Duel A Dreadful Encounter

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ichimonji
Uteki was currently on a mission. She was looking for ways of getting stronger. She had been in a lot of life or death battles lately, but felt like she hit a wall for her personal advancement. That is why she ventured out alone. Searching island after island. Hoping something would come to her, or that she'd find something to get her past this wall. When she finally found something, it would be more than what she had bargained for. It was rumors of a terrifying individual. At least, everyone she heard speak of them seemed to think so. She decided to stay in the village these rumors originated from for a bit. Hoping the source of these rumors would appear again, and that whoever was responsible for them would be able to help her break past this wall she had spent so long trying to overcome. She didn't waste money on lodgings. She was able to construct a living arrangement using her abilities in the forest near the town. Her days would be spent eavesdropping in the pub. Blade at her side, she was ready if the individual returned. However, she felt like she had been spending too much time on the island, and so she was close to giving up. When...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

A Dreadful Encounter
The Betrayal of Death!

@tlgRen

The Forest
The woman would find no rumors in the town. Dusk fell as she would return to the warm vibrant forest. The green and luscious trees donned above her. A crunch would echo. Uteki stepped on a dead leaf; out of place in the plants filled with life. That dead leaf led to a trail of dead leaves deeper into the forest, followed by a trail of blood, a trail of a body being dragged.

The air would grow thinner, colder, and dreadful. The once warm ground became cold to the touch. The trees would grow withered, until no life could be found at its branches. A gentle fog and mist swept the area, huddling the sliver of light from the moonlight. A dark forest.

Suddenly, a scream of a soul lost echoed, of a woman clinging to life. The voice suddenly shut abruptly of a life taken. Through the mist, figures stood amidst the cold air.

[Younger Brother] “M-M-M-Mother! P-p-please don’t l-l-leave us here...”
The voice trailed off in the clearing. If Uteki approached, she’s see a nightmare. The bottom half of a middle-aged woman cut in half, tossed like a rag doll against the tree. The trail of blood Uteki followed ended in the organs that spilled out her gaping waist like a chia pet.

A cloaked figure held the top of the woman’s body across her golden hook. The woman was held up above the cloak’s head. Dripping from her open mouth was the last of her blood. Among the blood was a green light, drunk along with the blood; a soul. Two young wounded boys, neither older than 7, watched in horror and disbelief, on their knees.

[La Spada] “Both still alive? As a reward for yah’ impressive endurance. I promise to spare one of yah’ lives. So, which one of Yah ’ wants it more?”

The boys quivered in fear. Their fear was almost palpable. The cloaked one promised one of them their lives. As they looked at each other, the figure chuckled, her eyes enjoying the torture.

[Younger Brother] “Don’t be a fool! You have no choice but to kill us! If not, we’ll just get stronger, until one day we’ll kill you instead!”
[Elder Brother] “He‘s only speaking for himself! Spare my life! I’ll do anything that you ask.”

The younger brother turned to his kin. His eyes watered. A death sentence forged and signed in blood.

[La Spada] “The decision is made.”

The cloaked figure rose her left hand. From the cloak, boney fingers appeared, shinning in the moonlight. A green light glowed at the tip of the index finger, lighting the face of the figure. The younger brother lowered his head, accepting his fate. Suddenly, a light beam pierced the Elder Brother’s forehead, killing him instantly.

[La Spada] “In the demon world, there is no place for grovelers. I much prefer people like you to fight on my side. No loyalties to confuse. Your desire to kill mah’ keeps you growing stronger.”
[La Spada] “Your time of death is no longer your decision child. KUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!”
A maniacal laughter echoed, sweeping through the forest. A high-pitched cackle with a taste for torture.

Inspiration: link

STATISTICS
Statistics
92 x 5 = 460
Race, MA, DF, Mind

Strength: 114 (73 + 36 + 5)
Agility: 99 (66 + 18 + 15)

Movement: 102
Reaction: 101 (96 + 5)
Vitality: 91 x2 (45 + 36 + 10)
Durability: 100
Stamina: 82
Yomi Yomi no Mi: 100 (82 +18)
Haki: 91 x2

Armaments: 100​
Awareness: 82​
Martial Arts: 63 x2
Fencing Style: 100
Fiero: 26
Mind: 31 x2 (40 - 9)
Musician: 62
Perks:
Yomi Perk: Bones are hardened with one’s soul, granting a +1 durability bracket.
Fencing Perk: Fencing techniques use significantly less stamina.
Professions:
Devil Fruitology: *****​
Occult Studies: ****​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ichimonji
After another day of waiting around at the pub, Uteki was on her way back to her current home situation in the forest. As she is walking she hears an unusual sound. The source of it was a dried up and dead leaf crunching beneath her feet. She decides to investigate further. She eventually discovered more dead leaves. They seemed to be leading her somewhere. She followed along the path and came across a scene that most would describe as traumatic. A mysterious individual had just murdered a kid and was laughing like a crazy person. She didn't feel hatred or anger towards this individual, at least not currently. She walked up towards them, her hand gripping the hilt of her blade.

"Maybe you'd like a different target for your games?"

This person did not seem to care about life. It made Uteki think of the rumors she had heard that caused her to stay in town. Was this person the one responsible? She had no idea. All she knew was that, for whatever reason, she felt that fighting this person would prove helpful in surpassing the wall she couldn't break through. She unsheathes her blade and shifts into a fighting stance. The blade diagonally covering part of her face. Her green eyes reflected in its steel showing a determined look. Truthfully, she didn't like the idea of killing children. However, she also didn't like the idea of interfering with someone else if they were not bothering her. Maybe she decided this person could help her breakthrough her wall to be able to fight her without feeling like she was betraying her personal beliefs. Either way, she wasn't leaving without a fight.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter
The Betrayal of Death!

@tlgRen
[remember to post your stats! :) ]

The Dark Forest
The you boy hung his head in defeat. Demoralized. La Spada‘s eyes curled to the side as a woman appeared. The woman made a bold statement, met by a mischievous grin of the cloaked figure.

Still holding the halved upper body of the mother with her hooked right hand, La Spada brought the mother’s head to her own. A rotting gray tounge with maggots swirling around it appeared from the cloak, licking the cold cheek of the mother slowly.

[La Spada] “This one has lost all taste. If you so insist, yah’ will be my next meal. Kuahahahahaha!”

The arrogant words led into a maddening cackle. The cloaked one had turned to the newcomer, eyed her up and down, and continued to cackle. With Awareness powers of color of observation, La Spada was feeling her strength and “voice”. An aura of death and penance leaked from the cloak, slurred into a low ominous pitched voice.

[La Spada] “I doubt I need an introduction, but just in case, I am the mighty Spada, and yes, all the horror stories you heard are true. Kuahahahaha!!”

An introduction fitting for a Lord. La Spada‘s yellow-slit eyes glowed from beneath the cloak. The young boy, seeing a chance, pulled himself up to run. From beneath La Spada’s cloak, a small green skeleton was birthed. The bright green light quickly passed through the young boy’s legs before dissipating. Ice appeared on the boy’s legs, shackling him to the ground. Perhaps an inside view of The Grim’s abilities.

In a taunt, La Spada spoke boldly. Another wicked mind game.
[La Spada] “Tell me child. What is it yah’ seek? I’d be remiss if yah’ don’t obtain it in the Underworld. I’ll have mah’ puppies waiting for yah there...”

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ichimonji
Both boys were now dead and joined their mother in the afterlife. Uteki didn't feel right about what she would end up doing next, but she felt if she didn't show some level of callousness right now, it would cause her to be overwhelmed soon. The one called Spada cackled as she introduced herself and asked what Uteki sought. Wanting to make sure she got it in the underworld.

"Well, you certainly seem confident. I doubt many have been a match for you. However.... I doubt I'll be that easy."

With that, the corpses of the two boys began to move. Uteki had manipulated their blood to move them. Normally this wasn't something she could do with corpses. However, given how recently they died, it was possible. The reanimated boys would be launched towards Spada's back. Uteki at the same time would draw her blade. Now fully in combat mode. She spoke to Spada to answer her question now that her little trick was done with.

"Long term? Or right now? Right now... I seek strength. I seek battle. Long term? No need for me to tell you. Now, you've given me your name, so I shall give you mine. I'm Uteki, though you've probably never heard of me."

Uteki then began to calmly walk towards La Spada with her blade drawn. Slowly closing the distance and almost inviting La Spada to attack her.

Enthrall- The user takes control of someone's blood, allowing them to manipulate their movements similar to the Ito Ito no mi's Parasite ability. This ability is only usable on fodder NPCs and single named NPCs. The number of fodder NPCs can not be more than 25% of the user's mastery, and the singular NPC can not be above 20 levels below the user's level and their mastery. (Requires 61 Mastery)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter
Battle in the Dark Forest!

@tlgRen
The Dark Forest
The woman, now introduced as Uteki, animated the boy’s bodies. La Spada’s eyes widened, and a grin slew her mouth. This woman had powers of the Devil as well. As pondering came, La Spada remained turned towards Uteki. The boys would charge towards the Empress’ back.

From the cloak came a tail, rotten and boney. To the first boy, the tail aimed to slam into him, sending him against the tree with such force it would carve him into the tree. For the second, the tail aimed to wrap around the boy’s chest and arms, preventing movement and taking him captive.

Nonchalant, La Spada spoke.

[La Spada] “Strength? My dear, yah’ a hundred years of agony displaced from obtaining the strength to spit on Hades himself and battle with mah’ on equal ground. Howe ah’ I do have things to teach Yah’...”
With a swipe of her tail, La Spada threw the boy’s corpse to a UtekI. The speed was such that it would rival La Spada enourmous strength. The boy’s corpse aimed to slam into her.

[La Spada] “Use those around Yah’ as pawns.... deliver yah’ desires!”

La Spada had her boney hand raised, one finger glowing green with energy. If or when Uteki would move, the finger would follow for a surprise attack. If she dodged, La Spada would keep firing. Bolts of energy, at least three, would fire off in succession with the speed of a laser. The attack would penetrate and freeze at the same time.

[La Spada] “Spirit Gun...”

Spada Attack
81-100: 5. Large Building Level +1 C Rank = 101-119: 6. City Block Level

Spirit Gun: The user concentrates their soul into the user's hand, releasing it through one's finger tip in the form of a blast. The blast is capable of damaging and freezing anything it hits. At 81+ mastery, the blast speed rivals a laser.
Requirements: 21 Devil Fruit, 21 Strength

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ichimonji
Uteki looked on in slight shock. She used such a ghastly method to try and surprise Spada. She did not expect the corpse of the first boy to be brutalized like that. She could still control the bits and pieces of it still, but felt it deserved to rest now. When the second corpse was thrown at her, she immediately used her control of it to slam it into the ground, causing a crater to form as a result. She readied her blade. Set on using her swordplay exclusively now that her initial surprise attempt has failed.

Her blade drawn, she enhances it with invisible haki. She has a feel for opponent's strength based on how hard the corpse was thrown at her. She doesn't want to go full blast with haki just yet, if she is forced to use it against the greeting, then it would spell her doom later, when the stronger attacks come. She then assumes a defensive stance and parries the incoming attacks with swings of her sword. Once finished, she makes an extra swing of her blade that would send a barely visible flying slash towards Spada. It may have look liked Uteki wasted an extra slash in a panic while defending from the barrage of shots that was fired at her at first, delaying Spada's response.

"Third of the Forms: Kogetsu."

Eighth of the Forms: Shizukesa- The user assumes a defensive stance and parries incoming attacks with a physical form. Only works if the user's Reaction Speed is in the same tier as the speed of the attack(s). +1 DPR while defending.
Requirements: 61 Mastery, 61 Reaction Speed

Spada attack: 6 City Block Level vs 8. Island Level. 2 or below, not very effective/didn't hit. (101 Durability- 6 City Level + 1 DPR from Above technique + 1 invisible haki)

Uteki attack:
Third of the Forms: Kogetsu- A flying slash/thrust that travels in an arc mimicking a crescent moon. Vibrations accompany it and make it more deadly than it appears to be. 51-70 Mastery: Destructive Potency: B

81 STR: 5 + B Rank Technique 2 + Invisible Haki 1 = 8 Island Level.

Statistics 82 x 5 = 410 (1 Points Unspent)
Strength: 81 (44 +32 Human/Tiefling +5 DF)
Agility: 101 x2 (80 +16 Human/Tiefling +5 MA) [Movement Speed: 101 - Reaction Speed: 101]
Vitality: 101 x2 (59 +32 Human/Tiefling +10 DF) [Durability: 101 - Stamina: 101]
Chi Chi no Mi: 100 (84 +16 Human/Tiefling) [Perk: Undecided]
Haki: 84 x2 [Armaments: 68 - Precognition Mantra: 100]
Martial Arts: 50 x2 [Haemokinetic Combat: 100 (Perk: Origin of Forms: Kubomi)]
Mind: 0 (8 -8 Human/Tiefling)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter
Battle in the Dark Forest!

@tlgRen
The Dark Forest
Bodies riddled the battleground. Having been able to use the children, the woman chose not to. A decision the dark one rejected. Instead, La Spada cackled as the lasers left her finger. Parried, the Empress chuckled. Her face went from one of curiosity to excitement; this one had more fight after all.

Suddenly, cuts appeared on her cloak. The Empress now saw the woman’s badly made ruse, and zig-zagged to dodge the rest. The Grim gently landed, scratches on her boney arm from the attacks that slipped through. Yet, the Grim looked undeterred. The maniacal laughter did not stop. Did she enjoy it?

Nonchalant, La Spada spoke.

[La Spada] “My child, you operate in the light still. Evil operates in the dark. Use it...!”
With a swipe of her tail, in front of her, the ground was torn asunder, dust rising up. From its billow came a single laser. A feint, to call her attention, for La Spada appeared diagonally to Uteki’s right, a mere 10 feet from her, her Saijo O Wazamono blade drawn and cocked back. Pockets of air came next.

[La Spada] “Parry this.... Polka Remise!!!”

A flurry of air pockets the size of palms fell upon Uteki. Their girth was large, covering a large area around her. They aimed to riddle her with holes, using the smoke and the feint to mask the approach.

Note: You’re using the wrong DPS guidelines. There was an updated one here for both attacks and Dura. Your attack should be 8. City level. Not your fault, was never updated in Skills Thread (But hopefully will be soon)

Uteki Attack: 8. City Level
Spada Dura: 101-119: 7. Mountain Level
DPR 1 below dura: somewhat effective​

Spada Attack: 101-119: 7. Town Level +3 A Rank (Top 12 sword) = 10. Island Level
Polka Remise ("Polka Continuation"): The user delivers several thrusts against an opponent. Visually, due to the user's speed, it looks as if they are thrusting with several swords. Utilizing this technique, the user can make various Abade Coup Droit.​
Requirements: 51 Strength, 41 Fencing​

Top Bottom