Webcomics Tower of God - Enryu's Secret Identity

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So, this sort of started out as a joke and crack theory, but as I looked at it more, there was just a lot of things that potentially fits for this to be true. If it doesn't turn out to be true, I won't be surprised, if it turns out to be true, I'll honestly laugh my ass off. In any case, let's get into the theory.

I'll start off by showing off this part from the Enryu page on the wiki:

But what if Enryu has already been appearing occasionally, usually just as a random character in the background? What if it's been this random character with a similar haircut, jawline, eyes obscured?

Enter Traveller(bear in mind, the perspective of Enryu here is slightly different from Traveller):

They even have the very similar eye shape:

Now, I know what you're going to say. The eyecolor, haircolor and size of the pupil is different. Yes, but let's go over it:
Pupil size is different, but you've only seen Traveller's pupil through his glasses, which usually distorts the size of things you see through.

Hair and eyecolor, I have multiple possible explanations for this:
  1. Enryu's red hair has been shown only when he was surrounded in red shinsu. It is possible that that did show his hair in a different light than it actually is. This is very common on stages with colorful lights. Same could be said for the eyes. It could also be special glasses that obscures the eyecolor.
  2. Another explanation could be an illusion. Enryu killed a guardian, I really don't think tinting his colors through illusions is much of a stretch.
  3. He lost the red hair and red eyes after giving up the thorn.
Another point to make is that Enryu is 184cm tall, Baam in season 2 is 180++cm tall according to SIU. Here you can see Baam and Traveller next to each other right after they met. I copied Baam down to show they're almost exactly the same height:

Other than visual similarities, there's also the fact that Androssi tortured Traveller, and he showed no damage, no bruises, no bleeding:

I did also find it strange that Rachel just brought along Traveller, but then it could be that they know each other, because both Rachel and Enryu have some sort of relation to Arlene and they're both Irregulars.

Conclusion? Traveller has always intrigued me because he's always just been there, coasting through in the back of frames, few people paying him attention. He'd even be gone for long periods of time only to reappear with no excuse, barely even exchanging any words with others. Why would they keep him around? He's nothing special.... right?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It is possible but still a stretch, though i wont say no cant be him. We know Traveller will likely return though in what fashion is the question.

As of right now, its a 50:50. But we need to know a little about him but the thing that is questionable is did have to run away from those machine(s) as we know Enryu the man who kill a Guardian but in-return can't kill those machines. Before you say, but he didn't want to be noticed then why would he come out to reveal himself and purposely make himself appear weak.

Whether it was to meet Baam or not, i just find meeting Baam could've been done much more better and epic albeit like how Mazino meets Baam.

Ren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So, this sort of started out as a joke and crack theory, but as I looked at it more, there was just a lot of things that potentially fits for this to be true. If it doesn't turn out to be true, I won't be surprised, if it turns out to be true, I'll honestly laugh my ass off. In any case, let's get into the theory.

I'll start off by showing off this part from the Enryu page on the wiki:

But what if Enryu has already been appearing occasionally, usually just as a random character in the background? What if it's been this random character with a similar haircut, jawline, eyes obscured?

Enter Traveller(bear in mind, the perspective of Enryu here is slightly different from Traveller):

They even have the very similar eye shape:

Now, I know what you're going to say. The eyecolor, haircolor and size of the pupil is different. Yes, but let's go over it:
Pupil size is different, but you've only seen Traveller's pupil through his glasses, which usually distorts the size of things you see through.

Hair and eyecolor, I have multiple possible explanations for this:
  1. Enryu's red hair has been shown only when he was surrounded in red shinsu. It is possible that that did show his hair in a different light than it actually is. This is very common on stages with colorful lights. Same could be said for the eyes. It could also be special glasses that obscures the eyecolor.
  2. Another explanation could be an illusion. Enryu killed a guardian, I really don't think tinting his colors through illusions is much of a stretch.
  3. He lost the red hair and red eyes after giving up the thorn.
Another point to make is that Enryu is 184cm tall, Baam in season 2 is 180++cm tall according to SIU. Here you can see Baam and Traveller next to each other right after they met. I copied Baam down to show they're almost exactly the same height:

Other than visual similarities, there's also the fact that Androssi tortured Traveller, and he showed no damage, no bruises, no bleeding:

I did also find it strange that Rachel just brought along Traveller, but then it could be that they know each other, because both Rachel and Enryu have some sort of relation to Arlene and they're both Irregulars.

Conclusion? Traveller has always intrigued me because he's always just been there, coasting through in the back of frames, few people paying him attention. He'd even be gone for long periods of time only to reappear with no excuse, barely even exchanging any words with others. Why would they keep him around? He's nothing special.... right?
Hmmm so you read TOG ... interesting.

Top Bottom