Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 960: Kozuki Oden Takes the Stage

Rate this week's chapter!

  • Blew my mind

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Great

    Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Good

    Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Average

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Meh

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Poor

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
2,901
Reaction score
9,436
Points
7,700
Salty Doubloons
9,371
Reason why he fit more. He surely designed some plan to take out Orochi and now he has to include the rebels.
Yeah I bet that Kyoshiro has something to do with the alliance disappearing and leaving the scabbards in the dark. We are finally going to learn a lot about denjiro with this flashbacks it seems.

Both kyoshiro and denjiro are smooth talkers and manipulators and both have yakuza/rebel vibes—at this point either denjiro is dead or he is kyoshiro
 
Messages
4,318
Reaction score
20,501
Points
16,000
Salty Doubloons
36,343
Yeah I bet that Kyoshiro has something to do with the alliance disappearing and leaving the scabbards in the dark. We are finally going to learn a lot about denjiro with this flashbacks it seems.

Both kyoshiro and denjiro are smooth talkers and manipulators and both have yakuza/rebel vibes—at this point either denjiro is dead or he is kyoshiro
He can't be dead. Oda would have given us that news before showing us the man in a FB. With all the hype he built around him?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rej
Messages
2,901
Reaction score
9,436
Points
7,700
Salty Doubloons
9,371
He can't be dead. Oda would have given us that news before showing us the man in a FB. With all the hype he built around him?
I’m just saying, I think all bets are off at this point :blobaww:
This is my logic:
-I am basing a lot of this on the fact that Oda has been teasing sulong army since zou—and in my opinion is essentially guaranteed to happen.
-so that means the assault on onigashima tonight has to happen
-that means the alliance will have the ships they need
-that means the supposed tragedy of the plan having failed somehow because of the traitor—is actually a red herring
-in my opinion this means that too much is going on the alliance’s favor emotionally! Something exceptionally tragic, with the emotional impact on the readers with equivalent value of the raid ending in failure without actually making the odds against them too much worse—needs to take place.
-many expected oden flashback to come later in the arc—so there is a reason it had to happen right at this particular moment.
-so it is very very very significant that we are immediately introduced to young kinemon, young denjiro, and oden plot from the very start.
-perhaps this means that of all the red scabbards, kin and den were the closest to oden?
-so in conclusion I think that the events of the previous chapters, kinemon, denjiro, kyoshiro, the raid’s success, a devastating emotional blow to the reader, this specific flashback, the unmasking of the traitor—are all intimately connected!
 
Messages
4,318
Reaction score
20,501
Points
16,000
Salty Doubloons
36,343
The traitor is the priority. For me he's in the scabbards. Kanjuro has my eyes on him with his dragon on Zou. The incident of last chapter is not that emotional because we know that they can't be dead. But Kin'emon despair sure reached us
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rej
Messages
814
Reaction score
5,161
Points
5,500
Salty Doubloons
1,055
I loved how Oden's father disowned him lol

Denjiro is Scooper Gabban?? That's a great possibility!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rej
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,311
Points
3,050
Salty Doubloons
1,155
So it seems Denjiro looks like Scopper Gaban (I think it's time to introduce him) and explains why other Scabbards didn't really ask about him since he could be outside Wano anyway

Kyoshiro looks a lot like that Adviser talking to Shogun (Oden's Father), he could be his Son or something, i don't think Oda would drew them similar if he doesn't intend to make them related

Also it's obvious that this Flashback is only about Red Scabbards, in other words Oden meeting & befriending those Nine, while the rest of Story (Journey with Roger, & fight against Kaido/Orochi) will be left for another time

I liked how Hyo said that no one from Yakuza Henchmen can defeat Kin'emon 1v1 further showing the those Nine are the best Wano has to offer aside from very few Important Figures

This Flashback is 41 Years Ago so Oden died at Age of 39 since he is 18 Years Old in this Chapter, Kin'emon is 15, Kanjuro 18, Ashura 15, Inurashi & Neko aren't even Born, while others are Unknown (Denjiro seems very young, less than Kin'emon anyway), but since he didn't travel in time, then he should be older (Around 50 Years Old)

The Boar Sub-Plot isn't that interesting IMO but remember that Wano is based on Japan & Oda wants to put as much References as he can for Japanese Readers

It's also interesting that we got introduced to so many Characters in just One Chapter (Oden, His Father, Hyo, 2 Scabbards & Tsuru) so i'd say the Flashback is in Good Pace

I really doubt Traitor is gonna be revealed in this Flashback, because look at the timing, just when Red Scabbards experienced a very Emotional Moment and Oda showed us how Loyal they are and how far they are ready to go to Avenge Oden & fulfill his Dream, so this Flashback started to tell us about Oden & these Scabbards to make that scene have even more impact and meaning and fully explaining these Scabbards

But IMO if the Traitor is truly among Scabbards then this Flashback will give us Hints at least
I think this Flashback will end with revelation that one among Scabbards is Traitor which is something that only Fans concluded but never directly implied in Manga, so i think it will be an interesting revelation to confirm our doubts and make that Scabbards Scene even more emotional
 
Messages
317
Reaction score
2,520
Points
3,050
Salty Doubloons
1,801
This chapter was nice. Looks like we're getting a very nice and enjoyable story as flashback. I like how Otsuru is so aggressive with Kinemon :catsweat: the boar thing though, oof
 
Messages
9
Reaction score
125
Points
1,175
Salty Doubloons
19,887
I’m loving the interactions of young Otsuru and Kin’emon. Hope they retain that dynamic when they meet again in the present after Kaido’s defeat. The reveals of Sukiyaki (and how he looks so over Oden’s antics) and Denjiro are a nice surprise. I liked them both better than Oden’s reveal but it might be because I was expecting to see Oden but not the other two. However, looks wise, I don’t see the similarities between Kyoshiro and young Denjiro. I still think it’s plausible that Denjiro and Kyoshiro are one in the same, but the reveal of young Denjiro is making me question. I agree he looks more like a young Scopper or Koshiro though I don’t think he is either of them.

Cover story wise, I’m a little surprised that Bege and co don’t seem to have a better plan than wandering around Dressrosa looking for someone that looks like Lola. I would have expected him to come up with something more creative. IDK what though. And it’s not much of a disguise when Gotty’s jacket has his name on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rej
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom