News One Piece Live Action

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Netflix Jp has announced that the One Piece Live Action Series will have 10 episodes in the first season. The series will be produced by Netflix.

Veteran Steven Maeda (Lost, The X-Files) is the writer, showrunner and executive producer. Matt Owens (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Luke Cage) is writer/executive producer.

Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios (Cowboy Bebop, Snowpiercer, Hanna) are executive producers alongside Eiichiro Oda, the author of the manga series.

One Piece is a co-production between Netflix and Tomorrow Studios, a partnership between Adelstein and ITV Studios. Netflix will handle physical production.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I’m looking forward to it. Nothing wrong about a Live Action series.

Everything besides the original Manga are adaptions, Anime for instance is just an adaption, so why not a Live Action series.

I mean many of us enjoying already the Anime or Games from OP.

I believe it will be nice.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I know who perfectly would fit Kaido, Jason Momoa. But I believe such huge characters will be realized with some CGI and stuff Disney’s Marvel does with Thanos etc
[automerge]1580337505[/automerge]
Well let’s have some fun. Everybody who wants to can choose your favorite Actor for the characters.

Sanji - Steve Buscemi
Frankly - Jim Carey
Usopp - Dev Patel

.... it’s pretty hard to be honest. Especially Nami and Robin.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I know who perfectly would fit Kaido, Jason Momoa. But I believe such huge characters will be realized with some CGI and stuff Disney’s Marvel does with Thanos etc
Well let’s have some fun. Everybody who wants to can choose your favorite Actor for the characters.

Sanji - Steve Buscemi
Frankly - Jim Carey
Usopp - Dev Patel

Josh Brolin for Akainu
Erm,,, Jim Carey fits Mr. 2..
Eva Green for hahahahhaa Robin chwan

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Sanji - Steve Buscemi
Frankly - Jim Carey
Usopp - Dev Patel

Jim Carrey for Franky? Lol.

He's better for a funny character like Buggy. Ben Stiller for Bentham. Will Ferrell for Kizaru :dogkek:

Josh Brolin for Akainu
Erm,,, Jim Carey fits Mr. 2..
Eva Green for hahahahhaa Robin chwan
I support the Thanos Akainu.

Josh Brolin was pretty cool in MIB 3 movie

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Info on First Episode:

The Title of First Episode is "Romance Dawn"
The Episode will focus on Luffy & Zoro
The Episode will start with Roger's Execution, Young Smoker will be shown there
Sengoku & Kong will be present & Kong will be the one to announce the Execution (Give the Order)
Then we will have Luffy's Story with Shanks, Luffy meeting Koby & Alvida & then Shell Town Sub-Plot (Morgan's Island)
There will few details modified (For example Zoro & Helmeppo's Meeting) + We will see Zoro refusing Baroque Works
Zoro will be tied to a Traditional Cross instead of Normal Pillar (Girl Rika who gave Zoro Food will Appear)
Episode will end before Luffy meets Zoro

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Info on First Episode:

The Title of First Episode is "Romance Dawn"
The Episode will focus on Luffy & Zoro
The Episode will start with Roger's Execution, Young Smoker will be shown there
Sengoku & Kong will be present & Kong will be the one to announce the Execution (Give the Order)
Then we will have Luffy's Story with Shanks, Luffy meeting Koby & Alvida & then Shell Town Sub-Plot (Morgan's Island)
There will few details modified (For example Zoro & Helmeppo's Meeting) + We will see Zoro refusing Baroque Works
Zoro will be tied to a Traditional Cross instead of Normal Pillar (Girl Rika who gave Zoro Food will Appear)
Episode will end before Luffy meets Zoro
what's the source?

Sounds pretty good though. With the amount of information given already in the manga and SBS and also Oda having his hands in the production they can add lots of stuff that isn't really shown in the manga

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
what's the source?

Sounds pretty good though. With the amount of information given already in the manga and SBS and also Oda having his hands in the production they can add lots of stuff that isn't really shown in the manga
It's a Leaked Script for First Episode & "Boundingintocomics" is my Source

It says that the Show will follow Anime very closely while expanding and adding scenes that weren't shown in Anime & only hinted at
(Such as Zoro refusing Baroque Works Invitation & his Past as a Bounty Hunter perhaps)

The Episode will exactly start with Smoker pushing through the crowd to see Roger's Execution
Luffy's Story with Shanks will be exactly same as Manga, except Scene where Luffy stab himself will not be shown
Then we will see Zoro in a place called "Mountaintop Shrine" where he is approached by Mr.7 who invites him to join Baroque Works
But Zoro obviously refuses and kills him

And rest is i said above, Episode will end with Luffy & Koby on Small Rowboat with Luffy recalling his Promise to Shanks & final shot shows Zoro tied to a Wooden Crucifix

Top Bottom