Event The Primordial Saga (Treasure Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Chapter Black:
The Atavism of the Primordials

@kakashi19283

Pangea - Sunlight Cave
The orders were clear: rest. The smell suggested they had time. Tsuru ordered they compose themselves - they’d need everyone for the final push. Even Leo had gone through much stamina. Everything rode on this mission - Chapter Black, the Primordials, and the stability of not just the ocean, but the world itself. Whether the Contemporaries could accept the Order, was another matter.

One took the stage, turning to Tsuru in an inquiring tone.

[Kizaru] “I wonder, Tsuru-chan. Is the wait so we can heal… or to buy you time to figure out which one of us is the one?”

[Tsuru] "I see. You noticed as well, Borsalino-boy.”
The two exchanged words. Tsuru stared at Kizaru with an appreciative gesture. Dalmatian looked confused. What did Kizaru mean, to question the Order of a Commanding Officer. What’s more, Tsuru responded in kind. What did they know? Before anyone else could speak, Dalmatian stepped in, and the two continued.
[Dalmatian] “W-w-hat do you mean ‘the one’?!”
[Kizaru] “Marijeous is the most guarded place in the world. For one to reach the most prized vault in the World Government… not even Zephyr-sensei could have done it by himself.”
[Kizaru] “No… this was an inside job.”
Ever so subtle were the signs. To even get near Marijeous, one would need to be a high-ranking member of the World Government, that honor reserved for a Vice-Admiral of HQ or above - like the Contemporaries. A vault so guarded, so secret, not even the upper echelon knew about it. A vault so guarded, Zephyr had help. Help from the inside.
[Dalmatian] “T-t-t-hat’s impossible! No one in the Marines would do that! That’s the fatigue talking!”
[Tsuru] “That’s not all. Think about why Chimera-san is here.”
[Kizaru] “Precisely. Why would the World Government send one who has been in obscurity for decades? Why would they send the one Marine who has more Marine blood than Pirate on his hands? One who birthed Absolute Justice?
The air was thick with tension. All the small details, the signs, were coming together. All their hearts were racing. Why Chimera? Why him? Suddenly, a familiar voice broke the back-and forth, words told through blood.

[Onigumo] “O-o-one thing still plagues my mind.“
[Dalmatian] “Oni-San! D-d-don’t try to speak!”
[Onigumo] “G-g-get off me, you fool! One thing haunts me. Do you all remember Chimera-sensei’s last words to us?”

Chimera gave them some parting words, words to stick with them in the gauntlet of mission of death.

[Chimera] “Who do you think the real enemy is?”
Words that would stick with them. Who was the real enemy? What did Chimera mean? Let Justice be your guide.
[Onigumo] “The mission specs. It had the signature of G. I believed it to be the Gorosei. But now…”

[Kizaru] “Someone who went through all that trouble, would not stand idle as we braved Pangea itself and foil their plans. They would infiltrate. The higher-ups must have known that. Chimera-senpai’s mission is not just to see the mission through… but to make sure G does not resurface.”
[Dalmatian] “W-w-wait! T-t-that would mean…”
[Tsuru] “The traitor is one of us.”

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Seeing Admiral Kizaru walk over to the group, Leo immediately read the man's intentions, asking him if everything was ok. Kizaru walked up to Tsuru, asking whether her order was really about resting up - or whether it was actually to give her time to find out who ''the one'' was. Leo's eyebrows furrowed upon hearing Kizaru's question, wondering what he was talking about. But, everything would become clear as the conversation continued. There was more to the situation than it seemed, and there was a traitor. Worse so, the traitor was among them. When that was revealed, Leo spoke up.

I had a weird feeling as well. But I'm keeping it to myself.

Leo said. Blue flames of the Phoenix started to appear on Leo's arms before transforming his arms into a pair of Phoenix wings. Leo was likely planning to heal the group, but before doing so, he turned away from them. Looking over his shoulder, Leo spoke, at some point glancing toward Onigumo.

Now that there is a traitor among us, healing everyone here would be a mistake.

Leo said, his glance toward Onigumo taking place when the word traitor was spoken. It was subtle, so nothing could be derived from it, though if Onigumo was the traitor, he'd definitely realize Leo, perhaps, might just be onto him. Whether Leo's gut feeling was right or wrong, what came next was another twist in the situation. Leo looked back forward, away from the group, and spoke again.

Anyway. Lia is 50 kilometers away, and by the sound of it, they're doing something to her. I haven't seen her in over a decade. I don't have time to waste...!

Leo said, flapping his wings. Suddenly, he disappeared from his location, utilizing a combination of his unfathomable raw speed (121+), flight and Kamisori, to erupt into high speed movement and disappear. In a matter of moments, Leo would make it out of the cave and like a flaming lance, he would shoot high up into the sky. He knew the distance. He knew the general direction where the sulfur was coming from, based on Dalmatian's head movement when he was trying to identify the smell. As Leo reached the apex up in the air, an enormous wave of Conqueror's Haki suddenly erupted from him, sweeping the Pangean plains like a tidalwave. Leo then shot off in the direction of the sulfur. He was very high up in the air, so chances were, he could at least see something.

I'm coming for you... Lia...!

Leo thought to himself, gritting his teeth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF ACT, FINAL ACT STARTS NEXT POST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

—————————————————————————————————
START OF ACT IV
————————————————————————————

Lia the Avatism:
The Mad Doctor & The Beruki

@kakashi19283

Sunlight Cave ————> Pangean Plains Northeast
The traitor is one of us. The group was stunned. They looked at each other in both disbelief and distrust. Who could it be? Chimera was there to kill the traitor. One of the Contemporaries was “G”. Responsible for Zephyr’s fate, and likely, Lia’s capture.

The camera focused on Onigumo. Leo‘s instinct was Onigumo, a man whose Absolute Justice was most close to the one Zephyr displayed. If the man had seen Chapter Black, who was to say he would also not taken arms like Zephyr? In addition, his jealousy and hate of Leo for becoming the Maine Hero and could have been the last straw. What better way at getting back to him that kidnapping his beloved sister, Lia?

The camera zoomed in next on Tsuru, the one who knew Zephyr best, growing as Marines in the old generation. Tsuru’s years made her seen much, much Black. Fifty off years, not much had changed. Perhaps that was how Zephyr convinced her to join. Her knowledge was vast, knowing many secrets of the World Government. If anyone knew the intricacies of the Primordials and the tape prior to Zephyr, it was her.

The camera next zoomed in on Dalmatian. The pup. A follower. Whilst the others had the stoutness to refute Zephyr, Dalmatian was less so. With his track record, it was suspect he was put on this mission… unless he got himself on the Contemporaries by gambit, like Kizaru suggested. Lastly, he was the one people would least suspect, and the best position to infiltrate.

The camera zoomed in on Kizaru. The Admiral.The once calm and sarcastic admiral had become rash, emotional, and unpredictable. All thanks to his reverence of Zephyr. A bond easily exploited. He had asked Leo to kill Zephyr perhaps to silence him. Or perhaps his reaction on almost killing Leo was product of Leo interfering with plans. As an Admiral, if anyone had the power, influence, and clearance to get into the Vault and pull this off, it was him.

Lastly, the camera zoomed in on Leo. A man who dived into the ocean with Absolute Justice, and flipped half-way. Leo’s pursuit of Lia was so one-minded, it would be easy to believe that she could have been used to blackmail him into getting the tape - he would do anything. Silencing Zephyr against mission orders was a huge red flag. In addition, attacking Onigumo placed him on suspicion like no other. Lastly, his next words, again against orders, broke the camel’s back.
[Leo] “Lia is 50 kilometers away, and by the sound of it, they're doing something to her. I haven't seen her in over a decade. I don't have time to waste...!”

With a flap of wings and unnerving speed, Leo took off to the direction Dalmatian had noted, to the Northeast. There was a visible reaction from Dalmatian and Onigumo, cursing him or screaming for him to return. Undoubtedly, they believed he was the traitor. Now, he had left them all for dead - no team player would do that. Kizaru, placing his hand on his neck and stretching his upper back, complained audibly.

The Admiral turned to Tsuru and sighed. She knew.

[Tsuru] “I know. You have to follow. We will meet you as soon as we can. By then, hopefully I’ll have found a way out of his hell.”

Still complaining, Kizaru’s body began to morph into a yellow light. In a flash, the man was gone, a light stretching over the horizon towards the Northeast. Verily. Whether Kizaru believed Leo was the traitor was of no significance. They’d need their combined powers for the final assault. If Leo was the traitor, he could not be allowed to return to the Primordials. If Leo was not the traitor, they could not lose him - the final battle would take both of them, even Leo in his emotional state knew that.

Perhaps one of the only people who could catch up to Leo, Admiral Kizaru appeared next to the Marine Hero. He flew in a flash of light, keeping pace. Over the horizon, in the Pangean Plains, they were coming to a mountain. They would have to go over it to get to the other side. Question was, how could they track the specific location down?

Kizaru spoke before they cleared the mountain, words that rang true.

[Kizaru] “I don’t know how you are feeling right now. However, I must ask you to trust me. I also want your Lia in our hands.“
[Kizaru] “Place your trust in me... and I will place mine in you.”

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Leo, transformed into his half Human half Phoenix Hybrid Form, which transformed his arms into a Phoenix's wings and his feet into a Phoenix's talons, was flying through the skies of Pangea. With every flap of his wings, he increased his speed and rocketed through the air. Only one man was able to catch up. Surrounded by light, Kizaru flew and caught up to Leo, speaking. He urged Leo to trust him, stating that they would get Lia back to him. Leo glanced over to Kizaru, speaking. Leo's words were not insulting nor a threat, but he was making one thing clear.

I will do whatever it takes to get Lia back. Remember that, Kizaru.

Leo said, looking at Kizaru as he spoke, but averting his gaze back to the plains when he was done talking. Spanning out in front of and below the two men were the Pangean plains, far and wide, almost infinite in their reach. The two were approaching a mountain. Suddenly, Leo came to a stop, before pushing off of the air with Geppou and flapping his wings, abruptly firing himself even higher up into the air. Above the mountain, Leo looked down, sparks of orange fire sparking up on his otherwise blue wings.

I don't know where those monsters are, or where they're hiding Lia, but I'll smoke them out if I have to.

Hotarubi...

Leo said. Suddenly, the orange fires on Leo's wings started to release an incredible number of orange feathers, imbued with black Busou-shoku no Haki, floating around him and filling up the sky. Then, with a flap of his wings, Leo fired the feathers down toward the slope of the mountain. As the feathers collided with the side of the mountain, they would erupt into blasts of fire and Haki, continuously bombarding the mountain, creating a lot of noise and damage. Leo wanted to see if they were hiding inside the mountain - for if they were, this should without a doubt alert them and force a reaction.

Hidaruma...!

DPR: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level + C:+1 + COA: +2 = 6. City Level

Hotarubi:

Leo creates many small, green-colored fireballs that can float around the area. This is usually used in preparation for another attack. Alternatively, instead of green-colored fireballs, Leo can create blue-colored fire feathers. Unranked - supplementary move.

Hidaruma:

Leo can surround a target with the many small, green-colored fireballs created by Hotarubi. Then, Leo can detonate the fireballs, engulfing the target in flames. Alternatively, instead of green-colored fireballs, Leo can create blue-colored fire feathers. Rank C. Minor burn.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lia the Avatism:

@kakashi19283

Pangean Plains Northeast ————-—> Pannotia
The two travelled Northeast. The plains looked as dead as ever. In that trek, Admiral Kizaru asked Leo to trust him. The traitor was one of them, but who would be anyone’s guess. The plains showed no sign of life. The sky showed no sign of life, while it was the general area Dalmatian noted, there was nothing to see. Was the area hidden? Vice-Admiral Leo would knock, loudly.

Fire raged in the plains. Explosions echoed through. There was no response. A moment of tension filled the air, before Kizaru looked upwards.

[Kizaru] “Looks like you woke them up…”
The camera shifted upwards. Out of thin air, light flickered on a bubble that hung in mid-air. A cloaking device was turned off, birthed from the same technology the Trackers had back inside Enki, and the patch of land, humongous in size, came into view. With the cloak turned off, the smell became more pungent - the smell of sulfur. There was no mistake. Lia was there.

[Kizaru] “I see her! The light is most focused on the top of that structure. B-B-But I don’t understand. So much light surrounding one person... We must make haste!”

A sentiment Leo did not need. The two were ready to go upwards, blitzing through the air defenses. In conjunction, the two make short work of Djinns that flew to stop their approach. To whence Kizaru pointed at, the plains would give view to a Tower of Rock, fittingly called Pannotia. A Bestla looked up at them on their approach from the top of the tower, weapon in hand and roaring, standing in their way,

There was a platform at the top where the light was the brightest.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Leo bombarded the mountainside, aiming to wreak enough havoc to the point where the enemies would come out. He did not have time nor patience to look for them, for Pangea was vast, and they did not know the terrain. Leo's actions were rushed, but they worked.

While nothing came out of the mountain, changes did start to occur above it. Both Leo and Kizaru looked up at the Pangean ''sky''. At first, there was what looked like a distortion in space, but soon the secret was revealed. A cloaking device that hid an entire plain up in the air. Now, the cloaking device was off, and the smell of sulfur became much stronger. Kizaru saw a strong light up on the plain, stating that it was without a doubt Lia. Kizaru was in disbelief of how strong the light was, but now was no time to stare in awe. Leo flapped his wings, rushing up toward the plain with Kizaru right on his tail, or keeping up. The two Marines closed the distance quickly, now approaching the plain. A Bestla awaited them, ready to confront them. However, Leo wouldn't wait for the Bestla to attack first.

Orange fire suddenly surrounded the winged Leo as he flapped his Phoenix wings and pushed off of the air with his talons using Kamisori. Like a torpedo of fire, Leo rushed the Bestla, ending up in front of its abdomen in a matter of moments. There, he spun around and hurled his right arm forward, the right wing disappearing as the fist came forth.

Fire Missile...!

DPR: 6. City Level (121+, Zoans only) + S:+4 + COA: +2 + COC: +1 = 13. Moon Level

Fire trailed the arc of the punch, culminating at the point of impact. A powerful punch was unleashed, erupting with a vast amount of fire that aimed to plow right through the Bestla's abdomen. Concussive force. Fire. Busou-shoku no Haki. Conqueror's Haki. The force was overwhelming, for Lia was in range of rescue.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lia the Avatism:

@kakashi19283

Pannotia
Lia was within range. Admiral Kizaru could see what Leo could not. Light enveloped Lia in strobes, so much, Kizaru himself was floored. It seemed whatever they were doing, involved much energy. Having unlocked the base, Leo and Kizaru sandbagged the Primordials. After such an emotional and physical turmoil, Leo had had enough. His strength and will showed in blitzing the Bestla that stood at the entrance of the Tower’s top.

The Bestla roared and swung his weapon, meeting Leo’s own. However, the fire exploded outwards, engulfing the Bestla and overpowering him. This time, the Bestla was not defeated in one fell swoop. Yet, with him so close to the edge, now on fire, the Bestla lost his footing under the weight of the attack, beginning to fall to the depths. The beast tried one last ditch effort to grab Leo and take him to the depths,

Meanwhile, Kizaru continued on, stopped by a figure.

[Dr. Ichigaki] “Don’t take another step, human! If you take one more step or take my life, the sulfur will overload her. The Avatism will die instantly! Don’t challenge the great Dr. Ichigaki!”
A hostage situation. At the other end of the tower, roughly a kilometer in length, was a single small Primordial. Developed for wits more than mettle, he looked frail and devilish, like a troll. However, he held a remote, finger half-pressed on the button. More so, wires were all over his body, connecting to his neck. The man proclaimed if he died or the button was pressed, Lia would die as well. Sure enough, a few meters from the troll, was a contraption filled with blinded light. A shadow of a woman was within - the “aura” one Leo would recognize, Lia. Inside, the Avatism was connected to dozens of wires, cloaked in a shadow.

Suddenly, Kizaru relaxed his body, flashing a devious smile.

[Kizaru] “Desist, my good doctor. It is I, “G”. Commander Zephyr gave me these shades as proof of our allegiance.”
Admiral Kizaru presented the shades he had on his forehead - Zephyr’s shades. Dr. Ichigaki looked confused, clutching the remote. Kizaru looked behind at Leo, shaking his head, but opening his eyes wide, before continuing. A signal, or a proof of his malevolence like Zeph?

[Kizaru] “No harm will come to the Avatism. Her blood will turn those spiteful humans into Primordials, and rid us of the Black.
[Kizaru] “To that end, I brought a little insurance. This hothead here is the Avatism’s brother. You will also be able to extract the gene from him. All is left of it is for you and I to work together, and finish Sensei’s mission.”
In the middle of a likely shock, Kizaru crossed the line drawn by Ichigaki. The doctor moved back, before his eyes widened as he saw the shades, as if he understood.

[Dr, Ichigaki] “Wonderful! That will make the invasion go twice as fast! What a treat to meet this infamous ‘G’! Zephyr-boy always said it was someone he could trust, someone powerful. An Admiral, what a man!”
[Dr. Ichigaki] “Come, my boy. Did you bring the tape like Zephyr asked? Let us insert it into the machine and conquer this world!”
Suddenly, Admiral Kizaru took out a black den den mushi. It would be one Leo had never seen before. Was this the Chapter Black tape? Admiral Kizaru got wiin a few meters from Ichigaki. The doctor had changed his demeanor. The Chapter Black tape within command. He greeted Kizaru and asked him to go to the machine. Meanwhile, he kept his eyes on Leo - any movement and Lia would be done for.

A long trek. Was Kizaru the spy, or was this a ruse? Leo had to act one way or another, with Lia’s life on the line.

Pangean Plains - North
Tension one could cut from the air. The great Admiral turned to Leo, shadow on his face. Leo spoke of how he understood Zephyr’s last breaths, even while his hands leaked with the great Sensei’s blood. No haki, emotion, spirit, or Will came from Kizaru, which made it all the more tense, unfiltered. Shadow still on his face, Kizaru slowly lifted his hand to the sky, that shadow in his face growing darker.

Suddenly, total darkness took the area, such that one could not see their hand in front of them. As if someone had blew a candle. The entire light spectrum in the Pangean plains had been snuffed, absorbed into a single watt of light in Kizaru’s palm. No doubt, Kizaru’s absolute attack. Leo would have his answer.
[Kizaru] “I don’t know how you are feeling right now. However, I must ask you to trust me. I also want your Lia in our hands.“

[Kizaru] “Place your trust in me... and I will place mine in you.”

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Leo's mighty fist, clad with fire and black Busou-shoku no Haki, and crackling with lightning of the advanced Conqueror's Haki, erupted forth, ripping into the massive Bestla's body. From the point of impact, fire and Haki erupted, running up and down the length of the Bestla's body with fissures of erupting and destructive power. Unparalleled damage was inflicted upon the Bestla, causing it to lose footing and fall. The massive Primordial reached up to the sky, aiming to grab Leo and drag him down to the depths of hell as a last ditch effort. However, that, too, would fail - Leo intent and resolved on saving Lia. As the Bestla's massive arm reached up for the sky, Leo spun twice, kicking out with his leg. The Phoenix's sharp talons unleashed a number of Rankyakus, which decimated the Bestla's arm, cutting it into a number of pieces - green blood erupting. The titanic Primordial fell, its decimated arm and ocean of its own blood soon falling after it.

Leo descended somewhat, seeing Kizaru advance. However, abruptly, the Admiral was stopped in his tracks. A fair distance away was a small Primordial, shouting with a rather high pitched voice. He introduced himself as Dr. Ichigaki, demanding that they did not approach. Next to him was a tank filled with blinding light. Leo could feel the aura. He could not see the silhouette, for the light was too great - but the aura inside the tank was undoubtedly hers.

Lia...

Leo uttered, staring. She was finally in front of him. When Leo had set out on this mission, he did not expect it to become about his sister. But ever since he first started suspecting it, Leo couldn't think of anything but her. They were close. Dr. Ichigaki stood in their way, claiming that if they were to move unpredictably, or if they were to kill him, Lia would be consumed by the energy. Indecisiveness took Leo for a moment, unsure of what to do. That is, until Kizaru spoke. He showed a pair of shades and spoke.

[Kizaru] “Desist, my good doctor. It is I, “G”. Commander Zephyr gave me these shades as proof of our allegiance.”

[Kizaru] “No harm will come to the Avatism. Her blood will turn those spiteful humans into Primordials, and rid us of the Black.
[Kizaru] “To that end, I brought a little insurance. This hothead here is the Avatism’s brother. You will also be able to extract the gene from him. All is left of it is for you and I to work together, and finish Sensei’s mission.”

Leo's eyes widened in shock. Admiral Kizaru was ''G''? Gritting his teeth, Leo boiled with anger. He was moments away from lashing out with rage. But then, he suddenly realized. There was a chance that this was a ruse. Kizaru's way of getting close to Dr. Ichigaki. If Kizaru really was on Leo's side, there was only one way to prove it. One way to show it, without risking Lia's life. Leo looked at Kizaru, speaking.

So you're ''G''... Kizaru. I can't believe it.

Fine then. Kizaru...!

Leo said, sharpening his eyes. His pupils glowed orange for a moment.

Show me the future.

Leo said. Utilizing an ability that few possessed in the world, Leo looked a few moments into the future. So long as Kizaru defined his intentions, he could show Leo the truth. Show him the truth through the future. If Kizaru was on their side, he would do it. And if not, he was G.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lia the Avatism:

@kakashi19283

Pannotia
Enter the crossroads. Admiral Kizaru seemed to hold the Chapter Black tape, recognizable by Dr. Ichigaki. How else would he have it if he was not ‘G’? That was the mad doctor’s reasoning, confirmed by Zephyr’s shades. Dr. Ichigaki relaxed the finger on the button as Kizaru approached. A Marine Admiral by his side - the doctor cackled at the thought. To put the Chapter Black Tape into the machine and unleash hell. The Avatism shall rise. To take back the surface.

Admiral Kizaru approached the contraption. Leo shouted with anger, his aura flaring. In a declaration, the Hero widened his eyes, eyes orange, peering into the future. He would not leave things to chance.

—————————————————-

Admiral Kizaru stood next to the contraption. The man gently looked up, seeing the silhouette of the woman inside, and the light pumping into her. From the contraption, a box slid out. Dr. Ichigaki instructed Kizaru to place the Chapter Black tape therein. The admiral grabbed the Chapter Black tape with his right, leaving his left trailing behind it, palm open. Time seemed to slow. The Chapter Black got closer and closer, mere inches. Kizaru’s face remained stoic, before, suddenly, a quick grin formed.

[Kizaru] “LIGHT! BEGONE!”

Suddenly, light would blind those in the area momentarily. Leo had seen it once before, when Kizaru almost attacked him when Zephyr fell. A miniature version of that. When the light cleared, the contraption was without light. Kizaru had absorbed all the light from the contraption, forcing it to go within him, whirling into his left palm.

Dr. Ichigaki gritted his teeth, immediately pressing the button.

[Dr, Ichigaki] “You liar! You’re not G! Fine! Now she dies!”
Yet, nothing happened. The mad doctor pressed the button again and again, but the contraption did not respond. The Admiral had robbed it of all its light, and, thus, energy. Dr, Ichigaki looked flabbergasted. He took a step back in horror. Admiral Kizaru turned, nodding playfully to Leo - place your faith in me and I will place my faith in you.

————————————————

The camera whirled out of Leo’s eyes, back in the present. Admiral Kizaru was walking towards the contraption. What would also do? Assuming, but not deciding, Leo would let the future play out, Dr. Ichigaki would end up backing away, edging himself towards the exit and flee. Eyes on Leo.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Leo's eyes glowed a deep orange color. The camera whirled into his eyes and deep into his Mind's Eye. For a few moments, Leo looked into the future, challenging Admiral Kizaru to show it. Leo saw what would happen. Admiral Kizaru would approach Dr. Ichigaki, the latter allowing the former to do so, believing that he was ''G'', here under Zephyr's orders. Admiral Kizaru approached the tank where Lia was held, basking in what felt like limitless, all powerful light. Kizaru was to activate the tank and its purpose by inserting the Chapter Black into it. Dr. Ichigaki's eyes glimmered, almost like a child getting a new toy. His plan was coming to fruition. But then, in an instant, it all came crashing down. A grin formed on Admiral Kizaru's face and he uttered the all commanding words.

Light begone.

Suddenly, light would blind those in the area momentarily. Leo had seen it once before, when Kizaru had almost attacked him when Zephyr fell. When the flash cleared, the tank was without light. Kizaru had absorbed all the light from the tank, forcing it to go within him, whirling into his left palm.

The doctor realized Kizaru's ploy, accusing him of being a traitor. Dr. Ichigaki pressed the button, but nothing happened. Light powered the tank, and now it was all gone.

This entire scene resolved in Leo's Mind's Eye, the camera whirling out of his eyes. Back to present. Kizaru was in front of the tank, his hand inching closer. The grin appeared on Kizaru's face, and Leo knew it was time to act with decisiveness. The bright flash of light appeared and Leo flapped his wings, also pushing off of the air with a burst of Kamisori. Utilizing unparalleled speed, Leo dove down onto the doctor. Kenbun-shoku no Haki was used to feel the doctor's location, so eyes were not needed. When the flash of light subsided, Leo was seen with the doctor in his right talon, holding him like an eagle would his prey.

Got you.

Leo said, his talon clad with black Busou-shoku no Haki.

Thank you, Kizaru.

Leo said, his eyes gazing toward the tank. Lia was in front of him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Lia the Avatism:

@kakashi19283

Pannotia
Place your trust in me, and I will place my trust in you. While Leo didn’t actually do that - he saw the future, the untrusting bastard, that’s how it would look like to an untrained eye. Kizaru had shut down the contraption that held Lia captive, and Leo flew like a hawk and swooped the shocked Dr. Ichigaki off his feet. A non-fighter, using his mind rather than brawn, the troll shouted angrily as he was dangled high up, curses after curses. Leo and Kizaru exchanged a look. They had done it. Lia appeared to be saved. They had the Chapter Black tape. They had saved the world.

Kizaru showed a gentle smile, placing his right hand behind his neck and speaking in his famous sarcastically whiny tone.

[Kizaru] “Sooo scaaaaared you would attack me! Don’t know what I would have even don- UGHHHH!!!”

Suddenly, Kizaru’s eyes opened wide. Blood splurged from Kizaru’s right side like a spray, a shockwave reverberating his insides. With a large dramatic thud, Kizaru’s body hit the floor face-down. The Admiral seemed to have been knocked out. Appearing a few feet in front of Kizaru, shadow over the face, left hand dipped in the Admiral’s blood… was Lia.

In the midst of this likely shock and horror, Lia disappeared again with a gentle move from her Sun Kata, the air literally shifting with a foul aura. The terrible woman appeared in front of Leo mid-air, her left fist now mere centimeters from Leo’s face, clad in terrible haki, primordial strength, and dipped in Kizaru’s blood. If successful, it would launch Leo against the opposite side of the tower with unnerving force. If successful, Dr. Ichigaki would have used the opportunity to get loose, falling violently to the ground.

The doctor’s body hit the ground with a large thud. Unable to move, suffering from the fall at great height, the Doctor looked upon his creation and cackled after coughing up blood.
[Dr, Ichigaki] “Cough! Cough! Cough!”
[Dr. Ichigaki] “Yes! You now see the true power of my genius! My genius invention, The Beruki! Thousands of microbes feeding into a human’s every blood cell, controlling the nervous system and actions! Taking it out will kill her! You see?! It’s foolproof!!”
[Dr. Ichigaki] “You humans have no idea the power that sleeps within you all! Chapter Black proves that! No compassion or fear to hold it back. A human's spirit on Cruise Control!”
If there were questions, Dr. Ichigaki would have answers. Heavily wounded from the fall, but enjoying his perceived victory, the mad doctor cackled. The Beruki, as he called it, could be seen on Lia’s back, pumping into her. Lia’s landed and looked to Leo. She slowly walked towards him stoically. Lia’s face was blank, her eyes white. Not even a hint of emotion. Running down her face, two vertical lines on her cheeks, were indents on her skin. Lia was nowhere to be found within. She did not seem to recognize her brother, Leo.

Dr. Ichigaki cackled once more, leading to the conclusion of what the Beruki did.
[Dr. Ichigaki] “Take away free will and the monster will say hello…”
[Lia] “Kill… Kill… Kill… Kill…”
There it was. Leo would instantly recognize that trance, that chant. He had heard it many times. First, when the group met the first Primordial. Second, when he called Lia on her den den mushi. The response was the same. The Chant of the Beruki.
Between the explosions, one could hear a raspy voice with rapid clicking in between words.

[Tracker] “Kill… kill… kill… kill…”
Suddenly, Leo rang his den den mushi. There was a click on the other end.

[Lia] “Kill…. Killl… kill… kill…”

Dr. Ichigaki

Name: Dr. Ichigaki
Race: Primordial
Height: Short (4’8”)
Weight: Stumpy
Position: Supreme Doctor

Story: The Mad Doctor. A highly intellectually advanced Primordial who has lives many lives. Dr. Ichigaki single-handedly kept the Primordials alive, even under the surface with little vegetation, with his genetic mutation inventions. Referred as the smartest primordial, Dr. Ichigaki has set his eyes on the surface to use as his next experiments, willing to do whatever it takes to help the Primordials gain control of the surface.

Dr. Ichigaki has found a way to use Chapter Black and the Avatism to turn humans back into Primordials, using the Beruki to control them hence. His smarts is only outmatched by his pride.

Lia “The Avatism”

Name: Lia “The Avatism”
Race: Human
Height: Small
Weight: Petite
Position: Secret Weapon

Story: Lia. To some, a fierce warrior. To some, a protector. To one, a scary sister. Vice-Admiral Leo’s sister. Although they hadn’t seen each other in years, the relationship with “shrimp” had never wavered. Lia, however, was special. More special than even Leo foresaw. Once in a century, one is born with the Avatism of the Primordials, a heavy recessive gene that, if manipulated, can turn them and others into their Primordial selves.

For this reason, Zephyr and ’G’, at the behest of the Primordials, abducted Lia. Imprisoned in Pangea and tinkered by the evil Dr. Ichigaki, they were able to harness this Avatism. Zephyr was the first of what would be many de-evolutions. Lia was to be used to turn the most powerful in the surface to Primordials in their takeover of the surface.

Dr. Ichigaki implanted the Beruki on Lia with sulfur, able to control her very actions. The power of the spirit on Cruise Control. Take away free will and the monster will say hello…

Level 91
Strength: 120 (81 +18 race +5 MA +5 Primordial +20 item)
Agility: 110 (82 +18 race +10 Primordial)

-Movement: 110
-Reaction: 110
Vitality: 101 (82 +18 race +5 Primordial) x2
-Durability: 101
-Stamina: 101
Haki: 100 (73 +27 race) x2
-Armaments: 120 (100 +20 Item)​
-Precognition: 100​
Martial Arts: 50 x2
- Sun Kata: 100
Primordial DNA: 81

Note: Tracks Human boosts

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Doctor Ichigaki was in Leo's talons, captured and secured. Victory was upon Leo and Kizaru - though it would have been hard to believe otherwise to begin with, given the strength of the duo. Doctor Ichigaki squirmed and moved about, trying to get himself free, but to no avail. Kizaru spoke, stating that he was scared that Leo would have attacked him, and that he doesn't know what he would have done in that cas-!

Before Kizaru could finish that thought, his eyes suddenly burst widen open and blood erupted from his mouth. He looked around for a moment, confused, before falling forward to the ground. The Admiral's body hit the ground with a loud, resounding thud. Leo's eyes widened in shock, looking at the bleeding Admiral. Standing next to the collapsed body of Admiral Kizaru was a silhouette. Light shone on her and Leo saw that long, blond hair. As soon as he saw it, the silhouette disappeared, appearing right in front of Leo. A fist was already in front of his face and he was sent flying, the powerful punch sending him crashing into a boulder in the distance. Doctor Ichigaki fell from Leo's grip due to the sudden attack, and was now free. Free to stand alongside his most proud creation.

Leo stood back up, looking toward the one that had just punched him. Long blond hair, Perfect skin. A martial artist's clothing. A small figure. A shrimp of a woman one could say. Leo's face was one of disbelief. In front of him was his sister, Lia. Awake.

L-Li-!

Before Leo could call out her name, he realized something was wrong. Her face was emotionless, and on her hand was Admiral Kizaru's blood. Doctor Ichigaki laughed, explaining the situation. Leo, who had untransformed, grit his teeth and clenched his fists. The bruise on his cheek, from Lia's punch, was not healed - though whether Leo was incapable of healing it, or simply chose not to, was anyone's guess. Doctor Ichigaki spoke of the Beruki, the creature seen on Lia's back. The situation was dire. Admiral Kizaru was down, and Lia was being controlled. What would Leo do? Even he did not know. But for now, Admiral Kizaru had to be healed. Leo started to walk forward, staring at Lia. Blue flames of the Phoenix clad his left hand, while orange flames of the Mera Mera no Mi clad his right hand.

Oi Lia, wake up! Since when are you so weak to be controlled like this?!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lia the Avatism:

@kakashi19283

Pannotia
Kizaru fell. In his wake, Lady Lia appeared. The mad doctor revealed his master plan: the Beruki. The Beruki beat incessantly in Lia’s back. The ruthless woman blasted Leo, her own brother, to the other side of the rooftop. She seems possessed. Lia would not recognize Leo. In the background, the mad doctor stated his invention. He would stab himself with an injection of medicine, now slowly standing as he looked upon his greatest creation in the downfall of humankind: Lia the Avatism.

Leo got up, confounded. The man made a plea to Lia, using her strength to call upon her to snap out of it.
[Dr. Ichigaki] “You fool! The Beruki controls the blood! Your pleas fall on deaf ears! You see now? She has no recollection of her past life! Scream all you want, she is a mere tool now!”
[Dr. ichigaki] “A tool in humanity’s destruction! Ichihihihihihihihi!”
To those last words, Kizaru, lifting his head, gritted his teeth. He had heard everything. His eyes fluttered as his head fell once more, almost in contrast to Lia, who now slowly approached Leo. The woman still seemed possessed. The mad doctor’s laughter echoed behind her as she slowly approached. The indents on her check, however, would be home to something different. Something streamed down those cheeks. Now mere feet from Leo, Lia once more gave the Beruki chant: kill, kill, kill.

This time, there was one word different.
[Lia] “Kill… me. Kill… me. Kill…. me.”

The woman’s voice trembled. Flowing down the indents on her cheeks were tears of blood. Lia made a request of Leo. Ichigaki was wrong. Something he had said broke through the veil of the Beruki. But it was not enough. An unending struggle within - how terrible it mus be within Lia’s mind. No way to control your body, though your heart fights. She saw her brother, but her body acted alone. Whirling withing Lia’s right arm was a shockwave, clad in haki and strength: the signature move of Sun Kata. Leo’s pleas seemed to be getting through somehow. But not enough. Lady Lia’s request was clear: kill me. How would Leo respond?

Those tears streamed down, ever more fluid, asking her brother to end it. To end her. End this torture.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Leo and Lia.

Brother and sister.

They walked toward one another. The former's arms were burning with blue and orange fire. The latter's hand was whirling with powerful shockwave energy and Haki, signature of the Sun Fist fighting style, which Lia was a master of. Leo spoke, asking Lia when she had become so weak to be controlled like this. Lia spoke back, a struggle of mind, heart and soul evident in her voice.

[Lia] “Kill… me. Kill… me. Kill…. me.”

Leo's eyes widened, hearing the extra word. Lia was requesting Leo to kill her. He grit his teeth and clenched his fists, uttering angrily.

Preposterous... I will make that doctor pay for this...

Leo said, he and his sister still gradually walking toward one another, getting ever closer. Then, as the distance between them was a mere ten meters or so, Leo suddenly pushed off of the ground, rushing at Lia. Once in range, Leo pulled his right arm back, that one whirling with the flames of the Mera Mera no Mi. Black Busou-shoku no Haki clad his arm and the lightning of advanced Conqueror's Haki crackled around it. Leo was going in for an all out attack at Lia. How would she react?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lia the Avatism:

@kakashi19283

Pannotia
Brother and sister. Kill me. That was her request, tears of blood streaming down. A slave inside her own body. The woman could see and understand everything that was happening, only to be powerless to stop it. To be one to crush her shrimp, her emotions flared. Yet, those words were the only thing recognizable from the woman she once was. The Beruki controlled her very essence. Kill me. Kizaru heard those words clear, as he struggled to look up at the two who slowly approached each other.

Leo pushed off. Lia did as well, her fists also whirling with power.
[Dr. Ichigaki] “Yes! Take him out, you slave! Show the power of the Primordials! Show him the power of the great Dr. Ichigaki! Ichihhahahahahahaha!”
That evil laugh echoed around the two. The mad doctor cackled. He had slowly gotten up, holding his wounds, slowly regenerating. His eyes glowed as he saw the power of his creation. The Avatism cocked both her hands back in a cupped form, haki and wind whirling inside of it like a whirlwin, compacted, pulsating. Stepping with confidence, Lia pushed off in a powerful uppercut, seeking Leo’s upper chest, her voice still monotone, but clear.
[Lia] “Sun Kata: The Dark Cataclysm.”

On impact, or lack thereof, the whirlwind would implode, creating a great shock to begin on the impact point. The power was so great, the very tower would shake, begin to collapse. Yet, it was a step late. Upon stepping in front of Leo, Lia stopped for a moment, her eyes meeting Leo. That look would lock their souls for a millisecond. Lia would stand in front of Leo in his mind, her infamous annoyed look on her face. Yet, that slow grin of an elder sister grew as she nodded to him. Memories between the two flooded in.

Back in the present, the woman took a step late on purpose, telegraphing where the blow would be, leaving her body open for a counter-attack. No haki was wasted on defense, only on the catalysm.

This was the moment.

Lia DPS: 120: 5. Town Level +5 S+ Rank + 3 CoA = 13. Moon Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Leo and Lia walked toward one another, their hands whirling with power. Leo's right fist burned with the fire of the Mera Mera no Mi, his left burning with the blue fire of the Phoenix. Lia's fists whirled with the power of the Sun Kata and immense Haki. They both rushed forward, meeting for a clash of the strongest of the family. Lia pushed upward, for she was much shorter than Leo. Jumping powerfully into an uppercut, Lia unleashed all of her martial arts mastery into one focal point, one punch stronger than any other. Their innermost souls met for a glimpse in time, the sister nodding, telling Leo to do it. But Leo knew what he had to do. He would not kill his sister.

That was not his Justice.

DPR: 6. City Level (121+, Zoans only) + S+:+5 + COA: +2 = 13. Moon Level

Leo's right fist came down, meeting Lia's own in the form of an enormously powerful clash. The Sun Kata, the Mera Mera no Mi, and Hakis most powerful, collided for an exchange between brother and sister. Shockwaves and fire were sent far and wide, unleashing fissures as far as the eye could see. Leo's left arm moved around Lia and behind her back, before pulling her in for a hug. Suddenly, fire erupted.

Leo transformed into his Amaterasu form, burning like the sun. A sphere of fire engulfed Leo and Lia, burning so ferociously that heatwaves were being sent across the Pangean plains. Leo was burning Lia and the Beruki to death. But within the inferno, the blue flames of the Phoenix were seen. Leo's plan was unleashed. He was burning Lia with the strongest fire in the world. And at the same time, he was healing Lia with the kindest fire in the world. A cycle of death and life, Lia was walking on the edge of it. But outside of that cycle was the damned Beruki. It received no mercy from Lia's brother. His fire burned the Beruki, but his fire did not heal the Beruki. Leo sought to incinerate Lia together with the Beruki, but only Lia would survive.

Thanks to the kindness and ultimate grace of the mythical creature. The legend. The Phoenix. Leo roared, unleashing all of the flame that he held within him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lia the Avatism:

@kakashi19283

Pannotia
Clash of convictions. Lia gave her brother a means and permission to end it. The two clashed. Far and wide, the waves of fire, will, and shockwave spread. The tower would begin to crumble. The ground began to shake. The fissures that took the island began to splinter it, to have it cave in. Slowly, but surely. Lia’s eyes were focused on the fist meeting. Those cold unmoving eyes. Until a warm touch came to her back. Lia was pulled forward, her face resting against Leo’s chest. Lia’s stoic face changed slightly, to one of suprise.

Lia burned. Lia revived. Conviction and hate mixed. Where once Lia cried in blood, now these were real tears. Her mouth gaped open slightly, as the Beruki shrieked, even louder than the roar of the flames. Kizaru slowly stood up, his eyes flickering as he saw the flames. A sight like no other. The fire burned orange and blue in a beautiful synergy.

Suddenly, the Beruki propped off Lia’s back, now black. Lia’s eyes turned to normal, as her arms wrapped around Leo in a warm sibling embrace.
[Dr. Ichigaki] “What!? No! Impossible! My calculations! They could not be wrong! What did you d-“
Dr. Ichigaki’s voice was abruptly stopped. A light passed through the mad doctor’s head. A light kick that beheaded Dr. Ichigaki. As if relieved, Lia curled a gentle and almost unnoticeable smile before her eyes went white. Lia fell forward, limp on Leo. Perhaps Leo could heal her physical injuries, but her mental and physical exhaustion, was undisturbed. Lia was alive. Brotherly Justice.

Admiral Kizaru approached Leo and Lia, his aura shifting. He looked at Lia in deep thought. The light man took out the contraption he used before to fool Dr. Ichigaki, the black-silvered den den mushi; on it emblazoned ‘Chapter Black’. Amidst the flames around them, the Admiral spoke with a cliffhanger.

Let the truth come out.
[Kizaru] “The mission is almost done. Only one loose end remains…”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The destructive flames of the Mera Mera no Mi and the healing flames of the Phoenix swirled, engulfing the brother and sister in a dance of life and death. The Beruki was sought by death, while Lia was sought by life. The parasitic creature was lost in the blaze, incinerated by Leo's wrath. By the time the blazing dance ended, Leo and Lia were seen in the middle of a scorched swirl. Leo's arms had transformed into wings, embracing Lia and healing her rapidly. Lia's eyes were blank, her consciousness already faded - but she was alive and well. Leo's wings started to scatter, some of the blue flames of the Phoenix remaining as cinders on Lia's body, continuing to heal her. Leo held his sister, visibly exhausted by it all. It took a lot of energy out of him to do what he did - especially after a couple of days long conquest of the Pangean depths.

Suddenly, a kick of light slammed into Dr. Ichigaki's head, hitting him with enough force to decapitate him. Admiral Kizaru stood up, his injury quite severe, but a man of an Admiral's stature would not go down to a wound like that. Admiral Kizaru walked toward Leo and Lia, taking out the black Den Den Mushi.

[Kizaru] “The mission is almost done. Only one loose end remains…”

Leo looked at the Admiral, Lia safely in his arms.

You're alive, Kizaru. Good. What is it?

Leo said, questioning what Kizaru had in mind.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lia the Avatism:

@kakashi19283

Pannotia
Let the truth come out. One loose end remained. Lia the Avatism was passed out. Kizaru was wounded. Leo was exhausted. All three stood at the top of the destroyed tower upon Pannoita, the research hub of Pangea. With them was the key, Lia’s blood, to turn humans into monsters. Monsters to threaten the surface whole. With Kizaru’s approach and statements, and showing he indeed had Chapter Black, the assumption was obvious.

Kizaru came close enough to be within reach of Lia, and spoke.
[Kizaru] “The mission is almost done. I took Chapter Black from Zephyr-sensei’s body while you all argued incessantly. With the tape back, and insurrection avoided, there is only one thing to do. Chimera warned me and Tsuru about the loose end.”
[Kizaru] “Justice must prevail.”
Kizaru’s eyes under his Zephyr shade had a glint as they looked over to Lia. The eyes of the light man then became dark. The aura that came next was one Leo would recognize; it was the same as back then. Yet, it was not directed at Leo. Instead, the admiral’s fearsome aura ran rampant. It was not until his words that it was shown whom the intent was directed.

Kizaru rolled up his sleeves as he locked eyes with Leo.

[Kizaru] “You heard the doctor. The Avatism. Her actions here today, even towards you and me, are clear: she is a danger to humanity. Control her they have, and will. Her blood is too much of a threat to ignore - she will birth a new insurrection. To bring her back to the surface - it’s too much of a risk.
[Kizaru] “The whole world is not worth one life - trust me, I know. Not even Zephyr’s life was worth the world. I know that now…”

Kizaru’s statement was long, tempered, but absolute. This was not just his intent. This was an order. Once more, Leo was issued an order. Kizaru’s eyes, though sharp, showed empathy, before his words would turn sour.
[Kizaru] “Your sister… she must die here.”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Admiral Kizaru approached Leo. He stood stoically, Lia safe in his hands. Admiral Kizaru stopped a few feet away from the brother and sister, speaking. The mission had come to an end. Chapter Black was in their hands. But, there was a loose end. As soon as Kizaru mentioned that, Leo's facial expression turned into a frown. He knew what Kizaru would say next. Leo had known it all along. This was bound to happen.

Kizaru continued, stating that Lia was a great danger to the world. She was the loose end that had to be taken care of. And Admiral Kizaru was here to do the deed. Leo's body tensed. He was too exhausted to take on a man like Kizaru right now. Kizaru was heavily injured as well. A fight between the two of them now would likely lead to horrible consequences for both men. Neither was in good shape.

Leo, likely to Kizaru's surprise, did not burst out in anger, for this turn of events did not surprise him. Instead, Leo spoke calmly. His arms turned into a Phoenix's wings. Lia was now hugged by a wing instead of an arm - held tightly to Leo's body. His feet turned into a Phoenix's talons.

So it came down to this... Kizaru. I figured it would. I am prepared.

Lia will live. If I cannot even save my own sister, I can never hope to save the people. That is my Justice.

Leo said, resolute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom