Spoilers One Piece Chapter 987 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That opens so many more questions though. Like how does Kinemon & Kiko have this ability when he has not spent 20 years honing his skills like Denjiro yet having the same effect? There's got to be more to it than that if indeed just simply unlocking a certain kind of CoA haki. You're telling me that before this moment no one with this kind of haki besides Oden got to Kaido? Really? REALLY????
Its like answering the question why does Asia have much better CoO then almost any other character in OP.

Sure one can question how did Kinemon & Co manage to unlock high lvl CoA. But saying Kaidou got weakened through emotional is just wrong.

One possibility CoA unlock could be emotions. We learned many times Haki being connected to the will of a character -> their strong will to take down Kaidou combined with their emotions and already existing skill might have caused that they unlocked advance CoA.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
First of all Ryuo isn't that Rare, Scabbards, Oden, Hyogoro can use it & according to Hyo many Wano Samurai can do that
Even outside Wano, we have others like Boa Sisters, Sentomaru, Sabo, Lucci, most Top Tiers and now Luffy & Zoro too .... etc

However having Ryuo alone isn't enough to defeat Kaido, it only gives you ability to be able to Harm him, but you still need to reach him & still need to deliver a Powerful Attack. Scabbards surprised him so they were able to hit him and cmon half of these are really Powerful & the other Half are still strong Fighters

It's not weird that no one was able to harm Kaido before, he is very Strong Individual and even if he fought WB, BM, Shiki ... etc before, as long as he wasn't Surprised by them, then he can prevent them from Harming him. Scabbards simply surprised him and even though we have the likes of Denjiro, Ashura, Mink Kings among them, they still only managed to injure him a little, nothing serious

Regarding his Death Wish, Kaido doesn't look to die in any way possible, because he could have easily asked someone Strong to kill him without resistance or drown himself ... etc Kaido wants to Die in a War, he wants his Death to be meaningful, not just simply Die. As for his Suicide Attempts, it was stated that it became his Hobby to test the Endurance of his Body by jumping from very high places
I wonder why didn't he choose to die in war against Oden.
[automerge]1596728217[/automerge]
While I'd agree that Scabbards stabbing Kaido make sense I think we all would also agree that Oda overhyped Kaido, there was no point hyping up Kaido so much in first place since people will be disappointed when Oda shows Luffy not being able to even scratch Kaido and Then, Kinemon stabs him. That's actually Oda's biggest flaw, he overhypes things to a degree that people inevitably will be disappointed, Oda also said that "Marinford will look like child's play compared to Wano or somethings on those lines, so don't quote me on that" but I highly doubt it's going to happen, and don't take me wrong since I think overall Wano probably will be bigger and more events will happen there but it's not going to be what Oda said it would be.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Credit: Redon
No chapter next week becouse Jump is on holiday (no One Piece, no My Hero Academia, no Dr. Stone...). Chapter 988 Spoilers will be published 20th August.
17 Pages (+2 Colour Spread)

Chapter has 5 Double spreads
WSJ #36-37

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While I'd agree that Scabbards stabbing Kaido make sense I think we all would also agree that Oda overhyped Kaido, there was no point hyping up Kaido so much in first place since people will be disappointed when Oda shows Luffy not being able to even scratch Kaido and Then, Kinemon stabs him
I disagree with this. Kaidou hype still the same.
Kaidou did almost the same as he did against Luffy. He was careless thinking the scabbards couldn't scratch anyway.
But in the moment the scabbards attack Kaidou with their strong will they unlock advance CoA.
Next chapter Kaidou will get serious.
Lets wait and see what is going to happen in 988.
Kaidou accepts the Red Scabbards' challenge, he will show them the power of "The Strongest Creature".

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I disagree with this. Kaidou hype still the same.
Kaidou did almost the same as he did against Luffy. He was careless thinking the scabbards couldn't scratch anyway.
But in the moment the scabbards attack Kaidou with their strong will they unlock advance CoA.
Next chapter Kaidou will get serious.
Lets wait and see what is going to happen in 988.
I totally agree with what you said and that's not my point, my point is that Kaido has been introduced in such a way that he was represented as someone that can be damaged only by the strongest people like, Roger, Whitbeard, Shanks, Big Mom, Oden, Admirals etc. If Kinemon was meant to stab Kaido then Oda shouldn't overhype characters that much, I'm personally fine with what happened it's just that if you hype someone too much no matter what you will do people will be disappointed. It's much better to not hype characters or hype them with considerable amount so that people would form their own opinion rather than being talled what to expect.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kaido has been introduced in such a way that he was represented as someone that can be damaged only by the strongest people like, Roger, Whitbeard, Shanks, Big Mom, Oden, Admirals etc
Kaidou was introduced in a way that noone besides Oden ever manage to hurt him.
And it was hinted before the Oden flashback that CoA is the key to hurt and wound Kaidou. That was confirmed.

But being able to hurt someone is far away from being able to beat someone. For me the hype is still real and the same as before.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I totally agree with what you said and that's not my point, my point is that Kaido has been introduced in such a way that he was represented as someone that can be damaged only by the strongest people like, Roger, Whitbeard, Shanks, Big Mom, Oden, Admirals etc. If Kinemon was meant to stab Kaido then Oda shouldn't overhype characters that much, I'm personally fine with what happened it's just that if you hype someone too much no matter what you will do people will be disappointed. It's much better to not hype characters or hype them with considerable amount so that people would form their own opinion rather than being talled what to expect.
Agreed. For Kaido to be captured by the Marines and held for a certain period of time and being unable to be hurt tells me that it isn't as simple as having the right kind of CoA haki. You don't hype him up like that only for someone like Kinemon doing the damage that Big Mom couldn't.

I also have no idea why Kaido is having flashbacks since getting cut by Oden and defeating Oden occurred so quickly. You would think that if that was such a big event for Kaido they would've spent more time on it in the flashback.

Maybe it has something to do with the emotions, seastone, or the 9 scabbards just happened to be the only ones to have the special haki? But we won't know until Oda decides to reveal more. I have been pleasantly surprised about explanations in the past so hopefully it's the same thing here.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While I'd agree that Scabbards stabbing Kaido make sense I think we all would also agree that Oda overhyped Kaido, there was no point hyping up Kaido so much in first place since people will be disappointed when Oda shows Luffy not being able to even scratch Kaido and Then, Kinemon stabs him. That's actually Oda's biggest flaw, he overhypes things to a degree that people inevitably will be disappointed, Oda also said that "Marinford will look like child's play compared to Wano or somethings on those lines, so don't quote me on that" but I highly doubt it's going to happen, and don't take me wrong since I think overall Wano probably will be bigger and more events will happen there but it's not going to be what Oda said it would be.
Kaido vs Luffy didn't Hype Kaido's Endurance (We already got that when he was Introduced)
The scary thing is how Powerful his Attacks are, having Ryuo won't save them from being One-Shotted
Even Oden himself fell after a single hit from Kaido

Ryuo is just giving them a way to harm him, it doesn't change the fact that they are facing a Yonko Level Fighter and they need very Powerful Attacks to bring him down (Taking into account that he have Mythical Zoan so enhanced recovering)

Oda said MF will look like Filler compared to Final War and tbh i can definitely see this Raid escalate to become Final War but it's not one yet.
We still have Two Yonko, Revos, Marines, WGs + Other 3rd Parties & SH Grand Fleet and most of these will definitely be in Final War.
It's not Wano Raid
I wonder why didn't he choose to die in war against Oden.
I said he wants to die in a War, it doesn't mean he would just let himself be killed in one, they have to earn it
Either way, this doesn't apply to 20 Years Ago, it was a fight against 10 Samurai, there is no Glory in dying against few Samurai when you already took over their whole Country and at the time he most probably didn't start his Suicide Hobby yet and didn't become Yonko yet

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
On Reddit you find an Imgur link raw chapter + translation, chapter is nothing but hype :pepeexcited:

Queens reactions so cool :pepelaugh:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Fodder: The samurais that we should have arrested in the 'Flower Capital'!! The prisoners of Udon!! And adding to the pirates, the former Shichibukai Law, everyone is joining together and their force keeps increasing!! Furthermore for some reason "Marco the Phoenix" and Charlotte Perospero are in the entrance!! Queen: Huuuuuuh!?

LMAO

Neko brought all the warriors in Wano at Full fucking MOOON..... IT's Suloooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom