Status
Not open for further replies.

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 966
Title: Roger and Whitebeard

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
ReadOnePiece [add a dot com]

ONE PIECE CHAPTER ### QUICK SUMMARY
Coming Soon...

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda hinted Blackbeard's possible origin 800+ chapters ago back in the Drum island arc. Let me explain.

Oda drew Blackbeard as a kid, who's shown to be crying at NIGHT with a half moon in the background. The crazy part is, there's a piece of SNOW under his feet.

Snow? And why is this has to do with snow?

Well, let's go back to the time where the named "Blackbeard" was ever FIRST mentioned in the manga.

It was in Drum island arc (A very snowy place)

In chapter 133 , Dalton said that Blackbeard Pirates went and destroyed Drum Island in a blink of an eye.

Next chapter later (134), Luffy brought up an interesting topic to Sanji that there was a guy from a bar (Makino's bar, Shanks?) told him that there are people who live in snowy countries that don't sleep. Because if they do, they'll die.

Oda is a genius in storytelling. I love One Piece.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a chapter ! Blew my mind ! Roger was so much like Luffy...
And that one clash...hell was way increadible than many anime fights...
[automerge]1576837944[/automerge]
We got glimpse of Roger's strength...
That black shadow was haki or darkeness fruit ?
[automerge]1576837956[/automerge]
Gonna reread again

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda hinted Blackbeard's possible origin 800+ chapters ago back in the Drum island arc. Let me explain.

Oda drew Blackbeard as a kid, who's shown to be crying at NIGHT with a half moon in the background. The crazy part is, there's a piece of SNOW under his feet.

Snow? And why is this has to do with snow?

Well, let's go back to the time where the named "Blackbeard" was ever FIRST mentioned in the manga.

It was in Drum island arc (A very snowy place)

In chapter 133 , Dalton said that Blackbeard Pirates went and destroyed Drum Island in a blink of an eye.

Next chapter later (134), Luffy brought up an interesting topic to Sanji that there was a guy from a bar (Makino's bar, Shanks?) told him that there are people who live in a snowy countries that don't sleep. Because if they do, they'll die.

Oda is a genius in storytelling. I love One Piece.
I remember seeing a video way back when and someone had made a theory about this lol. Crazy stuff
[automerge]1576838347[/automerge]
Maybe that "Guy in a bar" was Shanks? :blobthink:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wow.... forgot about that detail...
So BB never sleep in his life...
I still think that he is not 800 year old but related to ancient race or something...just like Toki..
And there could b a reson why he was looking for a darkness fruit specifically

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What if the reason BB doesnt sleep is bcs his personalities keep switching. When one is active other sleep :pepeclown:

Also, Scopper has a familiar tattoo but i cant make sense of it.

And Road Island? Never heard of it

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Roger's overwhelming power blew Oden away, it speaks volumes about Roger's strength.

While it's the first CoC clash without even touching, I am a bit disappointed the sky was not split in half like how it happened with Whitebeard vs Shanks or Kaido vs Big Mom. However the shockwave seems to be of a higher scale.

More information about reaching the last island 13 years ago, more members of Roger Pirates, Teach, Whitebeard's tsunamis and on top of that the Egg is still on board of Oro Jackson ship!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Honestly this could be the chapter of the year, definitely a strong contender imo.

Loved it. A Rare chapter in while, which makes ypu want to hear reviews/reactions and discuss it for hours continuously.

First thing first, the Highlight of the chapter i.e WB vs Roger clash. The weapons didn't even meet, goes to show their Haki lvl, they both were pure beasts at this stage.

We also got introduced to Scopper Gaban as one of the core fighters of the crew, and i kinda loved his design the most with those Axes, gives Viking like vibes and talks bout cutting Oden to pieces lmoa, tho sadly Oda didn't gave us their fight.

I also noticed the similarities Oda did with Ray, Scopper n Roger with Zoro, Sanji n Luffy in FI arc where Zoro n Sanji bout to start defeating Fishmens and Luffy moves past em and knock 50k fishmens. Oda also drew Ray n Scopper kinda like Zoro n Sanji last chapter, with Ray carrying his swords n Scopper hands in pockets like Sanji did. Ofcrs i am not saying Sanji is Gaban parallel, bt the trio together paralled M3 in this chapter. Gaban n Ray were also shown leading the Roger pirates against WB commanders, tho that felt bit underwhelming given Roger pirates were supposed to be a lvl above WBPs as previously generalised statements.

One other most interesting info that stood out was Teach staying awake all night. This has one been one of the mysteries surrounding Onepiece for long time nw, given he is the only user with 2 dfs abilities and Buggy straight away calls him Monster. I wonder what's the reason behind this, or it simply is due to Luffy statement about Men not sleeping in Snowy places. Teach also had serious vibes to him when he was a Kid, must have had rough upbringing i gather and appears to be loyal to his crew, or who knows.

Another heated discussion this chapter is gonna cause is Roger being a swordman which imo was coming since Rocks flashback, and Zoro fans should start accepting there's much more to being a WSS candidate than carrying a sword. Mihawk has at many intances hinted to be clear cut lvl below PK n WB and yet Roger wasn't WSS of his era, neither his sword was Black. WB bisento was also introduced among the blades and BM also carries a sword. This could also explain why Shanks who caries a sword could be stronger(grown in last few years, was equal before) than Mihawk and yet is not WSS. The definitions of anyone being WSS as long as he is with sword nevet made sense to me, since Fujitora or BM clearly are stronger but may not be even as good as swordman as Vista or Zoro.
Ofcrs many are gonna disagree, bt i would appreciate if you make your counter arguments without tagging me, i dont wanna engage in discussions currently.

And Oden joining Roger was also handled oky by Oda imo. But more than that i loved how Oda ended all those Arguments about Luffy becoming PK in 1-2 years while it took Roger most of his life journey. He simply didn't had Oden at first and connected the dots of Poneglypp being a map to final island on his own, or maybe due to Xebec.

Anyway the point being Roger with Oden completed the entire journey AGAIN in his last year, from Skypiea, to zou, Wano and Road star island to Raftal and become PK.

It also could explain Ray n Scopper becoming more stronger in that last year, growing a lvl above WB piratez, excluding Roger(since he was sick, so could have grown weak). How the crew matched WB crew for 3 days, while Old Ray still could match Kizaru in Saboady. Or maybe Oda simply wasn't consistent with PLs in this chapter since Ray n Scopper together would solo the WB pirates imo, given Marco n others were basically kids.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Glad to finally see Roger being like Luffy!!!

Would have love to see this panel much bigger with more details! For me it was the best panel of this chapter!!!
(It also finally confirmed the metal Trio!)

Also interisting that Oda finally confirmed that Oden didn't have VOAT! But also that Roger could only sense the importance of Poneglyphs but still needed someone to translate them.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ohhh!! I read the chapter on a german site but damn this is real good! :pepeexcited:
so much information about Roger and Whitebeard and Oden! And also cough cough Blackbeard :blobwhatever:

Now my hype is a bit back finally :catsweat:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My, my, my... What a chapter... We're finally getting what we waited for all these years... :pepeexcited:As I suspected, Oden was the one that engraved Rogers words onto the Skypiea poneglyph... This is just getting exponentially more and more and more awesome! :pepeexcited:
[automerge]1576846524[/automerge]
Ohhh!! I read the chapter on a german site but damn this is real good! :pepeexcited:
so much information about Roger and Whitebeard and Oden! And also cough cough Blackbeard :blobwhatever:

The theory about Blackbeard not sleeping was correct! I was like wtf!?! I hope Oda gives us a more detailed backstory on Teach and explains his ability to consume and hold 3 DF powers!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My, my, my... What a chapter... We're finally getting what we waited for all these years... :pepeexcited:As I suspected, Oden was the one that engraved Rogers words onto the Skypiea poneglyph... This is just getting exponentially more and more and more awesome! :pepeexcited:
[automerge]1576846524[/automerge]

The theory about Blackbeard not sleeping was correct! I was like wtf!?! I hope Oda gives us a more detailed backstory on Teach and explains his ability to consume and hold 3 DF powers!
Honestly I didn't even know about that theory. I just read it above here in the thread and was like WHAT??? THat MakeS SEnsE??? :poggers: like damn am I blind.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Glad to finally see Roger being like Luffy!!!

Would have love to see this panel much bigger with more details! For me it was the best panel of this chapter!!!
(It also finally confirmed the metal Trio!)

Also interisting that Oda finally confirmed that Oden didn't have VOAT! But also that Roger could only sense the importance of Poneglyphs but still needed someone to translate them.
I can't wait for all of this to be animated! Roger was a total goofball like Luffy, Luffy is truly his reincarnation in every sense wow!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Ich nehme mal an du bist auch deutscher, beziehungsweise lebst in Deutschland ? :)
[automerge]1576849412[/automerge]
Imagine you can’t sleep like BB, no wonder he has a plan to become PK, since he’s planning 24/7 for several decades.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Probably the chapter that i will read over and over again. It gave us too many details and clarity as to why Oden boarded that ship... Blew my mind 10/10

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It seems like Bege got a bounty increase, although it's hard to say if his new bounty is 850 Million or 350 Million.
Based on how Morgans hyped up Luffy and portrayed Bege like Luffys underling being slightly above Sanji with 350.000.000 sounds reasonable for me.
[automerge]1576861100[/automerge]
Amazing chapter hands down

I'm hoping Oden's notebook is given to Strawhat Pirates. Lots of key stuff here
I doubt they will get it. Would be too many informations in it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Based on how Morgans hyped up Luffy and portrayed Bege like Luffys underling being slightly above Sanji with 350.000.000 sounds reasonable for me.
[automerge]1576861100[/automerge]

I doubt they will get it. Would be too many informations in it.
Thats what I was thinking. Robin is there for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom