Creative The Nico Robin: Rokushiki Style Project

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Welcome to the Nico Robin: Rokushiki Style Project!!!

(Title card artwork by Bokuman)

This is a project that I've been working on since '07 that is about what it would be like if Nico Robin or any user of the Hana Hana no mi/Flower Flower fruit in general were a master of Rokushiki, the same fighting style used by members of the World government, especially CP9. The main purpose for this project is to see what kind of and how many techniques can be created from the combined power of the hana hana no mi and Rokushiki. So basically, this is a 'what if'/fictional martial science project made just for pure fun. Now the reason why I've chosen her for this project is because after seeing her devil fruit abilities in action as well as doing some studies on her, I became very interested in her due to her powers having so much amazing potential that it can open up great possibilities if either she were a martial artist or if her fruit were in the hands of an already skilled martial artist. I am also planning on turning this into a comic series that will showcase the combined usage of the Rokushiki and Hana Hana no mi abilities in action.

Now without further ado, Here's the moveset!

(Btw, some techniques have pics. Click on a technique name bold in blue to view an illustration/sketch of it!! It should be noted that some of these pics are drawn by me while others are drawn by artists that I had commission and collaborated with throughout the years for this awesome project!)

(Warning: It's a LONG read)

? Click here to see the movelist!! ?​

• UPDATE 10/18/20:
    • I’ve added voice clips next to some of the technique names in the form of small sound icons! Just click on them to hear em! The voice has been provided by the talented LeaderLooi who you can find more of her work here and follow her here

I'll be updating this every now and then when I get the chance. BTW, you guys are welcome to help out if you want, like come up with more attacks, better names, descriptions, or even pointing out some stuff that needs to be corrected. And remember, this is not meant to be too serious, just only for fun.

Oh and don't forget to be creative, OK? ;)

Btw, just in case for those of you who don't know what rokushiki is:

Info: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Rokushiki

17 minute video of the entire style from the anime:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NSRkdOEarUnfDB027w-2CW09thkuCPwX

and Pics from the manga and anime: http://s123.photobucke****m/albums/o319/joesephes/Rokushiki/

Finally, if you want to see all the artworks of the project without having to scroll through the movelist to find them, go here! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
UPDATE 9/4/19:

9 new techniques have been added to the Misc/Other section, along with 3 new techniques in Soru section with 1 already existing technique finally given a name!

First, here are the three techniques for the Soru section and the finally named one. They are all techniques for the Ballet der Wirrwasser (Confusing Stream ballet in German) style. For those who want to know what style is, here's the description:

Ballet der Wirrwasser (Confusing Stream ballet in German)(N)(OB) - A moving technique that revolves around using aspects of Soru, Geppo, Kaika Geppo, Kaika Soru: Heki, & Kami-e: Gen where Robin moves around silently while at the same time moving fluidly like water, rapidly alternating between fast and slow movements and confusing her opponents due to the fluid motion and continuously changing speed, all while using aspects of Kaika Geppo and Heki to make herself look like she's hovering throughout the technique.
As you can see, this technique is an homage to Aoshi Shinomori, a character from Rorouni Kenshin which Oda worked on as an assistant artist for the series' creator back in the day. Anyway, while I did come up with some techniques for this sub-style, I didn't bother to add them because I want to give them Russian names in order to have them fit the elegant theme of the sub-style but since I don't know Russian, I went and held off until I was able to find someone who DOES know Russian and thanks to an awesome person (who's username that I don't remember but I know him/her from OP amino), I finally was able to give 3 of these techniques Russian names!

• Спиральный Цветочный Штормовой Меч танец (Spiral Flower Storm Sword Dance in Russian)(N)(H)(OB)(C) - One of the few follow up attacks after Ballet der Wirrwasser. Robin simply spins around once like a ballerina at an instantaneous speed while cutting the enemy with three legs (two sprouted and one real or only three sprouted) via Kaika Rankyaku.
  • Смертени рукои танец (Lethal Hand Dance in Russian)(SK)(N)(H)(OB)(C) - One of the few follow up attacks after Ballet der Wirrwasser. Robin simply slashes at her opponent from various points with either Rante or her claws via Rantsume (using her fingernails that she sharpened using Seimei Kikan) while still moving around the target in a dance like motion.
  • (??? in Russian)(N)(H)(OB)(C) - Robin basically flip kicks upward while cutting the target with Rankyaku.
  • Торнадо волос Танец (Tornado Hair Dance in Russian)(SK)(N)(H)(OB)(C) - One of the few follow up attacks after Ballet der Wirrwasser. Robin, right after quickly extending her hair by blooming more with her powers and braid it up with Seimei Kikan while she herself is still moving, spins towards her target with her hair outward striking her enemy as if she were a spinning top.

Now here are the nine new techniques for the Misc/Other section, all which are more techniques that utilizes the Cabello Fleur "Seimei kikan" (Hair Flower “life return”) technique.

• Ketou (Hair sword) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - In this bizarre technique, Robin blooms out a long line of hair out of her hand and shapes it into a sword, then hardens it with Haki! Much safer to use than Tsuru-tou. She can also multiply this technique with both of her original hands (making it a dual set) or/and even her sprouted arms, with each arm wielding a hair sword.
    • Cho Ketou (Great hair sword) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - A much stronger and sturdier version of Hair sword that is also a combined version of Tsuru-tou and Ketou that utilizes sprouted replicas of both hair AND limbs (the arms and hands specifically) with the hair being the cover of the sword and limbs being the support. She can also multiply this technique with both of her original hands (making it a dual set) or/and even her sprouted arms, with each arm wielding a hair sword.
      • Sasubana (Sting Flower) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - A dashing thrust where Robin first goes into a pose by dropping into a partial crouch, both knees bent, left arm drawn back and right arm extended forward, then uses Soru (or Senkou) to charge at her target at blinding superhuman speed as she thrusts her hair sword forward with the same thrusting speed and power as Shigan! She can also use both Soru and Geppo to do an aerial version of this technique while in the air!
      • Sensuibana (Diving Flower) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - A diving thrust where Robin, while in the air, uses Geppo (or an enhanced variant of Geppo) to burst forward down diagonally at her target with her hair sword head first.
      • Jōshōbana (Rising flower) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - An anti-air style attack where she rises into the air with an upward arc slash.
      • Zerobana (Zero Flower) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - A very powerful point blank version of Sasubana. Nuff said.
  • Keyari (Hair lance) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - Another much stronger and sturdier version of Hair sword that is also a combined version of Tsuru-tou and hair sword that utilizes sprouted replicas of both hair AND limbs (the arms and hands specifically), only this time, instead of a sword, she has them take the shape of a strong lance.
  • Ketate (Hair shield) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - In this bizarre technique, Robin blooms out a bunch of hair out of her hand and forearm and shapes it into circular pattern, becoming like a shield, then hardens it with Haki! Much safer to use than Kinsenjun. She can also multiply this technique with both of her original arms (or even create a larger one using both arms) or/and even her sprouted arms, with each arm wielding a hair shield.
    • KyōdaiŌu (Mighty shield) (OB)(C)(HO)(SK)(M)(N) - This is a much stronger and sturdier version of Ketate that is also a combined version of Ketate and Kinsenjun that is a very useful technique that utilizes sprouted replicas of both hair AND limbs (the arms and hands specifically) with the hair being the cover of the shield and limbs being the support. It starts off with Robin first sprouting multiple arms out of one of her original arms in a circular pattern until they form a shield (Calendula), with hands blooming out of the sides of the arms horizontally and holding on to them as well as each other to keep the whole thing sturdy. Then, she blooms out much hair out of those very same arms and uses Seimei Kikan to have them wrap around the entire "Shield of limbs" in a way that makes it look like a sturdy shield and hardens the whole thing (both hair and limbs) with Busoshoku Haki: Koka, which all results in creating a powerful shield to defend against attacks with. She can even harden it further with Tekkai for extra support. She can also multiply this technique with both of her original arms (or even create a larger one using both arms) or/and even her sprouted arms, with each arm wielding a hair shield.
And that is all for now. Btw, as you all may have noticed, 4 of the above techniques (Sasubana, Sensuibana, Jōshōbana, and Zerobana) are all homages to Sajemi Saito, another character from Rorouni Kenshin and one of my personal favorite swordsmen for that series.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
UPDATE 10/5/19:

Two more techniques added to the Soru section, both which are techniques that I came up with and wrote in the WIP doc back in 2016 but never added in the main doc due to hesitation. But now thanks to me gaining a bit of confidence along with getting a huge case of "Fuck it", I decided to grow a pair and add them anyway. Now on to the to techniques:

• No Soru (To not shave) (N)(M)(ONL) - A unique form of soru where Robin uses sprouted legs to execute Soru instead of her normal legs, allowing Robin to use the enhanced attributes that Soru grants (which includes the ability to not only move at vanishing speed but also to attack at greater speed and power) without the need of executing Soru the normal way to gain them, opening up a pathway to a whole set of new techniques as well as to move at vanishing speed more constantly and seamlessly without to "charge up" and "recharge" so to speak, which can lead to VERY strategic uses with this technique. There is quite a trick or two to this technique which includes sprouting the extra legs out of a proper sized object (one that has enough room to bloom fully grown legs out of) that is not in the enemy's sight in order to create the illusion that she can use soru without using the proper sequence to execute the technique as well as the illusion that she can naturally attack at speeds and power at "beyond superhuman levels" without executing some technique to do so. Now despite the benefits of this, there are some drawbacks, such as the increase being only lasting for a couple of seconds, along with the fact that this is merely a circumstantial technique that can only be done depending on the location, not to mention that this must be done with caution since overdoing this technique without giving herself some time to cool down in between successions can cause heart problems since the body only endure so much blood flow and metabolism boosts at such high rates.
    • Gen'ei ken (Illusion fist) (N)(M)(ONL) - A fighting style that uses No Soru to attack and defend at greater speeds and power while standing in place, resulting in the user's attacks being so fast that it looks like the targets are being hit by afterimages of the appendages she/he is attacking with, thus the name of the style. This can be further enhanced with observation haki and the "hyperblooming" variation of the hana hana no mi to make it appear that the user is so godlike fast that he/she is like a super-psychic being that is almost untouchable.

And before any of you ask, yes, the name of the technique "No Soru" does sound crappy but it's a working title for now until I can come up with a better name. -_-

Currently thinking of one of these names:

• Diminuer (French for Shave)
  • Kosui Soru (Japanese for Tricky Shave)
  • Musei Soru (Japanese for Silent Shave)

Please comment to let me know which one you think is best. Anyway, here's a more in-depth explanation of how the two above techniques work. First off, like the Moth Orchid and Flower Umbrella, these technique are circumstantial ones for the following reasons, which are all requirements in order to use them, let alone use them successfully:

1. They require the user to completely memorize and be fully aware of the surroundings of the entire location he/she is in.This even includes areas of the location that he/she will not be able to see at the moment of the situation but still knows of them in order to sprout limbs at said areas.
  2. They require using properly sized objects that have the right amount of space on its surface to allow the user to bloom fully grown legs out of it .
  3. There must be said objects present at said areas at the time of the situation.
  4. The said objects must be with in the user's "producing range" (as in if the user's blooming radius is as far as, for example, 2 miles at maximum, then those said objects must be somewhere within that 2 mile radius).

To help explain all this further, I even made a rough diagram sketch to at least show how the process for the Gen'ei ken (Illusion fist) is done:

Using the aspects of this technique with Kaika Soru "Heki" and Kaika Soru "Senkou" will eliminate the flower petal giveaway and the second long start up time respectively, along with making said techniques much safer and easier to use.

Now before I end this update, I will admit that all this sound very confusing at first but think about it. While the sprouted legs (full grown legs to be exact) may be doing the execution of the technique (which is kicking the ground 10 times in a blink of an eye , resulting in pumping up the body's metabolism and blood flow to high levels), the increased speed and power still gets transferred into the main body since we all know that anything that effects the bloomed replica of a limb effects the user (like an injury, enemy's devil fruit abilities that revolves around skin contact, etc.). So it's quite obvious that if said negative effects can effect the user that way, should it be the same for body enhancing effects as well? :)

Ok, here's an example:

Let's say a dirty boxer (who is a Hana Hana no mi user) is fighting in a match with his opponent and is fighting normally and fair at the moment, and he is losing. Then some time later, during a 1 minute break after the bell rang at the end of the let's say, 7th round, he sprouts a limb in his locker room where he has someone there on standby who injects a syringe of steroids into the arm which the effects then transfers into the boxer himself to make him stronger than ever before for the rest of the match, all while fooling people, including his opponent, into thinking that he was holding back for the first seven rounds and now is getting serious when in reality, he was beefed up with steroids during that very break.

Do you see where I'm getting at now? I hope you all do! ;)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Dimineur sounds best for Robin
Dimineur it is! (y)
[automerge]1583810571[/automerge]
Wow, it's been a few months, hasn't it?

Anyway, Just to let everyone know that I also have a fan manga that a myself and a friend of mine have been working on called "Robin: The Rokushiki Demon"! You can check out the first six pages of it below:

Page 7 is currently not ready yet but I will post it soon once it's finished! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The idea is great!
And the comic pages look amazing!

Didn't read through the attack list yet... But still wanna Share a few ideas that come to my mind hoping there is something new.

Especially there are tons of possibilities to combine Robins DF with Tobu Shigan shown by Stussy. Since you let Robin fight with Doflamingo you can create Robins version of Bird Cage. Robin creating a dome of hands surrounding the enemy then shooting Tobi Shigan from every roomangle. Noehere to hide and nowhere to run.

Another thing could be Bluenos Tekkai Rin. Giving objects 4-6 legs and then use Tekkai Rin. Imagine multiple Tekkai Rin spinning towards the enemy from different directions while yourself standing safe in the distancs.

Or giving heavy objects legs and use Geppo to catapult them to the air throwing them towards the enemy.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm lazy so I haven't read the techniques but this was something that came to mind:

Originally I wanted the hana hana no mi in the opening tournament for my 1 movement speed Joby. The idea was that I could thrown my tiger fork like a spear or spin it like a throwing axe and when it missed my opponent or cut through something, the Hana could spawn an arm out of the ground of a wall or my opponent's back to grab the tiger fork and throw it in a different direction or spawn two arms to grab it and perform a specific technique without the user having to move from their position in the battle.

So, Rokushiki exclusive variant would be flying shigans being redirected and ricocheted off of hands with tekkai applied to the palms to work the projectiles into impossible to dodge angles at the opponents vitals, all without having to move position.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The idea is great!
And the comic pages look amazing!

Didn't read through the attack list yet... But still wanna Share a few ideas that come to my mind hoping there is something new.

Especially there are tons of possibilities to combine Robins DF with Tobu Shigan shown by Stussy. Since you let Robin fight with Doflamingo you can create Robins version of Bird Cage. Robin creating a dome of hands surrounding the enemy then shooting Tobi Shigan from every roomangle. Noehere to hide and nowhere to run.

Another thing could be Bluenos Tekkai Rin. Giving objects 4-6 legs and then use Tekkai Rin. Imagine multiple Tekkai Rin spinning towards the enemy from different directions while yourself standing safe in the distancs.

Or giving heavy objects legs and use Geppo to catapult them to the air throwing them towards the enemy.

Thanks for the ideas, man! Btw, don't be afraid of take the time to read the techniques in the doc, everyone. I believe you'll like what you see, especially since some of them have sketches and illustrations of them, along with some side comments (which you can see on the right) that goes into a bit more detail about certain techniques. ;)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thanks for the ideas, man! Btw, don't be afraid of take the time to read the techniques in the doc, everyone. I believe you'll like what you see, especially since some of them have sketches and illustrations of them, along with some side comments (which you can see on the right) that goes into a bit more detail about certain techniques. ;)
Can we have your permission to inspire an attack for RP using these?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Join RP then.. There are no longer a single marines there.. They all converted to piracy... Lmao
Well to be honest, I suck at RP. I tried that at Tumblr years ago which was mainly to promote the project and it didn't work out. lol

But I might consider it in the future.
[automerge]1583936855[/automerge]
So to those of you who actually read it, what do you think of it so far? :)
[automerge]1593294540[/automerge]
Finally hired a voice actress and had her voiced a bunch of techniques from my movelist document! I went ahead and updated my old Soru and Senkou video with two of the recordings and it came out pretty nice! ;

I still have a lot of other recordings that I plan to use in future videos and stuff so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've always loved the Rokushiki Robin project, I'm going to check out this video

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Just so you guys know that I'm still working on the next video so in the meantime, here are some more recordings of her saying some of the techniques to tie you guys over until then.

[automerge]1603049025[/automerge]
UPDATE 10/18/20:

I’ve added voice clips next to some of the technique names in the form of small sound icons! Just click on them to hear em! The voice has been provided by the talented LeaderLooi who you can find more of her work here and follow her here!
[automerge]1635117961[/automerge]
Finally, after a full year, I'm brining this project back to life here! Also, a WIP preview of what's to come in a future update:

Drawn by Nez from Twitter. Will be finished soon!

Last edited:
Top Bottom