Event The Primordial Saga (Treasure Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Lia the Avatism:
The Mad Doctor & The Beruki

@kakashi19283

Pannotia
Lia must die here. The order from the Admiral came down. The long road of Pangea had led them here. Standing over the unconscious Lia, the Avatism, the enemy of the world, the two men of would-be legend of Pangea would stand in opposite corners. Kizaru had truth to his words. The blood, the potential, it could be catastrophic. He himself had seen Lia go rouge, and had a massive wound to show for it. Leo also made sense, as one who would bear the burden of family - how could he save the world, if he could not save his world? There was no right or wrong - only Justice.

Justices would clash. Here, in the floating science hub of Pangea, Justice would prevail. For whoever would win, became Justice.

Admiral Kizaru would sigh deeply upon hearing Leo’s words. He too knew it was to come to this. Chapter Black and the Avatism were in their hands. Though no one knew who the spy was, who G was, the uprising had been subdued. In what would be called the Great Pangea War, heroes would be named. Yet, depending on how this battle would go, whose Hero would be determined. Kizaru audibly complained and joked how scary Leo and his resolve were. The Admiral was also heavily wounded - who knows how powerful he would be if he didn’t have most of his strength gone. Leo the same. Yet, their stance never wavered.

[Kizaru] “I know. I know. Jeez. I’m trembling here. What a pain…!”

The Great Power raised his hands crossed, his eyes sunk - light brimmed.
[Kizaru] “Whatever happens, you have my respect, Leo-san.”

—————————————————-——————————————
4 Days Later
————————————————————————————————​

Four days. Four days of non-stop fighting, rocking not just the floating earth, but the whole Underground. Such power, the floating island collapsed by Day 2, falling to the Pangean Plains in a great cataclysm, shaking the very waters of the surface. What was a heavy industrialized city, was now in shambles, filled with apocalyptic fervor and raging fires. Four days of a battle to be told for generations. In total, it would make ten. Ten days on this accursed land, on this accursed Pangea. Smited earth. Scorched ground.

Even decades after they would leave, half of Pangea would forever burn, devoid of any natural light. A landscape new.

[Kizaru] “Does she mean that much to you, more than the world? Let us hope you don’t end up losing both.”
In a section devoid of light, of landscape, of hope, stood a glowing being. The Admiral stood tall and proud against the wavering fire of Leo in front of him. Borsalino stood proud. His wounds, too perilous to speak. One in particular. Running down the back of the shirtless Admiral was a scar like a tree, birthed at the upper neck. The scars were blazed fire, almost as if Leo’s Will made them take root over Kizaru’s back. Rooted forever, forever flickering fire red.

Yet, the Admiral stood. From an onlooker, by their positions, Kizaru had won. Suddenly, a voice echoed.
[Kizaru] “… Ugh!”

With a loud thump, Kizaru’s body hit the ground in front of Leo, face-down. Head to the side, the light-man lost all light, but-for the whiteness in his eyes. His body seemed to be on fire, his breath shortening. Kizaru’s Justice had been defeated.

As rain began to fall, a den den mushi rang from Kizaru’s pocket: Vice-Admiral Tsuru finally got through.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kizaru - a man carrying the fate of many, people he did not know personally. Leo - a man carrying the fate of one, a person that he loved. A stark contrast between the two, and yet both were equally determined. The great final battle of Pangea lasted for four days. That brought the total time of the Marine force in Pangea to ten days and ten nights. A mission that not many could handle. And yet Kizaru and Leo fought till the end. The plains of Pangea, the landscape, was changed forever. Large areas were burnt so heavily that the rock itself had become molten. Rivers of lava. Parts of the plains were devoid of light forever, as if Kizaru had used it, and used it up, as a weapon in the fight. A landscape changed forever - the mark of a battle between two men worthy of being called Admirals.

On the last day, Kizaru was still standing. A man of light, glowing. He was on his feet. A few feet away from him, laying on his back, was Leo. He could no longer stand. Kizaru spoke, asking Leo a question. A question that Leo had no qualms about answering.

There is no world for me where my family doesn't exist.

Leo said. A firm answer. It was not about Lia versus the world. The two were a synonym for Leo. There was no world, without Lia in it. Pain shot through Kizaru's body suddenly, causing the man to fall to the ground as well. Both were down.

Rain started to fall heavily, soaking the plains of Pangea. Fires started to be put out. The orange flames, suffocated by the rain. But there was one fire that did not cease. A blue kind of fire. The flames of the Phoenix.

Both men were on death's door. No longer conscious. Both laid in the blue flames of the Phoenix. Leo was no longer able to use the flames. Kizaru was not able to bask in them. They just both happened to be laying unconscious where the flames were. A twist of fate that would keep two men, about to disappear forever, cling to life. The grace of the Phoenix. Minutes later, the flames of the Phoenix would fade as well. It was not because of the rain. It was because Leo had died for a moment. And both the Mera Mera no Mi, and the Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Pheonix, had left his body. The flames of the Phoenix that had happened to persist for a few minutes by sheer grace of god, had brought Leo back from the brink. But his powers were no more. His rank within the Marines was bound to be no more. His legacy, was no more. His body, a shell of its former, powerful self. In the future, only a wheelchair would take Leo around. He had lost it all.

But he had regained the most important thing. Laying next to him was Lia. His sister's life... safe.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
To The Surface:
The ‘G’ Revealed!

@kakashi19283

Pannotia ————> Enki
There is no world for Leo where Lia doesn’t exist. Justice. Family. The Hero of the Marines had become the Savior of his family. The savior of Lia. The blond woman, laying next to him, bore a smile. Even unconscious, the emotion of love she felt from her brother, reached her level of consciousness. The Avatism… nay, Lia, would live. Kizaru had fallen. To save his kin, Leo had done the impossible: he defeated a Great Power. It would cause him mobility, but it would be all worth it for him. All worth for his world. For Lia. In the landscape changed forever, the three laid safe. Flickering blue flames and light would cast shadow over them, before three figures cast new shadows over them.

The Contemporaries had arrived.

[Dalmatian] “What a battle it must have been…! I-I-I don’t even know what is the truth anymore? The Avatism… should we…?”
[Tsuru] “That has already been decided, Dal-boy. We take all three to the surface, alive. We sort it all out topside.”
Dalmatian widened his eyes as he heard Tsuru’s answer. She was the commanding officer in the mission: he would not dare disobey. Dalmatian was seen deep in thought, his nose sniffing a familiar scent. Slung over the dog man’s shoulder was Onigumo, unconscious but alive. It was clear the three had been in battle. Yet, they had paved a way to escape, a way back to Enki, a way back to the surface. It was a great shock that Leo and Kizaru fought with each other so, yet that was the tale of Pangea. There was no way to find out who was on their side, who was right. An adventure tempered by a spy who still was to be revealed. Tsuru noted Lia’s fate had already been decided: the battle had decided it. The Contemporaries would respect the outcome. All three were to be taken topside - sort it out then.

Dalmatian took Kizaru and slung him over his other shoulder. Tsuru slung both Leo and Lia over hers, turning them into thin washing racks for easy carry. Tsuru’s voice would echo, complaining that she had to carry them, as the camera began to widen, showing the entirety of the charred land, left scarred by the Battle of Pangea.

[Tsuru] “Like I said in the start. I would be babysitting. What a pain!”

The camera distorted, showing the Contemporaries hours later entering Enki. The pressurized chamber closed behind them. As Enki ascended, the group entered the observatory. Chimera awaited them, his eyes still itching for Absolute Justice. His mission was not to let ‘G’ surface. Who was the real enemy? Chimera had once asked. Chimera again asked, his spirit overbearing.

There was still one last hurdle. The Dragonheart, who had more Marine blood on his hands than pirate, would be waiting. Snuff out the spy. A bluff or a warning?

[Chimera] “Well, then. I presume 10 days was enough to snuff ‘G’ out. Which one of you is it? Or will I have to kill you all to make sure the traitor is dead?”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vice Admirals Tsuru and Dalmatian arrived at the scene - the latter carrying the unconscious Onigumo. A charred battlefield in front of their eyes, the two knew what had taken place. Only a battle between Kizaru and Leo could have caused something like this. Lia was alive next to Leo - he had saved her. Dalmatian asked what was to be done next, and Tsuru was clear with her words. They were all to retreat back to the surface, together with Lia. The great war of Pangea was done.

Hours later, they arrived at the location of Enki, entering the great being and warship. There, Chimera awaited them. Leo and Lia, who had been carried by Tsuru, had been put down with their backs against a wall. Lia looked like she would be unconscious for days to come - her body, mind and soul having gone through tremendous pressure, pain and torture. Now, it was all done, and the adrenaline was gone. She looked deep asleep.

Leo, on the other hand, had suffered great physical injuries. He had died for a moment, and his Devil Fruits had left him. By chance of fate, he was laying in a pool of Phoenix fire - brought back from the brink, and to life. But the injuries that he had taken on as a wielder of the Phoenix's power, were not something he could recover from by natural means. And with the power of the Phoenix now gone, the injuries would plague him, turning him into a crippled man for the rest of his life.

But his mind, his mind was nowhere near as tortured as Lia's. And so, Leo awoke. Sitting with his back against the wall, Leo's eyes slowly opened. He started to look around, recognizing the inside of Enki. His eyes travelled some more, and he saw Tsuru, Dalmatian and Chimera. Next to him, unconscious, was Lia. Kizaru, unconscious for now, was around as well, as was Onigumo.

The next thing Leo noticed was that he couldn't feel his legs. They were heavily injured. He placed his right hand onto his legs, aiming to use the powers of the Phoenix to recover. But, the flames did not come. Leo's realization came. While he was unconscious, he had a dream that this was the case. That he had lost his power and strength. Now, awake, he saw it as reality. And yet, there was no shock. There was no anger. Almost as if he didn't care, Leo did not react to his own problem. Instead, he spoke - his voice not booming like usually, but barely strong enough to leave his mouth.

I-Is Lia o-okay...

Leo said, just loud enough for others to notice that he had awoken.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
To The Surface:
The ‘G’ Revealed!

@kakashi19283

Inside Enki
‘Which one of you is it? Or will I have to kill you all to make sure the traitor is dead?’ After ten long days, Chimera awaited them. The legendary marine was not to let ‘G’ surface. A traitor in the Marines had to be snuffed out, whatever the consequences. The five Contemporaries boarded Enki. The giant turtle quickly began to ascend, still in the dark depths 20,000 meters beneath the surface. There, the tension would be thick. Chimera would confront the five. Only Dalmatian and Tsuru were conscious, the others gently placed to rest in the Observatory, while Chimera‘s will tempered them. Dalmatian was scared, Even Tsuru was perplexed, her eyes wide and nervous.

Suddenly, Leo spoke. Tsuru began laughing as she heard Leo’s words. It broke the tension. Tsuru would answer Chimera convincingly, calling Chimera by his real name.

[Tsuru] “Give it a rest, Talon. Your poker game is out of practice. Whoever ‘G’ is won’t reveal themselves. A fight inside Enki would have us all die.”
[Tsuru] “Sort it all out topside. The brass will want to interview each of us.”

Chimera growled lowly. Tsuru was right. If Chimera wanted to take them, the battle would destroy Enki from the inside out. The pressures of the sea would do all of them in. The Dragonheart made a proclamation, before leaving to steer Enki to the surface.

[Chimera] “Count on it, cherries. The traitor will be hanged.”
The camera would be the view from Leo’s eyes, seeing Chimera slam the door behind him. Tsuru looked over the wounded, shaking her head. Dalmatian was staring at Tsuru, his peripheral never leaving the Chapter Black tape in the center of the Observatory. After ten (10) days, the mission had been completed. The Contemporaries had gone into Pangea, took part in the Great Pangean War, and come out victorious. A legend to be written. The camera from the view in Leo’s eyes closed as his consciousness slipped once more.

[Dalmatian] “You’re finally awake, Leo.”

The camera from the view in Leo’s eyes slowly came into focus. The Marine Hero was in the infirmary, in a room with two beds. Lia was on the bed next to him, still unconscious. Standing over Leo’s bedside was Dalmatian, his back towards Lia’s bed. The dog man had a shadow draped over his head. An eerie grin and bloodshot eyes came from the shadow. The dog man seemed no longer a pup, no longer a follower. Vice-Admiral Dalmatian was here on his own accord. No longer did he use “San”. No longer would the man hold back.

[Dalmatian] “Do you remember when we first boarded Enki? I asked whether you wanted to hear my theories? You dismissed it. That’s how it always is. Do this, dog! Do that, dog! Yet, no one listens. No one pays attention. No one appreciates my capabilities.”
[Dalmatian] “I’m here to show you I am more capable than you could imagine! The Marines will notice me… or suffer the consequences!”
Dalmatian tightened his fist. All his life treated like a dog. All his life treated as someone beneath the rest. Always loyal. Never compensated. Good dog. Bad dog. Even Leo, at the beginning, dismissed Dalmatian. No more. Leo was incapacitated. Lia was incapacitated. Dalmatian finally had control.

The dog man’s voice was gruff, eyes squinted as he stared at Leo‘s eyes.

[Dalmatian] “Will you finally hear what I had to say that day aboard Enki?”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Leo's eyes opened slowly, initially a blur. But as short moments passed, his vision started to stabilize, and he saw Vice Admiral Dalmatian standing over him. Leo moved his head to the right and left slowly, looking around. He was in a hospital. Lia was in the bed next to his. They were on the surface. Leo tried to elevate into a sitting position, but pain shot through his body, causing him to give up immediately. Both Leo and Lia were stabilized in the sense that their lives were not in danger. But Leo, for one, could not move at all. Memories flowed back - memories of before, when he lost consciousness inside Enki. At that time, Leo could not feel his legs. Now, he still could not. But Leo did not think about his future. He could not do so right now, with everything that had happened. He was still taking it all in.

Dalmatian spoke, voicing frustration about his career as a Marine. Always loyal. Always doing his best. But never appreciated. Leo, too, had mistreated Dalmatian early in the mission. Leo exhaled, almost as if the tension was leaving his body through his breath. Looking up at the ceiling, he spoke.

What an idiot I was, right?

Leo said. A man of pride, his words would surely surprise Dalmatian. Leo was changing.

Always so proud. Always so eager to dominate and show strength in the face of injustice. Thinking only I could make this world a better place.

But now, look at my situation.

Leo said, referring to his ruined body.

No matter how powerful a man is, once he falls, it's all over. Justice cannot hang on one man, no matter what.

Leo said, realizing that even he was not strong enough to carry the burden of justice all on his own. When faced with a decision to save his sister, his sense of justice changed.

Leo looked at Dalmatian.

Sorry. Tell me... what were you going to say on that day?

Leo said, finally listening to Dalmatian.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

The ‘G’ Revealed!
@kakashi19283 @Mr. Anderson @Landayan
“Mission” said:
Feign the howling of primordial wolves and let the fear-addled sheep slaughter. A haven, yea, yet it must fall err we be saved. Retake the black, lest it spread. Greet the end there, in the land where it all began.

362048° N, 138.2529° E - MF

- G
Marineford Hospital: Infirmary
Dalmatian’s emotions swept the infirmary. When he spoke unfiltered, he was more capable than they could imagine, and the room shook lightly. Will that was not kept at bay with restraints. A dog who would be able to show his true feelings, would be a monster, capable. The Vice-Admiral revealed everyone treated him lowly. Everyone dismissed him. Like a pup. One of them was Leo, his prior sense of Justice in line with power, valuing it over bonds. Dalmatian and many were culprit of what the World Government had become, and it almost collapsed.

Suddenly, Leo’s words, now soft, cut through the anger.

[Leo] “No matter how powerful a man is, once he falls, it's all over. Justice cannot hang on one man, no matter what.”

Dalmatian’s eyes widened in shock. Those words had a seismic effect. Those words that many would retell. A powerful change inside of Dalmatian followed. The anger was quelled. For the first time in a long time, Dalmatian was asked to speak by someone who would truly listen. Dalmatian was no longer treated as a pup. Leo’s words, his aura, his tone, were true. From the Marine Hero he once was, Leo had underwent a significant change. He was no longer blinded. Leo was a new man. That new man accepted Dalmatian… and Dalmatian wept.

With a gentle smile, the dog man would answer, revealing what he knew. Revealing what would have been his answer on Day One.

[Dalmatian] “The letter from G. That was always the key. That first day inside Enki, I picked up a scent on it. A scent I could not attribute, only describe. It took me ten days. Ten days of being isolated with the same scent to realize whose it was.”
[Dalmatian] “I am now finally able to match the scent.”

The letter was always the key. Dalmatian always held the lock. Underestimated, it was now revealed Dalmatian had abilities far from anyone’s expectations - even G woefully underestimated Dalmatian. One could mask their intentions. One could mask their face. However, from a dog, one could not mask their scent.

Dalmatian moved closer to Leo and whispered the name of G in his ear.

[Dalmatian] “The Great Advisor, Tsuru.”

There was a moment of silence. The camera would whirl into Leo’s eyes, showing memories from the times in Pangea. Memories and small hints that it was the Great Advisor who had been G all along (see below spoiler). Dalmatian was too loyal. Onigumo was too stubborn. Kizaru was too lazy. Leo was too justiciable. Tsuru was the only wild card. Decades more of seeing Justice laid aside and the world still evil. Like Zephyr, the weight of the world had collapsed boundaries. Or so it would seem.

1. Tsuru knew who the Primordials were. [Here]
  2. Tsuru specifically knew what the Tracker was, before revealed. She wanted Leo to kill it to preserve her cover. [Here]
  3. Tsuru was an old friend of Zephyr - the only one he could truly trust. ’G’ was a kind nickname, taken from her epitaph, Great Advisor. [Here]
  4. Tsuru knew what the ‘Shadow’ was. Leo caught the hint. [Here]
  5. Tsuru wanted to capture Zephyr to gather ‘intel’. Her true purpose was to have him cough up ‘Chapter Black’. Foiled by Leo. [Here]
  6. Tsuru was the only one who knew what Chapter Black was.
  7. Tsuru knew the tape was well hidden, believing Zephyr did not have it. [Here]
  8. Tsuru and Kizaru were the only ones with ease of access to Marijeous, given their long line of service and rank. [Here]
  9. Before leaving Pangea, Dalmatian stared at Tsuru, finally smelling the “familiar scent”. [Here]
  10. Inside Enki, Dalmatian, now matching the scent, kept Tsuru in her sights, under close watch, and Chapter Black in his peripheral. [Here]

Her epithet is "Great Staff Advisor".

She's the most knowledgeable on the Black Chapter and was entirely confident that the Black Chapter was too well hidden, especially for someone that implied earlier in the Act only hearsay on the matter "knew of it's existence/and supposedly knew it's location". She dismisses searching Zephyrs body for the tape. Almost like she knew for a fact it wouldn't be on him.

Minds raced. Suddenly, the dog man spoke again, shaking Leo from his flashbacks. Dalmatian disputed the obvious inference.

[Dalmatian] “I seems bad, I know. But… think about it. We won. Chapter Black was recovered. Zephyr was defeated. Primordial invasion was repelled. Lia was saved. We all survived. I don’t know what to think.”
[Dalmatian] “Tsuru-Chan is called the Great Advisor for a reason. Her mind is only paralleled by Fleet Admiral Sengoku himself. What if this was all part of a strategy? What if using Lia as a trap was the only way to stop Zephyr, to stop the Primordials? What if Tsuru-chan was a double spy for us all along?”
Images again took the screen. Without Tsuru, the mission would have failed. Even at the beginning, it was Tsuru who got them to Pangea safely. Without her calm leadership, they would have all died in the depths. However, that could all be explained with a failed mission. When Zephyr fell, G would have had to adapt and survive. What was the truth? Who would know? Was Tsuru good or evil? Was Tsuru a killer or a savior? Interpret it as you wish. Believe what you wish. One thing was for sure: certainty would never come.
[Dalmatian] “Perhaps I’m mistaken. But that’s what I’d like to believe. The alternative is too heavy a burden to bear…”

Dalmatian stood silent for a second, deep in though, allowing Leo to react to the truth. Chapter Black was back in the safe. Lia was allowed to live, if only for the weight of all the good things Leo had done. She had to be in the constant supervision of Leo and the Government, even if informally. However, Leo had done it. He had saved his family. In return, he gave up power. Yet, what he had lost in power, once alone, he gained in favor.

Dalmatian continued, puffing his chest proud.

[Dalmatian] “The reports from everyone will paint you rogue, I’m sure of it. G will paint you as the culprit. But do not worry, Leo-san. My report will paint you as the Hero you are. I now know your deeds in Pangea were those correct. I will stand by you no matter what!”
[Dalmatian] “You have ignited a flame within this once pup. A flame, not unlike Chimera and the flame now called ‘Absolute Justice’. The antithesis of that Justice. The Justice you profess… if we all adhered to it, it would all change.”
A new Justice. Leo had created a flame that would light the way for a new sect of Marines. What Zephyr once wished to do with Neo Marines, Leo had done many fold, accomplishing even his sensei’s dream. Justice could not be achieved alone. Those words from Leo burned true. His actions in Pangea would surge a new generation. A new Justice. Dalmatian was the first of many. The dogman stood up tall. He balled his right hand into a fist and slammed the fist against his chest, backward, while his left went behind his back. It was the salute.

The salute of those who bore Leo’s Justice to sweep the seas with a DON.
[Dalmatian] “This is my promise to you…
[Dalmatian] “LIA AND I WILL KEEP YOUR JUSTICE ALIVE AND CHANGE THE WORLD!!”
(The first shot of the Primordial Saga would show. Curtain call.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom