Ali

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

THE VINLAND SAGA.
Alternative name: None.
Year of release: 2019
Author: Yukimura Makoto
Genre: Action | Adventure | Drama | History

Synopse: As a child, Thorfinn sat at the feet of the great Leif Ericson and thrilled to wild tales of a land far to the west. But his youthful fantasies were shattered by a mercenary raid. Raised by the Vikings who murdered his family, Thorfinn became a terrifying warrior, forever seeking to kill the band's leader, Askeladd, and avenge his father. Sustaining Throfinn through his ordeal are his pride in his family and his dreams of a fertile westward land, a land without war or slavery...the land Leif called "Vinland".

Reactions: AL.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shall I start watching this? I know the manga is great :d so its also an option.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm super stoked that this is finally getting animated. I'll watch it with my brother soon if he's interested.

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I m loving it already

the depth given to Thors's death was quite amazing

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
i've heard this is good but i read the manga and people who said this is great mostly didn't read the manga. since it starts different then the manga should i invest?

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
i've heard this is good but i read the manga and people who said this is great mostly didn't read the manga. since it starts different then the manga should i invest?
yup give it a try

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I must said tho the beginning of the manga is amazing until it sucks half way for various reasons I can't put beacuse spoiler and I haven't watched but for what they tell me is just as good so I have this in my must-watch list

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hear good things about this Anime, I get nervous about Anime adaptations not all of them do the Manga justice.. The Manga is fire and now that I have heard the Anime is doing it some justice will have to give it a try it's on my watch list! ^^

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've been really enjoying Vinland Saga so far, depending how the rest of the episodes go and if I end up really liking it at the end then I might check out the manga when the anime is over.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Duel between Thorkell and Thorfinn was fire!!

Cam

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It has the same content afaik, it just does it in a different order to the manga.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Man this series need to be talked about more.

Easily my anime of the season! Havent watched Yaibai yet (but I doubt is as complex as this series)

Also WIT studio nailed this episode especially with the Thorfinn and Thorkell fight.
I love when they do the camera angle thing, it really works!!

Also got to say the scenery in general are gorgeous and crisp .

OST top tier
Op top tier
Animation phenomenon
Story/plot Top Tier

So far looks like this series is now in the anime of the year contender imo.
And its only 9 episode in.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Those leaves looked crisp in the wind and amazing detail to the season they were in.Thorkell's amazing as always too bad those men don't know when to fall back. Thought Thorkell would talk to Thorfinn about his parents later as he calmed down after hearing his mother's name I wonder what was going through his mind. Seriously fell for that trap after the reveal. Thorkell's eye lives to see another day

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is anime of the season IMHO but it really make me envy that Berserk or Kingdom didn't get Wit studios..

Top Bottom