• Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Introduction
Many things in the OPverse are inspired by Buddhism. Like Luffy being based on the Monkey King, Zoros Ashura transformation or Admirals being based on Chinese Zodiacs which is often combined with the Momotaro tale. In this theory I want to focus on how the Yonkou are inspired by the 4 Yambols of Chinese constellations and what conclusions we can draw from it.

Whitebeard and the White Tiger

I think its not really needed to talk about the color. But I think it is interisting to know that the color is not the only thing that connects the White Tiger and Whitebeard. The White Tiger also symbolize protection, sounds familiar right? Yes also Whitebeard was known for protecting many Islands and Kingdoms like Sphinx or Ryuugu.

Shanks and the Vermillion Bird

Again no need to talk about the color. The Vermilion is the symbol of good fortune and appears whenever a virtues ruler was born showing the beginning of a new era.

Another hint is actually that Shanks is from West Blue and the Vermillion Bird represents the West.

Kaidou and the Azure Dragon

By looking at the cover of Volume 93 I don't think that I have to say much about it.

But thats not the only thing. The Dragon also stands for immortality, which also fits with Kaidous description.

Big Mom and the Black Tortoise

This one is a bit tricky but it also fits! The Black Tortoise is known as the Warrior of the North. Big Mom is connects to Elbaf a contra refering to North Mythology. And she also fights like a "Warrior of the North".

Another Connection can be build up by the famous novel "Journey to the West". The King representing the Black Tortoise is portrayed as someone who loves good from all over the World.
This also backs up the possession theory. The Black Tortoise is a Turtle entwinded together with a Snake. This way we can see Big Mom as someone consists of 2 beings: Linlin and Mother Carmel.

What does it tell us about One Piece?
The 4 symbols of Chinese constellations are the protectors of the Buddhism. Even if the Yonkou themeselves are after One Piece they can also be seen as Last defense Line for One Piece, because noone can reach the Last Island without dealing with the Yonkou. Based on this 2 claims can be made.
The first claim that can be made is that One Piece is inspired by Buddhahood. This is backed up by basic speculation that One Piece is no real treasure more an ideology based on the thought of anyones freedom.
The second is that Pirate King being inspired by Buddha. This totally fits with Luffy being inspired by the Monkey King, who end up becoming a Buddha.

This way I would say the first known who reached One Piece or maybe created One Piece was actually Joy Boy. He is potrayed to be similiar to Luffy and was portrayed as symbol of freedom in the FI BGstory.
The next question would be who is Teach? One for sure he definetly didn't replaced Whitebeard as the next White Tiger/Protector.

Teach and the Mara

The Mara is a Demon in Buddhism who is also the symbol of death. He can be seen as the antagonist of Buddhism. A very important connection between Blackbeard and Mara is the number 3. About Mara is said he has 3 daughters who representing the 3 poisons of attraction, aversion and delusion. Blackbeards connection to the number 3 can allready be seen in his flag.

Based on this I think Teach will reach Raftel, but never understand what One Piece actually is, but also that he will try to disract Luffy. And there is one more.

Xebec and the Yellow Dragon

Besides the 4 symbols who represents the 4 directions North(Black Tortoise), East(Azure Dragon), South(Vermillion Bird) and West(Azure Dragon) there also exist the Yellow Dragon who represents the center. But why Xebec? The answer is simple. Xebec was leading over 3 of the Yonkou!

The only one missing is Shanks who was born at the time the era of Xebec ended. Multiple theories poped up with the idea Shanks could end up being the son of Xebec. This idea is back up by the thought that Whitebeard refers to Rox and not to Roger while he was talking about his wound while talking with Shanks.

It could also explain how Shanks was able to stop Kaidou during MF war without actually fighting him, telling Kaidou about his origins. And in the end it would totally fit wit Xebec representing the Yellow Dragon. Representing the center through being connected to all 4 of the Yonkou.

Conclusion
Yonkou are based on 4 symbols of the Chinese constellations. BM representing the Black Tortoise hints that the BM possible theory might come true.
This way One Piece can seen as Buddhahood. No real treausre more like an ideology based on the thought of freedom
In this context the Pirate King can be seen as Buddha. And that Joy Boy can be seen as the first Pirate King or the one who actually created One Piece.
Teach is inspired by the Mara a Demon which can basically seen as antagonist in Buddhism. He will never be able to understand what One Piece actually is.
Xebec the former captain of BM, Kaidou and WB might represent the Yellow Dragon backing up the idea of him being the father of Shanks.

I hope you enjoyed reading the theory :)

This Theory besides the new part about the Yellow Dragon this is almost a copy/paste of a theory I published on Orojackson.
You can find the original here.

Last edited:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Introduction
Many things in the OPverse are inspired by Buddhism. Like Luffy being based on the Monkey King, Zoros Ashura transformation or Admirals being based on Chinese Zodiacs which is often combined with the Momotaro tale. In this theory I want to focus on how the Yonkou are inspired by the 4 Yambols of Chinese constellations and what conclusions we can draw from it.

Whitebeard and the White Tiger

I think its not really needed to talk about the color. But I think it is interisting to know that the color is not the only thing that connects the White Tiger and Whitebeard. The White Tiger also symbolize protection, sounds familiar right? Yes also Whitebeard was known for protecting many Islands and Kingdoms like Sphinx or Ryuugu.

Shanks and the Vermillion Bird

Again no need to talk about the color. The Vermilion is the symbol of good fortune and appears whenever a virtues ruler was born showing the beginning of a new era.

Another hint is actually that Shanks is from West Blue and the Vermillion Bird represents the West.

Kaidou and the Azure Dragon

By looking at the cover of Volume 93 I don't think that I have to say much about it.

But thats not the only thing. The Dragon also stands for immortality, which also fits with Kaidous description.

Big Mom and the Black Tortoise

This one is a bit tricky but it also fits! The Black Tortoise is known as the Warrior of the North. Big Mom is connects to Elbaf a contra refering to North Mythology. And she also fights like a "Warrior of the North".

Another Connection can be build up by the famous novel "Journey to the West". The King representing the Black Tortoise is portrayed as someone who loves good from all over the World.
This also backs up the possession theory. The Black Tortoise is a Turtle entwinded together with a Snake. This way we can see Big Mom as someone consists of 2 beings: Linlin and Mother Carmel.

What does it tell us about One Piece?
The 4 symbols of Chinese constellations are the protectors of the Buddhism. Even if the Yonkou themeselves are after One Piece they can also be seen as Last defense Line for One Piece, because noone can reach the Last Island without dealing with the Yonkou. Based on this 2 claims can be made.
The first claim that can be made is that One Piece is inspired by Buddhahood. This is backed up by basic speculation that One Piece is no real treasure more an ideology based on the thought of anyones freedom.
The second is that Pirate King being inspired by Buddha. This totally fits with Luffy being inspired by the Monkey King, who end up becoming a Buddha.

This way I would say the first known who reached One Piece or maybe created One Piece was actually Joy Boy. He is potrayed to be similiar to Luffy and was portrayed as symbol of freedom in the FI BGstory.
The next question would be who is Teach? One for sure he definetly didn't replaced Whitebeard as the next White Tiger/Protector.

Teach and the Mara

The Mara is a Demon in Buddhism who is also the symbol of death. He can be seen as the antagonist of Buddhism. A very important connection between Blackbeard and Mara is the number 3. About Mara is said he has 3 daughters who representing the 3 poisons of attraction, aversion and delusion. Blackbeards connection to the number 3 can allready be seen in his flag.

Based on this I think Teach will reach Raftel, but never understand what One Piece actually is, but also that he will try to disract Luffy. And there is one more.

Rox and the Yellow Dragon

Besides the 4 symbols who represents the 4 directions North(Black Tortoise), East(Azure Dragon), South(Vermillion Bird) and West(Azure Dragon) there also exist the Yellow Dragon who represents the center. But why Rox? We recently learned that Big Mom and Kaidou were once members of Roxs crew and the Vivre Card of Whitebeard "Whitebeard onve joined a certain group of pirates" hints tha he was also a member of Roxs crew.
So we can say Rox was at least connected to 3 of the Yonkou, only Shanks missing who was born at the time the era of Rox ended. Multiple theories poped up with the idea Shanks could end up being the son of Rox. This idea is back up by the thought that Whitebeard refers to Rox and not to Roger while he was talking about his wound while talking with Shanks.

It could also explain how Shanks was able to stop Kaidou during MF war without actually fighting him, telling Kaidou about his origins. And in the end it would totally fit wit Rox representing the Yellow Dragon. Representing the center through being connected to any of the Yonkou.

Conclusion
Yonkou are based on 4 symbols of the Chinese constellations. BM representing the Black Tortoise hints that the BM possible theory might come true.
This way One Piece can seen as Buddhahood. No real treausre more like an ideology based on the thought of freedom
In this context the Pirate King can be seen as Buddha. And that Joy Boy can be seen as the first Pirate King or the one who actually created One Piece.
Teach is inspired by the Mara a Demon which can basically seen as antagonist in Buddhism. He will never be able to understand what One Piece actually is.
Captain of Rox might represents the Yellow Dragon backing up the idea of him being the father of Shanks.

This Theory besides the new part about the Yellow Dragon this is almost a copy/paste of a theory I published on Orojackson.
You can find the original here.

Solid theory BRUDER! it is not that mindblowing but all in all, it looks good and it's worth the lesson! there are many references of such caliber and more to explore! Good job!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well done. I very like inspiration in One Piece and correlations even more.

I hope someday someone could make a compilation book with all inspiration's character design.

Really aprecciate the time and effort you put on this theories. Keep it up! :dogkek:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A great theory!!
I like how you connected everything with the latest chapter. Good work :D

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hmm also maybe that she is described as a iron balloon (armament haki being black)

The only one missing is Shanks who was born at the time the era of Xebec ended. Multiple theories poped up with the idea Shanks could end up being the son of Xebec. This idea is back up by the thought that Whitebeard refers to Rox and not to Roger while he was talking about his wound while talking with Shanks.

It could also explain how Shanks was able to stop Kaidou during MF war without actually fighting him, telling Kaidou about his origins. And in the end it would totally fit wit Xebec representing the Yellow Dragon. Representing the center through being connected to all 4 of the Yonkou.
I'm not to sure myself about Shanks being Xebec's son. It would fit the story however with Garp taking care of Ace and Roger taking care of Shanks.

As for Shanks/Kaidou, not to sure that would be enough for Kaido to retreat. We'll have to wait till we find out more about that.

All in all it does fit overall however, if Xebec was related to all Yonkou :whistle:

Yup! Good read and it fits overall! (y)

Top Bottom