Powers & Abilities Tashigi has got exoskeleton, as well as Law

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So Vergo’s CoA haki was confirmed as top tier in chapter 1039.

Let’s recall scenes where Vergo was able to scar and fracture Law’s head with just CoA alone (see how Vergo is not exerting any power behind his hits, so all the damage comes from the hardness he puts on)

(see the “wham” sound and see the cut on Law’s right temple)

Additionally see how Law coughs after getting hit by Vergo’s kick, which, is not enhanced by CoA (or else it would do more Damage considering the panels above) which highlights the physical damage capability of Vergo who just performs a

In chapter 1039 Law was already heavy damaged yet managed to tank a barrage of Big Mom’s CoA enhanced punches

Notice how Law never coughs (sign of internal damage) or gets a bone broken from Big Mom.

This means Vergo’s CoA haki is SIGNIFICANTLY above Big Mom who with much higher attack power still can’t come close to the damage capability (DC) of Vergo who only uses CoA. Even with a regular kick he imparts significantly more damage than BM can dish out with CoA-infused hits

Tashigi could tank a (seemingly) enraged Vergo’s CoA hit, while Law was suffering heavy damage from causal hits by Vergo

To further prove this notion, later on she goes on to fight Monet, and while her subordinates easily get their flesh ripped off, Tashigi doesn’t when she gets bitten the same way

think Law must have this to withstand BMs punches and not get a bone broken. still his level of durability doesn’t compare to Tashigi who could walk off Vergo’s punch without getting a cut like Law.

Tashigi is a skilled and strong swordswoman, and we all know she is Kuina only with some kind of stolen or forgotten memory of it. For Tashigi to be neck to neck with Zoro, she will need a buffed physique (Tashigi’s physical power is overlooked but anyway). Oda highlighted how she had a deep desire to get stronger and not ever feel the sting of impotency in her job to enforce what she feels is (true) justice in the face of evil

For that end, if she had the opportunity she would have wanted to acquire a hardened body, even at the risk of her life. I believe she became a test subject for Vegapunk, and as fortune had it, the operation was a success and she got the vaunted exoskeleton she needed to get stronger in the NW.

I can’t find the panels right now so I’ll just show the anime, and my impression from reading the manga was she was on familiar terms with Vegapunk (why is that

Hope you found it interesting and share your thoughts on the topic. Cheers!

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Interesting find. I still dont believe Oda is aware of his inconsistency but what you point out is relative to it. I never thought that Tashigi is so durable, makes just more sense to keep her for the final arc.

Vergo was a great tool and I can imagine Oda going back to him and using him as centric point to have CoA references and maybe some senseful scaling.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vergo was Doflamingo's lackey, and Doflamingo was Kaido's lackey.

Is this a serious thread.

This may be akin to seeing Gin later (chronologically, he's from like +18 years ago irl).
- Vergo is from like +3-4 years ago.

Tashigi having an exoskeleton is more interesting than previous Vergo fanaticism.
- However, Tashigi taking a hit from Vergo to constitute her having an exoskeleton is flimsy reasoning.

Finally, the world government may be skeptical about pursuing large-scale experiments on such a minor ranking officer. I would expect something like an exoskeleton to be used for an entirely separate military force in the World Government if there was anything like it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
- However, Tashigi taking a hit from Vergo to constitute her having an exoskeleton is flimsy reasoning
I just try to make sense why she can have such high durability which is considerably higher than Law’s. It’s purely speculative but based on a tenable connection between her and Vegapunk
Finally, the world government may be skeptical about pursuing large-scale experiments on such a minor ranking officer.
Agree
I would expect something like an exoskeleton to be used for an entirely separate military force in the World Government if there was anything like it.
Yes, the new generation of pacifistas need to be better built than the previous ones of Kuma.
Vergo was Doflamingo's lackey, and Doflamingo was Kaido's lackey.
Doflamingo was also originally planned on being the right hand of Kaido and show up in Wano (Oda said in an interview).

Doflamingo is a powerful warlord, the strongest as Mihawk is on Vista’s level, and Doflamingo made Jozu (who has a higher standing than Vista) into a chair. Mihawk doesn’t have any better feats than Doflamingo.

Doflamingo is insanely overpowered, and with that said, Vergo is not an underling to Doflamingo, he is a partner of Doffy. Meaning they’re of equal rank (captain is the figurehead of the crew and organisation, but them being partners means they’re not different in standing to one another). Roger and Rayleigh were also officially partners, and Rayleigh is held to be a legend. Doflamingo is more powerful than Vergo I believe (though this chapter Kaido emphasises that haki> devil fruit) but Vergo is so strong to not be considered to have inferior standing to him. That says it all

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Or what happened is just that Law's durability has been increased since the time he fought Vergo.

Also, Tashigi clearly did not tank Vergo's hit; She was clearly badly damaged by it, and fell down helplessly, just being able to cry and ask for Smoker's help until Sanji appeared to save the day.

Vergo was in fact very durable and strong though, but he wasn't really trying much when he hit Tashigi; That wasn't a straight punch in her face.

Top Bottom