Questions & Mysteries Who Did Shanks Replace in the Yonko?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I remember that Shanks became a Yonko recently ... which means that there was a pirate in the One Piece world that was a Yonko before him 6 years ago. So that means either he killed that Yonko or the Yonko died or just went missing. So I'm guessing it has to be another former Rocks member like Ochoko, Shiki, Silver Axe or some other pirate that wasn't related to them at all.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Don't think so ! It was never mentioned or hinted that there was another Yanko !
The close one was Shikki !
And knowing age of Mihawak, Croco , Boa and others it seems Shichibukai system was introduced after Shanks become Yanko..
Specially Mihawak , since he had duels with Shanks..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
And also Yanko means four emperor
So the name was given after Shanks become emperor...
So , there were only 3 emperor before , with Shanks joining them become yan - Ko !!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shooting from the hip: former Rocks Pirate and legendary pirate Silver Axe was a Giant Viking type from Elbaf. Shanks claimed Elbaf as part of his territory after Silver Axe came by trying to start shit.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I agree with Sankou thought.

I mean what we learned 957 have as vague what happened in the New World the past 40+ years.
  • Rocks Reign
  • Gods Valley accident
  • Roger returned to EB, rise of Whitebeard, Shiki and Big Mom (Most likely also Cpt. John, Silver Ace and the one named after real pirate)
  • Rogers return to NW and finding Laugh Tale incl. end of Shiki (maybe also end of the other 3)
  • Rogers execution followed by Kaidous return and him conquering Wano (Most likely together with Moria)
  • Also Shanks became famous especially through his legendary duell with Mihawk
  • Shanks went to EB.
  • Shanks Return and founding of the Schibukai system

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It was explicitly stated that Shanks is acknowledge as Yonko just recenly ( years ago), which means that the other 3 were "acknowledged" before.
I don't think there was a Sankou.
My guess is Rayleigh and then he just went MIA and in retirement.

Perfect way to reintroduce Rayleigh in the upcomming conflict.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wang Zhi or Silver Axe or another Rocks pirate might have been previous Yonko whom Shanks defeated

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think there ever was yonko thingy before

it is just that, (after Roger's era) pirates in the NW are still powerful (WB, Kaido, BM) and Shanks rising as well, WG just assume those pirates were the "Sea Emperor" (pirates who rule over some territories in NW) , thus, yonko terms was established, resulting "sichibukai" status from WG for pirates who is strong enough to help them if, if those 4 pirates decided to wreaking havoc on WG territories.

for me, it does not make sense after Rocks disband, and people like WB, Kaido, BM just start naming themselves "emperor". Just like that Morgans giving zero fucks calling Luffy the 5th emperor, Luffy would never called himself emperor, so does WB Kaido BM and Shanks in the past.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It was the rocks era, then the Roger era then the yonko era. Pretty sure the yonko system was established shortly after Roger's execution due to the power vacuum in the NW. Oda alrdy threw us some names for former yonkos. Silver axe, shikki and Wang Zhi are prime candidates for former yonko.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It was the rocks era, then the Roger era then the yonko era. Pretty sure the yonko system was established shortly after Roger's execution due to the power vacuum in the NW. Oda alrdy threw us some names for former yonkos. Silver axe, shikki and Wang Zhi are prime candidates for former yonko.
If there was a Yonkou system before Shanks Silver Axe, Wang Zhi and Captain John are Potential candidates, but you can definetly remove Shikki.
Shikki disappeared after Rogers execution.

Top Bottom