Duel Race to Helgafjell

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Mount Helgafjell
The Isle of Helland

Helgafjell is the holy mountain of the isle of Helland. For countless generations the people of Helland have competed in a deadly race to the summit as a way to resolve disputes and grudges. Running from the shore to the peak, competitors attack each other in a bid to be the first. After countless injuries and fatalities the practice has fallen out of favor for the inhabitants of Helland, but the arrival of a pirate crew might see the old tradition resurface.

@God_Usopun @Fire Tiger
[automerge]1569386014[/automerge]
"Kilij Talking"
[Kilij Thinking]
Kilij Action

2 Hook Swords
3 Sets of 3 Throwing Knives
1 long dark grey cloak, 1 dark bandana, 1 long white scarf, 1 pair of cargo pants, 1 brown shirt, fingerless gloves, 1 backpack with assorted supplies like rope, small hammer, money, food supplies, and emergency kit.

Statistics:

49x5 = 245 Mink Race Bonuses: +16 speed (4x4=16), +16 strength (4x4=16), +4 any (1x4=4), +5 any (MA mastery lvl. 41)
Strength: 45 + 16 = 61
Speed: 40+ 16 = 56
56x2 = 112
-Reaction: 50 +5(Mind) = 55
-Movement: 62
Vitality: 37 +5 =42
42x2 = 84
-Durability: 43
-Stamina: 41
Mind: 46
46x2 = 92
-Science: 42
-Beast Mastery: 50
Martial Arts: 57 + 4 = 61
61x2 = 122
-Ittoryu/Nitoryu: 61
-Electro: 61
Haki: 20
20×2= 40
-Armament Haki: 29
-Observation Haki: 11(Awareness)

What was supposed to be a calming dinner in the crew of the Backyard Pirates had turned into a disaster. For some reason Kilij Dao Odachi swordsman and blacksmith of the crew kept getting into arguments with another crew member Number X. Kilij and X kept disagreeing on everything. First it was what to eat, then it was on how it should be prepared, then the drinks, and they even argued about the dessert. No matter what was the topic they just couldn't seem to agree on anything. The discussions got so heated that they ended up pulling out their weapons.

That was when a sensible crew member put a stop to the fight and proposed a way fix the stalemate. The island that they were anchored on to resupply had an ancient tradition for resolving grudges. The two quarreling individuals would race to the top of a certain mountain while fighting each other, retrieve a sacred object, and return to the starting line. He who came back first or he who survived would be in the right and the loser would be wrong.

At first Kilij found the whole idea silly and pointless, but his heated mind make him accept the proposal in an instant. He was a proud member of the Mink Race, so he figured that he would easily beat X and claim superiority. Therefore he gathered supplies and headed to the chosen starting line without saying a word. The race was set to begin at dawn and Kilij needed to study the environment and contemplate how he would pulverize his opponent along the way.

@God_Usopun

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Name: Number X aka "Gunslinger X" or "G-X"
Pirate of the fearsome Backyard Crew
Race: Human
Height: 6'1
Lvl:45

Strength: 21

Speed: 62
Reaction: 67
Movement: 57+10=67

Vitality: 62
Durability: 57+10=67
Stamina 67:

Mind: 31
Science: 62(-23 B- power suit)

Haki: 24
Observation Awareness: 48

Martial Arts: 61
Gunslinging: 61(incendiary bullets =6; 5 magazines of 10 bullets; 1 cryo shot; 1 sonic shot)
Sniping: 61(incendiary bullets = 12; 2 smoke canister;1 net shot, 4 magazines of 10 bullet)
Narration
Speech
Thought

Action

X was laughing internally because he understood that his crewmate was definitely underestimating him and that he would soon realize his mistake. "Nobody his more suited at running and fighting at the same time as me." Thought X at the moment. He wore his strap belt ammo and started walking toward the starting line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kilij was jumping in one spot warming up for the race when X arrived. He barely acknowledged his arrival when he turned back to look at the race course.

The rules of the event were simple get the object at the top of mountain and deliver it back. Outside of that everything goes. This meant that with proper planning Kilij could shift the race towards his advantage.

Looking ahead the course could be split into four distinct regions. First there was the open slightly downhill grasslands. This was the first and probably worst part of the race as far as Kilij was concerned. X is a gunslinger and the open land gives him an advantage. For this stretch Kilij will have to remain on high alert.

The second area that they will need to cover is a small little hamlet covered with farmhouses, barns, and sheds. These buildings are spread out a bit, but they should offer enough cover from the gunfire. At this point neither of us will have an advantage over the other.

The third zone will be my opportunity to come out on top. The third area is a heavily wooded forest. X is at a hard disadvantage there and I should be able to spring an ambush. Best case scenario I could wear him down right there and there, practically ending the race early.

If the race still persists after that then we'll be entering the fourth and the most dangerous zone, the climb. Whoever starts climbing the rock face first will be a sitting target for the other. Plus the difficulty of holding onto the mountain wall while fighting makes the whole thing extremely treacherous.

Finally after getting the object there's the return. Returning is a lot faster and easier, but it will give the competition one last chance at usurping the whole thing. So one can't relaxed just yet.

Finished warming up Kilij took a running stance as another crewman started the countdown.

3, 2, 1
Go!

@God_Usopun

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kilij looked too excited for X. It was clear that he had planned the whole thing and was certain of his victory. He barely acknowledged X presence next to him. It was amusing to the gunslinger. Everyone in the crew knew who was stronger between the two of them and it's true that in a 1v1 fight X would definitely lose to Kilij, but this was different. It was not a contest of strength.

"Your strength will not matter here Kilij. This is about who's slier than the other one. There is only one rule: Get that flag and bring it down. How it happens doesn't matter. The one back with the flag down here is the winner. Let me teach you some humility... Kilij " Giving his crewmate a glare fueled by his competitive spirit, X was done brainstorming the race. His plan was clear and simple: Steal the flag and somehow make it here with it first.

He noticed that there was a line traced on the ground by one of their crew members with a stick. The first one to pass it with the flag in his possession would be the winner.
Then the countdown started.

3, 2, 1
Go!
@Fire Tiger

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Kilij felt the breeze on his fur. It gave him cool refreshing reprieve before things start to get hectic. His dark grey clothes fluttered in the morning wind as he clenched and unclenched his fanged tiger jaw. The beautiful scenery of hypnotic swaying grass did little to ease his tense muscles.

With the tail of his eyes he spotted X standing beside him. His competitive spirit was on full display. What was he thinking? Did he already have a plan? Or would he make something up as they went along? Kilij disliked unpredictable foes the most. For that reason he started to contemplate the idea of some left field tactics. [I might have to mix things up right at the start.]

Kilij who was standing in a racing position slowly shifted his arms. The movements were pretty inconspicuous as the clawed hands near the sword hilts in his sash. His large torso hid any obvious changes from the prying eyes of X. When his fingers were practically resting on the custom made grips of the blades he heard the starting signal.

GO!

"Tora Sonson!" Screamed Kilij as he performed his oldest most reliable attack. With lightning fast movement he drew a sword while simultaneously slashing at X.

He wasn't aiming to injure his adversary right of the bat. No he was aiming at X's guns and ammunitions belt. Severing that would inconvenience X through out and it would allow Kilij to take the lead. Without looking to see if the attack was successful, Kilij took off running towards the mountain.

@God_Usopun

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X eyes did not leave his opponent at any second since he reached the starting line. His spirit was burning. As the countdown started he was already thinking about how to steal the flag from Kilij without having to face him directly.

"The best way would be to ambush him on his way back. Either in the forest or near the Village. First I'll let him go first and when I reach the village ill look for a shovel or something to dig a couple of pitfall traps. No, wait that's going to take too much time and nothing guaranty me that he'll fall in one of them. So traps are out. " was planning X inside his head.

"The forest is not the best place either, but if I can make him fall from that mountain by sniping him down and injure himself it should procure me a huge advantage. I'll try to use the net shot to stop him for a few seconds and empty all of my bullet on him. Let's see how many bullets you can take on. Gungungun... I should probably be at a distance from the mountain where I can shoot him with my Flintlocks. I can then empty it on his body, grab the flag and run for it."

"If this doesn't work I got my backup plan. I'll wait for him here and when he comes back, I'll snipe him down. There is literally nowhere he can hide from me near the starting line. Gungungun.... Hum?"

Absorbed by his plan X didn't notice until the last moment that Kilij position slightly changed. He didn't look like someone ready to run straight ahead.

Go

Kilij unleashed a ferocious attack targeting the gunslinger.
"Tora Sonson!" Screamed Kilij as he performed his oldest most reliable attack. With lightning fast movement he drew a sword while simultaneously slashing at X.
Surprised and unable to respond fast enough, X tilted his body backward by using his weight and barely evaded the strike. By the time his body reached the ground, Kilij was already running at full speed.

@Fire Tiger

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. Kilij kept a steady gait as his feet tore the ground with powerful strides. Running downhill Kilij wanted out of these fields of grass as fast as possible.

The soil was slightly wet with the morning dew. Each time Kilij stepped, it left deep footprints. Seeing this, Kilij got the idea to lunch an attack on the ground itself. If he made a powerful slash downwards, he might make a long ditch that could hinder X.

Kilij shook his head as he thought more on it. [Making a long ditch would be easy, but it won't guarantee to deter X. Although we're roughly as fast as each other, I know that he's just a tad bit faster than me. So making a weak obstacle that he might be able to jump easily might end up slowing me more than him.] Discarding the idea, Kilij kept focus on the road ahead.

Running with all his might, Kilij activated his color of observation from time to time to make sure that no stray bullet would fly in his direction. With his haki he could maintain awareness of an 22 meter round area. Allowing him to sense incoming attacks even if he wasn't staring directly at X. Although sensing and avoiding were two different things.

Over the hills he saw the wooden structures of the tiny village. Excellent. He was on the lead and that was an ideal spot to take a short rest and to engage X. Kilij smiled as a million ideas passed through his head.

@God_Usopun

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X fell on his back looked at his crewmate running at full speed. He rolled over and he was now lying prone to the grass. Something was odd. Kilij despite knowing X abilities kept on running in a straight line.

"Does he really think that his weak observation haki would save him from someone like me?" muttered X definitely angered by how much he was underestimated. Kilij mistakes was not only underestimating his crew member but also forgetting that he was better than him at using observation haki.
Prone to the ground, X aimed his Kentucky long rifle at Kilij. He took a deep breath to maximize his accuracy. His face reflected how concentred he was.
"The number of time you can activate your haki is restrained and the area it cover is small compared to mine. I'll force you to exhaust it without too much effort." As soon as he finished his internal monologue, he fired a bullet aiming for the tiger lower spine.

The shot was just fired that X was all ready for another one. He was waiting to see his opponent next move and shoot according to it.

@Fire Tiger

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
22 meters or 72 feet wasn't a small area, but when compared to the traveling speed of a bullet, it isn't that big. That said when Kilij used his haki, he wasn't over relying on it. To him the observation haki was just an early warning signal to the attack he already knew would come. The haki told him when and from where, but it was his overly alert senses that would have to react.

Kilij believed in training both the mind and the body. It was this philosophy that honed his reaction to the level it was at today. His mind already knew a bullet would be coming and it had set his back as the likely target. It was dangerous to not zigzag or jump around, but it also limited the directions that he would have to focus his guard on.

Considering all of that, when the bullet entered his haki perimeter, he jumped into action. Twisting around he pulled his blade by the hilt to block the coming blow. Within a hair's breadth the cold steel met the hot lead. The bullet flattened as it collided against the folds of metal. Its movements halted, but its momentum couldn't and wouldn't stop so abruptly. Therefore the momentum was transferred from bullet to sword and from sword to Mink. Leaving the net result of Kilij tumbling onto the ground.

After fully rolling backwards, Kilij spit out a mouth of dirt and grass. The maneuver didn't go as smoothly as he envisioned, but it got the job done. Looking at the prone X, Kilij gave him a hand salute and dove into the village. Now hiding in one of the houses Kilij was preparing to surprise his old friend.

@God_Usopun

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X was tempted to fire another bullet as Kilij was trying to avoid being hit with the first one then he realized that his opponent almost made it to the village.
"Hiding in one of the houses inside the village is probably his next move. Let's see..." suddenly thought X

After fully rolling backward, Kilij spit out a mouth of dirt and grass. The maneuver didn't go as smoothly as he envisioned, but it got the job done. Looking at the prone X, Kilij gave him a hand salute and dove into the village.
"Gungungun... so predictable!" screamed the man before starting running frenetically toward the village. The man's speed was not something one could ignore. One would say that he was trying to catch up with his opponent, but the man had a completely different plan.

"For an expert in Observation haki like me, hiding would be a foolish attempt. I'll teach how fearsome this skill can be when facing someone like me." was muttering X while running.

About 50 feet near the village, X stopped his track, closed his eyes and started to catch his breath and regulate it. After a few seconds had passed, he opened them and at the same time activated his CoO.

315 feet or 96 meters

@Fire Tiger

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kilij calmed his breathing with hook swords in hand as he leaned on the wooden walls of this village home. He was in what appeared to be a kitchen. Plates and food were spread in the table as if the family the lived here had to leave in a hurry. The crew should have come earlier to clear the place up in preparation for the race. What method did they use, bribery, suggestion, coercion?

Depending on the crew member the method might be peaceful or violent. But whatever the method was, it effectively deserted the village.

Kilij was waiting on X as he recovered his stamina, but the gunslinger wasn't cooperating. It has been a while since the man entered Kilij's range of perception. Yet he stopped and has yet to move. [Are we both waiting for each other? X has deeper understanding of the Color of Observation than me, so his range is greater than mine. Yet he stopped within the area I can detect? What is he playing at?]

Kilij having rested a bit moved to the table and grabbed a jar of orange juice and drank the whole thing. Wiping his snout clean with his sleeves he moved besides a window. Never letting any of his features be seen on the outside. [At this rate this won't go anywhere. I should move on to the forest. It's a better environment for me. But if I leave like this it'll leave me wide open and I can't have that. I'll have to go on the offensive.]

Kilij stood facing the wall of this family home. It was decorated with framed pictures and childhood drawings. There were even some trophies and medals for local events. Kilij eyes were pointed at them, but his vision was focused on something else. Something much further. Gripping his twin blades Kilij slowly exhaled as he raised them. In an inaudible whisper he said, "Nanajuni Pound Ho".

On sync with the words the muscles of his arms constricted. They seemed to expand to twice their size as he raised the swords at once. His eyes turned dead serious as he swung them parallel to each other in a perfectly synthesized attack.

"Ha!" Screamed the tiger Mink as a blast of severing air exploded through the walls and onto the outside. Splinters and debris fell everywhere as the air slash flew in a great arc at the lone gunman. A sharp wail echoed as attack cut the earth, severed the grass, and split the sky. Nothing seemed to match its might, so how would the human gunner fair?

Kilij didn't need to answer that. Using this as his opportunity, he turned tail and dashed to the woods.

Nanajuni Pound Ho (七十二煩悩(ポンド)鳳 Nanajūni Pondo Hō?, kanji meaning "Phoenix of the 72 Earthly Desires"; furigana meaning "72 Pound Phoenix/Cannon"): Same principle as the 36 Pound Cannon. Holding his two swords horizontally above the shoulder, the user then performs a circular swing that launches two air compressed projectiles spiraling towards the target instead of one, making it twice as powerful.(31 Mastery, 31 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C

@God_Usopun

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X was standing calmly inside his enemy range and had yet to make a move. The reason was simple, He had located Kilij and was about to switch his fighting style. He was patiently waiting to make the rash decision of attacking first to then counterattack.

He didn't have to wait too long that an attack was launched at him
Nanajuni Pound Ho (七十二煩悩(ポンド)鳳 Nanajūni Pondo Hō?, kanji meaning "Phoenix of the 72 Earthly Desires"; furigana meaning "72 Pound Phoenix/Cannon"): Same principle as the 36 Pound Cannon. Holding his two swords horizontally above the shoulder, the user then performs a circular swing that launches two air compressed projectiles spiraling towards the target instead of one, making it twice as powerful.(31 Mastery, 31 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C
The gunman then sidestepped by jumping quickly leftward. He roled and when looked up he could see Kilij trying to escape again. He then fired two bullets using both Flintlock he had on his belt after pulling them at a speed few could follow. He aimed for the mink ankles.

Bullets DPS B
@Fire Tiger

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Swords, staves, axes, and spears. Kilij grew up in the gladiatorial arenas and throughout the years he has experienced combat with all manner of weapons. But in the arena ranged combat usually consisted of bows, javelins, and throwing knives. Maybe occasionally a sling or a tomahawk, but rarely were guns used in the stage.

His real experience with firearms came after escaping that life. In the time since Kilij has faced them, occasionally used them, and has made one or two in his smithy. Yet he could easily rate them as some of the weapons he has the least mastery of. This made the duel with X a greater hassle than normal.

But Kilij liked to be prepared and he wasn't dueling a stranger. He was fighting with a crew mate. Someone who lives, eats, and sleeps in the same ship as him. Someone who has fought side by side or back to back with Kilij. Ergo Kilij had good understanding of X's capabilities.

X as a gunman had a specialized selection of ammunitions that he could employ in combat. He had regular bullets that did as much damage as the Tora Sonson attack Kilij performed earlier. Reliable projectiles that get the job done in most cases.

For stronger targets he regularly uses higher caliber bullets that are at a greater level than the blow Kilij used to destroy the side of that house. It was these bullets that Kilij spotted when he turned his head to see how his attack was fairing.

Knowing the magnitude of damage these bullets could cause, Kilij stopped to deal with it. Grabbing both swords in a reversed grip, Kilij swung them down as if the fanged mouth of a Saber tooth tiger was clamping shut on its prey. As blades impacted heavily with the ground, a massive shockwave several magnitudes greater than last one exploded out and onto the path of the bullets.

Otoro (応登楼 Ōtōrō?, literally meaning "Reply Climbing a Tower"): Two air-based projectile slashes are sent downwards while falling as Zoro swings his swords downwards, with the gravity complimenting the force of the attack.(51 Mastery, 41 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: B

The shockwave and the dual bullets impacted each other. It might be because attacks had low trajectories, but when they met they combined and carved a large pit in the earth. Both bullets and shockwaves dug down until no bottom could be seen in the hole.

Seeing this Kilij sighed. "I think next time I'll just challenge him to an arm wrestling contest." With that he continued towards the woods.

@God_Usopun

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X was surprised that Kilij was able to stop his attack. What was more frightening is that he was still running toward the woods, and that was not the best place to fight for X. He had to come up with something to stop him.

"Hey, Kilij! I noticed that you've been running a lot! Is that all you can do? Screamed X hoping to stop him.

"Looks like tigers are scared of guns! Gungungun..." added the gunslinger laughing loudly

He was not just baiting him at that moment, but also getting ready for the counterattack in case his opponent decided to turn around.
He switched his gun to automatic. X has two chains of ten bullets in his pouch that he links to his guns by the holes he added to them on the sides, and make them able to shoot one bullet after the other, saving him the time to reload them.

Bullet DPR B
@Fire Tiger

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kilij was approaching the shadow of the forest when he heard X yell at him.
"Hey, Kilij! I noticed that you've been running a lot! Is that all you can do? Screamed X hoping to stop him.
Kilij didn't react at all to the cheap provocations. [As if I would fall for such a silly tactic. ] Thought the Mink as he was just about to enter the next zone.

"Looks like tigers are scared of guns! Gungungun..." added the gunslinger laughing loudly
Something in Kilij's mind snapped at the comment as he turned to yell back.

"X you idiot have you forgotten that this is a race not a stare down. If you have time to flap your lips about the Tiger master race than you certainly have time to move your punny little legs and start running!"

Kilij was going to continue with his 88 reasons why Tigers are the superior beings of this planet, when the loud roar of automated fire echoed in the open air.

"That son of a" Kilij couldn't finish the sentence when dashed to the side to avoid the gunfire. Skipping from side to side, Kilij was doing his best to evade the storm of artillery. Although he wanted to enter the woods, he wasn't close enough to go unscathed till then.

With no better options, Kilij chose an unlikely haven, the hole left by the previous confrontation. Kilij jumped, ran, and dashed until he skidded into the hole like a baseball player reaching the base. [Quite a beautiful maneuver] thought Kilij, but in reality it wasn't ideal. First he lost his backpack somewhere above. Second he took a few rounds in his shoulder and abdomen. Not direct hits, but glancing blows still splatter his blood and flesh. Third and most important, he was now stuck in a hole.

He could easily climb out, but outside waited the automated fire. Therefore he would have to wait until X went ahead. There's a small chance that X might also wait him out, but that wouldn't be smart of him. Automatic fire eats through a lot of bullets and he only had so many of that caliber. There might also be a chance that X would attempt to get him here in the hole, but if he closed the distance like that he would just end with a face full of swords.

So while he waited Kilij ripped parts of his clothes to bandage the wounds he got.

@God_Usopun

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As soon as Kilij went in the hole, X stopped his meteor shower as he liked to call his assault. He failed to end things as he wanted and ended up wasting too many of his most valuable bullets. He checked his pouch and noticed that only eight of them were left.

"Tsk, with only this many there is not too much I can do." Thought the man.
"I guess I'll use the regular ones" decided X before switching his guns back to a single shot and loading them with his regular bullets.

Bullets DPR C
Number X felt that he was in a dangerous situation. He had to somehow incapacitate his friend here at all cost or his defeat was inevitable.
Close combat was not his specialty, but he tried to surprise Kilij and end this quickly. It didn't work, so it was time to fight as he would normally.

"I have to put some distance between us before things get more complicated."

He thought that being silent for too long might give him away, so he started to provoke his opponent furthermore.

"Gungungun! I feel like a hunter who caught a tiger in his trap." Screamed without moving from where he was standing.

Although he didn't move from there, something changed. He switched his fighting style again, and he had his Kentucky Long Rifle in his hand. He slowly loaded five bullets in it from an opening at the top of the gun. The bullets were in some sort of socket, and three were sticking out. Unlike his flintlocks, the rifle was not automatic, but he still could fire five bullets successively with only half a second interval between each of them. One should not underestimate this gun, for it's the most dangerous in X arsenal of weapons. The bullets used for this gun are monstrously destructive.

Bullet DPR A
After making sure that the bullets were loaded correctly, X picked up a rock that was next to him

"I've been trying to ask you this. How does it feel to dig up your own grave?"

Right after that, he threw the rock he picked up a few feet away from the hole that was Kilij's future grave, and at the same time, he jumped back twice, then put one knee on the ground to gain a sturdy stance.

@Fire Tiger

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kilij sat down in hole mending his wounds when X's voice sounded.
"Gungungun! I feel like a hunter who caught a tiger in his trap." Screamed without moving from where he was standing.
Kilij grinded his teeth at the words of his annoying crewmate. When they got back to the ship he was going to make sure that X read his Tiger Superiority Dissertation in full.

After stopping the bleeding he heard X prattle on about the current circumstances.
"I've been trying to ask you this. How does it feel to dig up your own grave?"
As the words ended a rock fell into the hole. Yet it never touched the bottom. Kilij caught the rock in his hand and then closed them until only grounded powder remained.

"As a fellow crewmate I've been trying to keep things friendly, but even my patience comes to an end. Get ready, there's no more Mr. Nice Stripes from now on."

A mass of static electricity started circulating around the body of the Tiger Mink. Sparks jumped from his fur to his swords and to ground below. His hair was raising up while his eyes shined with sinister light.

Kilij jumped straight into the air clearing the hole by meters. He wasn't being foolish. He well knew that X had changed ammo and taken a camping spot. He could hear as much from down there and knowing X he knew that he wouldn't change to lower grade bullets. Yet knowing all that he still showed himself. Why was that?

The easy answer was that he was confident enough to deal with it.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Five bullets flew like a runaway train from hell. These meaty monstrosities were top caliber specialized slugs meant to deal with the best of the best. These could pierce through armor and sink warships. But like all things they had their weaknesses.

The shots were fired within split seconds of each other. That was X's style. He prided himself in the speed of his draw and in the rate of his fire. This guaranteed excessive damage upon impact. Yet this style had a drawback. When firing in a continuous fashion, the target range shrinks. By being an exceeding marksman X ensured a devastating blast in one concentrated spot. Kilij wanted to turn this strength into a weakness.

Up in the air Kilij grabbed his two hook swords and brought them together as if he were holding a single two handed sword. A difficult move with any other blade, but hookswords were flat amongst the x axis with no guard or tsuba to get in the way. With two blades working as one he sliced down like lightning falling from the heavens.

Daishinkan (大辰撼 Daishinkan?, literally meaning "Great Dragon Shock"): Daishinkan consists of the user running towards his opponent with their sword held outstretched in one arm. He then executes a two handed overhead swing used to split his opponent into two from the top down.(61 Mastery, 61 Strength and 61 Movement Speed) Destructive Potency Rank: A

The sword impacted the first bullet. Its sharpness sliced into the body of the aerodynamic projectile. Three quarters of the way through the second bullet met the first one. Having yet to be completely bifurcated the second bullet smashed into the tail end of the first. Pushed in the front by the sword, pushed in the back by momentum, the bullet deformed and flattened. Following this motion the third bullet impacted the second. Like piling weight upon weight on an object, the force of the trio added on top of itself. Kilij's arm muscles screamed in agony as they were being pushed to the edge in order to control the situation. That was when the fourth bullet hit the mark. The struggle was losing balance. The first bullet had now been split in two. Flying to the left and right of Kilij. Yet the second, third, and fourth one were beginning to push away. Suddenly the final bullet joined the fray. With overwhelming force it blasted into the rest in order to end the skirmish. The sword attack, a dragon of steel and lightning, found itself on the losing end.

Sparks of electro danced in the metallic body of the sword. Like a mounted cavalry it charged around the vanguard force. The sword was falling behind the locomotive bullet train, yet it wasn't fighting alone. The electrostatic force that Mink generated jumped from the steel to the led. Like a thousand little termites they bit into the momentum of the slugs. Little by little sparks fought for their comrades. They were giving their all in a sacrificial kamikaze attack. Maybe just maybe this added aid would let the mighty dragon show its true unyielding dominance. The dragon would not back down!

Electro Coating (requires 41 mastery): channeling energy through their fur, the mink covers their weapon in a layer of electricity that will shock on contact.

But it still lost. The bullets pushed back and Kilij went flying back in an endless carousel of backflips until hitting a tree with back breaking force. Spitting out blood, Kilij slumped against the ground. The whole thing might looked like a pointless ordeal, but Kilij managed to take a deadly encounter and reduce it to a painful setback.

Kilij got up with a limp and entered the forest.

@God_Usopun

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The shockwave created by the impact of Kilij swords and X bullet was strong enough to blow dirt and rock away. X covered his face leaving only his eyes unprotected to watch as Kilij was stopping his strongest attack.
The bullets pushed back and Kilij went flying back in an endless carousel of backflips until hitting a tree with back-breaking force. Spitting out blood, Kilij slumped against the ground. The whole thing might look like a pointless ordeal, but Kilij managed to take a deadly encounter and reduce it to a painful setback.
"I knew you were strong my friend, but this is beyond what I imagined." mumbled X

Mesmerized by what just happened, X couldn't take any action as he saw the limping body of his opponent entering the forest.

"Now this put me in quite a dilemma. Do I chase after him and take the risk of being ambushed or do I wait here for a second round?"
After a few moments of reflexion, X decided to chase his friend in the forest, but at a speed that would allow him to react as fast as possible to any ambush, meaning walking slowly while checking his surroundings.
As he was getting close to the woods, he started to reflect on the race.
"Did I take it too far?"

He stopped for a moment and screamed to his crewmember, "You're not going to die on me right Kilij? You''re stronger than that."
"He couldn't have gone that far with that body. Let's put him out of misery."
murmured the gunman while switching his gun back to a single shot.
"With my haki I can just locate him and snipe him before he even gets the chance to ambush me."
X was ready to enter the forest.

@Fire Tiger

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kilij walked deeper into the woods. The forest canopy block all signs of light leaving the dense vegetation to bathed in mysterious shadows. The further the Mink traveled the thicker and denser the brush became. It was when he came onto a grove tightly encircled by wide massive trees that he finally came to a stop.

Sitting down he ripped what was left of his shirt and used it to bandage his torso. Based on the pain he felt as moved, it was likely that he had bruised ribs or worse. "Damm that X. He always takes things a step too far. Climbing that mountain is going to be exponentially harder now."

Finished mending his chest, the tiger man that was Kilij, sat down cross legged in the lotus position and closed his eyes to consider his next course of action. At it's most basic of forms, a battle could rounded down to two decisions advance or retreat. Fight or flight. A tactical retreat did sound like a wise move when the Mink was in such bad shape. But those two options are just the plainest choices.

Any real encounter had dozens more possibilities than just fight or flight, but in the end those variant could be considered a part of the two. Advance or retreat. Kilij thought of the effects of each choice and finally made a decision. He would fight.

Yet he won't go about it head on. No his condition impeded that tactic. He would go for a defensive fight. He had the field advantage in here, so it would be best to use it. He selected the densest spot in the forest and got ready to welcome his friend.

Standing on a branch the tiger Mink pulled out his blades. He didn't hide himself. X wouldn't fall for that. But up here full 3D maneuverability. He could move further up in the trees, he could jump down, he could move forwards, backwards, side to side, and even diagonally. Minks were very adept at moving through dense foliage. But the biggest advantage he possessed was the lack of open space.

X's stronger bullets might be able to go through a tree or two, but each time they hit an obstacle their efficiency would fall. This place was full of obstacles. There wasn't a single straight line of sight around. So with this in mind Kilij readied one of his best attacks for the gunslinger's appearance.

The moment he neared an Otoro sword slash would rain down on him.

Otoro (応登楼 Ōtōrō?, literally meaning "Reply Climbing a Tower"): Two air-based projectile slashes are sent downwards while falling as Zoro swings his swords downwards, with the gravity complimenting the force of the attack.(51 Mastery, 41 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: B

@God_Usopun

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
His gun was back on shot by shot and fully loaded. X was very cautious because he knew more than anyone that in a close rage fight he'll never win> He had to make the calculation for a way to fight at a safe distance. At that moment he activated his haki and located his friend on a tree approximately 60 feet away from him.

"What is he trying to do now? Does he really think the trees only give him an advantage? I guess it's time to correct that."

Aiming in that direction X analyzed his surroundings and came to the conclusion that he was going to use it against Kilij. They were in a forest and X had incendiary bullets with him. He switched the bullets again, aimed at all the trees surrounding Kilij, fired six bullets, and destroyed them while also starting a fire encircling the tiger.

Incendiary Bullets
Requires: 31 Sniping Mastery
Ammunition: Takes 1 ammunition slot. Max 1 bullet per 5 mastery total.
Causes the place hit to catch on fire, burning for a few seconds.
Destructive Potency: B
@Fire Tiger

Top Bottom