Duel A Dreadful Encounter

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ichimonji
Uteki was currently on a mission. She was looking for ways of getting stronger. She had been in a lot of life or death battles lately, but felt like she hit a wall for her personal advancement. That is why she ventured out alone. Searching island after island. Hoping something would come to her, or that she'd find something to get her past this wall. When she finally found something, it would be more than what she had bargained for. It was rumors of a terrifying individual. At least, everyone she heard speak of them seemed to think so. She decided to stay in the village these rumors originated from for a bit. Hoping the source of these rumors would appear again, and that whoever was responsible for them would be able to help her break past this wall she had spent so long trying to overcome. She didn't waste money on lodgings. She was able to construct a living arrangement using her abilities in the forest near the town. Her days would be spent eavesdropping in the pub. Blade at her side, she was ready if the individual returned. However, she felt like she had been spending too much time on the island, and so she was close to giving up. When...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

A Dreadful Encounter
The Betrayal of Death!

@tlgRen

The Forest
The woman would find no rumors in the town. Dusk fell as she would return to the warm vibrant forest. The green and luscious trees donned above her. A crunch would echo. Uteki stepped on a dead leaf; out of place in the plants filled with life. That dead leaf led to a trail of dead leaves deeper into the forest, followed by a trail of blood, a trail of a body being dragged.

The air would grow thinner, colder, and dreadful. The once warm ground became cold to the touch. The trees would grow withered, until no life could be found at its branches. A gentle fog and mist swept the area, huddling the sliver of light from the moonlight. A dark forest.

Suddenly, a scream of a soul lost echoed, of a woman clinging to life. The voice suddenly shut abruptly of a life taken. Through the mist, figures stood amidst the cold air.

[Younger Brother] “M-M-M-Mother! P-p-please don’t l-l-leave us here...”
The voice trailed off in the clearing. If Uteki approached, she’s see a nightmare. The bottom half of a middle-aged woman cut in half, tossed like a rag doll against the tree. The trail of blood Uteki followed ended in the organs that spilled out her gaping waist like a chia pet.

A cloaked figure held the top of the woman’s body across her golden hook. The woman was held up above the cloak’s head. Dripping from her open mouth was the last of her blood. Among the blood was a green light, drunk along with the blood; a soul. Two young wounded boys, neither older than 7, watched in horror and disbelief, on their knees.

[La Spada] “Both still alive? As a reward for yah’ impressive endurance. I promise to spare one of yah’ lives. So, which one of Yah ’ wants it more?”

The boys quivered in fear. Their fear was almost palpable. The cloaked one promised one of them their lives. As they looked at each other, the figure chuckled, her eyes enjoying the torture.

[Younger Brother] “Don’t be a fool! You have no choice but to kill us! If not, we’ll just get stronger, until one day we’ll kill you instead!”
[Elder Brother] “He‘s only speaking for himself! Spare my life! I’ll do anything that you ask.”

The younger brother turned to his kin. His eyes watered. A death sentence forged and signed in blood.

[La Spada] “The decision is made.”

The cloaked figure rose her left hand. From the cloak, boney fingers appeared, shinning in the moonlight. A green light glowed at the tip of the index finger, lighting the face of the figure. The younger brother lowered his head, accepting his fate. Suddenly, a light beam pierced the Elder Brother’s forehead, killing him instantly.

[La Spada] “In the demon world, there is no place for grovelers. I much prefer people like you to fight on my side. No loyalties to confuse. Your desire to kill mah’ keeps you growing stronger.”
[La Spada] “Your time of death is no longer your decision child. KUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!”
A maniacal laughter echoed, sweeping through the forest. A high-pitched cackle with a taste for torture.

Inspiration: link

STATISTICS
Statistics
92 x 5 = 460
Race, MA, DF, Mind

Strength: 114 (73 + 36 + 5)
Agility: 99 (66 + 18 + 15)

Movement: 102
Reaction: 101 (96 + 5)
Vitality: 91 x2 (45 + 36 + 10)
Durability: 100
Stamina: 82
Yomi Yomi no Mi: 100 (82 +18)
Haki: 91 x2

Armaments: 100​
Awareness: 82​
Martial Arts: 63 x2
Fencing Style: 100
Fiero: 26
Mind: 31 x2 (40 - 9)
Musician: 62
Perks:
Yomi Perk: Bones are hardened with one’s soul, granting a +1 durability bracket.
Fencing Perk: Fencing techniques use significantly less stamina.
Professions:
Devil Fruitology: *****​
Occult Studies: ****​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ichimonji
After another day of waiting around at the pub, Uteki was on her way back to her current home situation in the forest. As she is walking she hears an unusual sound. The source of it was a dried up and dead leaf crunching beneath her feet. She decides to investigate further. She eventually discovered more dead leaves. They seemed to be leading her somewhere. She followed along the path and came across a scene that most would describe as traumatic. A mysterious individual had just murdered a kid and was laughing like a crazy person. She didn't feel hatred or anger towards this individual, at least not currently. She walked up towards them, her hand gripping the hilt of her blade.

"Maybe you'd like a different target for your games?"

This person did not seem to care about life. It made Uteki think of the rumors she had heard that caused her to stay in town. Was this person the one responsible? She had no idea. All she knew was that, for whatever reason, she felt that fighting this person would prove helpful in surpassing the wall she couldn't break through. She unsheathes her blade and shifts into a fighting stance. The blade diagonally covering part of her face. Her green eyes reflected in its steel showing a determined look. Truthfully, she didn't like the idea of killing children. However, she also didn't like the idea of interfering with someone else if they were not bothering her. Maybe she decided this person could help her breakthrough her wall to be able to fight her without feeling like she was betraying her personal beliefs. Either way, she wasn't leaving without a fight.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter
The Betrayal of Death!

@tlgRen
[remember to post your stats! :) ]

The Dark Forest
The you boy hung his head in defeat. Demoralized. La Spada‘s eyes curled to the side as a woman appeared. The woman made a bold statement, met by a mischievous grin of the cloaked figure.

Still holding the halved upper body of the mother with her hooked right hand, La Spada brought the mother’s head to her own. A rotting gray tounge with maggots swirling around it appeared from the cloak, licking the cold cheek of the mother slowly.

[La Spada] “This one has lost all taste. If you so insist, yah’ will be my next meal. Kuahahahahaha!”

The arrogant words led into a maddening cackle. The cloaked one had turned to the newcomer, eyed her up and down, and continued to cackle. With Awareness powers of color of observation, La Spada was feeling her strength and “voice”. An aura of death and penance leaked from the cloak, slurred into a low ominous pitched voice.

[La Spada] “I doubt I need an introduction, but just in case, I am the mighty Spada, and yes, all the horror stories you heard are true. Kuahahahaha!!”

An introduction fitting for a Lord. La Spada‘s yellow-slit eyes glowed from beneath the cloak. The young boy, seeing a chance, pulled himself up to run. From beneath La Spada’s cloak, a small green skeleton was birthed. The bright green light quickly passed through the young boy’s legs before dissipating. Ice appeared on the boy’s legs, shackling him to the ground. Perhaps an inside view of The Grim’s abilities.

In a taunt, La Spada spoke boldly. Another wicked mind game.
[La Spada] “Tell me child. What is it yah’ seek? I’d be remiss if yah’ don’t obtain it in the Underworld. I’ll have mah’ puppies waiting for yah there...”

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ichimonji
Both boys were now dead and joined their mother in the afterlife. Uteki didn't feel right about what she would end up doing next, but she felt if she didn't show some level of callousness right now, it would cause her to be overwhelmed soon. The one called Spada cackled as she introduced herself and asked what Uteki sought. Wanting to make sure she got it in the underworld.

"Well, you certainly seem confident. I doubt many have been a match for you. However.... I doubt I'll be that easy."

With that, the corpses of the two boys began to move. Uteki had manipulated their blood to move them. Normally this wasn't something she could do with corpses. However, given how recently they died, it was possible. The reanimated boys would be launched towards Spada's back. Uteki at the same time would draw her blade. Now fully in combat mode. She spoke to Spada to answer her question now that her little trick was done with.

"Long term? Or right now? Right now... I seek strength. I seek battle. Long term? No need for me to tell you. Now, you've given me your name, so I shall give you mine. I'm Uteki, though you've probably never heard of me."

Uteki then began to calmly walk towards La Spada with her blade drawn. Slowly closing the distance and almost inviting La Spada to attack her.

Enthrall- The user takes control of someone's blood, allowing them to manipulate their movements similar to the Ito Ito no mi's Parasite ability. This ability is only usable on fodder NPCs and single named NPCs. The number of fodder NPCs can not be more than 25% of the user's mastery, and the singular NPC can not be above 20 levels below the user's level and their mastery. (Requires 61 Mastery)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter
Battle in the Dark Forest!

@tlgRen
The Dark Forest
The woman, now introduced as Uteki, animated the boy’s bodies. La Spada’s eyes widened, and a grin slew her mouth. This woman had powers of the Devil as well. As pondering came, La Spada remained turned towards Uteki. The boys would charge towards the Empress’ back.

From the cloak came a tail, rotten and boney. To the first boy, the tail aimed to slam into him, sending him against the tree with such force it would carve him into the tree. For the second, the tail aimed to wrap around the boy’s chest and arms, preventing movement and taking him captive.

Nonchalant, La Spada spoke.

[La Spada] “Strength? My dear, yah’ a hundred years of agony displaced from obtaining the strength to spit on Hades himself and battle with mah’ on equal ground. Howe ah’ I do have things to teach Yah’...”
With a swipe of her tail, La Spada threw the boy’s corpse to a UtekI. The speed was such that it would rival La Spada enourmous strength. The boy’s corpse aimed to slam into her.

[La Spada] “Use those around Yah’ as pawns.... deliver yah’ desires!”

La Spada had her boney hand raised, one finger glowing green with energy. If or when Uteki would move, the finger would follow for a surprise attack. If she dodged, La Spada would keep firing. Bolts of energy, at least three, would fire off in succession with the speed of a laser. The attack would penetrate and freeze at the same time.

[La Spada] “Spirit Gun...”

Spada Attack
81-100: 5. Large Building Level +1 C Rank = 101-119: 6. City Block Level

Spirit Gun: The user concentrates their soul into the user's hand, releasing it through one's finger tip in the form of a blast. The blast is capable of damaging and freezing anything it hits. At 81+ mastery, the blast speed rivals a laser.
Requirements: 21 Devil Fruit, 21 Strength

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ichimonji
Uteki looked on in slight shock. She used such a ghastly method to try and surprise Spada. She did not expect the corpse of the first boy to be brutalized like that. She could still control the bits and pieces of it still, but felt it deserved to rest now. When the second corpse was thrown at her, she immediately used her control of it to slam it into the ground, causing a crater to form as a result. She readied her blade. Set on using her swordplay exclusively now that her initial surprise attempt has failed.

Her blade drawn, she enhances it with invisible haki. She has a feel for opponent's strength based on how hard the corpse was thrown at her. She doesn't want to go full blast with haki just yet, if she is forced to use it against the greeting, then it would spell her doom later, when the stronger attacks come. She then assumes a defensive stance and parries the incoming attacks with swings of her sword. Once finished, she makes an extra swing of her blade that would send a barely visible flying slash towards Spada. It may have look liked Uteki wasted an extra slash in a panic while defending from the barrage of shots that was fired at her at first, delaying Spada's response.

"Third of the Forms: Kogetsu."

Eighth of the Forms: Shizukesa- The user assumes a defensive stance and parries incoming attacks with a physical form. Only works if the user's Reaction Speed is in the same tier as the speed of the attack(s). +1 DPR while defending.
Requirements: 61 Mastery, 61 Reaction Speed

Spada attack: 6 City Block Level vs 8. Island Level. 2 or below, not very effective/didn't hit. (101 Durability- 6 City Level + 1 DPR from Above technique + 1 invisible haki)

Uteki attack:
Third of the Forms: Kogetsu- A flying slash/thrust that travels in an arc mimicking a crescent moon. Vibrations accompany it and make it more deadly than it appears to be. 51-70 Mastery: Destructive Potency: B

81 STR: 5 + B Rank Technique 2 + Invisible Haki 1 = 8 Island Level.

Statistics 82 x 5 = 410 (1 Points Unspent)
Strength: 81 (44 +32 Human/Tiefling +5 DF)
Agility: 101 x2 (80 +16 Human/Tiefling +5 MA) [Movement Speed: 101 - Reaction Speed: 101]
Vitality: 101 x2 (59 +32 Human/Tiefling +10 DF) [Durability: 101 - Stamina: 101]
Chi Chi no Mi: 100 (84 +16 Human/Tiefling) [Perk: Undecided]
Haki: 84 x2 [Armaments: 68 - Precognition Mantra: 100]
Martial Arts: 50 x2 [Haemokinetic Combat: 100 (Perk: Origin of Forms: Kubomi)]
Mind: 0 (8 -8 Human/Tiefling)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter

@tlgRen
The Dark Forest
Bodies riddled the battleground. Having been able to use the children, the woman chose not to. A decision the dark one rejected. Instead, La Spada cackled as the lasers left her finger. Parried, the Empress chuckled. Her face went from one of curiosity to excitement; this one had more fight after all.

Suddenly, cuts appeared on her cloak. The Empress now saw the woman’s badly made ruse, and zig-zagged to dodge the rest. The Grim gently landed, scratches on her boney arm from the attacks that slipped through. Yet, the Grim looked undeterred. The maniacal laughter did not stop. Did she enjoy it?

Nonchalant, La Spada spoke.

[La Spada] “My child, you operate in the light still. Evil operates in the dark. Use it...!”
With a swipe of her tail, in front of her, the ground was torn asunder, dust rising up. From its billow came a single laser. A feint, to call her attention, for La Spada appeared diagonally to Uteki’s right, a mere 10 feet from her, her Saijo O Wazamono blade drawn and cocked back. Pockets of air came next.

[La Spada] “Parry this.... Polka Remise!!!”

A flurry of air pockets the size of palms fell upon Uteki. Their girth was large, covering a large area around her. They aimed to riddle her with holes, using the smoke and the feint to mask the approach.

Note: You’re using the wrong DPS guidelines. There was an updated one here for both attacks and Dura. Your attack should be 8. City level. Not your fault, was never updated in Skills Thread (But hopefully will be soon)

Uteki Attack: 8. City Level
Spada Dura: 101-119: 7. Mountain Level
DPR 1 below dura: somewhat effective​

Spada Attack: 101-119: 7. Town Level +3 A Rank (Top 12 sword) = 10. Island Level
Polka Remise ("Polka Continuation"): The user delivers several thrusts against an opponent. Visually, due to the user's speed, it looks as if they are thrusting with several swords. Utilizing this technique, the user can make various Abade Coup Droit.​
Requirements: 51 Strength, 41 Fencing​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
She was told to parry it, and so that is what she did. She assumed the same stance as before and swung her blade at each incoming projectile. Due to their similar speeds, she was unable to parry each of the air pockets and some struck her. She was prepared to take damage, but to her surprise there was no haki imbued in the attack. Uteki was relieved and frustrated at the same time. She was being underestimated still if Spada hadn't even bothered to apply haki to her attack. To Spada, blood would still appear, but it would be the attacks passing through her blood body without doing any harm. So it wouldn't be obvious at first glance that she had failed to do damage.

She began to accelerate the flow of blood within her body to boost her movement speed to the next level for a short time. It was time for a response to show her she was not to be underestimated. With her temporarily upgraded speed, she performs a dash to close the distance between the two. Kicking off the ground and leaving a small indent from the force at which she performed the initial dash. She was going to use an attack normally meant to destroy weapons or damage armored foes. However, her goal with it now was to see if she could shatter Spada's bony body.

"Fifth of the Swords: Sagai!"

A fierce thrust is aimed at Spada's chest. Her blade was hardened with haki, focused vibrations accompany it as well. Normally, after destroying an armored foe's armor with this attack, Uteki would follow it up with a second blow to inflict direct damage on her target. There was no armor this time, so a follow up attack on her part was not necessary at this time. Should her first strike miss though, she would attempt a second one before ending the technique. Which may catch Spada unaware. She held back a little when performing the attack, but only to have something to fall back on later. When Spada started to take this more seriously and she needed to amp up her own game.

No DPR calculation for first attack. Logia defense kicked in.

Fifth of the Steps: Saigai- A powerful advancing thrust attack. The focused vibrations coming out of the tip of the blade do heavy damage to weapons and armor. A follow-up attack can be performed.
Requirements: 41 Mastery, 41 Strength, 41 Movement Speed. | 61-80 Mastery: Destructive Potency: A

DPR: 5 (81 STR) + 3 (A-Rank) + 2 (Hardening) = 10 Island Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter

@tlgRen
The Dark Forest
The bullet-size air pockets were parried at times and hit at others. Blood would come from the woman, quickly closing up. La Spada curled a grin. With an expert profession in Devil Fruit studies, she recognized most. One could say La Spada underestimating the girl, others could say she was toying with her.

The play would continue. La Spada did not move an inch as the woman approached. Instead, only hardening haki covered her bones where she would strike, body glowing with soul power. The attack hit and was somewhat effective - La Spada skid back a few feet. Hairline fractures in her chest, but nothing the girl would see. La Spada didn’t move or keel over, only sustain that death cocky glare she had coined. The Grim cackled.

[La Spada] “Kuahahahaha! I let yah’ hit me, and do not leave a trail of blood on impact? How power is wasted on you, child.”
[La Spada] “Let me show you what I mean.
La Spada had made a gesturing move. Upon that, a piece of soul came rushing from behind Uteki, in her blind-spot, and aim to pierce her right shoulder. This one bore no haki as well and would result in no damage, but the point was made. La Spada had used the first few beams of soul she had shot at Uteki, those that were parried. They had hung behind Uteki after, controlled and coming back for a devilish sneak attack.

La Spada had suggested Uteki should have planted blood with her attacks, to be manipulated later unbeknown to the foe. It was a devilish way to teach the bloody woman, riddled with insults and sarcasm, but a game of teaching nonetheless. A game she was quickly growing weary. La Spada yawned, her yellow slit eyes showing weariness.

[La Spada] “Can’t blame yah’’ too much. Yah’ are, naturally, an inferior creature. Alas, I grow tired of this game. Is that all yah’ have? Such a shame. I may have to end this little game of ours... early.”

Uteki Attack: 10 Island Level
Spada Dura: 101-119: 6. City Level +1 DF Perk +2 (hardening) = 9. Small Country Level
DPR 1 below dura: somewhat effective​

Spada Attack
81-100: 5. Large Building Level +1 C Rank = 101-119: 6. City Block Level

Spirit Gun: The user concentrates their soul into the user's hand, releasing it through one's finger tip in the form of a blast. The blast is capable of damaging and freezing anything it hits. At 81+ mastery, the blast speed rivals a laser.
Requirements: 21 Devil Fruit, 21 Strength

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
To her surprise, Uteki's attack was not dodged. It found its mark as intended. However, it did not inflict any noticeable damage either. A fact that admittedly frustrated Uteki a little, she was more surprised by the outcome than anything though. After a second to process, she spoke.

"The hell? Bones aren't supposed to be this tough. I see whatever power was responsible for keeping you alive as that relic is also strengthening them. Guess holding even a little back is out of the question."

Uteki was looking to grow from this battle. But Spada was just more interested playing around it seems. She fired off more bullets of the weird green energy like she did earlier. Uteki moved to parry them like she did the first time. She was successful, but the sneak attack portion landed and the bullets passed through her body. That was twice now, and based on what was said by Spada after her attack, she wanted Uteki to utilize her devil fruit powers during this battle. Uteki wanted to focus on her swordplay due to Spada wielding a blade herself. Spada wanted to turn this into a full blown fight. It wasn't something Uteki was ready to do. Especially with Spada playing around like she was doing now.

"Hmph. You wanna see what else I got? Stop messing around yourself! Overwhelm me in a duel of the blades and we can see about what else I got. How does that sound, Bones?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter
Battle in the Dark Forest! #6

@tlgRen

The girl in front of him called for a sword-to-sword battle. La Spada chuckled, before her grin grew to a cackle. Perhaps a new fun game was on the horizon. La Spada drew her sword, slowly and eerily singing as it came out, blade against sheathe. La Spada brought it upwards, showing the thing wires on the back from it’s tip to the pommel; a violin attachment.

Her boney fingers strummed the chords, making a calm tone reverberate through the forest, powered by an evil soul, one with an aftertaste of calamity. Serenade.

[La Spada] “Humans are truly a wonder. Seeking death while you’re living. Well, no more searching mah’ dear. I’M RIGHT HERE!!!!”
The sound would be calming. Almost unnerving in the ambiance of death around her. Uteki would theoretically feel her strength wane [6 points / 1 lower bracket], to a state of vulnerability.

Suddenly, La Spada would appear upon Uteki, using an iai movement to launch herself at Uteki as the music would calm the girl and distract her. La Spada has used her speed and a quick body spin to translate that momentum into her blade, swinging it towards Uteki’s upper chest, releasing the soul power and wind upon contact. In the tornado and slash, invisible haki hummed within.

[La Spada] “Soul Agonia Mortal!!!”

The winds collected would create a gale that would surround them like a small tornado. Within were slicing winds and the soul of the wicked. Blades of ice would ravage within, crating a thin layer of ice on whatever it touched to slow it down. With her dexterity of a light body, La Spada would re-aim if Uteki moved.

Edit: Fixed DPR
Serenade: A calm and light piece of music performed in the open air. Makes enemies calm. Enemies that are calm get a strength de-buff. The de-buff is mastery/10. If the user has 100 mastery then the de-buff is -10 strength. AoE is 5 meters (16 feet). This lasts two turns or until they are hit.
Requirement: (requires 21 musicianship mastery, acoustic instrument)

Debuff: 61 mastery / 10 = -6 debuff
Spada Attack
101-119: 6. City Block Level +3 A Rank (Top 12 sword) + 1 (invisible haki) = 10. Island Level

Agonia Mortal (Mortal Agony): The user leaves his sword trailing behind him, while picking up momentum. Around the blade, wind collects, and upon translating that momentum into a spin, the user swings the sword in a powerful diagonal swing. The wind collected explodes at the end of the swing, creating a gale of wind with great impact power.
Requirements: 51 Strength, 51 Movement, 51 Fencing

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Her bony opponent had a musical sword and when she played a tune on it, Uteki felt her strength drop slightly. She would have no time to reflect on why she felt her strength drop. Spada was upon her. Uteki readied her blade and enforced her body with black haki. She moves to parry the incoming attack like she had been doing so far. Choosing to focus on defense as she adjusted to Spada's swordplay. Always having the option of utilizing her own Devil Fruit powers should she be unable to manage otherwise.

Spada Attack: 10. Island Level vs Uteki Defense: 101-119: 6. City Level + 2 (Hardening Haki) + 1 (Shizukesa)
Result: DPR 1 Below Dura, somewhat effective.
Eighth of the Swords: Shizukesa- The user assumes a defensive stance and parries incoming attacks with a physical form. Only works if the user's Reaction Speed is in the same tier as the speed of the attack(s). +1 DPR while defending.
Requirements: 61 Mastery, 61 Reaction Speed

"I see you are finally using Haki! Let's make things interesting then."

While Uteki intended to hold off on using her abilities she didn't see herself breaking through the wall in this fight. So instead of restricting herself in an attempt to grow, she would go all out and see how far along she is. Suddenly a large amount of blood rushes out of her and forms a large blade in the sky. The blade then hardens and is launched towards Spada. It has invisible haki empowering it. If nothing is done, it would strike Spada in her ribcage. When the blade lands, whether hitting Spada or the ground, it shatters and numerous shards hardened blood would act as a secondary attack. Either hitting Spada for a second time, or potentially catching her off guard and scratching up her bony body.

"I've decided to go all out. I feel like you aren't the right person for me to grow against. So no more hidden objectives. Just a straight up fight."

Ragnarok- A massive sword of blood is formed in the air above Uteki and launched downwards at an angle. Upon impact, the sword bursts and sends a violent spray of condensed blood shrapnel in every direction. (71 Mastery, 71 Strength | A-Rank, AoE)
DPR: 5 (100 Mastery) + 3 (A-Rank) + 1 (Invisible Haki) = 9. Mountain Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter
Battle in the Dark Forest! #7

@tlgRen

Threats lobbied by the young girl. No more hidden objectives. Quaint, La Spada thought. In front of death herself and the girl dared speak such words. It struck a chord, until the girl said she was going to go all out. A frog in her throat, La Spada wailed: the theater of derision.
[La Spada] “Oh, no! Yah’ finally serious? Oh, my! I’m shaking in my bootzies! Someone please help me!”

La Spada clamored in apparent fear. Tone cut with sarcasm and belittlement. Cackling would come next. Blood would form above Uteki in the form of a sword, shaped and wary. In response, La Spada sheathed her sword and rose her palm upwards. Souls of the primordials were summoned to her palm, roaring with Chill and malevolence.

[La Spada] “Dragon of the Mortal Flame!!!”

When the sword came down, La Spada thrusted her palm up. From it, a dragon of souls roared, expanding and engulfing the sword whole, as if it ate it. The blood would freeze, both attacks rupturing in a violent explosion, leaving only frozen icicles of blood all over the battlefield.

Even the clash was a distraction, for as the attacks exploded, La Spada appeared behind Uteki, cloaked by the destruction. Utilizing a high-speed iai movement, aided by her light-weight, the Grim would chuckle a few feet behind her. She turned, now addressing Uteki.

[La Spada] “Don’t worry. It won’t hurt too bad. Really. Death is my specialty.”

A few moments would pass before Uteki realized what happened. La Spada sheathed her black hakied sword completely, and suddenly, an attack became apparent. A diagonal slash was made against Uteki’s body from right hip to left shoulder. It aimed to slash her in twain. The chill of the Underworld accompanied it, able to trap victim inside a block of ice.

Uteki invited death to strike by such claims. One need deliver.

[La Spada] “Soul Solid: Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri!!!!”

Spada Attack: DPR: 5 (100 Mastery) + 4 (S-Rank) = 9. Mountain Level
Uteki Attack: 9. Mountain Level
Equal Power = Cancel each other out​

Dragon of the Mortal Flame: A more tame version of the Dragon of Hades. The user calls the souls of the primordials, the first humans, to the palm of her hand, roaring with anger and the Chill of the Underworld. The force can be used to coat the user’s fists in battle, increasing its power. Once released, a red dragon made of souls is released, freezing and shattering upon impact, creating a small explosion.​
Requirements: 81 DF, 81 Strength​

——————-

Spada Attack: 101-119: 6. City Block Level + 4 (S-Rank) + 2 (hardening) = 12. Large Country Level

Soul Solid: Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri - Combining Hanauta Sancho: Yahazu Giri with the Chill of the Underworld, the user employs an iai resheathe technique upon the user’s body. A few seconds will pass before the user realizes he’s been slashed, freezing the opponent in a block of ice after cutting them.​
Requirements: 81 Strength, 81 Movement, 81 Fencing, 81 Devil Fruit​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As soon as her sword clashed with Spada's dragon, she aimed to make use of the clash for a distraction too. She formed a gigantic mass of blood above the battlefield. Their speeds were similar, and thanks to her Mantra aiding her, she managed to put up a defense to Spada's attack. As she was struck by Spada's blade, her blood hardened and coated her body. She would suffer a some damage, but her attack would follow. Numerous blood droplets, each of them incredibly strong on their own, rained down. The radius of the attack was massive. It would be unlikely even one as light and nimble as Spada could escape before getting hit. What's more, was that the blood droplets would both protect her from a follow up, and free her by destroying the ice that encased her. This torrential downpour would persist for quite some time too. Making life difficult for La Spada until it would finally calm down. With herself finally free, she smiles at La Spada. Even though she suffered quite the hit, things were getting interesting. With her attack persisting, began to plan her next move.

Hardened Blood: Iron (5. Town Level) Remaining DPR: 7. Town Level, Uteki's Durability: 101-119: 6. City Level. DPR 1 Below, somewhat effective.

Uteki's attack:

Tainted Rain- Uteki's strongest Devil Fruit technique, inspired by her name. Uteki forms a colossal mass of blood above the battlefield. From this cloud, countless bullets of blood rain down. Each one has enough force to cause real damage on its own. This attack persists after it is unleashed. Due to the amount of blood created for this attack, Uteki is unable to create more blood after this and is limited in what she can do after as a result. (Lasts for 1 turn after using. 100 Mastery, 2 turn cool down after it ends. Individual blood drops are S-Rank but due to the amount that will hit it will do S+-Rank in total. The area it covers in meters is equal to Mastery/2, or 50 Meters)

5 (100 Mastery) + 5 (S+ Rank) + 1 (Invisible Haki) = 11. Small Country Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Dreadful Encounter
Battle in the Dark Forest! #8

@tlgRen

The girl remained standing. A rain of blood acted as both a barrier and attack. La Spada had no time to mount a technique. All she could do is slash her sword upwards at incredible speeds, still clad in haki, creating a lattice of slashes that would act as a barrier for the blood.

As she blocked the attack, La Spada dashed towards Uteki, cursing beneath her breath. Some droplets got through her blocks, causing lacerations on her boney figure, like a medium chips in wood. Soul infused in her body and sword, the blood on the floor would freeze all around Spada as she approached - they would not come as a surprise.

Something had changed. The girl had wounded La Spada, and her aura changed from playful to angry.
[La Spada] “Curses! T-to think that child would force me to play Lucifer’s Sonata…!”

Lucifer’s Sonata. A two-part song. La Spada’s tail, boney and able, strummed the strings on La Spada’s sword. The sword slashed as a block upwards and music irrupted from it. A beautiful feat. Music filled the air. It would reach Uteki before La Spada, accompanying her anger like a bass line.

[La Spada] “Lucifer’s Sonata: Lament & March!!”

The song was dark, deep, and wanting by a descending bass linel later picking up an enchanting bloom. Meanwhile, La Spada approached front the front, her killing intent at its peak, a dark aura surrounding her sword. A musical background for La Spada’s anger, spread through the battlefield. The girl had proven herself. Her reward was Death in anger.

Edit: Fixed DPS & Grammar
Spada Attack: 101-119: 6. City Block Level + 3 (A-Rank Sword) + 2 (hardening) = 11. Small Country Level
Uteki Attack: 11. Small Country Level
Result = Cancel each other out​

Last edited:
Top Bottom