[FIN] Traditional Mafia Round 19: Baruk Khazad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZFR

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ty for game @ZFR ^^
@Ekkologix by the way, if you think Night Chat only Mafia is bad, then you should have seen my No Chat game.

Basically Mafia knew each other, but they couldn't communicate (outside the main game thread) at all. They had two roles (Night-Kill and Role Cop) that would rotate among the three of them, so each Night a different Mafioso would have a different PR.

They still flawlessly won that game; managed to pick and kill 2 Town PRs first two Nights.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ekkologix by the way, if you think Night Chat only Mafia is bad, then you should have seen my No Chat game.

Basically Mafia knew each other, but they couldn't communicate (outside the main game thread) at all. They had two roles (Night-Kill and Role Cop) that would rotate among the three of them, so each Night a different Mafioso would have a different PR.

They still flawlessly won that game; managed to pick and kill 2 Town PRs first two Nights.
Honestly, I love more the night-only chat because it gives us more challenges as scum. Got no problem with a no-chat game, too. Maybe we can try that.

If noone wants to host then I might prepare something for the weekend. :catakainu:
Let's do it! I feel that I am actually forgetting how to play this game.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Sounds quite interesting!
Let's do it! I feel that I am actually forgetting how to play this game.
:weirdpeep: a true Gambo is never rusting

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sounds quite interesting!

:weirdpeep: a true Gambo is never rusting
I am. LOL. My mind is preoccupied with Role Playing. And if you guys are all interested in joining our fun adventure, below is direct link in this forum where you can join. We are raping Kaido in the weeks to come.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

this is torture lol i like talking to my pals lmao

• Haha
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What about a game where the scum team has no chat and doesn't know who the other ones are?

ZFR

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What about a game where the scum team has no chat and doesn't know who the other ones are?
It wouldn't work. Not without major change mechanics.
The only main thing that differentiates Mafia from Town is their knowledge of teammates. It's what allows them to stand a chance, despite only having 15-25% of the numbers. Without this knowledge, they're essentially... Town.

Note that 3vs10 Mafia who don't know each other can't figure out whom to lynch. Nor whom to NK. In fact reading wagons becomes meaningless. You can't say "X wouldn't vote for Y" if they're teammates because... X and Y wouldn't know they're teammates if they were. Heck, Mafia can't even win automatically if their numbers become equal to Town because they can't control the lynch, since they don't know whom to lynch. So even when it comes down to 3Mafia vs 1Town it still need to be played out till all Town is dead. "Mafia" is essentially Town B. I guess you could try have a game with both factions starting with same amount of players: Town A vs Town B, where you don't know your teammates and have to eliminate the opposing team. With PRs, including Vig. But it would still be a lot of luck based, since as I mentioned you can't make meaningful wagon analysis.

What could work, and could make for an interesting role (in fact I think such a role might exist) is if one Mafioso is outside this "perfect knowledge". e.g. in a 17 player game, the Mafia team is made up of 3+1. The three players know each other and can communicate, and the fourth is an outsider. You can then make it either
a) The 3 know who the outsider is. The outsider doesn't know who his teammates are and has to be on the lookout for hints from his teammates.
OR
b) The 3 do not know who the outsider is, while the outsider does know who the three teammates are. In this case it's the three teammates have to be on the lookout for signals from the outsider so they don't accidentally NK him

I think variant (b) is more interesting, but (a) is good too.

Either case, a one-directional knowledge is needed. A case where neither the 3 know who the outsider is, nor vice-versa, gives very little strategy for the outsider. He practically has to rely on luck. Ditto for the 3 on choosing whom to lynch/NK. And again there is no meaningful wagon analysis on the outsider (i.e. if the outsider is killed and flips), since neither he knew the teammates, nor they knew him.
[automerge]1627430236[/automerge]
PS.
I'm surprised no one picked up on @Ekkologix's fake cop claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom