Island Banaro Island

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"GUNGUNGUNGUN!!" A loud laugh echoed in the whole building. X was amused by this man who dared to challenge him in a gun fight.
"Alright, you deserve respect for this. I'm following you." X was craving for rum but he couldn't ignore a challenge such as this one. His honor was at stakes. Walking calmly behind the man, he remembered that he already left a corpse outside. Should he keeps pilling them up then Marines might start to come after him. Well he'll deal with it at the time it happens. Now he was focused on getting his rum and leaving the island. This man was already dead for him, all that missed was the hole in his body as a confirmation.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"What? Why are you involving this fight?" Julia raised her eyebrow as she spoke, with her hands in her lap, and a sad, anxious look upon her face.

When he saw her expression, Vicious greeted her with a serious expression on his face. "Maybe I want to" he smirked. Then he turned his back and walked towards the exit. As he passed the well-remembered door, which must always be associated his mind with his wooing, and with the fight where is nothing to tell what is to gain and what is too lose, he was seized with a keen desire to fight for the sake of nothing.

The confident smile never left his face, even in his present danger. A short walk brought him to the streets of this town. Cold sweat drops formed on his forehead as he alternated his gaze to corpse in the middle of street. The corpse belonged to a sheriff. His eyes fixed upon it, and he read upon his eager face how much he knows about it, this first sight of that strange spot where the saw a man lying down in the street while blood all around him. There were pride, valour, and strength in his thick brows even after being dead, his sensitive nostrils, and his large hazel eyes.

Meanwhile, Vicious's glare became even more serious than before as he waited for the man.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X was following behind, when he suddenly felt dizzy. He vision went trouble for a second. He had to stop and regain control of his body. He was hungry and thirsty. The man had his last meal two days ago. But that was not what would stop him here. Passing through the door, he saw his opponent getting serious. He was giving glares that shoewed that he was confident in his skills.
The sun was high in the sky, and X dizziness worsened. He couldn't see clearly for a second. He definitely needed something to eat. So he was ready to put an end to this quickly. Standing in front of his opponent hands free, X waited for the signal to start.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In the beginning, when Vicious first learn how to use a gun he was a kid, the first time he lifts the gun in his hand it was very heavy, almost too heavy to lift up. However, he couldn't throw it away. His fingers froze on the trigger and couldn't move. Vicious even risked the danger of accidentally firing and swung his right hand crazily just to try to throw the gun away. But it was all useless; his fingers were holding the gun tightly as if they were glued to it. Then… Vicious spent the following few years refining his gun skills. He trained his own abilities in order to walk the right path.

The years covered in blood and gunpowder passed by flying. Vicious, who experienced the trials of too many violent battles during a time as sensitive as adolescence, no longer have any youthful innocence on his face. Its when he realized he was all alone, he killed many who deserving and many who weren't, it's when he realized he was in pain and after that he wanted to avoid killing.

At that very moment, a gust of wind blew. He stood and took a sidelong look of his surroundings, he sucked the white-hot air into his lungs and hung his head for a moment. When he raised it again, he held a gun in one hand.

"Are you ready?" ask Vicious, to the man standing across him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X had little to almost no strength left in his arms. All he wanted was a drink and some food. The sun was burning his eyes while drying his clothes. The wind carried away the delicious smell of a fish being fried. X was about to look in the direction he thought it was coming from, when he was asked if he was ready. That fired fish became all he thought about. "One bullet, and its over." The duel had to be over quickly. He even thought about surrending and go grab that food, but his pride was too big. As a gunslinger there's no way he would surrender when asked a duel. His hands empty and hanging next to his waist, X nodded at his opponent.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The streets fell asleep into a silence deeper and more complete than usual, though the worst of rush hour was yet to come.

Feet walked around to the back of the street. Vicious licked his lips and held the gun tighter. Visions of stranger gibbered before him. He would put the bullet right at the juncture of the stranger's shoulder to avoid killing him in the fight. Vicious knew if his opponent is stronger it was over for him, knew. A smile cracked his features. Vicious would appreciate that. He was a man of a sharp and sardonic turn of mind.

The gun Vicious use was modified with a large-caliber revolver and aimed at the stranger who had nodded in agreement for a fight to start. The dry sound of gunfire broke the silence of the street.

Vicious had fired the gun at stranger as he showed his cold smile.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X tried to dodge by sidestepping, but his legs failed him. He was too hungry and lacked strength in them. The bullet hit him in his shoulder. Due to his suit no damage was sustained, but he was pushed back by the impact. In his attempt to retaliate, X fired three bullets. His aim was off, he knew it but hoped for his opponent to make the wrong move. In case it didn't happen he already planned to switch his gun on auto and make him 'see thru'. X rolled backwards a few feet before stopping his course with his leg. It was then he looked at his opponent. A follow up attack was ready to be unleashed.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As his opponent endured the bullets he fired three bullets in his direction. Vicious no longer had time to anticipate the initial velocity of the bullet, and no matter which way he may dodge, he will fail to make his next shot hit his target. Vicious who managed to dodge everything by the smallest margins imaginable as he took the run in his right direction just for a little bit.

When Vicious dodged the bullets, he instantly holds a grip on his gun and showed an unpleasant smirking smile before again shouldering his weapon and pulling it in tight against his shoulder aiming at stranger gun hand, the sights down along the length of the weapon, towards the paper bulls-eye target down range. The weapon feels good in his hands. Gently sliding his thumb up from the grip to nudge the selector switch to "rock & roll". With a gentle squeeze of the trigger with the fleshy part of his fingertip, His gun bullet roars its hammering burst of fire. The smell of burnt gunpowder fills the air, as the vibrating recoil is absorbed by Vicious's shoulder and a steady stream of spent brass casings spew from the side ejection port to clatter on the ground.

[B-rank bullets.]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
No matter what X could not imagine this man taking him down. The reaction he showed him against his attack was below average, meaning this was an easy win. But the man didn't want to go down without a fight. After avoiding the bullets, he counterattacked X who was still crouched. He could easily take multiple attacks without being hurt directly, but X didn't like the idea.

Using what he had left of strength, he jumped sideways and rolled to again end up in a crouched position. Now as promised Meteor shower was to be unleashed. X stood up immediately and ran in the opposite direction of his enemy. The reason was to get his next move ready as he needed time to load his gun and switch it to auto. Buying a few seconds running in a zig-zag pattern, he tries to finish the preparation.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In a daze, Vicious stared at the gun of the stranger. The streets that were full of people while ago now are empty and people most house windows were rolled down. Gun in hand, finger on the trigger. He saw clouds had moved in from the west and there was a nip in the air. He chewed his lower lip. He made a decision and started moving to his left before turning to his opponent's side.

When they were moving it was so fast that it would have been impossible for an average passerby to even understand what happens. From the corners of Vicious eye, he shot a quick glare to his opponent. Concentrating the entirety of his awareness, his vigilance, he points his gun at the stranger's leg while running as if he was making a circle and then a gunshot was heard which was fired Vicious in the hope it connects to his opponent leg.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Loaded and ready to be fired, X guns were rolling on the tip of the gunman fingers. The spectacular spinning stopped when the marksman was suddenly hit on the back of his leg. His whole body leaned backwards as he was falling. In that same moment, X decided to counterattack. While falling he spotted his enemy and without any hesitation, he shot a series of 10 bullets instantly.
He could locate his opponent with his haki but that was not necessary because his eyes already locked the unfortunate soul that went against him. It took only a glance. Now X was using two guns, meaning five bullets from each, and since he was falling they looked like a wave. He was definitely going to had the move to the other. But the real question was, will the target be hit or will he be able to dodge again?.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Even though many thoughts fleeted in and out of his head, he didn't stay his legs and try to move took side steps. Too bad, that there were too many bullets to dodge; Vicious managed to dodge few bullets by a hair's breadth but eventually few bullets pierced through his stomach. He tried using his left hands to stanch the bleeding, but all he succeeded in doing was getting his hand soaked red.

'This is it…??' Cold sweat drops formed on Vicious forehead. Vicious and his brilliantly flashy attacks, yet he didn't manage to dodge every bullet.

"Vicous!!" It was Julia's voice, standing at the door of the saloon. She was often rather cold when it came to Vicious, but she worried about him more than anyone else. Concealing her own emotions, her face was one of pure concern for Vicious.

"Let's end this" Even in such circumstances, his stomach wet with blood, He narrowed one eye, then took aim and Vicious fired three bullets simultaneously at this the direction of his opponent. The two first bullets were aimed at the left gunhand of the man and the third on his shoulder.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
X fell on the ground, but it didn't last more than a second for the gunman to jump back up. He then heard grunting behind him. After turning towards his opponent he could see him trying to stop the bleeding. His end was near. The look in his eyes said it all.
A voice came from the Saloon. It was his girlfriend from earlier. She looked sad, so sad that X wanted to let him live.
When X tried to move towards him the man pointed his gun at him again. It seems that for him this duel would be over only once one os dead. He should then honor him. With a sad look on his face, X was ready to end the man's life. Gunfire were heard. Vicious fired at X but the man quickly sidestepping retaliated aiming at his forehead.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sometime in the Past

Night's dark shadow had just fallen over the Banaro. Everything and everyone in town were getting ready to bed down for the night, with the exception of the Gren Saloon, of course. But all was not well outside of the peaceful trading village. Less than ten miles away, a gang of nine Outlaws made their way toward the town, all dressed in red cloaks, all astride massive black horses.

They were men with a purpose, a task to fulfill. These men were on a mission to rob the village bank, owned by the wealthy minister family. Eight of the nine carried two revolvers each, but the leader of the group had a different weapon loadout. He had a massive shotgun strapped to his back, along with two rifles in the saddlebags of his horse. Needless to say, the leader of the Gang was smugly confident as he rode toward the unsuspecting Village. He had done his research about the town. He knew that they had a dangerously small police force. He had this information because every year they tried to recruit any willing townspeople into deputies. He knew that the village was very inactive at night and that it would take time before anyone realized what was happening.

Gren and Sheriff loaded their pistol and readied themselves for the Gang's attack as they knew it was coming. In the silence of the night, Gren heard, off in the distance but getting closer fast, the sound of several horses' hooves beating the ground. The Sheriff backed himself into an alleyway, just out of sight of the town's end, seconds before the Gang burst through. The sheriff pulled the trigger as soon as he spotted them.

More shots rang through the quiet darkness as the small group of deputies got closer and closer to their destination. At this point, one could even see the flashes of light from gunfire as the sheriff and Gren battled with the nine people by themselves.

As the fight goes on there were three bodies already lying in pools of their own blood strewn on the ground, and the sheriff and Gren were still shooting at the six men still standing. The leader of the Gang had realized what had happened at the exact same time that Sheriff realized it. The Sheriff had run out of ammo, at precisely the worst time. As the sheriff sprinted away back to his cover, the gang leader finished reloading and rounded on him, gun raised and aimed. Just before the sheriff made it back to cover, the gang leader let three bullets fly, straight at the sheriff. But the Gren suddenly went tried to protect sheriff as the bullets caught one in the hip, one in the shoulder, and one in his stomach. This was a fatal injury, and Gren knew it.

He reloaded a gun, took a deep, rattling, painful breath, and jumped out of his cover. This caught the gang leader off guard, but only for a second. He started firing again, but Gren was already halfway toward him. Only a few shots hit Gren as he got right up next to the gang leader, put his gun up to the man's head, and fired three times in quick succession.

The entire gang was defeated by Gren and Sheriff alone. But Gren was losing blood quickly; he knew he was almost gone. He had survived so many encounters like this, but somehow, he knew, this was the last time. Gren was now becoming short of breath. Even sheriff was on the verge of weeping as he saw his beloved student die right before his eyes.

"Tell my Julia…and Vicious" Gren whispered as he fell to his knees, "…that I…love them." At this, Gren fell to the ground and died.

-------------------------------

Vicious made his way back to the Banaro a few days later, and by the time he did, there was something off. After hearing about all this looked inherited Gren notebook which had been a record of dates, transactions and future meet-up date with Vicious. It also included a list of names that Vicious didn't understand, along with some locations throughout the Banaro that were detailed only by the controlled territories' base leaders. There were other numbers as well, but he didn't know what they meant. He closed the book and then looked out over the landscape. The hot night air was broken with a gentle breeze that brought to him the smells of burning bodies and brush. To the left was a massive wildfire that ate up the horizon, building over the mountains. From the direction of the wind, he was safe. It was on the other side of the canyon, where the Banaro town had been.

He watched the orange glow blaze as it crawled from one ridge to the other, filling the night sky with black smoke. He stared down at his boots for some time, finding some peace in the desert that he couldn't find in the crowded area. Becoming close to Gren and Julia was an odd and difficult change for him, he felt somewhat uneasiness. And he still questioned whether or not he was capable of being with another human being. But the more he thought about it the more he saw the images of his past, and he knew he couldn't turn away, now. Gren and Julia had practically given his meaningless life a goal, he had no reason to not accept it.

Present

In spite of my profession, I've never actually made a confession. I justified my actions by blaming it on times... saying I did because I had no choice. I took many lives, thinking there was no other way. My sins are too heavy...too heavy to ever atone. Still... I feel really happy with myself today. It was much harsher to live in the world of humans, being used, lied to, and accumulating sad memories.

As the bullet went through his head he felt that he's finally free. He's finally atoning for the sins he has committed.

"Vicious!" She shouted, vision blurred by overflowing tears. In place of reaching his hand out to embrace her, Vicious could only mutter one sentence as his consciousness faded, "Take care of yourself, Julia!"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Another life took, but this time he really wished for the man to give up. X looked around and found out that besides the girl who was crying, four men were standing in front of the saloon.
"Do they want a duel too?" thought X. "At this rate, I'm never gonna make it out of this island."
He walked towards them when one of them started talking. "We heard that this town was where the best gunslingers lived, but I guess it was just a piece of fake news." said the first one.
"Maybe it's who they were facing that was too strong for them to handle." Added the second one.
"Guys that's the strongest gunslinger on the sea. They clearly didn't do their homework. Papapapapa!" joked the third one
The last one looked more serious than the rest. " You shouldn't laugh. Piss him off and we're next on the way to the afterlife."
"Ok since I don't have the whole day to play, if you want a duel come at me together so I can finish this quickly." said X with an annoyed tone while brandishing his gun.
The one with the serious face quickly answered, "My name Angelo Crudele, and from the left to the right we have Billy Bane, Bloody Harvey, and Marcello Crudele. We are the Pistoleri, and we've been looking for you."
"Why?" asked X confused by the tone of Angelo's voice.
"So you can take us under you. We're gunslingers too, and we've been following all of your deeds on the sea a.." X stopped him by raising his hand.
"I need to eat something first, and leave this island. Since you are my fans I can ask you favors then?"
"Of course!" They answered right away.
"So while I'm eating something, plunder this city and set up a base for my crew here."
Angelo walked towards X, "We knew you would ask so we did it before you asked. We planed on taking out the Sheriff too but you beat us at it."
"So after my meal, we're setting sail. I already look forward to our time together"

They all walked in the saloon together, later on, that same day, they all sailed towards their next target. Trouble had a ship and it was visiting islands. Banaro has been claimed and has become a Backyard. Wanderers should be careful there as they would be trespassing.

@Oreki

Top Bottom