Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There is a huge difference. Luffy was no match for Kaidou, Oden was equal to Kaidou.
Kaido likely grew way stronger over 20 years

Also, what if that Sukiyaki assistant is the traitor and Kyoshiro is his son? That explains how that Kurozumi hag managed to copy Sukiyaki to dupe Wano. And explains the spy in Kuri who notified Kaido of Oden's planned attack. And when he died, Kyoshiro took over and informed Orochi of all the plans.

Witching Hour Boy could be Denjiro.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
damn... I like Oden more as a character

I really thought that the dancing was stupid and made no sense for the way Oda wrote his character...

but the whole time Oden just felt bad for what his people did and was trying to make amends for the past sins of his country. What a literally hero. And then Orochi went back on the diplomacy...

Orochi is trash hope he dies this arc to Momonosuke

at least Kaido is still giving Oden chances and trying to fight rather than sneaking around and lying to people.

Oden is a true boss holding up his retainers I was wondering how they all didn't die. Oden, the G

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
damn... I like Oden more as a character

I really thought that the dancing was stupid and made no sense for the way Oda wrote his character...

but the whole time Oden just felt bad for what his people did and was trying to make amends for the past sins of his country. What a literally hero. And then Orochi went back on the diplomacy...

Orochi is trash hope he dies this arc to Momonosuke

at least Kaido is still giving Oden chances and trying to fight rather than sneaking around and lying to people.

Oden is a true boss holding up his retainers I was wondering how they all didn't die. Oden, the G
I really wish Oden contacted all his allies about the hostage situation so that they can rescue and protect everyone even while he danced.

After all, that's literally the point of the current story. Gathering all the allies to overthrow Orochi and Kaido (and recently Big Mom)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really wish Oden contacted all his allies about the hostage situation so that they can rescue and protect everyone even while he danced.
Yes, that would've been great but would not work base on how we know Oden personality since the very beginning he's the "i'll do it myself" type of person ever since his introduction he faces Ashura and his gang alone not even asking for his retainers for help, he clash with WB alone, even if he already has the 2nd division he still went on first to face the Roger Pirates alone.

it isn't in his character to ask others for help as he even deny the Roger Pirates to help him open Wano borders. He's carrying it all in his shoulder by himself just like how he currently doing with the scabbards i don't think if one of them is the traitor at this point they all owe their lives to Oden and if i'm wrong that person must've a very good deep reason for betraying him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That scene with Momo tearing up was incredibly off-putting, if only because Hiyori and Toki especially seemed so non-plussed despite the current situation. Hard to judge whether it's cause for concern or meant to simply further showcase the toughness of the Kozuki family's women, contrasting with a lot of the emotional males seen throughout the arc ( Momo, the Scabbards, even the Roger Pirates ).

Whichever the case, I've no doubt that Toki ( and Hiyori in the modern day ) are each running their own game apart from everyone else. Maybe they're fighting back in the only way women in their world can...through deceit and manipulation?
[automerge]1581739645[/automerge]
Yeah it's been slowly building up.

I'm wondering if one of them will try lightening Oden's load by willingly sacrificing themselves and attempting to jump into the oil, with the other blocking said attempt. Cue a bitter argument over honoring Oden's wishes vs. throwing away one's life for him, accusations of cowardice, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am dropping my malicious suspicion on a scabbard being a traitor.. There's no sense that one of em could be one.. I mean, they were all destined to be a dish in that panel bit nay... I agree that it could have been Kiku but was that a bit cliché? I am betting that we are yet to see who that one was...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Was interesting chapter...! Chances of Kunochi being traitor become slim !

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
And also, we alrdy found out the real rsn behind that deal.. It's not as simple as a boat and kaido leaving in 5 years.. We have been informed that there's a noble submission of patriotism in that dance...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yes, that would've been great but would not work base on how we know Oden personality since the very beginning he's the "i'll do it myself" type of person ever since his introduction he faces Ashura and his gang alone not even asking for his retainers for help, he clash with WB alone, even if he already has the 2nd division he still went on first to face the Roger Pirates alone.

it isn't in his character to ask others for help as he even deny the Roger Pirates to help him open Wano borders. He's carrying it all in his shoulder by himself just like how he currently doing with the scabbards i don't think if one of them is the traitor at this point they all owe their lives to Oden and if i'm wrong that person must've a very good deep reason for betraying him.
It's still an important, if not necessary, moment of character development to step back and realize that not every situation can be resolved alone, especially if the enemy strikes up an alliance with powerful pirates and a traitor is somewhere present. Oden engaged in pirate battles so he should be aware.

I guess it makes sense if the flashback is to show the tragic flaw of taking everything by yourself. Hence why the entire saga is focused on shoring up huge alliances to save Wano.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It'd also lend more narrative weight to Luffy's eventual decision to call on the Strawhat Grand Fleet, whenever he chooses to do so in the story, at least. It's fair to say that Oden's journey was intended to demonstrate some of the potential pitfalls that come with being a ruler. With others looking to Luffy for leadership, the question is how will Luffy succeed ( or possibly fail on occasion) compared to others who bear the burden of responsibility that comes with authority...whether sought after or freely given.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Something that disturbs me about Odens death is that there is a fortunately rare phenomenon called "*sardonic laughter". Basically if a body is burned alive all of the muscles contract including those of the face causing a death grin by burning.

Not what Oda was going for here but still...

*Wikipedia article I found on child sacrifice years ago referred to it as sardonic laughter but it's a bit misleading as the literal definition of sardonic laughter is just laughing at random or unfunny times.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Something that disturbs me about Odens death is that there is a fortunately rare phenomenon called "*sardonic laughter". Basically if a body is burned alive all of the muscles contract including those of the face causing a death grin by burning.

Not what Oda was going for here but still...

*Wikipedia article I found on child sacrifice years ago referred to it as sardonic laughter but it's a bit misleading as the literal definition of sardonic laughter is just laughing at random or unfunny times.
Isn't it a laugh like, muwahahahahahaha with a very low tone of voice yet echoing from the depths of the earth?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isn't it a laugh like, muwahahahahahaha with a very low tone of voice yet echoing from the depths of the earth?
It can be.
[automerge]1582591544[/automerge]
Btw, Pandaman is on Page 9, top panel in the extreme bottom left corner of the Viz translation.

You're welcome. ✌

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom