One Piece SWORD Members and the Past Scars Theory

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I looked over Koby and X Drake's backstories and noticed how they both always wanted to be Marines and were forced onto pirate crews (plus they also have a crossed shape scar on their face but that's neither here nor there).

Then you have Akainu whom was drawn in an SBS as a child aspiring to be a marine with a poor background. Aokiji also carries the poor background and somehow found his way as a marine:

Both of them are suspected sword members (and Akainu fits the mold I just presented on top of having a sword tattoo in his later years).

And since all we have to go off of are Sword tattoos, I'm going to make an educated guess that some Sword members will actually just have the cross scar (as an indicator for certain members that don't bear the tattoo).

The one exception to this may be Law/Sengoku since they both have had some weird conversations with/about X Drake... and it's possible that Law became a marine plant (especially with the advent of the Rocky Port incident)... and the fact that Sengoku was disappointed he lost the Barrels pirates.

So the other characters I believe to be SWORD members are: Ben Beckman (undercover watching Shanks), Fujitora (recently added but disobedient), Green Bull (another trustworthy asset to Akainu).

Beckman makes sense given him being the smartest man in the East Blue and his scar. While Fujitora is scarred and was drafted by Akainu personally. Same goes for GB as a trustworthy asset

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepeclown: first theory saying Beckman is an undercover marine...lmao nice analysis, I can see it comming true lmao

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepeclown: first theory saying Beckman is an undercover marine...lmao nice analysis, I can see it comming true lmao
I can't believe how fool Shanks will be, a trusted puppet of Im sama, not knowing Ben's footsteps..
Lol easy there guys. It's just rather odd the smartest man in the East Blue hasn't been able to showcase his intelligence yet. The other smartest people in the East Blue were Kuro and Nami. Both of whom betrayed their crews at some point in the story. Thus it'd be interesting if Ben Beckman was playing everyone the whole time or had a change of heart after being with Shanks for some time.

It's just odd we've never seen him do anything with that intellect and we have that precedent with the other top three smartest characters in the East Blue.

So either way I slice it, Ben Beckman could be the ultimate plant and maybe even a head of SWORD

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lol easy there guys. It's just rather odd the smartest man in the East Blue hasn't been able to showcase his intelligence yet. The other smartest people in the East Blue were Kuro and Nami. Both of whom betrayed their crews at some point in the story. Thus it'd be interesting if Ben Beckman was playing everyone the whole time or had a change of heart after being with Shanks for some time.

It's just odd we've never seen him do anything with that intellect and we have that precedent with the other top three smartest characters in the East Blue.

So either way I slice it, Ben Beckman could be the ultimate plant and maybe even a head of SWORD
what if he is still a Shanks pirate but now an undercover Sword agent and feeding Shanks intel of evrything :weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Guess we have to realize what SWORD is for in tje first place

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Guess we have to realize what SWORD is for in tje first place
I just watched JBs new theory about it and damn....he was onpoint, but he didnt mention the Beckman intel idea, could explain why Beckman went against Kizaru :pepeclown: "ooooh Ben Beckman"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I just watched JBs new theory about it and damn....he was onpoint, but he didnt mention the Beckman intel idea, could explain why Beckman went against Kizaru :pepeclown: "ooooh Ben Beckman"
What theory and what does it point out about SWORD's existence?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What theory and what does it point out about SWORD's existence?
JoyBoy kind of alluded to it being all about absolute justice under Akainu. So he was really talking about their place and future in the story instead of potential members.

My only issue with it is that he never really touches on Koby, since Koby is the one odd man out when it comes to absolute justice. I may have to rewatch it to see if I missed anything about his theory

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
JoyBoy kind of alluded to it being all about absolute justice under Akainu. So he was really talking about their place and future in the story instead of potential members.

My only issue with it is that he never really touches on Koby, since Koby is the one odd man out when it comes to absolute justice. I may have to rewatch it to see if I missed anything about his theory
Re u saying that they have poorly sourced Coby as one of em when their absolute existence implies on absolute justice?

• Haha

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Yes and he brought the Corazon/Barrels/Pirate situation together and gave it sense, bt yeah Koby maybe will be the one who will find out about the dark secrets of the World Government at that point

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Because of Drake mission I expect that SWORDs member used to make crazy undercover mission for the Marines(not WG).

Thats why I think (like almost everyone else) that Corazon was a member of SWORD.

and it's possible that Law became a marine plant (especially with the advent of the Rocky Port incident)...
I doubt Law is working for Marine, but its possible Law has knowledge about SWORD from Corazon. I bet Rockyport was Coby First undercover mission and he end up allying up with Law. Leading Coby becoming famous and Law becoming a Shichibukai.
(I also think that there would have been a different Interactions between Law and Drake or Law and Sengoku if Law would have been a member of Marine).

The next one I expect to be a member of SWORD is Garp. Not only is he the one who trained Coby but also that the Rockyport accident seem to have a few similiarties with the God Valley accident.
Both Allied up with a pirate for the greater good not seeing themselves as heroes.

I also would take Issho and "Green Bull" from the list. They became Admirals through world military draft hinting that they were not Part of Marines before. They we're most likely Part of the military of WG allied nations similiar to Shaka from Alabasta just much stronger.

But Beckmann being a Marine spy is actually a funny Idea.
I can't believe how fool Shanks will be, a trusted puppet of Im sama, not knowing Ben's footsteps..
Therefore Ben Beckmann would have to be a CP member and not SWORD. I think SWORD is Marine only and that neither Gorosei nor Im-sama know about it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Re u saying that they have poorly sourced Coby as one of em when their absolute existence implies on absolute justice?
Yeah, I really don't see them adding Coby, unless it's because of his history combined with him being one of the all-star up and coming marines... or because Oda really wants a "good guy" detective thing thrown into SWORD since Garp's buddy Bogard is based on a detective character from an american film and Kuzan himself is based on a certain actor that played a detective.

Because of Drake mission I expect that SWORDs member used to make crazy undercover mission for the Marines(not WG).

Thats why I think (like almost everyone else) that Corazon was a member of SWORD.

I doubt Law is working for Marine, but its possible Law has knowledge about SWORD from Corazon. I bet Rockyport was Coby First undercover mission and he end up allying up with Law. Leading Coby becoming famous and Law becoming a Shichibukai.
(I also think that there would have been a different Interactions between Law and Drake or Law and Sengoku if Law would have been a member of Marine).

The next one I expect to be a member of SWORD is Garp. Not only is he the one who trained Coby but also that the Rockyport accident seem to have a few similiarties with the God Valley accident.
Both Allied up with a pirate for the greater good not seeing themselves as heroes.

I also would take Issho and "Green Bull" from the list. They became Admirals through world military draft hinting that they were not Part of Marines before. They we're most likely Part of the military of WG allied nations similiar to Shaka from Alabasta just much stronger.

But Beckmann being a Marine spy is actually a funny Idea.

Therefore Ben Beckmann would have to be a CP member and not SWORD. I think SWORD is Marine only and that neither Gorosei nor Im-sama know about it.
I think Law would have been a helper after meeting Sengoku since he would probably have some respect for undercover guys because of Corazon.. So I think it's possible he will help Drake.

I still think Issho and Green Bull are Sword because they were personally drafted by Akainu, which means they are guys that Akainu trusts and is familiar with.

It'd be interesting for Shanks to be a traitor... but I think Shanks is just going to be a really shady, but good guy (like Urahara from Bleach). I think Shanks is just based on Leif Erikson and Erik the Red given his ship and Oda's love for vikings.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I still think Issho and Green Bull are Sword because they were personally drafted by Akainu, which means they are guys that Akainu trusts and is familiar with
They were drafted because they are overpowered not because they had a special relationship with Sakazuki.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This one I believed to be highly possible. If that's the case then Sengoku and Aokiji may be planting crazy shits ever since.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
They were drafted because they are overpowered not because they had a special relationship with Sakazuki.
I still think it's possible for them to be chosen because Sakazuki was familiar with them to some capacity. The way the three of those guys interact seems like that of old friends.

Top Bottom