Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ARE YOU FOOKIN SERIOUS!!!! WHITEBEARD CALLS HIM BROTHER!?????
Yeah the Oden hype is real. WB not only called him brother, he also put Oden on the same lvl as the likes of Big Mom and Kaidou.
But at least it was made clear that WB was one lvl above Oden.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
- My gut’s telling me Flashback Toki’s pulling a Pudding and Komurasaki. She’s simply hiding behind an innocent facade to mask some darker motives. Much like her daughter decades later, I’m thinking she’s on a mission and looking for some payback.

- As for her family name, may be a reference to the primordial generation of Japanese Shinto Gods, the Amatsukami. Toki hailing from an ancient Wano royal house could be a definite possibility.

- Anything to be said for Lady Toki being chased by an apparent Fishman of the KARMA pirates? I’ve long leaned towards Toki being a mermaid princess connected to a major Japanese mythological figure, but maybe Oda went in the opposite direction. I’d be curious to see how her first meeting with Kawamatsu will go. Either way, the possibilities are narrowing down. I strongly believe Toki comes from a family of conquerors who were themselves conquered, their tale intertwined with that of another Fishman Kingdom located near Wano ( basically One Piece Korea ).

- Sure are alot of Rafflesia corpse flowers on that island too. Can’t think of any significance beyond it mirroring the Southern Asian native habitats of said plant.

- First thing that came to mind when “Umibozu” Oden showed up with his face all swollen up was the fucking Cheep Chomps from Super Mario Bros. Lotsa stuff throughout One Piece, and Wano in particular, been giving me those Mario vibes for quite a while now. Anyways, wouldn’t be surprised if a some actual fatass Goliath Grouper or whatever Fishman Sea Priest was running around in the distant past.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Great chapter, next one will be even better. Surprised how detailed this chapter is, and there's still so much to cover in this flashback.

The way Toki said it make it seems like she's never been to Wano, wonder if the official translation will be different. Hopefully Toki plot line will explain the significance of opening the borders of Wano and why the timing of opening the border is important.

Not a fan of how Neko and Inu ends up aboard WB ship's.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah the Oden hype is real. WB not only called him brother, he also put Oden on the same lvl as the likes of Big Mom and Kaidou.
But at least it was made clear that WB was one lvl above Oden.
I wouldn’t say WB put Oden on the level of Kaido and Big Mom he just said that he has the personality of a leader.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best chapter of the flashback so far, Oden was really cute enjoying the world for the first time.
He's also a really good boy, despite his desire to leave with WB, the moment he heard Toki's cry he immediately went to save her even if that meant lose his big opportunity and this was what ultimately won WB's respect.

Now i'm curious about what made Izo change his heart, because he went from "i will never forgive you" to be ready to die for WB back in Marineford.

Toki is adorable and really different from the idea i had of her when i saw her silhouette the first time x3

Young!Roger is basically Ace with a mustache, it makes me remember the what if scenarios with 40yo!Ace :lazypoolplz:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think this was godly flashback. Roger , whitebeard in single chapter .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
WB pirate sure have fun. I wonder why Oden is going to leave them to sail on Roger boat

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Fantastic chapter. I normally don't like flashbacks as I want to see what's going to happen in present time but this flashback has been great. For me it's the best flash back in One Piece. I hope we get a glimpse of the Roger Pirates in Laugh Tale.

Also Toki is a very interesting character. She must know a lot of the secrets in the One Piece world.

Also very interesting that she seems to have a famed sword. It could be one of the first great swords in One Piece. I'm also thinking Hyori will probably inherit her sword. As she really didn't seems to care too much about Enma.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ace looks so much like Roger :pepehands: Almost makes me sad Ace died :vonflame:
Tho i can't wait for Toki to reveal some juicy secrets. Would be dissapointing if she knows nothing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom