Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 954: Like Giving Wings To A Dragon

Rate The Chapter:

  • Blew My Mind

    Votes: 35 70.0%
  • Great

    Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Good

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Higher Expectations

    Votes: 1 2.0%

  • Total voters
    50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
645
Reaction score
2,234
Points
1,750
Salty Doubloons
661
I mean hiyori said it herself that she won't meet momo before the battle
Yup there is no needs for distractions right now... the reason why they shouldn't leave her alone at this point if they get her she is a very valuable hostage. Not that Kaido needs it and even less now that he made and alliance with Big Mom. But still ....
[automerge]1567151050[/automerge]
True dat.

Maybe a hint from Oda that Hiyori needs to be redeemed in some way later on xD
What she do, why redeemed?
 

Rej

Messages
5,048
Reaction score
13,185
Points
14,950
Salty Doubloons
108,741
Yup there is no needs for distractions right now... the reason why they shouldn't leave her alone at this point if they get her she is a very valuable hostage. Not that Kaido needs it and even less now that he made and alliance with Big Mom. But still ....
[automerge]1567151050[/automerge]

What she do, why redeemed?
Her affilations with Kyoshiro...a possible planned Coup on her own. Disturbing the alliance and becomming like a plotdevice.... I am not sure but still alot of people got a bad feeling about Hiyori. Justified still imho.
 
Messages
645
Reaction score
2,234
Points
1,750
Salty Doubloons
661
Her affilations with Kyoshiro...a possible planned Coup on her own. Disturbing the alliance and becomming like a plotdevice.... I am not sure but still alot of people got a bad feeling about Hiyori. Justified still imho.
For all we know she could be brainwashed and still part of Orochi/Kaido faction. So yeah I get what you are saying. But I kind of hope Oda doesn't follow something like that. But let see.
 
Messages
124
Reaction score
1,052
Points
5,300
Salty Doubloons
403
This was a really dope chapter I can't wait to see what the numbers are like damn! Also that ending got me wasn't expecting that :)

Also wonder who that mysterious person was?
 

Rej

Messages
5,048
Reaction score
13,185
Points
14,950
Salty Doubloons
108,741
For all we know she could be brainwashed and still part of Orochi/Kaido faction. So yeah I get what you are saying. But I kind of hope Oda doesn't follow something like that. But let see.
Exactly. I mean she grew up with Kyoshiro probably and Kyoshiro seems to be a kind of Kaido dog. Xd
If Oda does something like that I jope it will be resolved quickly...

This was a really dope chapter I can't wait to see what the numbers are like damn! Also that ending got me wasn't expecting that :)

Also wonder who that mysterious person was?
What mysterious person? The Numbers?
 

Beky

Nancy <3
Messages
2,944
Reaction score
6,339
Points
6,350
Salty Doubloons
3,704
Damn those numbers look scary as fuck.
I suppose they are higher than Drake and such?

So 2 legendary swords hmmmm. Momo better deserve other one
 
Messages
15,327
Reaction score
45,314
Points
33,800
Salty Doubloons
630
Amazing Chapter!
But before saying anything about what this Chapter means to Overall Story, there are three things i want to discuss

1. Is Capone's Story happening at same time with current events, could it be Reverie is still ongoing (Possibly all Invitees are still there)

2. Hawkin's Statement to Law seems to indicate that he might betray Luffy and the only reason Hawkins would think of such an idea is if the guy who helped Law escape is actually an Enemy of Luffy or at least not an Ally. Everyone is expecting him to be X-Drake and i won't deny this possibility but what if it wasn't him, after all, X-Drake is automatically considered Luffy's Ally if he betrays Kaido.
In other words, that scene is suggesting that this Mysterious Guy is a Third Party that both Law & Hawkins know who isn't Luffy's Ally

3. Apoo is apparently one of "Numbers", and honestly i always considered him stronger than X-Drake & Hawkins due to his Rivalry with Kid, so it's possible these "Numbers" are Higher than Flying Six and aren't Headliners. (Even Queen's Reaction suggests it's rare to see them or at least together, indicating more worth than Headliners) of course, Rank doesn't mean Hawkins & X-Drake are inferior, but in general Numbers > Headliners
I wouldn't be surprised if it is going to be denjiro who helped him escaped.. Prolly kyoshiro, too. I always speculate that theey are the same individual
 

Rej

Messages
5,048
Reaction score
13,185
Points
14,950
Salty Doubloons
108,741
Damn those numbers look scary as fuck.
I suppose they are higher than Drake and such?

So 2 legendary swords hmmmm. Momo better deserve other one
Reminder:
Wasnt it stated that Orochi is using some kind of famous two sword style?
I think Orochi possesses both swords and Hiyori is on a solo mission to sneak away both swords from Orochi.

Maybe Zoro has to earn the swords by conflicting himself into this.
 
Messages
317
Reaction score
2,520
Points
3,050
Salty Doubloons
1,801
Really enjoyed the chapter. Still not satisfied much with the sword thing but we will see. I really hope that Tenguyama will speak to Zoro when he notices that he is carrying Sandai Kitetsu around. I really want to see their interaction. It is in itself surprising that Tenguyama just joined this and sits in the background as if he already belongs into the group even though there hasn't been any official statement from him yet, right?

The Law scene was really good, I was pretty sure from the beginning, that Hawkins could join in the future and this scene makes it even clearer even if Law left him like that for now. And I am excited for the unknown person. Didn't look like Drake to me.

But seems like the preparations are coming along nicely and the yakuza bosses take over their roles just fine. With this I truly hope that Act 2 will soon end.
 

Beky

Nancy <3
Messages
2,944
Reaction score
6,339
Points
6,350
Salty Doubloons
3,704
Reminder:
Wasnt it stated that Orochi is using some kind of famous two sword style?
I think Orochi possesses both swords and Hiyori is on a solo mission to sneak away both swords from Orochi.

Maybe Zoro has to earn the swords by conflicting himself into this.
Makes sense orochi stole other sword. But i doubt bcs it would be said already he has it
 
Messages
12
Reaction score
82
Points
135
Salty Doubloons
0
An alliance between Kaido and Big Mom?
Welp, everyones fucked :eek:

Whatever happened with Momo's sword anyway? He was not seen carrying it in any way, unless he hid it before he left Wano.
Also, Apoo turned traitor it seems, knew Law had a plan of some sort and wouldn't get himself captured that easily :D

Still hanging onto the Kyoshiro = Denjiro theory
 
Messages
20
Reaction score
54
Points
135
Salty Doubloons
0
I like all the mystery surrounding the chapter.

Where is Hiyori?
Why Doesnt Zoro have his third sword yet?
Where are oda's next fights going to be at?
How strong are the numbers compared to the headliners?
 
Messages
4,617
Reaction score
8,057
Points
12,150
Salty Doubloons
5,740
TB -> Moriah -> BB -> Wano
Look again at Coverpage from 953 Firetank Pirates heading to Florian Triangle and not to Pirates Paradies Island.

They will most likely find a way to pass the Redline (through Fishmen Island or a new secret way).
[automerge]1567171502[/automerge]
Wasnt it stated that Orochi is using some kind of famous two sword style?
Yeah. I bet a huge part of Orochis propaganda was turning Odens heroic stories in Orochis heroic stories.

So everything the Kids learned about Orochi was actually done by Oden^^
[automerge]1567172371[/automerge]
My theory goes to Drake!
Agree here the silhouette only fit with Drake so far. Kidd has a different cape, Apoo doesn't have a cape, Kyoshiro wears a Kimono and Hawkins lies down defeated.
On top of that Law seems to know the one who freed him.

So right now I see no other option then Drake.
 
Last edited:

Rej

Messages
5,048
Reaction score
13,185
Points
14,950
Salty Doubloons
108,741
Look again at Coverpage from 953 Firetank Pirates heading to Florian Triangle and not to Pirates Paradies Island.

They will most likely find a way to pass the Redline (through Fishmen Island or a new secret way).
[automerge]1567171502[/automerge]

Yeah. I bet a huge part of Orochis propaganda was turning Odens heroic stories in Orochis heroic stories.

So everything the Kids learned about Orochi was actually done by Oden^^
[automerge]1567172371[/automerge]

Agree here the silhouette only fit with Drake so far. Kidd has a different cape, Apoo doesn't have a cape, Kyoshiro wears a Kimono and Hawkins lies down defeated.
On top of that Law seems to know the one who freed him.

So right now I see no other option then Drake.
Doesn't mean they will go there, just think about it Lola moved forward, she is not in the florian triangle. This is about moving forward not backwards. We suddenly are back at the Reverie with Bege, and remember: It's the Worst Generation that will take over the pirate era!

I think that Bege will find something safe for Pe, Chiffon reunites with Lola, maybe they take care of Pez and Bege will head back to the New World for a final fight, maybe with Teach, maybe with Moriah, they will cross, or Perona. The possibilities are infinite.

Yeah Orochi is fake to the core lol.

Oh man yeah! I am not alone with that one :sweatwipe: :weirdpeep:
 
Messages
106
Reaction score
234
Points
2,700
Salty Doubloons
582
Reminder:
Wasnt it stated that Orochi is using some kind of famous two sword style?
I think Orochi possesses both swords and Hiyori is on a solo mission to sneak away both swords from Orochi.

Maybe Zoro has to earn the swords by conflicting himself into this.
Orochi sword has different shape with Enma or Ame no Hibakiri (or whatever), and i think those teacher mess up the whole story about Orochi being a hero include his fighting style....he's just a scrub....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom