Island Serapis

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #9
@Gambit

Gambit would respond about Demeter’s remark, a cheek-in-tongue sort – as he would talk about Demeter’s daughter, Persephone – a Goddess said to be the Queen of the Underworld. This would immediately trigger a more aggressive tone from Demeter as the trio would turned their backs towards her and walked to the mansion. Her tone carries anger, but not enough to be obvious to the trio, but such a small hint in her voice can be extracted to said conclusion.

“She is no denizen of the Underworld! Regardless of what Hades says!”

Demeter would calm her voice as she let go of her anger. While Demeter’s reason for being in Serapis isn’t well-known, one could argue she is likely here because of Persephone. The trio would move, entering the gate but Demeter would try to follow, only to meet with an unknown force, an invisible force would ‘repel’ her, a painful wince could be heard as Demeter grimaced in slight pain, her hand seemly burned slightly. She could not enter.

“You may not belong here… but it seems you have something for Thanatos! I need Thanatos’ help. Please help me! He has prevented me from entering the mansion the second time.”

Demeter would plead with the trio before they would go any further. Perhaps Gambit would think twice before he would enter the mansion first given the Goddess’s words, information is crucial – for he may only have one chance. Would Gambit listen to the Goddess’s pleas or would he continue to the mansion?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

The trio was about to enter the mansion until Demeter tried to reason, responding to Gambit's notion about her daughter. "So it really is you, Demeter. I have no qualms about my knowledge of you lot."

Gambit and friends once again turned their backs to her but the goddess was persistent. She tried to enter the mansion only to be forcibly repelled by an invisible force.

"What was that?!", Gambit said as they all hopped backward simultaneously.

This was the time Demeter pleaded. "It seems that there's a force field in this entrance that disallows anyone from entering freely."

"Reynolds, shoot the door. Let's see if your bullets can pass through it. If it does, then the repulsion is selective; otherwise, we have to break through..."
, he ordered the sniper.

But before he act, the prince turned to the goddess, "What do you know about this force field? Can a violent force allow us to break it so you could enter? And what do you need from him? It's edgy that a goddess like you couldn't gain access to this place. Speak, Demeter..."

And after that talk, he turned back to the sniper. The latter would quickly draw his Magnum 69 Deadpool, placing it across his right shoulder. He would not need to use the scope due to its distance. And using a silencer adjoined to the barrel of the weapon, he would fire discreetly.

Will it pass through? It is yet to unravel.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #10
@Gambit

The situation with Demeter have cause some concerns regarding the mansion as a whole as the trio was surprised that Demeter was repulsed by an invisible force. This would prompt Gambit to try and test out this particular effect the mansion possesses by asking one of his men to shoot the door. This surprises Demeter, as unlike the trio it seems there is an old saying: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test’. Before Gambit could even get to ask his question, Demeter quickly asserts herself from a distance, whether the Goddess likes it or not the trio is the key to her plan.

“W-Wait! You do not want to try anything violent to the owner of the mansion, Thanatos! If you cause disturbances he will easily deny you entry as well!”

Demeter’s words are enough for anyone that would think of the consequences of causing trouble. Gambit is but a foreigner in Serapis, no matter how strong he is – Serapis works differently than he would soon find.

“I’m not sure why you are looking for Thanatos, but I need his help – his scythe. Hades is immortal as long as he resides in Serapis, the King of the Underworld reigns supreme. He took my daughter Persephone with him from Olympus to here and locked her in a tower by the castle.”

Demeter continues her words, the singular long tower near the castle, linked by an open corridor that the trio may have notice when they looked towards the castle seems to be location which Demeter may be referring to. Her objective in Serapis laid bare for Gambit and his men to hear – she needed Thanatos’s scythe.

“Thanatos’s scythe… is unique, bound to his soul as Death itself. It is the only weapon capable of reaping away immortality. But Thanatos wouldn’t help me, and afterwards he banished me to the entrance of his mansion. But since you can enter the mansion, please help me..!”

This time, words from Demeter are serious – Thanatos seems to have incredible powers within Serapis itself. Should Demeter’s words be true then shooting anything in the mansion or even around the mansion is anything short of foolish. Thanatos by her words held power and authority that seems to tower beyond the trio and even a fellow Olympian. Will Gambit attempt to have his men fire a gun to test his theory out? Or would he try and continue to understand the powers within Serapis before making a move?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Reynolds was about to shoot the door where they believed an invisible force field hinders the goddess from entering the mansion. A mansion deemed to be owned by a powerful being, and most of all a wielder of a famed scythe, capable of reaping off Hades' immortality.

Gambit's eyes glared when he heard everything Demeter said. He found a solution to for his journey in Serapis. But he remained dubious over the goddess for all her actions might be a trap or steps to delay their meeting with Hades.

"Well then Demeter. I shall take your word. But first, I didn't come here for Thanatos. It is your brother that I sought."

The prince looked at Demeter's exquisite eyes. They are lovely. Full of mysteries. Something the prince can always be fooled by. And this weakness of his always leads him to mishaps.

"Pretty, you're not just gonna listen to this random chic, are you?", T-Bag asked.

"If what she said is true, killing Thanatos is the solution. We can easily find out if she's telling the truth or not once we meet this scythe wielder."

"Aight. You're the captain."

"Demeter. We will deal with this Thanatos. And after that, Hades. Don't get in the way."

He turned to T-Bag and Reynolds, "watch her. I shall go alone."

With that, Gambit made his steps towards the door and finally made it inside the mansion. It was a total darkness. But with Echolocation, he should be able to see the surrounding.

"Hm. I know you're here. Show yourself.", he called Thanatos over.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #11
@Gambit

Gambit acquired some context to Hades and Serapis, the key for all of this is Thanatos’s scythe, though Gambit would wish to deal with this alone, perhaps trying to kill what is considered Death itself. Demeter wasn’t able to speak further as Gambit would enter the mansion, but she knew that ‘killing’ is something that she understood to be impossible for Thanatos, perhaps an improbable task.

Gambit would enter the mansion, a place with absolute darkness – yet there is no one, Gambit would try to call Thanatos out but he would receive no response. Instead the mansion suddenly lit up – and from what he could see the mansion was actually rather well-maintained despite from the perceived appearance one may see from the outside. Truly should never judge a book from its cover. There is furniture such as chairs, tables, even the carpet is well-furnished. It’s as if the mansion is one of royalty. But to Gambit’s surprise there is no one – but a presence lingers, a bone-chilling atmosphere would strike Gambit ice cold, a cold air that even one fully acclimated to the harshest winters would feel up to his or her bones. It is a cold so unnatural that one would be surprised by the change of air, despite the numerous candles that light the mansion.

Then, a voice of unknown origins would whisper into Gambit’s ears. To Gambit however it is nothing more than mumbo jumbo, yet the voice is anything but creepy. Soon afterwards the voice would disappear, and so would the bone-chilling air. Then suddenly, a large creaking sound could be heard from the second floor, more candles lighted up in front of Gambit – the stairs to the second floor. Should Gambit follow the sound and take the stairs to the second floor, he would find the candles would be further lighted up alongside his movements – until a large wooden door would be opened.

Should Gambit enter a room – he would notice the spacious but empty room. Curtains completely covered the windows, preventing any source of outside light beaming into the room. Only candles were the source of light. At the other end of the room, a few steps of height followed by a single chair – not exactly a throne but merely a chair that faces back to the entrance. Yet there is no one. Is Thanatos actually in the mansion? Even through any form of Haki one could not sense anything – but a presence for sure lingers around Gambit.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Gambit is now inside the mansion. At first, he was welcomed by total darkness but all of this were brief. When he puffed the cigarette lingering in his mouth without even touching it, the entire mansion lit up with candlelights, illuminating it entirely. He bore witness to the grand ornaments, ceiling, curvatures, and muebles inside. Carpets and hardwood so extravagant hold classy displays to the gothic yet majestic accessories it has. Quite fair. Perhaps not deeply marveled by its physiques for he is a prince who grew up in such higher demands.

Darkness. Illumination. Grand Reopening. And then a deafening silence. This silence is quickly followed by chilling atmosphere. The same sensation they felt when they set foot in Serapis, perhaps even chiller. He knew he is watched. But even for someone as alert and intuitive as he is, he could only feel such presence. Where the bearer of such presence remains unsolved.

Until a whisper blew smoothly yet menacingly into his right ear. He followed suit, then more lights emerged upstairs. It was clear that the sound and gesture wanted him to track. And he did just that, hardwood floor creaking as he steps. Braving the hallway, a huge wooden plank of door would open up for him, he entered. A wide spacious room indeed with a very little accessories as compared before. Not a single ray of light would pass through the room as the windows are totally barrened by thick curtains.

Gambit would expect the door to shut down hardly on its own any moment now. He closed his eyes, trying to connect with the souls within. The prince after all is trained Alchemist, Blacksmith, and above all Necromancer by profession.

He drew his wooden cane from his left holster and after that, he twirled it clockwise only for a weapon even Thanatos would certainly recognize. Another scythe wielder. "Enough of the sorcery. I feel your presence. You're strong, I know. Let's try and test it."

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #12
@Gambit

The presence seems to unnerved Gambit, enough for him to feel threatened by the atmosphere surrounding him in which resulted in bringing out his weapon, a scythe – and attempts to simply provoke Thanatos out of hiding. Though Gambit’s provocation would fall into deaf ears, yet not everything is for naught. A chilling wind would return before a voice of an older man could be heard around, the voice rough, bone-chilling yet carries a soothing feeling of those whom heard, a strange perplexing feeling.

“Why thou disturbest me…? ”

In a blink of an eye, a mysterious figure would seat upon the empty chair, the being whom carries the voice of the dead – spoken in archaic English, an old unused language that even Gambit is unlikely to use, pronouns and verbs may not quickly be caught on before getting the sense of his words.

“Doth thee not heareth pleas of Demeter?”

Contrary to what Gambit might seem to think, Thanatos so far doesn’t seem as dismissive as Demeter herself seems to have characterise Thanatos so far, or at the very least for now he would seem a far cry from what Demeter spoke of, this is especially true considering that Gambit is still in the mansion. Beside him stood a
maid, whom now appeared quite literally out of nowhere – a pair of scissors left hanging by her waist of her maiden uniform. She would present tea to Thanatos which the being would took gently onto his hand, afterwards she would simply walk towards Gambit as if a lack of care towards the situation – offering the same to the guest of the mansion, all without a single word.

Thanatos continues to sit upon the chair, slowly drinking tea whilst uncaring at the sight of Gambit brandishing his scythe. Preferring to rather have Gambit leave him alone, but did not seem to completely cast him out of the mansion as he did with Demeter. Regardless of how Thanatos acted so far, he chose to allow Gambit an audience – at the very least allowing Gambit a chance to speak properly before deciding to do anything else, as he very likely did with Demeter before him. This is Gambit’s opportunity, and perhaps his only chance. How will the prince utilize his chance better than the Goddess?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

The prince of Hiraya, Landayan Morrow entered Thanatos' mansion, leaving behind his two commanders and the goddess Demeter. Inside, he dealt with the tremble of all the scourge in conjunction with the chill of the underworld. This uncommon atmosphere brought the prince to unleash his weapon of mortal death, a scythe. Albeit ironic, he has never killed anyone with this weapon.

Gambit called the presence forth. Briefly, it had been nothing but silence until another stream of cold was dispersed, accompanied by a guttural voice just like his, solitude. Death emerged.

The pirate stood still, glaring, staring at the emergence of a figure onto its seat. Ivory-haired he is, long and silky. Pale his skin is, albeit most of it is concealed with bronze-like armor.

It spoke in an old-fashioned way. Gambit may not be a native speaker of which, but he's well accustomed enough to discern what is conveyed. Thought with ancient artifacts, culture, and linguistics as a young crowned prince. An arrogant response he would give.

"I wouldn't mind sending you back to peace but Demeter spoke of you, both pragmatic and contemptuous. Perhaps, rumors are just until truth unearthed."

The prince still wielding his blade but he sheathed it when the maiden reached his position. "Thank ye!", he acknowledged, mimicking the tongue of the man before him as he raised his brows condescendingly, a display of arrogance and entitlement. He sipped the tea, the maid gave him. He continued, "I did not seek Death, or should I say you. I came here. I came here for Hades. There are things I need to settle and truths I long to unravel. And I mean business Thanatos. Time is of the essence. And if what Demeter attests that your scythe is of significance, I will take it. It needs a proper wielder."

After saying all these, Gambit unleashed his willpower that ramified and reverberated across the hall before puffing his cigar for the very last time. Wings sprang forth his back before flapping it once, manifesting a strong gust of wind toward death itself. Strong enough to either drive him off his seat or take the defensive. One is certain. Death is nearby.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #13
@Gambit

Gambit arrogance when it comes to death itself surprises the maid the most, but then the maid would only snicker for even a split second at that thought, she would break character but immediately brought back her serious demeanor. Thanatos however doesn’t seem impressed. Then came to Gambit’s requests, or at least from another perspective – an order. Thanatos’s eyes would gleam, listening to Gambit’s words or the way till the end – his arrogance carried through his words. Unfortunately for Gambit, this impressed even less towards Thanatos – Gambit didn’t understand the words of Demeter unfortunately and it has shown. He also didn’t seem to realize the rules of Serapis in proper. This would lead to Thanatos merely speak, there’s no anger, no emotions, his tone does not carry any nuances.

“Thy destiny hast already been decided. Ye dost not need my scythe for it does not belong to thee.

Thanatos would speak once more; Death is done with Gambit it seems. His
scythe would start to manifest by him, standing straight up beside the chair, glowed in the green light. But it is not wielded by Thanatos physically. Yet the power of the scythe can be felt emanating from its very core. At the very least the scythe is definitely not some form of illusion. Thanatos would veer his eyes away, having lost interest in the conversation. The maid would quietly wait for their guest to leave, allowing Gambit the opportunity to take his leave on his own terms.

“Now thou shalt leave me be.”

With the rejection from Thanatos, just like Demeter – Gambit now has to decide the next course of action, to either do as Demeter have likely done, asking once more whether in violence or not or leave Thanatos and perhaps look for an alternative, he still has freedom to look around the mansion however, for he wasn’t banish out like Demeter did. But considering what happens to Demeter, not having a plan in action with Thanatos seems to be the biggest issue so far.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Gambit intended to display Thanatos his everlasting arrogance and willpower, in an attempt to move him. The god of death is something else. Only a few would try to withstand the prince's presence and yet, the god before him did not only ignore this notion. Let alone succumb to his demand. The pirate smirked, his eyes glaring like the illuminating lights inside the mansion.

"As expected from you. Or should I dare to speak, from thee?"

He said, commending the god before briefly turning to the maiden, winking his left eye, seemingly trying to amuse the woman with his god-conferred charm. She appears to be rather repulsive; perhaps all but act. Could it be the case with Thanatos? Gambit would resort to another method. He is, after all, an effective negotiator.

Gambit's eye took wonder when the scythe in question suddenly emerged from thin air; hovering over by the god's side. He would not expose his excitement nor any interest in the weapon he wields magically.

"Bueno, lord of peaceful death, Thanatos. I can see that you're a man of honor. And respect, I shall give you.", he continued, placing his right palm against his chest while he partially bowed his head, atoning his prior acts.

"If this scythe does not hold the key for Hades' fall, would your fated guest of honor hold the liberty of reconciliation? Or perhaps, a passage to your master? He, after all, deemed me as his own child of darkness."

Prince Landayan Morrow drew another stick of cigar from his left suit pocket, placed him between his lips, lighting it up without holding any instrument to do so.

"If all I spoke sufficed, you know of such significance."

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #14
@Gambit

Despite Gambit’s attempt to intimidate Thanatos, the unmoving personification of Death continues to remain unnerved by such attempts. Though giving credit where it is due, Gambit’s habit of flirting never seems to change despite the situation. However, the maid he winked at doesn’t seem concerned about the flirtatious attitude Gambit, definitely the colder and serious personality as a maid – which shows her discipline attitude. Gambit would continue to talk despite the insistence of Thanatos having him to leave, but yet Gambit desires advice – asking for help getting to Hades. Thanatos however would quickly speak – this time getting much less patient by his guest constant annoyance and questions.

“Thou destiny hast already been decided Prince Landayan! Thy shalt be the pawn of Hades! Nothing thy shalt do can change that!”

Thanatos spoke once more, speaking ominously towards Gambit’s fate. As it stands Thanatos seems well aware of Gambit’s destiny, or at least seems to be aware of what will happen. Yet Thanatos spoke nothing of what to help Gambit with. But what is the Olympian’s plan with Gambit? Not even Thanatos shall share with it. Yet the Olympian would finally give in a sigh, a defeatist attitude – the man before him would not give up, Thanatos seems to be the only way path to defeat Hades after all, and for Gambit, rather than looking for an alternative to Hades, cling to that idea of the scythe.

“If thy truly wants the scythe. Loan to thee shalt it be. Only if thou gambles thy life in games of wit.”

Thanatos would speak with truth in his tone – he isn’t joking, for a deal with the Devil usually means concrete. The same would apply for Death itself. Gambit’s insistence with Thanatos ultimately brought him to a series of test as far as Thanatos is concerned with, what sort of games would Thanatos deliver? Only by accepting would Gambit learn of its true nature. It is also likely the only time Thanatos is willing to give an exception, that if Gambit refuses it – there is likely no second chances. Even Thanatos’s words are shrouded in riddles, gambling with one’s life is scary, but who is to say what sort of alternate meaning does Death meant?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Gambit's adventure in the world of darkness continues. Presently, he's dealing with Thanatos. The two of them are playing mind games. Death itself remained unmoved and cold despite everything Gambit put on the table. As cold as he is, so is the maiden. The latter not even buying the prince's habit of making the ladies fall on his traps. But unbeknownst to her, it's his most desired recipe for a woman. After all, spices are evils.

Shifting the attention to Thanatos, the tides are changing bit by bit. Perhaps, the prince's insistence and natural charisma are starting to spread like a virus. He spoke but less of his former demeanor.

"Has been decided, you said? Pawn of your Lord? Preposterous! Fated, I might have been for you Olympians, but I write my own history. And you, as the living embodiment of death knows better!"

He responded, not even slightly tormented with the sudden rise of the Death's tone and aura. Implying that they might have played a huge part in his life events but for him, he still wrote and will be writing his own as he pleases. Insinuating that if he claimed to have known his future, he should have known beforehand that the prince lives. And his influence on the seas will echo through eternity.

Gambit puffed once more before continuing his speech, "I shall acknowledge your divine proposition."

The prince has finally been dealt the cards called hands. He wholeheartedly accepted this solemn and ominous overture.

"Let's play your game. I would ridicule myself if I didn't, right? After all, I am The Gambit of the North Blue. I wouldn't be named as such for nothing."

Bring it on Thanatos! Let's play your game of death..., he thought.

What does the future hold for Gambit? Death? Life? Triumph? No. He wanted nothing but the throne.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #15
@Gambit

The Prince wasn’t happy to have his fate been revealed to be the pawn of Hades – his rant regarding being the one to make his own destiny didn’t seem to faze Death itself however. Thanatos is already well-aware of Gambit’s fate, and believes that no amount change would rewrite the fate that has been in-store for Prince Landayan. The Olympian would speak of no more in regards to his fate – shaking his head in response to Landayan’s chiding. A man like Landayan would know not of his fate, only by living through his life would he see the end of his fate and the future in store for him. Thanatos represents Death and Fate, whether Landayan would feel his fate has been decided or not from the start, the Olympian would know, and he would know what would happen next. Prince Landayan himself is unlikely to understand Thanatos’s divination, until he would encounter with Hades for the final time. With the proposition accepted by Gambit, Thanatos would speak once more, his words continue to hold mystery as to what games would be played.

“Thou shalt engage in four different games. One rule thou shalt follow, no violence nor using thy powers.”

A game of death perhaps? But just by hearing the one and only rule – the premise of the games is set – no fighting essentially or even using any powers, whether his devil fruit or even something like Haki. It is enough for Landayan to know what to expect. Suddenly, beside Thanatos a green ethereal-like being manifested, it has no features – but at the very least it is of human-shape, no face – nothing – just an empty body, a soul. The maid would finally leave the room, bowing to both Thanatos and Gambit as she took her leave.

“Thy first game is Rock Scissors Paper. Thou wouldst only need to win thrice.”

Thanatos would speak – a very simple game that Landayan would instantly understood. A game of luck and perhaps even of mind. 1/3 chance of losing, winning and getting into a draw. Is this truly a game of death that Gambit thought it would be? The soul would walk up in front of Gambit as its left hand is raised up into position, clenched. From there the soul awaited Gambit to do the same – as once his opponent is prepared for it, the soul would speak in a ghastly male voice.

“ROCCCKKKSSSSS PAPPEERRRSSSS SCISSSSSSSSSORSSSS!”

What would Gambit do? For one it is an incredible ridiculous game to play for something as dangerous as what is supposed to be a game of death. But the rules are simple, play with Thanatos or whatever Death itself has in mind for the Prince, and the scythe will be loaned. For Death would not go back on his agreement, given Gambit’s understanding of the Olympians, that much is at least understood of Thanatos. More importantly, what will Gambit play?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Having been accepted the proposal, the divine incarnation of Death laid out the mechanics of the game. He said that there would be four games and that neither any sort of power nor any form of Haki should be utilized on this occasion. The prince smirked, understanding the system.

"Four games. That's easy. I don't care what sort of game you want me to play against you. But I will respect the system."

That was his response, smirking, belittling the Olympian's thoughts. He then calmly agreed until he heard perhaps one of the most preposterous things he has ever heard in his entire life. A proposal that would not only ridicule his royal status but the fact that he is currently engaged in the Underworld.

"Gaah?!!"

Gambit couldn't believe what he just heard. It was due to the fact that Thanatos did not only try to humiliate him but had him stuck in a situation that would not only delay his movement but attack the very inside of his personality.

Jack N' Poy!?! he spoke to himself. That term is the one he has known since childhood that follows the same mechanics.

He continued to speak to himself, more than pissed and shocked.

Just what in the world is he trying to do. Does he know who I am!?

I AM LANDAYAN MORROW! THE GAMBIT! THE 14TH ROYAL BLACKSMITH! AND THE PRINCE OF ALL PIRATES!!!

HOW DARE YOU THANATOS!!!

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO RIDICULE ME?

GRRR!!!

But all those are but his infinite frustration and detest with all the evils inside himself. And as a prince and man of honor, he had already agreed upon the proposition. There's no turning back. After all, even Death himself would be playing the same game with him.

"FINE!"

Suddenly, a green ethereal-like substance manifested beside Thanatos before the maiden left the hall. But her leave was something Gambit was not able to focus on at the moment. He was pissed. This soul began to approach the prince to represent Thanatos with the game in his mind. And as simple as that, the first game begins.

On cue, Gambit recited in sync as his right clenched fist as solid as an angry knuckle is raised across the other.

If Gambit could only use his advanced method of Precognition, the foresight, he would have seen what the ether would draw. His only chances are pure luck and his wit. But if the fate of his journey is already set in stone just like Thanatos implied, then a win is nigh.

He recalled, rock is played roughly 35.4 percent of the time per round, paper is played about 35 percent of the time, and scissors is played 29.6 percent of the time.

He would draw rock, so my first draw will be.

Paper!

He shouted (in his head) confidently as all his fingers and the thumb are extended in a way that they all face the same direction.

Did Gambit win the first draw? Only Fate knows.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #16
@Gambit

The surprise of Gambit was rather interesting so as to speak. Though Thanatos did not seem to be bothered by the facial expression that Gambit may be expressing subconsciously from his thoughts. The Prince would accept the first game begrudgingly. As the two competitors stood in front of each other, with the Prince on one side and the soul on the other. Many thoughts were made by Gambit, even considering statistics to further increase his chances of winning. And then the countdown began.

ROCK PAPER SCISSORS.

Both sides would show their hand – with Gambit revealing paper. But, the soul would instead show scissors, prompting a victory for Thanatos or the soul. Gambit did not win the first round, perhaps unlucky for Gambit, it is technically a 33% chance of winning of course. But then it is of no concern for the Prince. The condition after all, is to win three times. Whether Gambit would take upon further thinking of the next draw or not, Thanatos would silently watch, his head would rest upon his right hand seemly uncaring towards the results of the game. The first round is over, and the soul would retract its hand once more, raising it up with a clenched fist.

Once Gambit is ready, he should likely do the same as he did before the first round – moving his hand to the original position. As when he would do so, the soul would speak once more with the same exact words and tone.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

The first out of four games has commenced - Jack N' Poy also known by many as Rock Paper Scissors. Gambit took his chance out of statistical data. For a scientist like him, most of the things people know have a scientific basis, are data-driven and have formulas. From these statistics, he concluded to draw paper, with the presumption that the opponent would play rock. The prince lost the round.

No way!

He went back to the data, the probability between the two elements of science is pretty close. He drew scissors?! But this is not the time to make a fuss about it. Second round, I shall win.

Gambit once again spoke in sync with the ghost.

I'm gonna get you this time. I will employ historical performance in this round. Most people draw paper the first time they lose against it. So...

Rock!

With that in mind, the prince unloose his arm, mirroring the other hand as it went down off the downward swing. Landayan drew a closed knuckle.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #17
@Gambit
The results shocked the prince, his statistical data failed to provide him to any advantage, thus the prince utilize a different metric to gauge the best draw to win against the soul. Thanatos remained quiet as he would, and the second round is gone. Landayan would show his hand to be rock, aiming to use what he determines to be similarly statistically the correct choice. Landayan, however – perhaps a slightly better result, will instead see the soul’s decision, a rock. Similar to Gambit, a closed knuckle was the choice as well. Landayan did not lose this time round, but instead it is to be a draw. But perhaps for the prince, if he isn’t winning then he lost. Is luck that bad for the prince? Is his victory nigh? Or did Gambit overestimate himself? This is the second time which data did not work for the prince. A game with Death perhaps is this hard after all. Thanatos’s facial expression droops a little, watching closely at the game – but he seemed less impressed than he would’ve show with his expressions.

The soul retracts its arm once more, returning back to its original position with a clenched fist. The soul would await Gambit to do the same as it always does. Once Gambit is ready, the soul would speak once more, but this time – his words are just slightly different. Perhaps something is going on? Or is this all but a red herring design to distract Gambit? How would Gambit continue his ways to achieve a win from Thanatos? Utilize data once more? Or perhaps think of something else that would better gave him an advantage.

“SCISSSSSSSSSORSSSS ROCCCKKKSSSSS PAPPEERRRSSSS!”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Gambit lost the first round despite his strategy to leverage on statistics. On the second round, he carried on his experience to draw a win, however, luck is out of his hands on this occasion. His rock drew a draw against the other.

Tch!

They're up for the third round. The spirit positioned his fist and got himself ready for the next bout. Gambit followed. The prince was about to yell the usual cue but the other came out differently.

Gambit: “ROCCCKKKSSSSS PA-”
Ghost: “SCISSSSSSSSSORSSSS ROCCCKKKSSSSS PAPPEERRRSSSS!”

He paused but kept on shaking his clenched fist, following the tempo of the opponent. In his mind, he didn't care what the other was saying. He just has to repeat what his prior analysis was.

Rock!

The same hand gesture the prince came up. And now he's staring at his opponent's hand.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Serapis #18
@Gambit

The third round would start as Gambit played rock once more, but to perhaps a surprise for the scientific mind of the Prince, the soul merely played paper – prompting the second defeat of Gambit in the 3rd round. Now with the second loss, Gambit’s empirical data and his statistical data have both fail to achieve any wins for the prince. Is his data wrong? Or the luck of the man in front of him has shown to be incredible fortune. It is not uncommon for people to even win 3 rounds of rock paper scissors in a row after all. But this had led to Thanatos to merely remark in Gambit’s performance, though he seems bored by which the performance of the Prince has thus far displayed.

“Thy does not seem to understand the game.”

A remark, one that seems to be making fun of Gambit’s performance. But Thanatos words carries no sarcasm, not even a hint of a joke being used. The personification of Death itself has a different way of expressing his words. But aside from the sentence, Thanatos would refuse to speak further if prompted by Gambit. For the prince has to endure the torturous game of rock paper scissors. He would sooner or later have to find another way to defeat Death in such games, but for now the soul would once again raises up its hand – the same as the last three rounds. Waiting for Gambit to do so again, the soul would finally speak in its same dreadful voice, this time the words twists even further.

“PAPEERRRRRRRRRRRRRZ SCIZZORSSSSSS ROCKSSSZZZZZZ!”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Gambit lost again. And it's his second. The current standing is 1-2 in favor of the ghost.

Noooo!!!, he screamed inside his head.

Gwah!

This is a joke! How can my data scientific analysis fail thrice in a row? Did I miscalculate it?! And the historical, it failed as well.

This is not happening! Thanatos might have been laughing out loud right now. He's just not showing that. If I lost this game. How can I face my comrades knowing that in this game of chance, I failed!

Huh?!!

That's right! This is a game of chance. Why am I over-analyzing everything? Even the statistics are not 100% accurate. They are all but a mere probability.

And if that's the case, I just need to play it until I get enough wins.

C'mon Gambit! You are the Prince of all Pirates. Only you can do this. You are number one!

Gambit did no longer followed the cue of the ghost. He just readied his fist, swung it once before drawing the hand sign he wants.

He played Scissors this round.

Top Bottom