The Philosophical Corner

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hello, I am in a philosophical mood and I thought perhaps there are likeminded people out there who has some really interesting problems that could need a dose of discussion and reflections.
Here in this thread you can come with ideas, thoughts, paradoxes, things that may seem obvious but when you think about it maybe isn't.
Any and all is welcome here, and I can kickstart this by asking you all;

What is your stance on time? Does it exist? Why or why not?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really wish this particular thread interested people more.

My stance on time from a philosophical viewpoint (and not a physics or biology standpoint) is that our perception of it can change depending on our individual situations. For example when I was cramming for College the immediate time seemed slow as hell while the sense of when the last semester ended seemed so recent. Another common one is that time feels slower the younger you are.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Another common one is that time feels slower the younger you are.
Yea this. It's why as I am turning older I feel like I am becoming more nostalgic and depressed because it feels like the time has slipped away from me. I think its something to do with the child wonder and discovery of so many new things that I guess makes time feel so slow when you're younger. When you get older a year feels like not as long of a time as when you were young.

Does anyone here have any thoughts about death? Is it a good thing that we have a limited amount of time to do stuff and that some of us are given a life completely at random - some of us are more well off than others and such... Have you given yourself any purpose or reason to feel alive? Do we need any?

In my opinion I believe that while I know my time is short, I want to do what I can to help people while I am here, and also learn new things and find a way to be truly happy.
[automerge]1628601724[/automerge]

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hello, I am in a philosophical mood and I thought perhaps there are likeminded people out there who has some really interesting problems that could need a dose of discussion and reflections.
Here in this thread you can come with ideas, thoughts, paradoxes, things that may seem obvious but when you think about it maybe isn't.
Any and all is welcome here, and I can kickstart this by asking you all;

What is your stance on time? Does it exist? Why or why not?
Time is byproduct of geometry of the universe in our 3d dimension. Universe itself doesnt have time or experience it in any way. Its just an object with all information in it. And “now” that we expierence is just part of universe. Past is not real but at the same time it is.

Top Bottom