Gameplay Role Creator

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Welcome to Role Creator thread!

In this thread you can submit roles you created or have an idea for and then have discussions about it. This way you can improve your role creation abilities , hosting abilities, better game knowledge and understanding.

When you do create a role and submit it here be sure to Trademark it for easier navigation!

When submitting a role please make it organized! No one likes to read a role that ain't is just bunch of texts. I will give you a suggestion how to do it.

Widowmaker
Faction -
Mafia
Write Up Name - Dancer
Lives - 3
Avoids - 1 per night

Passive

Assassin

Every time you attack a player and his health drops to 1 HP you will automatically kill them instead.

Night Abilities

Widow's kiss
Pick your target and aim your sniper rifle at them. The more you keep the aim on them the better the attack will be. While aiming at someone you can't use this ability on someone else. You can choose to fire at any day or any night after using this ability

1 Night aim - take 1 life away
1 Night and 1 Day aim - take 1 life - ignore avoids
2 Nights and 1 Day aim - Take 2 lives
2 nights and 2 Days aim - Take 2 lives - ignore avoids

I've got you in my sights
1 Night cooldown

Pick your target and notify them that they are in your sights. They will get a message "Someone has a lock on you". Order them to target someone else of your choosing. If they ignore you damage them for 1 life that ignores avoids.

I see you!
2 Night Cooldown

When used you will activate your tactical vision. You can scan 3 people of your choosing for how much life they have left.

Day Ability

Relocate
2 Day Cooldown

Use your web swing to relocate to a better position. Gain 1 extra avoid this night and this day you will need 1 more vote to be lynched.

If you are using Widow's kiss while using this ability you will channel your ability faster by 1 day.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I will drop Maka in here once MM is over ^.^
Also good thread idea!

Hello, Rej

You are Maka Albarn, a Weapon Meister and a member of Town. You win when all threats to your faction are eliminated.

"People need fear to survive. We experience it so we can grow stronger!"

As a young weapon meister, walking in the footsteps of your mother, you decided to become the greatest weapon meister alive, even surpassing your father. Your pure soul holds a special wavelength that fights malicious and powerful magic!

Night Ability: Hand-to-Hand Combat
  • Maka disturbs a target at night taking away one avoid, but giving it back after the night ends.
    While in Black Blood state, Mad Maka also takes away 1 life from their target. (Can't be used when resonated previous Day Phase.)

Night Ability: Scythe Meister
  • Only when resonated with Soul Evans or Spirit Albarn during the Day Phase. Attack a target at night taking one life from them. While in Black Blood state, Mad Maka can attack up to 2 targets at once.

Night Ability: Soul Perception (1 Use)
  • Use the Meister ability of Witch Hunt by choosing 3 names. You will get a notification about how many of those names are enemies. Can only be used if you've successfuly damaged 2 players before.

Night Ability: Black Blood Armor (1 Use)
  • Only usable during the Black Blood state. Take one life from up to two targets each at once. You are also immune to any ability that would hinder or redirect you while performing the attacks.

Night Ability: Kishin Hunt (1 Use)
  • You disappear from the game during the next Day Phase and the following Night Phase, but you will be able to perform two attacks each taking one life and bypassing all protections. Perform one attack during the Day Phase and one during the Night Phase. You will appear at the end of the Night Phase during its Write-Up.

Night Ability: Soul Piano (1 Use)
  • Can only be activated while in Black Blood state and when resonated with Soul Evans during the previous Day Phase. Choose a target, that target will obtain the Black Blood Armor ability of you without any conditions, but as a one-shot. If you and your target decide to vote the same person during the upcomming Day Phase, then your votes will be doubled from 2 to 4.

Day Ability: Soul Resonance (1-Day Cooldown)
  • Chose a weapon to resonate with:
  • Soul Eater: Resonating with your partner, Soul Evans, will grant you an additional vote to challenge the evil during this Day Phase. Every vote-draining abilities used on you will fail this Day Phase.
  • Tsubaki-chan: Resonating with your friend, Tsubaki Nakatsukasa, will grant you her Chain Mode form. This will hook onto your target, tracking them to see who they are visiting the upcoming Night Phase. You will be notified if they use a harmful ability. This ability will be unlocked once you've taken part in a successful lynch on an anti-Town.
  • Spirit: Resonating with your dad, Spirit Albarn, will grant you powerful witch-hunting abilities. This will give you 3 flavor names at random, 1 or 2 of them belong to anti-Town. If you use a Night Ability on a player possessing one of the names you got the upcoming Night Phase will allow you to bypass avoids.

Day Ability: Gigori (3-Day Cooldown)
  • Manifest soul wings, you will become untargettable for the remaining phase and the upcoming Night Phase. Additionally, enhance your offensive Night Ability to be unblockable and bypass protection. If Gigori is the only ability you activate this Day Phase, then you will also block one incoming attack that would take a life from you otherwise.

Day Ability: Wavelength Control (3-Day Cooldown)
  • Your extraordinary Wavelength Control abilities allow you to manipulate the enemy's wavelengths. Choose a target and their vote will be nullified for this Day Phase.

Day Ability: Black Blood (3-Day Cooldown)
  • Enhanced, you enter Black Blood state and become "Mad Maka" and votes against you will count +1 in total for the next 5 cycles. During the next 5 cycles (including the phase you activate this) you will unlock conditions in your other abilities only accessible due to Black Blood.

Passive Ability: Anti-Demon Wavelength
  • For each harmful spell used against you, you will become stronger, utilizing your Anti-Demon wavelength to unlock new abilities. When a harmful spell (enemy investigations count too) is used against you, you will obtain a counter. Blocks will give you two counters.
  • At 1 Counter: Resonance does not have a cooldown and you unlock Wavelength Control.
  • At 2 Counters: You can use two abilies per phase.
  • At 3 Counters: You unlock Black Blood.
  • At 4+ Counters: A random ability's cooldown will be lowered by 1 phase.

You have 4 lives and 2 avoids.

If you have any questions or simply wish to discuss the game, you may only talk to the host(s) outside the game thread in this Personal Conversation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I have some roles but I used them only in ToS format with my friends xd

Like Admiral
Night Phase - No powers as such (maybe 1 vest?)
Day Phase - It is a Day Vigi + Mayor (Only 1 Day)
There is also a given townie, if another faction kills that townie in the first 2-3 days, the Admiral will get to know all the players of that faction.

If an Admiral shoot or even vote for a townie he will die lol.

Reactions: Rej

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You guys are lucky i didn't enter with this role

Thorfinn
Faction -
Independent
Write Up Name - Vengeance
Lives - 3
Avoids - 1 per night

Passive
Son of Thors

During day you will receive a message from mafia team via Host. They will give you a target to kill. If you manage to kill your target in 2 cycles you can challenge one mafia member to a duel to avenge your father. If you manage to kill more than 2 mafia members you will win.

On your death you will remain dead for 1 day and 1 night before returning as reformed Thorfinn.

Night Abilities

Disarm
Attack your target and disarm them. They can't use any attacking abilities this and next night. You can use one more ability alongside this one if you use it on same target

Vital Spot
Attack your target and aim for a vital spot of your wish

1. Wrists - 1 night cooldown
Deal 1 damage to your target and make them bleed. They lose 1 life each night until healed

2. Neck - 2 night cooldown
Deal 2 damage to your target

3. Heels - 1 night cooldown
Deal 1 damage and roleblock your target

Bodyguard
Assign yourself as a bodyguard to your target. When they are attacked you will block the damage and deal 1 damage to the attacker.

Assassinate - 1 usage per player
Can only be used on the target mafia gives you. Deal 2 damage that can't be blocked or avoided.

Day Abilities

Nimble Assassin
- 2 day cooldown
Prepare yourself for next night. Gain extra avoid and your first ability used can't be blocked or avoided or protected from

Adult Thorfinn
Faction - Independent
Win Condition - Guide half of your flock until the end of the game or sail to Vinland
Write Up Name - Redemption
Lives - 777777777777777

Passive
You don't have enemies

Every night every negative action used on you is negated nor you can be lynched. If you deal more than total of 3 damage at any time you will insta die and lose the game.

When you return to the game you will get 6 players as your companions. Total number of your companions cannot drop less than 3! If it does you lose.

Night Abilities

Disarm

Disarm your target. They can't use any attacking abilities this and next night.

Bodyguard - 1 night cooldown
Protect your target from any attacks.
If you protected your target from the killing blow deal 1 damage to the attacker.
If you protected your target from non lethal damage you will use Disarm on your target

Sponsor
Reach out to a player to ask them to be your sponsor for a part of the journey. If they accept you can use Voyage ability.
If they accept to be your sponsor they will be rolecrushed 1 night but will receive 1 avoid and and health regenerated day after that

Likewise they can accept to be a member of your flock if you don't have 6 members in it.

Day Ability

Voyage

Take all members of your flock on a voyage. Every voyage they partake they will regenerate 1 life back and have one of their abilities buffed.
When you complete third voyage you and your flock will win and leave the game.

Last edited:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
New ability/mechanic for a role:

Role: Third Party Kill All or Mafia

Passive: All voting powers of players are halved except for your own votes aslong you are alive.
Active: Depending on setups, can have other abilities related to voting.

In the end you gain much more impact on votes with this passive, while not fucking up with the value in vote exchanges.
Very fatal in setups where you can get +1 voting power by mafia or town as you would be able to outvote 4 player which is regulary not possible except you have a voting power of four. So the halving mechanism can be quite funny and give this role quite a new natural power boost.

No credits, no copyright. Just an idea.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Passive: All voting powers of players are halved except for your own votes aslong you are alive.
Active: Depending on setups, can have other abilities related to voting
Too strong. You basically make lynch be useless for town.

Also whene vote count drops people will realize whats going on.

Better make it so that every 3rd vote is negated

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Too strong. You basically make lynch be useless for town.

Also whene vote count drops people will realize whats going on.

Better make it so that every 3rd vote is negated
As mafia strong and tuneable, I agree. As third party totally fair because the ratio between town and mafia votes will still be the same.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As mafia strong and tuneable, I agree. As third party totally fair because the ratio between town and mafia votes will still be the same.
Lets say you have a 20 player game.

In majority lynch you block every lynch bcs it takes 11 votes to lynch someone and even if all 20 players voted thats only 10 votes. So majority lynch is out

In minority lynch it doesnt matter how many votes you halve bcs someone will get lynched.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lets say you have a 20 player game.

In majority lynch you block every lynch bcs it takes 11 votes to lynch someone and even if all 20 players voted thats only 10 votes. So majority lynch is out

In minority lynch it doesnt matter how many votes you halve bcs someone will get lynched.
You are right. This role is not suited for majority lynch. Else you would have to tweak the majority lynch itself or specify in the role itself.

If anyone ever wanna create such a role and do maths about it I will gladly help.
[automerge]1571347682[/automerge]
add my maka role in my first post of this thread, feel free to discuss or use it or inspire by it

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is one of the roles I made for a MHA Factions game I was planning but I scrapped it due to all the My Hero Academia games lately.

You are Midoriya Izuku, the Destructive, and a member of Team Midoriya. You win when all threats against your team are eliminated.

You have 2 fists/ 10 fingers uninjured.

Passive: Injury - Some of your abilities can injure yourself. When somebody heals you, the heal will prioritize your injuries over lost lives. Due to your sheer stupidness, you may still use a body part even if it is injured. However if you do, there may be consequences on to your role. (Hidden: All types of heals onto Deku will heal 3 fingers only. When an injured body part is used at 100%, Heals on you will now fail, thus preventing your injured body part from being healed or yourself being healed.)

Conditional Passive: Adrenaline - You gain some power-ups in your role when Adrenaline is active. Adrenaline is activated when you are holding on to your last life. Adrenaline will not be active when you have more than 1 life.

Night Abilities:

Delaware Smash - Flick your finger on to a target with a 50/50 chance to deal 1 damage or deal the same damage while ignoring avoids. Requires 1 finger. This ability injures you. Adrenaline activated makes this a 100% chance to deal 1 damage ignoring avoids.

Shoot Style - Use 8% of your Quirk to kick a target. This attack has a 50/50 chance to deal 1 damage or not. This ability does not injure you and doesn’t require a finger nor a fist. Adrenaline activated makes this a 100% chance to deal 1 damage.

[Super Move] 1,000,000% Delaware Detroit Smash (1-night cooldown) - Use your strongest smash move. Choose a target and deal insane damage against them, dealing 2 damage that ignores avoids. Requires a full fist/5 fingers. This ability injures you. Adrenaline gives you a 50% chance to not injure yourself while using this ability

You have 3 lives.

• Wow

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Conditional Passive: Adrenaline - You gain some power-ups in your role when Adrenaline is active. Adrenaline is activated when you are holding on to your last life. Adrenaline will not be active when you have more than 1 life.
I like this mechanic. It is like juggernaut from ToS. Like you get stronger as the time goes. Maybe Hulk role one day could be in a similar fashion

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I remember a game where Juliet was accused of scum because she was inactive and she said she was sleeping. I found it so funny I made a role after her when that happened lol. Was thinking of playing this for Beky's MM but I thought it'd cause some confusion with my character being an Actual player's like during Chris' MM when there was a flavor name Flower and Flower was also playing the game.

You are Juliet, the Animal, and a member of Town. You win when all threats against your faction are eliminated.

Passives:
Town Leader - You’re a very commendable town player. Your vote counts as 2.

#2 Mafia MVP - You’ve earned this great title from the legendary Monster Mafia game. Mafia players look up to you and refuse to use actions on you except attacks.

Night Abilities:
Sleep (3-shots) - Actually sleep during the Night Phase and get some good night’s rest unlike most players who stay up all night doing their actions. This will leave you vulnerable and temporarily lose your avoids for this night but you have a random chance of just sleeping which will give yourself 1 extra life, have a nice dream which will negate your passive of losing avoids while using this ability while still gaining 1 extra life, or have nightmares which will scare you and wake you up, learning who visited you for the night and what they were doing.

Fan service (1-night cooldown) - You are an adorable little cotton candy-loving reindeer. Target a player and they will be infatuated with your cuteness. You may use this action to either roleblock a player or power-up a player by granting them double action on one random ability.

Day Ability:
Fluff Check - As the official Fluff Police, you may check a fluff post of a player and learn what faction they belong to with your super on-point reads.

You have 1 life and 2 avoids.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Role : Daroga (inspector in english)

Alignment : Independent

Abilities:

Day Ability :
Chai-Pani
(Tea-Water literally but means demanding bribe) :
You will file false chargesheet against your target , and threaten them to roleblock next NP.
- Target won't able to post during DP.
- Demand "Chai Pani"
You will gain +1 Avoid/Life from your target tonight.
If they refuse , you will put them in lockup and RB them.

Night Ability :
Third Degree :

Arrest Your target and give him third degree (torture) take 1 life from them

On Duty :
Go on duty and collect information on your target , find out their all history . (WU name/flavour)

Win Con : Win by taking bribe from majority of the players...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Abilities:

Day Ability :
Chai-Pani
You will file false chargesheet against your target , and threaten them to roleblock next NP.
- Demand "Chai Pani"

Night Ability :
Third Degree :

On Duty :
Go on duty and collect information on your target , find out their all history . (WU name/flavour)

It's a good start, though I think gaining a life/avoid for every time you bribe someone while having a wincon of bribing everyone in the game would be OP. It could lead you to having 10+ lives which is overkill even for an Independent lol. And the night abilities seem lacking to me, like they're just average invest/attack abilities. To me a good role would be having some elements of normal abilities like attacks or invests but putting your own twist on them like say, when you're torturing someone, you could talk to them privately during the night and depending on what your target says when you hold them captive, you can damage them, learn who they are/ who they targeted, or let them go on parole, where if they talk about you capturing them, they could lose lives or have information revealed

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's a good start, though I think gaining a life/avoid for every time you bribe someone while having a wincon of bribing everyone in the game would be OP. It could lead you to having 10+ lives which is overkill even for an Independent lol. And the night abilities seem lacking to me, like they're just average invest/attack abilities. To me a good role would be having some elements of normal abilities like attacks or invests but putting your own twist on them like say, when you're torturing someone, you could talk to them privately during the night and depending on what your target says when you hold them captive, you can damage them, learn who they are/ who they targeted, or let them go on parole, where if they talk about you capturing them, they could lose lives or have information revealed
No , he will gain +1 life per head for one night only..
For ex :
He have 3 life's
If he get bribe , tonight he will gain 4 life.
Next DP he will back to his original 3 life
[automerge]1574445033[/automerge]
To me a good role would be having some elements of normal abilities like attacks or invests but putting your own twist on them like say, when you're torturing someone, you could talk to them privately during the night and depending on what your target says when you hold them captive, you can damage them, learn who they are/ who they targeted, or let them go on parole, where if they talk about you capturing them, they could lose lives or have information revealed
I guess...it will work by merging both night abilities
[automerge]1574445432[/automerge]

Abilities:

Day Ability :
Chai-Pani
- Demand "Chai Pani"

Night Ability :
Third Degree :

On Duty :

Abilities:

Day Ability :
Chai-Pani
- Demand "Chai Pani"

Night Ability :

Under Arrest : (1 Night Cooldown)

Capture your target tonight , take him under arrest . They will be RB'd . Any action on them will fail tonight. Investigate WU/Alignment .
if they lied or refuse , Use
Third Degree :
Tie them and give them third degree (torture) take 1 life from them.
W
WinCon :
Win by taking bribe from majority of the players..

this is basically corrupt version of jailor

Last edited:

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If you guys were a mafia role. What abilities would you have.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If you guys were a mafia role. What abilities would you have.
Flower.
WU Name: Always Town.
Alignment: Cult Leader.

Active Ability:

Necromancer: Kills a Townie and raises them again as a member of the Cult. Can recruit up to 4 players into the Cult.

Leader's orders: Can choose a target and get full control over their role for the NP. However the role will not be revealed.

Day Ability:

Cheerful Smile: Can target a member of the Cult and heal back two lives as well as remove a cooldown of an ability if any.

Passive:

Always Town: Player is shown as Town to invests and the WU will never show the Culting ability usage.

Player has 5 lives and 1 regenerable avoid.

Wincon: Win when Cult has reached majority in the game.

Top Bottom