Island Saboady Archipelago

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I scowled as I walked down the riverbank leading to groove 13, and Miyagi jumped out a couple of steps in front of me as if dancing to some rhythm and then turned around to face me, walking backward as she spoke.

"Where are we going?" I could hear a laugh coming from Miyagi's throat as she asked this question. A sharp squeaking sound could be heard with every step I took. Strong winds blew for a while. I resisted the wind and waited for it to die down.

"I have no idea? Kane said we can find coating craftsman in groove 13." My small voice was caught up in the wind, so Miyagi probably didn't manage to hear it. There was no reply. The Miyagi who was smiling in front of me was usual Miyagi. She was wearing a collared shirt and a skirt with a gentle color.

While I was looking at her, Miyagi's finally replies, "Wearing all black truly suits you, Nero."

She laughed. She was always in the mood for laughing. But it was true, except for the steel gray shirt I wore under my jacket, I was indeed clad all in black. "You seem to be in a good mood, Miyagi."

She covered her mouth with her hand as her shoulders started to shake. "Not really," She responded.

"Then what do you think of when you hear 'adventure'?"

"That's random. However, for me, it's definitely stuff like the sea, fireworks, festivals, and not to mention, the suspense!"

"You're even going to find gold?"

"Gold? Why?"

"When I say 'adventure,' I mean going on a journey, you know that, right?" She sighed melodramatically, shaking her head with the palms of both her hands facing up. It was probably a gesture to show her dismay, or perhaps even an action to signal annoyance.

"It's not just a journey. Come on, being free, adventure, you get it right?"

"So like waking up early to search for beetles."

"I got it Nero is a dummy."

"It's dumber to let love rule your head whenever your favorite subject arrives."

"So you do understand! Gah!"

Being stared down as sweat dripped down my face, I inadvertently looked away. I started to speak. "You always left out some part whenever we talk. I just wanted to give you a taste of your own medicine."

"You're terrible!"

"Yeah." We were in the greenery area, quite a distance away from our ship. Same as before, the two of us walked together. We made our way up the stairs that almost seemed like a road to heaven. Nevertheless, after passing by what seemed to be a lot of stairs, we arrived at a pub,

"'Shakky's rip off bar!'" While laughing, she continued, "It really sounds like they intend to rip you off at this place..."

At that very moment, I grabbed the doorknob and opened the pub's door. I cast my severe gaze left and right, then I spoke. "Sorry to intrude."
Shakky's daydreaming vanished like a fart in the whirlwind when a good looking teen with a spiky dark hair emerged behind her door. "Ooooh!!! Pretty boy, come in! What would like to drink?", she offered her service to the guest.

Sam then played the waiter and gestured the visitor to take a seat at the open bar. "You guys are lucky, Shakky offers the finest drinks here. Nobody can top that. Right?"

At the back of his head, he was certain that he was looking at someone he just saw earlier in the newspaper. As a resident of Sabaody, it was natural to meet one pirate crew from time to time so there's no reason for him to be scared at all. He was used to it. And pirates need them. Their service is something even the world's greatest wouldn't mind protecting for.

"Shakky while you're at it, how about a glass of vodka. Coating ships really tire me.. I need some hydrogen!", he hailed.

"Hahaha! That's your job. Don't you want to be the greatest ship coater like honey dear? I remember when we first met you, you were just as young as this boy. Clueless. Rampant. Adamant to blossom. There's more to world than making a name for the sake of glory. Adventure! That's the grand scheme of things that youth has to foster."

Shakky, just like Sam knew who was in front of them. Those words were to inspire people to reflect and figure themselves out.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shakky's daydreaming vanished like a fart in the whirlwind when a good looking teen with a spiky dark hair emerged behind her door. "Ooooh!!! Pretty boy, come in! What would like to drink?", she offered her service to the guest.

Sam then played the waiter and gestured the visitor to take a seat at the open bar. "You guys are lucky, Shakky offers the finest drinks here. Nobody can top that. Right?"

At the back of his head, he was certain that he was looking at someone he just saw earlier in the newspaper. As a resident of Sabaody, it was natural to meet one pirate crew from time to time so there's no reason for him to be scared at all. He was used to it. And pirates need them. Their service is something even the world's greatest wouldn't mind protecting for.

"Shakky while you're at it, how about a glass of vodka. Coating ships really tire me.. I need some hydrogen!", he hailed.

"Hahaha! That's your job. Don't you want to be the greatest ship coater like honey dear? I remember when we first met you, you were just as young as this boy. Clueless. Rampant. Adamant to blossom. There's more to world than making a name for the sake of glory. Adventure! That's the grand scheme of things that youth has to foster."

Shakky, just like Sam knew who was in front of them. Those words were to inspire people to reflect and figure themselves out.
With a smile, a woman greeted us who seems to be the manager of this place. With short black hair with two tufts pointing upwards, was a slim figure with skillful-looking hands. Miyagi promptly greeted her back without hesitation. I looked on with troubled eyes at Miyagi, who took it rather calmly. With that, we got ourselves seated. I had no preference on what to order. In fact, having come here was enough for me. Even then If I had to feel ease, then I would prefer to kill time while sipping away a hot cup of coffee. On such an occasion, only coffee with its bitter taste would suffice. "... I'd like coffee, please."

Miyagi had a look at the menu and said, "I'll have a Vienna Cocoa, please." She decided on something sweet.

At that moment I smelled some sort of alcoholic disinfectant odour coming from the manager of this place. It seems this lady here has an affinity for deodorants. At that moment I wonder what she intended by her statements. What's she trying to insinuate? Adventure... Hmm, I raised my eyebrows. I think I get what she's trying to say, but isn't that just out of the blue? Even I liked hearing fun stuff, which includes silly jokes and popular music.

However, with all due respect to all comedic acts, festivals, entertainment, and the sea out there, would it be okay for me to become captivated with these things regardless of effort... This word 'adventure' would it have been worthwhile despite being disturbing to my lifestyle?

Sigh Come on, you're better than this, Nero.

"Can we find someone here who does the coating?" As expected from Miyagi, right to the point. Though she did show a proper choice of words, yet she had a look of annoyance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Strength: 1+14=15

Speed: 71+21+5=99
×2=198
-Movement: 101
-Reaction: 97+5=102

Vitality: 55+21+5=81
×2=160
-Stamina: 61
-Durability: 101

Haki: 83
×2=166
-CoA: 100
-CoO (Awareness): 66

Mind: 50
×2=100
-Navigation: 100

Martial Arts: 93+7=100
×2=200
-Gunslinging: 100
-Sniping: 100
Narration
“Mia Talking”/‘Mia Thinking’
NPC: “Talking”/‘Thinking’
Emphasis/Flashback
PART TWO - A BAD TASTE
So eventually Mia and her small group of ladies that currently make up the core crew of the Legion of Crowns would arrive at Saboady Archipelago to get there ship coated. Harleen and Tatsu would go into the island to look around while Mia would never stray far from the ship, spending most of her time at a small diner nearby. The first day was uneventful and the second was much the same except for the arrival of Mia's 'allies', a small group of ex-Revolutionary officers who had grown tired of hiding in the shadows.

The third day is when things got interesting. While doing her routinely check-in on the progress of the Blank Page's coating, Mia would take note of the Devil Pirate's flag closing in on the distance. It left Mia a little conflicted, on one hand she wanted to see her friend Miyagi and although she would never tell him to his face, she was actually beginning to miss Kane a little. But on the other, she knew that she might lose her cool with Nero after what he had done to Ivankov.

‘No, I promised Jimmy I wouldn't cause problems. We have enough enemies already. As long as Nero keeps his distance....’

Suddenly her thoughts are interrupted by Harleen who had snuck up on her from behind, putting her arm around Mia's shoulder and leaning on her in a playful kind of a way. Something not unusual for the woman known as 'Crazy Hammer' but the new Captain of the Unwritten Pirates notices something was off about it this time, Harleen now seemed a lot heavier than usual.

Harleen: “Hey there puddin', what's that sour look about? Yer not worried about Jimbo still are ya? I already told ya, he's gonna be fine if my Mistah J has his back. Anybody tries to touch Jimbo and he'll cut 'em up and teach 'em how he got his scars.”

Mia can't help but smile at the optimism of Harleen, a couple of days ago she barely trusted her but in that time she's also found her cheerfulness refreshing and somewhat infectious.

“Well let's hope so Harl'. I thought you were going to check out the local markets, you were fast at getting back here?”

Harleen: “Oh yeah. I just wanted to tell ya, if ya ever get yer hands on one of those Devil Fruits then don't eat it. They taste disgusting.”

As she says that Mia's mind was slightly wandering back to the flag of the Devil Pirates before fully grasping what Harleen was trying to say.

“A bad taste? Mihehehe I can certainly relate.....wait a minute, you ate a Devil Fruit? What one?”

“They said it was called the Gura Gura no Mi. Apparently it's one of the best, I can't believe it was so cheap.”

“Oh Harl', I'm sorry sweetie but you got scammed hard. It might not be that bad though, what did it look like? I can have a look for it in my book for you.”

“Those bastards are gonna pay for ripping off Harleen Diamond, nobody messes with me and gets away with it.”

She recomposes herself to answer Mia seriously.

“All I remember is that it had swirly pattern on it, how many Devil Fruits could have a swirly patterns on them?”

Knowing the facts, Mia simply rests her face in one of her palms, she was frustrated but didn't want to make Harleen feel any worse about the situation.

The rest of the day would go smoothly, Tatsu the Soultaker would eventually reunite with the rest of the crew just as the ship's coating was completed before they all board it and finally make their decent under the Red Line and towards the New World.

....TO BE CONTINUED IN APPLENINE!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Several day before Gochi and the slave traders arrive.

"Alright madam, the coating of the...err...boat is ready."

Elise gave her thanks the coater. After a small exchange of payment, the coater left back to his shop.

Elise was a long arm. Freshly picked up from Kenzan Island by Drago and the crew when they took over the island. Her strong desire to join the crew had intrigued the cyborg, causing his decision to let her in. She now followed him as an apprentice. Instead of heading back to the Laughing Archipelago, Drago had different plans. A newspaper had created an endeavor within him. An endeavor to get a ship coating and head into the New World. But there was no ship, no crew either. Just he and Elise and a little boat. What could the pirate be up to?

Elise stepped into the boat, patkently waiting for Drago. With her laid back against the rail, she marveled at the setting sun. The orange glow in produce sparkled onto the calm waters, giving it an ethereal beauty. It amazes me, just how one single object can produce such a beauty on the Earth. The sky itself changes color alongside the sun like a chameleon does with it's surroundings. Not only does it give you a sight to see, but it changes your mood positively. During sunrise, everyone's just waking up so you're quiet and slow to not disturb others. But at midday, everyone is loud and incredibly hyper. At sunset, the mood shifts to peaceful and relaxed, just like I am now. The sun is a special star in our world.

Elise closed her eyes and let go of her mind and body. She let herself be free and drift into a different realm.

"Sorry to interrupt your nap or whatever, but it's to go. I've found the information I wanted."

Drago hopped into the boat, passing easily through the bubble around it. The boat rocked at his hard landing and sprayed some water on board. On Elise. "Ugh. Could you be more gentle?" She asked indignantly. "Where are we going?"

"We're going to meet a pirate. A 200 million berri worth pirate and then some. It's time I left the silver hair pirates."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With a smile, a woman greeted us who seems to be the manager of this place. With short black hair with two tufts pointing upwards, was a slim figure with skillful-looking hands. Miyagi promptly greeted her back without hesitation. I looked on with troubled eyes at Miyagi, who took it rather calmly. With that, we got ourselves seated. I had no preference on what to order. In fact, having come here was enough for me. Even then If I had to feel ease, then I would prefer to kill time while sipping away a hot cup of coffee. On such an occasion, only coffee with its bitter taste would suffice. "... I'd like coffee, please."

Miyagi had a look at the menu and said, "I'll have a Vienna Cocoa, please." She decided on something sweet.

At that moment I smelled some sort of alcoholic disinfectant odour coming from the manager of this place. It seems this lady here has an affinity for deodorants. At that moment I wonder what she intended by her statements. What's she trying to insinuate? Adventure... Hmm, I raised my eyebrows. I think I get what she's trying to say, but isn't that just out of the blue? Even I liked hearing fun stuff, which includes silly jokes and popular music.

However, with all due respect to all comedic acts, festivals, entertainment, and the sea out there, would it be okay for me to become captivated with these things regardless of effort... This word 'adventure' would it have been worthwhile despite being disturbing to my lifestyle?

Sigh Come on, you're better than this, Nero.

"Can we find someone here who does the coating?" As expected from Miyagi, right to the point. Though she did show a proper choice of words, yet she had a look of annoyance.
The two guests entered the bar finally, taking their respective seats and placing their orders. Shakky looked at them and attended to the orders. Whilst she prepared the cup of coffee and Vienna Cocoa for the undeniably one of the prettiest ladies she ever met in years. Dark hair, meaningful dark eyes and mysterious aura she manifested, she shared some alluding words of wisdom to the youthful glows in front on him..

Sam who was drunking his bottle of vodka so suddenls spouted a handful of them back from his throat to the nose like a firehose when she heard the young Nero asked if they ever knew someone who coats ship. What the fuck?!, he thought.

The bar owner turned to them and nodded, pouting his sexy lips to the direction of Sam as she winked at Nero. "I take referral bonus strictly. 100 million. 50% goes to the ship coater. Deal?"

Sam sighed and immediately answered, "3 days." Dock your ship near the 13th and you pick em all up on the 3rd day."

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The two guests entered the bar finally, taking their respective seats and placing their orders. Shakky looked at them and attended to the orders. Whilst she prepared the cup of coffee and Vienna Cocoa for the undeniably one of the prettiest ladies she ever met in years. Dark hair, meaningful dark eyes and mysterious aura she manifested, she shared some alluding words of wisdom to the youthful glows in front on him..

Sam who was drunking his bottle of vodka so suddenls spouted a handful of them back from his throat to the nose like a firehose when she heard the young Nero asked if they ever knew someone who coats ship. What the fuck?!, he thought.

The bar owner turned to them and nodded, pouting his sexy lips to the direction of Sam as she winked at Nero. "I take referral bonus strictly. 100 million. 50% goes to the ship coater. Deal?"

Sam sighed and immediately answered, "3 days." Dock your ship near the 13th and you pick em all up on the 3rd day."

@Oreki
However, Nero laughed towards this remark and with his eyes looking at the owner with a distant look. Nero couldn't help but respond with a smile.

"Although we do look like amateurs who don't know the monetary value, it's fine with me if you want to raise the price. But, I recommend that when you lie, please take note of your line of sight and tone of voice, 'kay ~" The teen laughed while saying these words- it appeared that his eyes had a keen radiance that saw the price was obviously high. "You are trying to deceive customers into pumping out their oil before lining your own pockets with the money, then splurging it all, right?"

He had kept a smile on his face since the start of this conversation. "Then a discount, 50 million. give or take, I am sure there are a lot of coaters who will go with this price."

Nero did think of going with this price, but due to various reasons, they were short on cash and also he didn't have the faintest idea of the price of coating but he was sure it hell ain't 100 million, this place was living up to its name. The Shakky's Rip Off bar!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
However, Nero laughed towards this remark and with his eyes looking at the owner with a distant look. Nero couldn't help but respond with a smile.

"Although we do look like amateurs who don't know the monetary value, it's fine with me if you want to raise the price. But, I recommend that when you lie, please take note of your line of sight and tone of voice, 'kay ~" The teen laughed while saying these words- it appeared that his eyes had a keen radiance that saw the price was obviously high. "You are trying to deceive customers into pumping out their oil before lining your own pockets with the money, then splurging it all, right?"

He had kept a smile on his face since the start of this conversation. "Then a discount, 50 million. give or take, I am sure there are a lot of coaters who will go with this price."

Nero did think of going with this price, but due to various reasons, they were short on cash and also he didn't have the faintest idea of the price of coating but he was sure it hell ain't 100 million, this place was living up to its name. The Shakky's Rip Off bar!
Shakky and Sam exchanged glances on the manner in which the rookie bargained. They smirked. "50 million?", she validated.

Deep inside, she knew it only costs 2 Million at least. 100 Million raise was a tactic. They knew it would go down, so setting the bar to the highest was the goal. It transpired.

"Fine then. 50 million. And you heard the coater. 3days."
[automerge]1583752867[/automerge]
just post 3days rp time

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shakky and Sam exchanged glances on the manner in which the rookie bargained. They smirked. "50 million?", she validated.

Deep inside, she knew it only costs 2 Million at least. 100 Million raise was a tactic. They knew it would go down, so setting the bar to the highest was the goal. It transpired.

"Fine then. 50 million. And you heard the coater. 3days."
"Nero you're being dumb, it won't kill you to read something else outside of storybooks" Nero slightly frowned while staring at that Miyagi a distressed expression was exposed on that Nero's face. Miyagi askew expression made people think that without a doubt, she did not care. Just then she said "Miss, you obviously have a worldly expression, but you're unexpectedly ruthless, eh..........I get it, 3 million, how's that? It's all said in the article book of Saboady Archipelago."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Nero you're being dumb, it won't kill you to read something else outside of storybooks" Nero slightly frowned while staring at that Miyagi a distressed expression was exposed on that Nero's face. Miyagi askew expression made people think that without a doubt, she did not care. Just then she said "Miss, you obviously have a worldly expression, but you're unexpectedly ruthless, eh..........I get it, 3 million, how's that? It's all said in the article book of Saboady Archipelago."
Shakky, with a somber look on her face, stared at Nero. "........"

And then she responded in a sophisticated manner. "Pirates, if we alerted the marines. Those 50 million will even be into waste. Be thankful that allowed your 50% discount without thinking twice. We are too generous to even offer a barrel of Cocoa Vienna for the pretty lady. Right Missy?", she asked the girl with a lovely smile on her face. "You're sooooo pretty. You look exactly the same as myself back in the days. Take a look at this picture."

A picture of her with Rayleigh is shown along with other silhouetted images.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shakky, with a somber look on her face, stared at Nero. "........"

And then she responded in a sophisticated manner. "Pirates, if we alerted the marines. Those 50 million will even be into waste. Be thankful that allowed your 50% discount without thinking twice. We are too generous to even offer a barrel of Cocoa Vienna for the pretty lady. Right Missy?", she asked the girl with a lovely smile on her face. "You're sooooo pretty. You look exactly the same as myself back in the days. Take a look at this picture."

A picture of her with Rayleigh is shown along with other silhouetted images.
"Before we sign any deal I like to say three things." With Miyagi wearing a smile while looking at Shakky she suddenly pointed her finger towards Nero "First, I forget to mention that he's got a 409 Million bounty on his head which I am sure you guys may know about it, the second I don't accept the high price you gave us and third we can take care of marine ourselves and if they were to come it also going to interfere with your own business."

But then pleasant smile emerged out as both Nero and Miyagi looked at the picture before them. In this picture, Shakky was but a beautiful woman no matter how he looked at her, and standing beside her a man with strawberry blonde hair clean cut and had a moderate amount of facial hair. However, as Miyagi looked at the picture, she found herself curious no matter what, as if those faces in the picture were famous figures but she did not remember anything.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Before we sign any deal I like to say three things." With Miyagi wearing a smile while looking at Shakky she suddenly pointed her finger towards Nero "First, I forget to mention that he's got a 409 Million bounty on his head which I am sure you guys may know about it, the second I don't accept the high price you gave us and third we can take care of marine ourselves and if they were to come it also going to interfere with your own business."

But then pleasant smile emerged out as both Nero and Miyagi looked at the picture before them. In this picture, Shakky was but a beautiful woman no matter how he looked at her, and standing beside her a man with strawberry blonde hair clean cut and had a moderate amount of facial hair. However, as Miyagi looked at the picture, she found herself curious no matter what, as if those faces in the picture were famous figures but she did not remember anything.
Miyagi rebutted and boasted the fame of the captain beside her. Shakky and Sam, they turned to each other's faces and tried their best to hold their laughter. The owner of the bar giggled so sodtly, "h.hmhmh.h.h.hm.. 409 million? Wow! That's so... Cute?"

She just kept on smiling and winked at Miyagi once more.. "50 million. Deal or no deal. That's the last time I will respond to both of you.. And please... Enough of the bounty talk."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Miyagi rebutted and boasted the fame of the captain beside her. Shakky and Sam, they turned to each other's faces and tried their best to hold their laughter. The owner of the bar giggled so sodtly, "h.hmhmh.h.h.hm.. 409 million? Wow! That's so... Cute?"

She just kept on smiling and winked at Miyagi once more.. "50 million. Deal or no deal. That's the last time I will respond to both of you.. And please... Enough of the bounty talk."
Miyagi let out a sweet smile gracing her face while looking at the lady, Nero said.

"...Bounty talk you say? Who was it that was talking about alerting the marines? You... if you want to blame something, blame your own eagerness." He couldn't resist but smile after the comparison. This could even be described as a cute scene compared to an encounter with a real thief, thus forcing him to break out in laughter. It was true he was ignorant of the cost of the coating but he didn't expect these people to try to deceive them to this degree.

Nero looked happy, but he had on an expression that was colder than ice, with a creepy smile that had emerged. Using a tone that was dirty, ugly, and cold, Nero continued speaking. "…Isn’t that just nice for you? You can use your silver tongue to deceive us into giving you 50 million, yeah? Isn't constructing frauds something you're a master at? I have to say I made the mistake regarding the price earlier but that's hardly enough of a reason to let you deceive us."

He looked away, a sign that he wasn't interested in any further talk. "Okay, thank you for the hospitality but we shall leave now."

Nero and Miyagi stood up from their chair and when they were about to leave the thing that caught his attention was the vase upon the wooden table and vivid blue flowers inside the vase that resemble gentians. Upon seeing the flower, Nero's eyes distorted bitterly and then he gave a smile. A smile that looked a little troubled and a bit... sad. And the thought he was trying to remember the remnant of his memories, fragments of those flowers were like a shuffled deck of cards, each one coming up at random. The sight of that was extremely strange and even sad in a way… Sad? Why would he think it was sad?

Nero slowly turned his head toward Shakky. "Where did you get these flowers?"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Are you guys locals here?"
The 3 boys looked at each other and snickered. "Locals? Pah, you need not to know who we are!" projected one of them, the tallest of the 3. We'll call him, boy #1. I hope I'm doing this right. Be proud Mr. Peterman!

"We're here to check out your slaves. Talk to me about them." Boy #1 was assertive in his tone and posture. Head up, feet straight, shoulders square and big chest. The other 2 were doing exactly the same thing from behind. They perfected Peterman's wish.

"Yes, look at those 3 go!" Peterman squealed from his hiding cover. "Confidence is the key to getting what you want!"

@Gochi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Miyagi let out a sweet smile gracing her face while looking at the lady, Nero said.

"...Bounty talk you say? Who was it that was talking about alerting the marines? You... if you want to blame something, blame your own eagerness." He couldn't resist but smile after the comparison. This could even be described as a cute scene compared to an encounter with a real thief, thus forcing him to break out in laughter. It was true he was ignorant of the cost of the coating but he didn't expect these people to try to deceive them to this degree.

Nero looked happy, but he had on an expression that was colder than ice, with a creepy smile that had emerged. Using a tone that was dirty, ugly, and cold, Nero continued speaking. "…Isn’t that just nice for you? You can use your silver tongue to deceive us into giving you 50 million, yeah? Isn't constructing frauds something you're a master at? I have to say I made the mistake regarding the price earlier but that's hardly enough of a reason to let you deceive us."

He looked away, a sign that he wasn't interested in any further talk. "Okay, thank you for the hospitality but we shall leave now."

Nero and Miyagi stood up from their chair and when they were about to leave the thing that caught his attention was the vase upon the wooden table and vivid blue flowers inside the vase that resemble gentians. Upon seeing the flower, Nero's eyes distorted bitterly and then he gave a smile. A smile that looked a little troubled and a bit... sad. And the thought he was trying to remember the remnant of his memories, fragments of those flowers were like a shuffled deck of cards, each one coming up at random. The sight of that was extremely strange and even sad in a way… Sad? Why would he think it was sad?

Shakky and Sam glared at the two customers as they bid farewell. Chuckling a little before they both recognized how the young captain was enthralled by the flower vase right adjacent to the front door.

Shakky: ".............."
Sam: "???"

Shakky, leaned forward and brought her face resting on her left palm. She said, " It's Sylleblossom. Also known as the flower of zeal. It's a flower native to the land of Tenebrae that grows in vast meadows. A friend of mine who previously visited here gave it to me. He said that it's the national flower of that land where his old friend was raised. The locals used those for making perfumes."

She chuckled and asked Nero. "If you are willing, I can give further details about the meaning of the its shade. The man who gave it to me and the coating of your ship. All in for 1 million. What do you think, young man?"

She gazed upon the pirate in front of her and momentarily raised her left brow, waiting for a final truce.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
" It's Sylleblossom. Also known as the flower of zeal. It's a flower native to the land of Tenebrae that grows in vast meadows. A friend of mine who previously visited here gave it to me. He said that it's the national flower of that land where his old friend was raised. The locals used those for making perfumes."

She chuckled and asked Nero. "If you are willing, I can give further details about the meaning of the its shade. The man who gave it to me and the coating of your ship. All in for 1 million. What do you think, young man?"
"Now, wait, hold on..." ...Tenebrae? He knows this place his fingertips have memorized the shape and textures of that flower. When he looks at the flower, memories he should have no knowledge of float vaguely into his head. "So you found your way here? Do you know the flowers of Tenebrae? You'll find they await you still, blooming from hill to vale." he heard the voice that had a sweet ring to it coming from somewhere inside his body. he tried to recall the voice he heard but only fragments of the voice still remained in his head. like a movie being played on a half-broken projector. Body, memory, and emotion are all inseparably connected. The blurry picture began to take shape. Someone important, someone he must not forget, someone he didn't want to forget!

Trying to connect the pieces together, trying to gather the fading fragments of his memory, he had no choice but to accept the price and accept the Shakky treaty. Even so... he had hoped to know why it was important to him. he spoke out loud. "Yes. There is one thing I would like to ask. Was the whole of Tenebrae ablaze? Was there any attempt to attack the lives of the Tenebrae royalty?"

Miyagi was looking at him. As she was expressionless, she appeared to be simply observing the attitude of Nero who was reflected in her beautiful blue eyes, but she could not discern what expression he was making and she did not know that her expression was of apprehension.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Now, wait, hold on..." ...Tenebrae? He knows this place his fingertips have memorized the shape and textures of that flower. When he looks at the flower, memories he should have no knowledge of float vaguely into his head. "So you found your way here? Do you know the flowers of Tenebrae? You'll find they await you still, blooming from hill to vale." he heard the voice that had a sweet ring to it coming from somewhere inside his body. he tried to recall the voice he heard but only fragments of the voice still remained in his head. like a movie being played on a half-broken projector. Body, memory, and emotion are all inseparably connected. The blurry picture began to take shape. Someone important, someone he must not forget, someone he didn't want to forget!

Trying to connect the pieces together, trying to gather the fading fragments of his memory, he had no choice but to accept the price and accept the Shakky treaty. Even so... he had hoped to know why it was important to him. he spoke out loud. "Yes. There is one thing I would like to ask. Was the whole of Tenebrae ablaze? Was there any attempt to attack the lives of the Tenebrae royalty?"

Miyagi was looking at him. As she was expressionless, she appeared to be simply observing the attitude of Nero who was reflected in her beautiful blue eyes, but she could not discern what expression he was making and she did not know that her expression was of apprehension.
Sam's master in ship coating went out of his room and now was wearing hos typical fitted black sleeveless shirt and cheetah-like skinny jeans. His hair was worn in ponytails. His glasses reflected the light above him. "What's this commotion about my flower vase.. Hhhmmm.. Young man, it's seems that your interested in knowing about the place where it came from. Unfortunately, we don't give out such information that easily."

He walked slowly towards the two pirates as he handed out the Shakky's pants to her in which the lady quickly laid her palm, reaching for it and then wore it. "I won't tell you much about it. It's what's what promised to the royalty who gave it to us some weeks ago. However, even without him, I know about the place but you must tell your intentions first.. What are your linkage to that place? Do you think that telling everything to you now wouldn't jeopardize your journey. Some things are meant to be discovered and some were merely passed on. Choose..."

He gazed upon Nero and grinned as if he was about to outwit what the captain of the Devil Pirates was fashioning.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
[Nero POV]
One of them left, but suddenly someone else came through the door, leading with him an elderly man of relatively tall height with a very strong and defined build who moved slowly towards us. In that very moment, I was fascinated by his exceptional aura.
. "I won't tell you much about it. It's what's what promised to the royalty who gave it to us some weeks ago. However, even without him, I know about the place but you must tell your intentions first.. What are your linkage to that place? Do you think that telling everything to you now wouldn't jeopardize your journey. Some things are meant to be discovered and some were merely passed on. Choose..."

He gazed upon Nero and grinned as if he was about to outwit what the captain of the Devil Pirates was fashioning.
Now that I think about it, what does Pirate do anyway? I do not get weary even amidst other people company since I was never apprehensive of other people, to begin with, though others do sometimes mistake that I am. Is that enough for me to be a pirate? To be able to talk to others without being weary? I sighed again. I'd given the matter a hell of a lot of thought since I and Miyagi had become pirates, and the only real reason I could come up with was so stupid that I didn't want to credit it. Yep, that's pretty stupid. But do I belong here? I decided to become a bounty hunter because of Ice, but I always thought that meant for keeping me staying away from the troublesome lifestyle in this world.

I decided to not think about it too hard and I lightly tapped the table with the back of my hand. I'm just a normal person whose shoulders bore no grand role but because of that, I was thrown into a predicament of this question. I scratched my head lightly and glanced at Miyagi out of the corner of my eye and started to speak.

"I have never really give any thought about a journey, adventure being free. Yet ever since becoming pirate, I've been surrounded by her(Miyagi) and other members of my crew. As I watched these people with a completely different lifestyle from me with knowing what they're doing with their life, I somehow felt uncomfortable. It's a feeling you can't describe unless you know it yourself. Have I remained unaffiliated, I probably wouldn't have thought of questioning my own lifestyle if not meeting all these people. In short, I don't know what Journey jeopardizes means to me because all I want is to know about myself to no longer feel uncomfortable. And to do that I have to find everything I need to know and it just Tenebera happens to be part of me that I want to know."

While listening to me Miyagi touched her lower lip with her finger. Knowing my extremely reticent personality, she was probably taken aback by my rare outburst and her eyes widened. But before long, she smiled gently, as if she understood my feelings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"I have never really give any thought about a journey, adventure being free. Yet ever since becoming pirate, I've been surrounded by her(Miyagi) and other members of my crew. As I watched these people with a completely different lifestyle from me with knowing what they're doing with their life, I somehow felt uncomfortable. It's a feeling you can't describe unless you know it yourself. Have I remained unaffiliated, I probably wouldn't have thought of questioning my own lifestyle if not meeting all these people. In short, I don't know what Journey jeopardizes means to me because all I want is to know about myself to no longer feel uncomfortable. And to do that I have to find everything I need to know and it just Tenebera happens to be part of me that I want to know."
The old man, stared at Nero for a brief moment, raised his brows and fixed his glasses. He looked up at the ceiling and begin to wonder and wander as he pondered. "Many years ago, a group of people with different goals in life had gathered in a single ship. They were led by an eventual pirate king Gol D. Roger in their journey. Defeated their enemies, looted treasures, and discovered the history. But do you know what the most special part of their journey was? Friendship. That's what matters the most. And up until now, just by simply listening to that story will give you peace of mind and happiness. Those years... I mean, those pirates who joined him surely miss him. Ha. Ha. I cannot fathom how much they miss him. It's been a couple of decades."

He paused for a moment and wiped away the minuscule tears that would have started to drip down on his cheeks had he continued speaking. He breathed heavily and continued, "If you really want to know about it.. Go on with your journey. Find yourself.. The moment you start to question who you are, you're not.."

"I can tell you the key to everything but what purpose will be left in you? However, if you will be able to locate this person, maybe he could teach you something you have to learn. Something that he learnt with someone who might be connected to you.." He tossed a picture of the man he was referring to.

He turned around and grabbed a bottle of vodka in the bar. He halted and left just one more advice to the young man. "In our journey, we will come across people and foes.. Both will make us stronger. But only you can make you become who you really wanted be.."

He tilted his head and slightly formed an arc as he slid it sidewards, "Child, learn your purpose.. I will coat your ship for free but the moment you realize your dream, I will accept a payment in the form of stories.."

@Oreki

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The old man, stared at Nero for a brief moment, raised his brows and fixed his glasses. He looked up at the ceiling and begin to wonder and wander as he pondered. "Many years ago, a group of people with different goals in life had gathered in a single ship. They were led by an eventual pirate king Gol D. Roger in their journey. Defeated their enemies, looted treasures, and discovered the history. But do you know what the most special part of their journey was? Friendship. That's what matters the most. And up until now, just by simply listening to that story will give you peace of mind and happiness. Those years... I mean, those pirates who joined him surely miss him. Ha. Ha. I cannot fathom how much they miss him. It's been a couple of decades."

He paused for a moment and wiped away the minuscule tears that would have started to drip down on his cheeks had he continued speaking. He breathed heavily and continued, "If you really want to know about it.. Go on with your journey. Find yourself.. The moment you start to question who you are, you're not.."
He sounded quite nostalgic, as though talking about a companion of his own kind. At the time, I had carelessly imagined he was just telling about a story that he may remember his entire life. I may with this story started to consider an entirely different possibility. I wonder if the time I have spent together with my crew over the past month has gained something resembling a friendship. I wondered if Miyagi wanted to ask any questions? But she didn't speak and kept listening silently. I simply did the same.

While thinking that I was immediately caught off guard what that old man said next.
"I can tell you the key to everything but what purpose will be left in you? However, if you will be able to locate this person, maybe he could teach you something you have to learn. Something that he learnt with someone who might be connected to you.."

He turned around and grabbed a bottle of vodka in the bar. He halted and left just one more advice to the young man. "In our journey, we will come across people and foes.. Both will make us stronger. But only you can make you become who you really wanted be.."
I was a bit surprised, as it's not normally possible for just any stranger to clearly say that I may meet a person who knows someone that I am connected to. I felt like he knows something about me that I don't but the question is, what? But for some reason, I felt like it wasn't the right place or time for me to ask this question.
He tilted his head and slightly formed an arc as he slid it sidewards, "Child, learn your purpose.. I will coat your ship for free but the moment you realize your dream, I will accept a payment in the form of stories.."
I sighed after hearing this and then I turn my gaze to face the old man. I began to think. There will be journey for me that needs to be remembered, and it will be a memory worth remembering. This matter was hard to define according to how I live my life. For someone like me who was used to dodging crisis after crisis, I don't have many memories worth remembering and don't know if there will be. As I was thinking, a sentence from Miyagi flashed across my mind: "Come on Nero, you don't have anything better to do, do you?" In that case, it wouldn't be too strange if I were to make some good memories myself.

"I'll accept your offer. However, I will take your words into consideration, and if any hints of this person come in my way, I'll try to take a step forward. I can't promise but one day there will be stories of Devil Pirates worth hearing." I made a smile. Miyagi after momentarily drawing a blank at my opinion, a smile broke on her face, and she said, "Thanks!" to the old man and manager of this place.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He sounded quite nostalgic, as though talking about a companion of his own kind. At the time, I had carelessly imagined he was just telling about a story that he may remember his entire life. I may with this story started to consider an entirely different possibility. I wonder if the time I have spent together with my crew over the past month has gained something resembling a friendship. I wondered if Miyagi wanted to ask any questions? But she didn't speak and kept listening silently. I simply did the same.

While thinking that I was immediately caught off guard what that old man said next.

I was a bit surprised, as it's not normally possible for just any stranger to clearly say that I may meet a person who knows someone that I am connected to. I felt like he knows something about me that I don't but the question is, what? But for some reason, I felt like it wasn't the right place or time for me to ask this question.

I sighed after hearing this and then I turn my gaze to face the old man. I began to think. There will be journey for me that needs to be remembered, and it will be a memory worth remembering. This matter was hard to define according to how I live my life. For someone like me who was used to dodging crisis after crisis, I don't have many memories worth remembering and don't know if there will be. As I was thinking, a sentence from Miyagi flashed across my mind: "Come on Nero, you don't have anything better to do, do you?" In that case, it wouldn't be too strange if I were to make some good memories myself.

"I'll accept your offer. However, I will take your words into consideration, and if any hints of this person come in my way, I'll try to take a step forward. I can't promise but one day there will be stories of Devil Pirates worth hearing." I made a smile. Miyagi after momentarily drawing a blank at my opinion, a smile broke on her face, and she said, "Thanks!" to the old man and manager of this place.
Rayleigh's face beamed like the sunshine above. Seeing him like this made Shakky chuckle while closing her eyes towards Miyagi and Nero. She said, "Nobody could deny Rayleigh's words.. Those are words of wisdom coming from a legendary man. Well, he is after all the Da-."

"Uhm Dear, apparently I want some black tea. Hahaha.", Shakky's words were interrupted by the old man as he was about to bid farewell to the two visitors. "Anyway young man, a deal is a deal. You two may go shopping while I attend to your ship at the end of this grove. Be back in 3 days and you are free to sail the New World. In there, you will find a different set of adventures. Some stories worth writing for."

The 3 individuals inside the back would gaze upon the 2 young hearts as they exited the place. And thereafter, a cups of tea would be poured on the table as Rayleigh looked back at the time when he and the man on the picture he gave to Nero met some weeks ago.

Short Flashback
It was a fine morning when a man in his early 30's was walking around the archipelago in search of his friend. He paused for a while as he was a little bit thirsty and he really wanted to light a cigarette. "Huff. This place is quite vast. How could I ever find him in this place in three days?", he uttered as he sat on a massive root underneath a huge tree. He lit a cigarette and drank a bottle of vodka as he thought of something. "Surely, fighting against a tough man back in Roger's era is quite fantastic but lest, I shall give my all in order to put him down. He should not be able to create further havoc or I am not be able to face my friend at some point."

The man in the silhouette rose to his full length and walked for about an hour until he reach a certain place where people didn't gather often. As he closed in, he spotted a man drinking a bottle of an unknown wine. He was wearing a fitted black sleeveless shirt and cheetah-like skinny jeans. His hair was worn in ponytails. And it seemed that somewaht, that man felt his presence and turned around only to have his glasses reflected the sunlight above him.

The traveler eyes began to widen and almost made his pupils vanished in awe. His cigarette fell down to the soil as he tried open his mouth. Rayleigh?! It couldn't be!, he wondered by himself.

"Well. Well. Looks like an old friend began to hold such trust issues after he was regarded as a crowned prince. Or should I say, a now pirate?". He continue to advance to get closer to the other man and he reached in, he added, "How can someone who has all the riches travel in this place walking without any of his servants? What made you decide to be a pirate? Tell me, Prince Landayan?"

The prince smiled and offered his arms widely to welcome an old friend. "Master, it's been ages but look how tougher you'd become. Aging but getting older? How to be you, reallly?". He scoffed and looked up, "To answer your question, I am currently in a quest. A quest to find an old heritage. You remember my old swordsman friend right? Well, apparently he should be raising a child but none of it will be tangible at this rate. Before his son went wild, I must see him and show him the way."

Gambit once again drew a cigarette and lit it up, "Apparently, meeting you here out of nowhere is such a cliche', isn't it? Pretty convenient if you may ask me. But since we've come to this. I can sense that you would be able to meet him someday or nearer, so I have a favor to ask you. Give him this and everything else shall be set up by you. Hahaha, you're are too experienced to deliver such motivational talk. I will do the rest when the time comes. And ofcourse, should he request for a ship coating, give this one to your apprentice as an advanced payment. I shall go now. I will still need to locate another friend of mine."

Rayleigh, looked at the object Gambit gave to him and saw a picture of two teenagers but from a decade and a half ago. It was Gambit and another man who was slightly older than him. He flipped the picture to see its back and read the message encrypted on it. It says, "Blue petals or Red petals? I choose Red. Choose Blue and learn what's true. Red and be dead. Find me. Find yourself."

@Oreki

Top Bottom