Info Story Missions

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sometimes you just want to get away from that daily grind of capturing islands, plundering endless supplies of booty and deciding what NPC you want to heartlessly murder next in your quest for that perfect devil fruit for your besty. Welcome to Story Missions!

Put simply, a Story Mission is any pre-planned quest that you set your character or team of characters upon with the goal of crafting a well-written storyline that you feel may become a good read. This is in contrast to the normal Island Struggle Missions where your goal is to conquer an island by any means necessary and hold it in player versus player death matches for monetary gain. Rules for Story Missions are:

1) Story Missions must be planned ahead of time and submitted for approval to this thread according to the available template. You don't need to wait for approval before beginning the thread, but keep in mind that an unapproved thread isn't viable for Story Mission rewards. Once completed, post the completed Story Mission with a link to the thread in this area.

2) A Story Mission doesn't necessarily require combat to be involved, but there should at least be an identifiable obstacle to overcome with some difficulty and a conclusion of satisfying quality. Two characters sitting down and becoming acquainted with a picnic on the lawn and then departing is not good enough to become a Story Mission unless you add some really good conflict either between the two or between the two and someone else.

3) NPCs aren't necessary, but are likely recommended to craft a good, long story. Canon One Piece characters are available to be used as you please in your Story Mission so long as they're still alive, but may only be killed during the course of it if approved by a GM beforehand. If a canon NPC is stationed on an island they may be reserved for the story mission unless a request has already been made for that NPC to be played by someone for an ensuing Island Struggle.

4) NPCs in your Story Mission can be played by literally anyone of your choosing, including yourself. If someone not taking part in the story as a PC chooses to NPC a Story Mission they will be graded and receive rewards for their character just as if they were playing normally in the Story Mission.

5) Special Story Missions may be announced from time to time with additional rewards aside from the usual experience and beri bounty! These missions will be specially run and NPCed by one of the GMs and may even award rare and coveted devil fruits at completion!

6) Rewards will be based entirely on the quality of an individual's posts in the finished mission and will be awarded separately to each character. The more well-written and entertaining your posts are the better your reward will be in turn. Sure, since you're creating and running your own enemy NPCs you could make them really easy to defeat and complete your mission in a snap, but your rewards will be awful due to your lack of any real effort. Make it good. Attempts to abuse this system by making several small and insignificant missions in quick succession will be punished with minimal or even zero rewards.

Rewards are as follows:
Rating Performance: 1-1,000 experience and 1,000,000-10,000,000 beri
Number of Posts: 1 for every post (each character has a separate count)
Multiply both.
In a solo thread, a post will be counted as every 15 lines (not including paragraph spaces).

Story Mission Submission Template:
Code:
[b]Mission Location:[/b] Location where the Story Mission will take place
[b]Participants:[/b] Who will be playing and earning rewards for this mission
[b]Overview:[/b] A brief synopsis of what will happen in the Story Mission. You don't need to be too detailed here.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Story Mission: Shattering Glass
Mission Location: North Blue, Boyka Country
Participants: @Kagura @Hatz (Host)
Overview: An arduous and consistent training made Ross a strong apprentice being a Revolutionary agent. She lives a herculean life of harmony and content, completely uninvolved with the tense battles against powerful corrupted nations. However, the sudden severe task assigned to her group (Flying Vales) brought Ross to the most atrocious situations. Ross soon discovers that there are people who suffered even more than her. She fights against the cruel world she once envisioned as an ideal place, in the country Bokya. (Bōkyaku 忘却, literally meaning Oblivion)

Last edited:

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Story Mission: Shattering Glass
Mission Location: North Blue, Boyka Country
Participants: @Kagura @Hatz (Host)
Overview: An arduous and consistent training made Ross a strong apprentice being a Revolutionary agent. She lives a herculean life of harmony and content, completely uninvolved with the tense battles against powerful corrupted nations. However, the sudden severe task assigned to her group (Flying Vales) brought Ross to the most atrocious situations. Ross soon discovers that there are people who suffered even more than here. She fights against the cruel world she once envisioned as an ideal place in the country Bokya. (Bōkyaku 忘却, literally meaning Oblivion)
you will have to wait till both the stuff in your approval thread is sorted, and kagura leaves drum before you can do this. so for now this is pending approval

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Can i retool this into a story mission once i get out of drum? @BongoJohnson seems to be missing.
https://thrillerbark.com/threads/invasion-of-f-beat-island.961/
Is there a way to get a Musicianship substat boost thingy from this?
The in story reason why i'm there is to get my weapon/instrument crafted. I'm willing to pay the scientist fees for that instead of asking a fellow Revo.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Can i retool this into a story mission once i get out of drum? @BongoJohnson seems to be missing.
https://thrillerbark.com/threads/invasion-of-f-beat-island.961/
Is there a way to get a Musicianship substat boost thingy from this?
The in story reason why i'm there is to get my weapon/instrument crafted. I'm willing to pay the scientist fees for that instead of asking a fellow Revo.
Story missions take place in canon locations, are you taking part in any of those?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Last edited:

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Icetime if he was level 100 story.
denied, on various grounds. they are canon so he would have to be that strong already, not a story as its just using an rp merchanic that just helps to show how strong people are in story missions etc

also didnt use the template

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Mission Location: Kingdom of Encantadia
Participants: @Gambit and @Captain Khan as a host for many NPC
Overview: Death of the current king of Encantadia forced Gambit to return to his hometown. From the New World, he would traverse the seas to reach East Blue where his land is situated. Along his journey, he would meet new allies which will soon be part of his troops together with T-Bag. Upon reaching the kingdom, we will be exposed to the truth about his past and bloodline which will change the course of his path.

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Mission Location: Kingdom of Encantadia
Participants: @Gambit and @Captain Khan as a host for many NPC
Overview: Death of the current king of Encantadia forced Gambit to return to his hometown. From the New World, he would traverse the seas to reach East Blue where his land is situated. Along his journey, he would meet new allies which will soon be part of his troops together with T-Bag. Upon reaching the kingdom, we will be exposed to the truth about his past and bloodline which will change the course of his path.
pending approval. still havent finalized if custom islands/locations are allowed or not

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Mission Location: Sea Pixie on its way to Baltigo
Participants: @Ziosa
Overview: After finding an odd sword in the snow on Drum Island she wasnt able to take much time to investigate it, now it is over Jade now has the time to study it; and possibly find out what it is

Automatically approved as the only reward is using the Cursed Weapons ability

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So we can use custom islands for story missions now, right?
Should i put the details about my story mission and the island its on into the approval forum?
I'm too low level right now to actually do the mission (it was originally planned for 2 people as a special bg at level 35, so level 40-45 should be minimum, i think), but approving it might take some time, too.

Top Bottom