Fan Club Pirate Straw Hat Luffy Fanclub

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am pretty convinced that Luffy will get no Power-Up anymore when it comes to haki(learned every shade of haki now and will only improve his usage during battle) but I totally see a new G4 form down the line. G5 seems unnecessary at this point because he is close to Pirate King/Strongest there is level now.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy learned the usage of every haki type by Rayleigh during the timeskip. But with advance CoA and advance CoO I am actually hyped for advance CoC :pepemusic:
And I see G5 as option after Luffy awaken his DF.

Its a shonen Manga there always room for power ups. With Im and Rocks Oda just introduced characters which have the possibility to end up being a new tier if it comes to powerlvl :weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am pretty convinced that Luffy will get no Power-Up anymore when it comes to haki(learned every shade of haki now and will only improve his usage during battle) but I totally see a new G4 form down the line. G5 seems unnecessary at this point because he is close to Pirate King/Strongest there is level now.
There is CoC thing...I don't think it is just about knocking out fodders
[automerge]1582040149[/automerge]
Wanna join
welcome

@Oreki

add him

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There is CoC thing...I don't think it is just about knocking out fodders
[automerge]1582040149[/automerge]

welcome

@Oreki

add him
100% agreed and I think Luffy has already learned what CoC really is, that is Future Sight, Flaming Hardening(G4) and Implosion Flowing. All these shades of haki have only been mastered by CoC users and there is a lot of evidence that its a hard requirement(like Hyogoro stating that this shade of haki can't be taught by him even though he is a master of Flowing. He doesn't have CoC unlike Luffy/Oden). Rayleigh's explanation of haki even semi-confirms this hypothesis if you take what he says for granted. He states that the CoC is different to CoA and CoO because both COLORS can be TYPICALLY divided into their respective shades, so by its very nature CoC can't be divided. What does this mean in the color metaphor that Oda uses for haki and why use 3 primary colors in the first place? Its because you can mix CoC(that is its ability after all, it can impose itself onto others like other shades of haki) with other shades of haki and then the mystery of haki seems completely solved.

CoC+CoO = Future Sight
CoC+CoA(Hardening) = Flaming Hardening
CoC+CoA(Flowing )= Implosion Flowing

And if you understand what all the shades of haki are and how they function, mixing into them CoC would result in exactly those effects. Like being able to impose your Flowing into the enemy's body hurting them from the insight like a foreign object. The same is true for being able to perceive something that can't be perceived like the future by getting information that isn't otherwise available(maybe doing a full read on everyone present and knowing how they would react,we don't really get how it works and will probably never get a solid explanation). Or being able to still use your devil fruit abilities even though you use hardening, which should result in the loss of your devil fruit properties on the affected areas. All of those shades of haki have something do to with imposing something that shouldn't otherwise be possible and hence is the true value of the CoC.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CoC+CoO = Future Sight
CoC+CoA(Hardening) = Flaming Hardening
CoC+CoA(Flowing )= Implosion Flowing
Both the advance CoA and advance CoO were never in any way connected to CoC, neither by Rayleighs nor Hyous explanations. Thats why I doubt that these are connected to CoC.
I don't say its Impossible, but why should Oda make a secret out of it? I expect advance CoC becomes a thing in its own and to be honest I would dissappointed if not.

And about flaming pattern, so far it looks like it is connected to Devil Fruits. Katakuri keeps being sticky and Luffy keeps being bouncy while using CoA with Flame pattern. And the third one we saw with flame pattern was BM another DF user. With it she was somehow able to drain Luffys power while using flame pattern CoA, that could also stand in connection with her DF.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Both the advance CoA and advance CoO were never in any way connected to CoC, neither by Rayleighs nor Hyous explanations. Thats why I doubt that these are connected to CoC.
I don't say its Impossible, but why should Oda make a secret out of it? I expect advance CoC becomes a thing in its own and to be honest I would dissappointed if not.

And about flaming pattern, so far it looks like it is connected to Devil Fruits. Katakuri keeps being sticky and Luffy keeps being bouncy while using CoA with Flame pattern. And the third one we saw with flame pattern was BM another DF user. With it she was somehow able to drain Luffys power while using flame pattern CoA, that could also stand in connection with her DF.
Why would Oda make a secret out of Flowing, Flaming Hardening, Implosion Flowing, Blackening Swords and almost everything that is related to haki including CoC? Well, he does that and I simply accept that. I get why you would be disappointed but I think that is where the "evidence" and story leads us. Why would Rayleigh spoil the entire mystery and not say it in an indirect way(which he did, I don't see you refuting anything that he states)? The same is true for Hyogoro, why would he say the mystery of CoC in a direct way and not in an indirect way like "I can't teach you this shade of haki" because its "beyond" him(even though he is a master of flowing)? So we exactly see in the story what we would expect if this take is indeed true. The flaming pattern point I don't see a reason to refute. Negating your enemies hardening by imposing an ability on them makes definitive sense and haki is related to devil fruits in way more deeper ways that I don't even have to go into(I seem to remember you think so, too. So I don't know why you counter signal that point). As for a connection between CoC and the other shades of haki, I would say a 100% correlation is not a coincidence.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Why would Oda make a secret out of Flowing, Flaming Hardening, Implosion Flowing, Blackening Swords and almost everything that is related to haki including CoC? Well, he does that and I simply accept that. I get why you would be disappointed but I think that is where the "evidence" and story leads us. Why would Rayleigh spoil the entire mystery and not say it in an indirect way(which he did, I don't see you refuting anything that he states)?
The point for me is, it wouldn't have revealed too much (and I also wouldn't have complained about it), if Oda had it introduced it that way. I mean Hyo and Rayleigh who seem to know a lot about could have just said "you need strong CoC to expand your CoA and CoO". Everyone would have been fine with it.

But choose to tell us that CoA wave is advance CoA and Future Sight is advance CoO and you get throw train your CoA and CoO. Telling us afterwards it was only possible through CoC is for me a narrative No go. And thats why I expect advance CoC will become a thing in the next big Arc and maybe even against BM and Kaidou.

Right now I have no real idea what it could be, but I think Oda will come up with something great.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The point for me is, it wouldn't have revealed too much (and I also wouldn't have complained about it), if Oda had it introduced it that way. I mean Hyo and Rayleigh who seem to know a lot about could have just said "you need strong CoC to expand your CoA and CoO". Everyone would have been fine with it.

But choose to tell us that CoA wave is advance CoA and Future Sight is advance CoO and you get throw train your CoA and CoO. Telling us afterwards it was only possible through CoC is for me a narrative No go. And thats why I expect advance CoC will become a thing in the next big Arc and maybe even against BM and Kaidou.

Right now I have no real idea what it could be, but I think Oda will come up with something great.
You can say what Oda did with haki in total is a complete narrative no go but he did it anyways. Red conning it and giving "untrue" introductions, then revealing more when it already seems to late(like 5+ years later) and whatever he did but I would say that at this point its very clear and enough is given to figure this one out without introducing a complete new thing. That would be way worse than an established system being finally explained. There is a reason why people who display certain abilities have all a common trait and its restated over and over again that those people have the CoC even when its irrelevant.

After seeing Roger VS WB everyone should have understood that there is no need for a separate "advanced" CoC form. What did we see instead? Everything that Yonko Tier fighters would be able to do including current or post first Yonko fight Luffy. I don't see any evidence beside special kinds of abilities like Poseidon/Voice of all creation/clairvoyance+ the possession thing like Cavendish and almost certainly of Blackbeard could be CoC related because you impose your spirit onto other people. That though is still the same ability of what CoC is just taken to its logical extreme. About a "new shade" that we haven't seen before, I highly doubt that, it has to have happened before as with Rayleigh/Shanks displaying Flowing/Implosion Flowing.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
About a "new shade" that we haven't seen before, I highly doubt that, it has to have happened before as with Rayleigh/Shanks displaying Flowing/Implosion Flowing
Why is a new thing unlikely? Its even possible that not even Roger unlocked advance CoC. I mean there is a lot of stuff possible. Luffy don't only have to reach Rogers lvl he has to surpass him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Since flashback is over, looking forward to the appearance of Luffy...it has been very long.....and he was there in the present cover and so he will make an appearance in the next two chapters which completes the volume.....so hope he make some epic entrance to the onigaishima

Top Bottom