Island Vinlandia

Vinlandia Leaders
    Reaction score
    Salty Doubloons
    The Vinladian Terrains

Walking alongside Kallavan with his right arm wrapped around the former's shoulder, Thorkell responded, "I'll make sure you'd lose again when the time comes. Muahahahaha!"

Thorkell knew he would've lost that one if it continued, so what he said could either be a bluff or to tease the admiral. He continued laughing until he heard the man say the term Devil Fruit. "Oh! I am sure that term somewhat reached here. However, we never really saw proof of that. But lemme tell you this."

Thors butted in, "Long time ago, about a millennium had passed a very powerful individual once ruled the skies. He was very powerful that our ancestors even considered him a God. He was the one responsible for the storms, thunder, and lightning. He controlled the weather with his abilities."

"Thank you, Thors! And your name was actually named after him, right?"

Thors gave him both a nod as they exchange glances. The powerful individuals in Thorkell, Kallavan, and Thors all headed to the dinner table. The feast is ready! Soon, the other marines followed suit. They all sat there as the women served them dishes and drinks.

"Lord of Thunderbolt!"

"Imagine being called a god because of one's ability to control the weather."

"If that's a devil fruit that you spoke of, I would want to have that."

Thorkell, teased Kallavan using his right elbow pointed at his left ribs, "Don't worry my soldier friend, I will share some with you when we saw that. You're fine with that? Huh?"

Thors went to business, "Uncle, Kallavan, let's discuss."

He laid the map down on the table after clearing the plates and mugs for a while. "This is the map of Vinlandia."

"This land has a varied geography with strong contrasts. In the Eastern regions which are occupied by the Saxons led by King Sweyn and his brother Harald, flat coastal plains give way to valleys, then to ranges of hills and mountains in mid and north sections. It gives them an advantage against and to launch ambushes. They can register different planks to corner their enemies. And they have more soldiers than us."

"This region, the west is more rugged in terms of coastlines so it gives us an advantage against portal or coastal attacks. We can deploy archers and dissect their warships even before reaching the shore. We have some mountainous regions in the borders but that is of equal advantage as the Saxons."

"My worry is our numbers, right now, we only have 1000 elite soldiers who can fight against them. But I am sure as Bors that they are more than capable of defending our land. They drink blood. They feast on enemies fleshes. WE ARE VIKINGS!!! This is all we do."

"And Askelladd, he is one mysterious bastard. But he is crazy strong, too."

List of Kings for your reference
    1. Saxon King Harald, Northeast Vinlandia (2500 Soldiers)
    2. Saxon King Sweyn, Southeast Vinlandia (older of the two) (2500 Soldiers)
    3. Viking Leader Thorkell the Tall, Southwest Vinlandia (500 Soldiers)
    4. Viking Leader Askeladd, Northwest Vinlandia (500 Soldiers)

"What do you say, Kallavan?", added Thors.

@QuickZilver708

a word
    Reaction score
    Salty Doubloons
    Vinland

Kallavan, chained and bound was enslaved to the powers of the sea. He could only stand proud and listen to Askeladd's rambling. The Admiral would look up and saw as the Viking continued to ramble. But this time the marine would offer him no reply. He had grown tired of this endless back and forth. There was no place in this universe where the two of them would see eye to eye. Kallavan had made up his mind on that fact and that one alone. Now that Thors had arrived the Welshman started his final ploy, a trick that even made the marine sick to his stomach. How could a man lower himself below dirt, he questioned in his mind.

And so began the play to drag Thors to Askeladd's side. The Admiral could not help but sigh, genuinely tired of this charade.

"That was indeed the plan. But I was dragged here as a means to divide us. A battle was forced between me and Askeladd, for I did not wish to leave as he wanted me to. I gave you my word did I not?" Kallavan said, giving his version of events. It was the truth but whether Thors wanted to accept them was a different matter.

"I am bound by that which seals my abilities. The one I've shown you in confidence a few days ago. And yet this man, a supposed ally of yours, knows it by name, type and its one grand weakness. Despite us never have met before. Countless times the Vikings have shown me to not know what devil fruits are but Askeladd does. It is because he comes from my world. The blues. And because of that he is my responsibility." Kallavan said giving a sharp exhale and looked to the sky, preparing his final words.

"I have no physical proof of what I say. But if my subjects have not convinced you of the type of character I am then I do not know what else I must do to require your faith Thors-san. I can only but hope and trust that you believe the words I am saying. For I cannot do much else."

Kallavan said and finished before returning his gaze forward, staring down to the beyond. He kept an unsurprising amount of cool and unwavering attitude during all of this. He had said his piece and hoped that whatever Trevor had done during their travels would be enough fate to trust the marine on mere words.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom