Brawl Butchered Your Love

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?​
General Narration
Narration about Dō
'Dō's thoughts'
"His Speech"

Rilerd's plan was in full motion now, but he was surprised how many of those who were not privy to his plan wished to give up the fight. He had hoped that a larger part of his forces would stay for a direct fight, as a distraction, and to make Rilerds faction seem a weaker, more insignificant target.
He and his roughly 110 fighters including his second in command Walter, plus the 40 child slaves which were held near Morfrans throne on the main deck, went below deck to free the adult slaves that were held on the boat deck.

Morfrans ship, the "King Philips Reckoning" has certain features to accommodate his slave trading business, including a deck below the gun decks at surface level, where, through an opening in the portside hull smaller rowboats could be released and taken back in. This made it easier to ferry slaves, which were kept in cages on the starboard, to potential buyers and auctions.
Walter Walters III.
Revolutionary Sidekick to "Rilerd"
Strategist, not a fighter
Level 21
Strength: 2
Speed:2
Vitality: 2
Mind: 41
-Navigation: 41
-Science: 31
-Carpentry: 10
Not long after three rowboats could be seen rowing away behind the cover of Maron's ship.

Morfran, who anticipated this, ordered some of the men that had followed him:
"Give chase... to those... Deserters! We'll... eat them... sell them... make 'em regret! And Rilerd... he'll be the new figurehead... The old one is almost... decayed. Full Speed to Port!"
After that, he turned around and headed further inside. He was going to have some fun with Maron.

Yasashī te Dō registered Rilerds actions, but he didn't loose hope. He figured that there was more to his plan than simple escape.

'He is probably just temporarily retreating. He would've given me a sign to abandon ship if he was really that hopeless. I need to get that girl on my side as soon as possible, so we can lead these men against Morfran. They are far to unorganized to be effective.'
As Arcana came towards him with her glaive raised, Dō took a few steps backwards, putting him next to thee main mast port side. He noticed that some of Morfrans loyalists were preparing to unfurl the sails. He had to be quick about this.

"I don't want to fight you! We have a common enemy! If we join forces and free Maron, we have a chance against HIM! Almost all his men have deserted him or are in full mutiny against him! He's finished!"
In spite of his words he fastened the grip of his right hand around his staff, ready to block any attack from Arcana's glaive with it, while the mast on his left side could give him some more cover.

One of Morfrans men named Albert was trying, unsuccessfully, to raise the starboard anchor. He didn't seem to have the strength to operate the mechanism:unsure:, but he was too afraid to ask for help. He knew what Morfran did to weaklings.
?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?​
Morfran has ordered his fifty devoted murderers to chase Rilerd's group. The monstrous captain wasn't surprised by this riot. He was enjoying this. However, it was completely different for the vice-captain. His plan was moving forward without any notable causalities, but the anxiety won't stop pulling him down. The 110 innocent pirate and 40 ravaged slaves were now his responsibility. The man rushed to free the adult slaves. Analyzing the circumstances and giving reasonable orders, it was like his body was moving on its own. Around 20 hopeless adult slaves were emancipated by this man. Rilerd was a huge sensation at this moment. Everyone followed his commands. Knowing his advancement, Morfran didn't care. He continued enjoying Maron's anguish, and kept thinking of better ways to abuse him. Maron's crew found a separate path to escape the cabins and reach the forecastle near the mizzenmast. Fortunately, it didn't lead them to the foremast where the real havoc was.
"Let's get our ship back and escape!"
"Without our captain?"

Maron's younglings could not decide and ended up doing nothing for ten minutes. They unsheathed their swords after realizing some footsteps were coming closer. Morfran pirates approached them, they were injured and exhausted. After a brutal fight between the 40 pirates who didn't follow Rilerd, only 10 survived. These ten brave warriors were the one who wanted to punish Morfran. It was surprising how Maron's pirate greeted them so respectfully. Shortly, all of them formed a new unit, their goal was to confront Morfran and defeat him so that they could rescue Maron too. This wasn't an easy task, sheer willpower would not grant them victory. They sauntered around the cabins, thinking of a way to initiate an assault. Maron pirates wanted their captain safe and sound and anti-Morfran pirates wanted their captain's head. Morfran's ten pirates informed their new allies about observation Haki. Keeping a safe distance, the alliance waited for a perfect opportunity.

Arcana could not have faith in this momentum. For her this was a just futile attempt only to entertainment Morfran. She has been analyzing the situation while chasing . 'I am just wasting my time here.' Arcana thought as she continued jumping around the foremast. The girl noticed some rowboats and a band of men chasing them. 'Those Morfran pirates won't show any mercy to the slaves if they are able to catch them...'
Arcana wondered. There was no way Morfran would let go of them so easily, Arcana knew it. 'Why are they shooting themselves in the foot,' the girl truly pitied the escapees. Fear of Morfran has plagued her mind, she won't think of backstabbing this monster right now. She remembered how this monster buried her friend alive. 'If I won't survive now, I won't be able to take my revenge!'
Arcana ignored Do's words and continued to pin him down. The mink was running along the mast, it was an excellent way to provide a cover for himself. Still, the revolutionary underestimated the Marine's raw speed! Arcana charged forward to the right, running alongside. She wanted to defeat her opponent and cease this operation as fast as possible. Dō could glance at his right to find the girl jumping in the sky.
Tenba
(天馬, literally meaning "Flying Horse"): After jumping high in the sky multiple airstrikes are thrown at enemies.
(51 mastery) Destructive Potency Rank: B
"Tenba!" The girl swung her Naginata, launching multiple compressed air projectiles towards Dō. "You can't outrun me!" Arcana bellowed in vexation.
?​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?

''She's going to attack now. I'll have to dodge whatever she is going to do. She held her own against a pirate captain, she is bound to be strong.'
He was surprised to see her jump this high into the air.
'An aerial attack, huh? I need to get out of her Field of vision. Behind the mast!'
As fast as he could, he tried to get further along the curvature of the mast while turning his back towards it to become a smaller target, but with a diameter of 5 meters this giant mass of wood proved too big to circumvent in time, and Dō suffered a nasty gash from an airstrike that hit him along his chest from the side.
While Arcana was still landing, he continued his escape to the other side of the mast, where he nearly collapsed against it.

'I am loosing so much blood... There is so much blood. Like back then..'

Blood is good! It's what you want, what you need! You are a predator! Turn around and kill that girl, like you did back then! Kill! Kill! Kill!
A scream echoed through his mind, accusingly. It helped him remember why he needed to remain in control, why he could not hurt this girl under any circumstances.
'This won't work. I can't keep running from her. I don't have the time to calmly discuss the situation with her. I need something big to convince her.'
He noticed that he had almost fully circled the mast and was now almost directly in front of Morfran's throne, a giant, heavy monstrosity of gold placed upon a rock pedestal.

The Morfran pirates had unfurled the sails and had caught a good tailwind. The hull of the ship, giant it may be, seemed to almost get dwarfed by the mast and sail apparatus that was needed to move all that weight, and the whole atrocity picked up speed surprisingly fast.
It had already passed marons smaller vessel almost in its entirety, and would soon catch up with the rowboats, which, like everything on the "King Philips Reckoning", were supersized, large enough to hold 30, maybe 40 men, or even a giant who did not want to wash off his fashionable blood coating before important deals.

The anchor was dragging across the seafloor, eager to find a rock cliff or something similar to dig its flukes into.

'Here's hoping this works. I'm dead if it doesn't. Then it's all in Rilerd's hands.'
Dō thought, as he stepped out of the protection behind the mast. Facing Arcana he proclaimed:
"This ends now. Brace yourself and watch what's about to happen."
And with that, he turned his back towards her to face the golden symbol of suffering.
"Kill me if you feel you must, but know that nothing will change if you give up today! Don't let such a dreadful man determine your future! Everyone has a right to live without fear!"
He shouted with the unmistakable roar only a member of the panthera family could produce.

Three seconds later the anchor found a grip.

?​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?
A sudden wind started to howl like some horrifying living entity. The darkness has helped Dō to escape the marine every time, but now being in a dire situation, what will he do? Arcana rushed along the curvature of the mast, trying to finish her target this time. She was cautious as no light led her path. Her hair whipped about her face so violently she could see nothing. Although, the girl could use her polearm with her eyes closed!

Loyal Morfran's pirates didn't stop yelling. They were going insane due to the rapid infusion of adrenaline.
"YOU THINK YOU CAN RUN?? FUCKING CUNTS!"
"WE ARE GOING TO GET AROUND 200 SLAVES TODAY!"

Arcana could hear them in this turbulent storm. It angered her to a large extent. Her fear has slowly turned to rage; it was nothing new for this girl. The wind blew erratically against her skin. She had to force herself forth to reach Morfran's blood-stained throne. A sense of immediate hate struck her.

"Kill me if you feel you must, but know that nothing will change if you give up today! Don't let such a dreadful man determine your future! Everyone has a right to live without fear!"
He shouted with the unmistakable roar only a member of the panthera family could produce.
The girl was speechless, her eyes were shut too keep out the violent dust. Honestly, after hearing his passionate words, she was all excited to behead Morfran. Arcana wanted to live fearlessly! She sighed and sat down, almost falling on her knees, exhausted both physically and mentally. The storm had proved itself to be a behemoth over the ocean. All that was familiar in this ship was now slowly getting ripped apart.

Three seconds later the anchor found a grip.
'This will not work, it's lame...'

The moment she thought this an abrupt jerk wrenched the whole ship. It was like the craft would sink any moment now. Arcana's guard was down, she could not think of anything now but she trusted the Mink. Firstly he was a revolutionary, in other words, a hero for her. Secondly, the girl could somewhat read people, being similar to a childish grandma in some youngster's body. She moved her elegant hands and grasped her fatigued legs.

"If Morfran kills me, I will kill you first before dying!"
The girl nagged, she obviously didn't mean it. Even though it was pretty lame and embarrassing for her, she was now somewhat willing to challenge that Monster. The girl waited for a few seconds, after taking a closer look, her charming eyes were pleased to see a mink by her side. "You will have to carry me, my legs have not rested for ages," said Arcana. Her regal speech was controlled by youthfulness. Doubts about this decision to change sides again embarrassed her. Confusion and uncertainty troubled her mind to an extreme degree.
The two of them could either help Rilerd to get rid of the fifty vicious pirates or rescue Maron. The girl left this for the revolutionary to decide. She surely began to trust him more than it was required, not knowing his inner deviance. Hell, she started to believe in this uprising of the slaves without realizing Morfran's dynamism.

To her surprise, once again the ship was yanked. This time Arcana felt as if the vessel bounced in the sky. She could not feel the wooden surface anymore. Everything was upside down. This immediate chaos tossed Morfran's crimson throne to the sky. The girl watched it dropping in the ocean and drowning to great depths. Motivation sparked inside her, erasing doubts and hesitation.

?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?​
*Maron lay in pain on the ground. Once his left side touched the floor, a shock erupted from the bruise that the giant left on him. He gripped his side and tried to tug at the rusted chains. He tugged harder and harder until he fell again.*

-Aw, damn. I wonder what they've got going on outside-

*The chestnut haired captain peeked out the door and saw a full scale revolt happening aboard the ship.*

-I'll just take charge after some quick rest aboard my ship. Some medicine will numb the pain... But first, I must escape in style.-

*Maron looked over at a dead pirate's body and used the bandana to cover up his distinguished head. Then he pulled out one of his swords and charged forward like a madman. Heaven or Hell help whoever got in his way. He yelled, "FREEDOM IS OURS!" and continued running through the ship with his swords out.

Unfortunately, as he drew closer to the exit, there was more intense fighting by the exit. There was no other option. He charged forward and cut down three large men that were overpowering the untrained slaves. Maron turned to the them and said, "Cover me! We're escaping! Save the others once we come up with something."All four of them boldly charged through and killed three more guards that were blocking their way.

They finally made it to Maron's ship. The slaves and the captain were free for the moment. No one, not even Maron himself, was so excited to see his dingy looking ship again.*
?​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?​

The entire boat was being shaken as the anchor pulled it around, bending the entire frame to the point that the planks on the main deck were pulled apart, with one of Morfrans men getting a foot stuck between them. All this was accompanied by a creaking like the wails of all the damned souls that had been trapped on this vessel in the last 3 decades. The throne, a symbol for all this suffering and despair, got ripped from its pedestal, and inertia carried it off the boat and into the ocean.
Rumbling could be heard from below, where the gun deck was thrown into chaos, with cannons rolling away from their designated ports and cannonballs falling out of their storage crates.
Another loud sound could be heard from the corridor leading into the aftercastle, like an elephant jumping into the air and not quite sticking the landing. It was of course Morfran, who was taking a break from torturing Maron to taunt Arcana and to challenge Rilerd.
The sudden change in directions had taken him by surprise, and when he fell in the small corridor, he hit his head. Ever since he had been weakened like this, his gait was missing that certainty, that confidence that had made him into such a feared man. This small blow to his head unsettled him a bit. Had he been younger, this little turbulence would surely have been no problem for him.

Dō, who anticipated the sudden change in direction, was able to stay on his feet to access the damage his little trick had caused. He saw a few of Morfrans men who had been on the exposed decks to sail the ship fall into the ocean. But what interested him more was the reaction of the pirate girl.
'Did she see the throne fly away? That must have given her some resolve to fight that monster.'
He turned around, expecting to see a small child with eyes full of hope, but what he saw instead seemed to be someone much older, exhausted both mentally and physically. This still young mind had already seen too much death and despair to ever recover from it. This monster had stolen it's childhood.
Yet, within all this despair, determination burned like the sun in the darkness of space, piecing through the suffering and aligning all effords towards one goal:
Defeating Morfran.
Dō began feeling a rage swell within him that he knew all too well.

He needs to die!! Rip him apart for this!! She will feel better if she can rip him to pieces!!
All his fur began to poof up, showing that it was still mostly red despite his effords to cover his red fur with his black fur.
But he caught himself before he lost control.

'More blood will not help her at all. She has seen enough. I agree that his death might be necessary and I need her strength for that, but unnecessary brutality will only scar her even more.'
He rushed to her side to see if she needed help after falling down, and heard her mutter:

"If Morfran kills me, I will kill you first before dying!"
'At least she has enough confidence to make jokes now.'
"You will have to carry me, my legs have not rested for ages,"
'That makes sense. That poor child has already fought with the other pirate, she's bound to be tired.'
He offered her his right hand to help her up. The cut in his left pectoral made him doubt the strength of that arm. He would have to slowly test with how much strength he could move it. He was mostly ambidextrous, but he did have a small preferance for his left side, so it was important to figure this out.
While slowly rotating his arm and occasionally wincing in pain he started leading his protectee towards the aftercastle.

They weren't even halfway there when the door to the right of where the throne had been standing burst open and like a crashing wave Morfran exploded out onto the deck. He roared:
"Who did this to my ship? I will eat you! Rilerd! I know you are still onboard, come out! You will pay for what you did!"
He was bleeding from a wound on his head, and was so mad he was almost foaming at the mouth. Spittle from his rant almost reached Dō and Arcana, and soon he focused his rage towards the two:
"So you are allying with this intruder you traitor? You will regret this! I will make you pay! Come here and die!"

Morfran stepping out on the deck was apparently the moment rilerd and his men had been waiting for.
About 50 of his men surfaced almost simultaneously from all openings on the deck, some even from the door to the left of the throne pedestal. There had only been 20 men on the rowboats, pirates who could not be convinced to join in the fight against Morfran. They had been decoys, and nobody would have minded if they had been killed by cannon fire. They had, after all, chosen to be slave trading pirates, and therefore had, in Rilerds eyes, lost all sympathy.
Of the 50 men that accompanied Rilerd to the main deck, 10 were slaves that had been held below deck, while the rest of the slaves had safely been smuggled aboard Marons ship
The mutineers immediately started fights with the loyalists wherever they could find them, and before long, utter chaos had broken out.
Unnoticed by any of the fighters, maron had escaped and made his way towards his ship, which lay astern directly behind the aftercastle.

?​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?​
*Most, if not all of the slaves filled up Maron's ship. The majority of them were young men, women and children. There weren't many adults among them. One of the adults walked towards him with a little girl*

-Oh right. Everyone is going to start thanking me- Maron thought to himself, -They are both making weird faces though-

"Hello, sir. My daughter and I have been slaves for along time. We would just like to thank you." The man extended out his hand.

*He grabbed the father's hand, then he felt a sharp pain in his side... The father stabbed him and pinned him against the wall. As Maron slid downward, the man stole one of his swords. The father laughed, "I can't believe you really fell for that? I'll be taking your ship and these slaves for my Captain."

Maron pulled out the knife and then pulled out the sword that the slaver didn't steal. He tried to stand up, but he fell back against the wall. The slaver laughed at him again, "You really must be dense! I'll cut down your false sense of bravado."

The slaver swung his sword, then the captain parried. He swung again, but the captain parried. He stabbed the captain's right pectoral and felt his own sharp pain. When their eyes met, he saw Maron's smile. The chestnut-haired man chuckled, "Remember not to piss me off in the next life. Otherwise, I'll just end you over and over again."

*Maron dug the blade deep, then sighed for a moment while the smelly slaver was slumped over him.*

All of the slaves were quiet. The little girl tugged Maron's shirt and she cried, "I'm so sorry mister. Please don't hurt me."

*The chestnut-haired captain threw the slaver off of him. Then he sheathed his swords and crouched down. He made a funny face with his tongue up his nose, "Bweh! Doesn't my hair look funny?"*

"Haha, yeah!"

"Don't worry. I'm a pirate, but I really don't like to babysit, so why don't you go run off to one of your friends here, okay?"

The little girl nodded and ran off to her little friends in the crowd. Maron turned his attention to the everyone else on the ship, "A deal is a deal guys. Most pirates don't honor their word, but I really don't like women, children or anyone for that matter... Especially, babysitting.. So you are all going to be free once Morfran is taken care of by a certain someone! EVERYONE GETS TO GO HOME!!!"
?​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?​
General Narration
Morfran's Narration
Dō's Narration

About half of the pirates that were loyal to Morfran had been sent out to sail the ship, and because they were spread all over the decks and caught off guard they were quickly taken care of.
However, the rest of his men had now formed a solid formation behind their captain. Morfran had already ripped three men in half who, due to two cases of foolish overconfidence and one case of misguided heroism, had come within his reach.

Rilerd made his way across the deck to meet up with Arcana and Dō, where he shouted for his men to gather around to create a closed front against the bloodthirstier pirates. The mutineers had the numerical advantage, for now. He addressed the two fighters:
"We need to get him to the back of the ship, we have a plan. He's bleeding from the head, now is our chance. I've been told we have to thank you for what happened to the ship."
He tipped on a baby Den Den Mushi that was sitting on his shoulder. With the face of a man that worried more than the mother of a minesweeper with parkinsons it blurped:
"I said he probably did it, before he got caught. I was only 70% sure. Great tactical move, though. Right out of my fathers playbook. Preparations down here are almost complete. I'll wait for your signal."
Walter stems from a long line of renowned strategists and tacticians. Members of the Walters family are always in high demand among all kinds of armed forces, be they the marines, kingdoms, private militias and security companies, and even among some of the larger pirate crews. Their tactical prowess is so valued that the World Government chooses to overlook the occasional criminal and Revolutionary. The majority of clan members tended to work for them anyways, because the Government was by far the most lucrative employer.
Through centuries of excellent reputation and political independence the family had amassed a fortune that could rival even some of the bigger kingdoms and though their own armed forces are rather small, they command or advise about a ten percent of all armed men in the world across all factions, so their independence is more than just out of courtesy.

The family motto that guided them through the centuries is:
"Cloud your path in chaos,
Achieve victory through structure!"
(Also known as "Chaos is a ladder.")

Walter's father, Walter II., known commonly as "The mad Caltrop" had been tasked with protecting a small Kingdom from marauding pirates and Jehovah's witnesses. With only 2 working warships and not many more men he mostly employed guerilla tactics to disable enemy vessels before they could land, and then taking them out with well aimed shots from afar.

His grandfather, Walter "Cleansing Wave" Walters, was a marine, and with the fleet he commanded he routed entire pirate armadas. He had also freed the country that his son was later tasked with protecting from occupation by a nation not affiliated with the world government. This nation does not exist anymore. The more superstitious among his soldiers and enemys thought that he controlled the sea itself, but he was actually just very good at observing weather and tide patterns.
"God of Chaos and Disasters" Walltear: The very first.
An orphan without a name, he was the greatest tactician ever. It was said that great disasters befell his enemies, and that he was some kind of dark god of misfortune for all the things he had happen to his opponents. He earned his name, the name that would become that of a long and proud line of leaders and tacticians, by allegedly being able to tear down any wall, be they manmade, natural or metaphorical, without even having to expend a single soldiers life.

"Crazy Cruel" Chris Walters: The only member of the family in its entire history whose name didn't start with a "W". After all the suffering he caused, the naming of children became subject to some strict rules, with the "W" always being mandatory.
His name wasn't the only thing where he was an outlier, though. He was also the only clan member to have ever eaten a devil fruit. The biggest difference between Chris and the rest of the family, though is the amount of casualties his battles caused, on both sides. It was this uncaring bloodlust that led to him being officially disavowed, a fate not even those of the pirate persuasion had to suffer, and finally to him being hunted down by his brothers and cousins with an armada of never before seen size (excluding void century) that was made up of both pirate and navy warships. He managed to fend them off for a while, but his penchant for huge casualties caught up with him, and when he found himself cornered with only his own strength to rely on, he quickly gave up fighting (Walters don't do much fighting, generally) and tried to escape by jumping overboard into the ocean, forgetting that he couldn't swim, and drowning.
This was the worst blow to the reputation of the family, worse than his crimes or the loss of power the massive war caused. A Walters NEVER forgets something important. That's why all history books, if they mention him at all, insist that he was instead swallowed by a giant sea king his brother had brought into battle. Nobody who knew the truth and told it did so for very long.

Wallaby Walters: Unlike his brother Walter III. he is seemingly not invested in the family business and prefers to spend his time with animals, studying them and filling bookshelves in the Walters' library with his research. Though if you were to take a closer look at his garden you'd notice things, for example the ant kingdoms he's studying use military tactics and siege engines.

Wynona "Wizeman" Walters: The title of Wizeman is one of the highest honors a Walters can obtain. It gets bestowed upon anyone who returns from their lifelong appointment to a client alive and who is seen as skillful enough to teach the next generations.
Wynona has served in the marines until the age of 80, helping to pacify large portions of the West Blue and keeping the Mafia families there in check, and after she retired, she taught a young Walter III. and his siblings Wallaby and Wingdings, as well as their cousins Wimbledon, Waterloo and Whitesnake.

Wingdings Walters: She is the youngest of the three siblings, barely done with her training, and is still waiting to get an assignment. She passes her time by organizing political dinners with her dolls, eliminating the ones from the game that foolishly drink from the chalices of friendship without consulting a food taster teddy first.
Rilerd ignored that small criticism. A "probably" from Walter was as good as a guarantee from any normal man. He began shouting orders to his men:
"You know the plan! "W" Formation!
Former Slaves, cover out rear!
You two! Focus on the big one! Drive him back!"

And like that he started the battle with a shot from one of his guns straight towards Morfran.
His men advanced on the enemy in a loose W shape, which pretty soon broke apart into two arrows in performing a pincer movement.
The loyalists, eager to get away from their captain, who seemed to be at best half sane at the moment, moved out in a sort of reverse V shape to meet the pincering arrows. Their chances were abysmal. They were outnumbered almost 1:2, and where the arrows met the straight lines this ratio became brutally apparent.
With both forces drawn to the sides, Dō and Arcana had a clear path towards Morfran, who seemed to be... crying? Laughing? He was definetely salivating.

Lets look at how he experienced the unfolding events.

He had known that the men were gathering at the exits, but since he hit his head his focus had been getting worse and worse, and after the traitors attacked, he seemed to have lost his last grip on his awareness haki. In all this chaos he was completely unable to distinguish any presences. He felt his control of the situation slip. Old memories came to the surface like dead fish in a burning sea of oil. That feeling he had back then... He had never felt anything like it before. When confronted with these men, all he had wanted was to get away, to save himself. He, of all people had felt small and weak. Who knew the celestial dragons were protected so thoroughly.

And right now he felt a similar feeling creeping up on him. He could hear his men dying all around him, most of his crew had betrayed him, the forces he had built up his entire life were crumbling away before his eyes.
Like in a trance he grabbed the two men that had approached him and began to tear them apart.
As the third, who tried to save the first two, landed in his hands he was barely even paying attention to his surroundings, not even noticing all his remaining men assembling behind him.
Had everyone lost their respect for him? Was he weakened that much? He used scare people so much that they froze where they stood, and he could just pick them up and eat them.
Recently people were running away much more often. Had he lost so much? Was his end near? He had not nearly seen enough blood and guts. There were still so many children to traumatize. And eat. Whatever hell he was going to, he'd be arriving as a hero, covered in guts and with baby skulls woven into his beard.
And just as he was coming back to reality (his body was picking ribcage fragments like splinters out of his hands on autopilot) something bounced off his thick forehead. He looked up and saw Rilerd with a pistol raised. The bullet hadn't hurt him at all. He faintly recognized that the rank and file were starting to fight on both sides of him, but he only focused on the three people directly infront of him. Rilerds shot reminded him that unlike him, these were still normal people who of course had no way of harming him.
They were the ringleaders of this whole insect circus, and if he just squashed them like the bugs they were the rest would be too scared to do anything again.
It was almost amusing how for a short while he had doubted himself, but of course even weakened, these puny things had no chance against him. Though, one of them kinda reminded him of one of those men in the white suits.

He started to laugh. He would get his revenge against that cat man, and get his strength back and fill the oceans with blood. And then his reign of terror would begin and then...

Morfran has a slight concussion which leads him to think much more rational than normal.

His thoughts went on like that, like a wheel of atrocities, spiraling towards the most violent solution he could find.

Dō stood there, in front of this monster, and he could feel the hatred emanating towards him, and he recognized something in it. It was the same kind of aimless thirst for violence that he had to suppress every day. This was an unredeemable beast and needed to be put down. But he was unsure what to now.
He could feel his own monster urging him to take the first step, to be the aggressor, so automatically he did the opposite and firmed his stance.

?​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All of the slaves cheered! They hugged and shouted for joy! Maron smiled and shouted, "All of you slave parents! Arm yourselves with whatever you can get from my ship and defend your loved ones with your lives! Shout out Morfran's name and we can distract him long enough for my allies to overwhelm him!"

And every slave in attendance chanted at the top of their lungs, "MORFRAN! MORFRAN! MORFRAN! MORFRAN!MORFRAN!!!" As they tried to get the attention of their enemies!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?​
Do could feel Morfran focus on him. He would probably be the first target. He tried to take in as much information as he could to ensure a positive outcome. He registered that Arcana was still by his side, exhausted. He saw that Maron's ship was located behind the aftercastle (he could see the sails). He knew that Rilerd's plan required preparations "down here" and that Morfran needed to be at the back of the ship. He had only returned with a fraction of the men he left with, so the rest were busy with the plan below deck.
He was getting a pretty good idea what this plan was.

"MORFRAN! MORFRAN! MORFRAN! MORFRAN!MORFRAN!!!"
He saw Morfran twitch, and was running before he even really knew why. He started figuring it out as he passed behind the fighting pirates. The chants were coming from a variety of throats too varied to be Maron's crew. Some of these voices were obviously children. Rilerd must have snuck the slaves on to the other ship.
And if he guessed the plan correctly, he had to warn them to take cover.
Also, his sudden action got Morfran's attention, and by using himself as bait and with the chanting drawing his ire it would be easy to draw him to where he needs to be.
He didn't care much for his own safety when so many futures were at stake, and so, moments before Morfran closed the distance between them he shouted back:

"Rilerd! Don't worry about me! Just give me a warning!"
?
Edit: Lol, the quote was missing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
?​
*Maron collapsed again. He had to pick himself back up and keep going. One of the former slave women helped him up from his knees. He blinked and then for a moment, he saw her. The young man saw the woman he never confessed to, Eris... But he blinked and it was just the face of the slave woman. There were no real similarities between the two. He thought to himself,

-Darn, I must be hallucinating. This is no time to be losing it-

He turned his gaze away from his helper and turned his gaze back to the woman, "Listen, I need you to stand back. I'm going to see if my marine 'friend' is okay. She's our only hope of getting revenge or even escaping that monster. Unless you know of anyone else that might be trying to save you guys from Morfran?"

?​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
💀
Dō's Narration (Times New Roman)
Morfrans Narration (Georgia)

Morfran was just about to step forth and squash his puny adversaries when he heard the chanting. Those were his slaves! Why were they behind him? Were they escaping?
The boiling thunder clouds of his rage found a new place to ground themselves.
And suddenly the biggest lightning rod in front of him started moving, directly towards the stairs to join the nicely flammable forest.
Rage lightning always chooses the path of most bloody resistance.
Morfran may seem to move slow if seen from afar, like an avalanche he is actually deceptively fast up close, and so it took him only five steps to catch up with the green clad tiger ant, just before it could reach the stairs to the poop deck. He didn't concern himself with any fancy technique, he just slammed down both of his haki coated arms down towards the opponent like two vengeful hammers from the forges of hell. He was determined to get this kill.

Attack Rank B. +2
Wall/tree strength+3
Hardening+2
=7 => Town level.

Dō had known the attack was coming. He wasn't sure how, but when he saw Morfran twitch when he heard those chants he knew how he would react, how to steer him. It was like looking into a dark mirror. The beast inside him would have reacted the same way... And he just acted on that instinct. He would have to do some serious introspection later.
These were the thoughts that darted through his head (nonverbally, less coherent, here written out for ease of reading) as he saw those arms bear down on him.
He was already in full sprint, so the only way to save himself was to dive forward. He might crash into the stairs right in front of him, but that was better than getting caught beneath those massive arms. Each hand alone was big enough to crush his entire ribcage to mush.
He could feel the massive weight of the giant tear through the air behind him, while the saw the stairs racing towards his face at an alarming rate.
Protecting his face with his healthy arm he crashed right into the wooden planks.
Luckily he didn't hit an edge of a step, or he might have broken his arm instead of just dislocating his shoulder.
Morfran attack speed: 60
Dō Reaction Speed: 41
Same bracket. Barely.

Attacking and dodging myself feels kinda wrong. If I go blind I blame my co writers.
Out of breath from the pain Dō tried to turn around to see what Morfran was doing. The next attack was surely going to follow suit. But he had to stop when he accidentally puts his weight on his left arm (the one with the cut pectoral).
Can someone else control morfran for once? You can autohit Dō, due to the pain he got a temporary speed debuff. Don't run on stairs, kids!
💀

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
💀
Dō's Narration (Times New Roman)
`Do´s Speech´ (The bigger the louder)

Morfrans Narration (Georgia)
General Narration (Arial)

When Morfran crashed through the decks floor, he felt like he had stepped into an anthill. A crowded panic was spreading around him.
The men gathered on the gun deck all froze when they were suddenly confronted with Morfrans appalling, blood (and worse) soaked loincloth. A cluster of skulls swayed, bound together with dried intestines, and a mix of fresh blood and spittle dripped to the floor.
Dō saw the frightened men past Morfrans legs. Under no circumstances could he allow him to focus on those men right now. He could see Morfrans attention slipping, and the giant began to turn. The act of ripping open the deckboards and killing everything he found beneath, which the monstrous slaver could accomplish as easily as others might swat away a fly, would be catastrophical, world ending to all of his enemies.
He had to keep his attention on himself, at all cost. And he knew how the mind of such a monster operated. There were two triggers for a beast´s aggression. Prey, or the challenge of a rival. Inching backwards up the stairs using his busted arms, visibly wincing in pain, he knew that his course of action might well result in his death. But he didn´t mind that. He would help neutralize this monster in front of him, and the one inside him would also vanish from this world.
As the monster inside him resisted, clawing and fighting to break out and stay alive, Dō´s next words were adressed to both Beasts at the same time:
``´´´´` You cannot defeat me. I am your Master. You will die with me!´´´´
For a moment Morfrans rage had been unfocused. There was prey all around him, the cat man to his left, and the anthill to his right. Then the cat winced, like the wounded animal he was. It would be so satisfying to crush him, rip him apart, eat him. But then... Those words... That man in the white suit had said something similar.. "You cannot defeat me. Your insignificant life will end here." Back then Morfran had only escaped with his life by a hairs breath. His back never set properly after his injury. The loss in stature from his broken back had directly contributed to him losing control of his crew, so it was directly responsible for his current situation. And now... That cat man was...Right there!!!!!
"Luuucciiiii!!!!!!!" He roared. His left arm drove a backhand straight through the wood of the stairs Do was laying on, with a powerful right cross to follow right after. However, the second attack found no target, as the young revolutionary had already been flung away by the backhand.

Backhand:
Strength - Wall/Tree +3( this was started before the update to the destructive potency stuff)
Attack Rank B +2
Armament Haki - +2
Blocked by the Wood of the stairs, Wall/tree level, - 3
What hits me: 4 DPR, Small Building
My Durability: Wall/Tree Level: 3

1 Dpr higher than my durability, quite effective.

Right Cross:
Strength +3
B Rank +2
Armament Haki - +2
DPR 7 = Town Level
Doesn´ t hit.

I live, barely. Like really barely.

Do had achieved his goal. The men below the deck were all but forgotten now. He saw the massive hand coming his way and resigned himself to his fate. But he was saved. The wooden stairs that had dislocated his shoulder redeemed themselves and softened the blow enough for him to survive it.
He was still flung back over the poop deck, which saved his life, as he would definitely have died had that right cross hit him. Still, that backhand had packed quit a punch, and Do tumbled over the entire poopdeck until he crashed into the taffrail, the handrail at the stern of the ship.
Hanging there between the struts of the railing he could see the deck of @WingedClover Marons ship, but Morfrans attack had knocked the wind out of his lungs, and he couldn´t bring out a proper warning. They were going to endure what was about to happen.
Like a breaching shark in pursuit of a flying fish the abomination known as Morfran appeared on the raised deck. Now with the time to enjoy his moment of victory, he advanced with the swagger of a krokodile approaching an injured antelope. As he came closer, Do could see a signal flare (green, he appreciated that) rise behind the giant. He used the bit of air that had returned to his lungs to whisper:

`You lose. And I didn´t attack him once...´
With that he let go of all the tension in his body and slipped between the struts of the railing. He hadn´t even hit the water when the entire aftercastle was blown to shit.

Rilerds/Walters Plan
The plan had, in true Walters Family tradition, been more an assortement of options that could be employed to get to a victorious outcome.
-Rilerd was the one that initiated the meeting between the Morfran pirates and the Maron pirates
- It had been Walter that leaked the information about the deal to the marines. Bringing in Arcana was a lucky accident. An attack by a marine ship could have led to success, too
- Then, to increase their manpower they requested backup from the revolutionary headquarters. This brought Do into play.
-Many of Morfrans men were more loyal to Rilerd, and a lot of others could be convinced should the monster show any weakness
-Walters was the one that constructed the aftercastle of the "King Phillip´s Reckoning". The ship wasn´t originally constructed for giants, so the aftercastle was erected on the stern. During construction Walter built in little explosive charges that could be detonated with the press of a button. That way the entire thing could be separated from the main ship again, serving as a potential decoy or as an escape vessel in case of an attack, or it could be completely destroyed
-When Rilerd went under deck with his 110 men, 20 of them weren´t in on the plan and decided to try their luck escaping with the rowboats. By using Marons ship for cover their safety could be guaranteed for some time. The King Philip´s Reckoning first had to curve around the smaller ship, and without front facing cannons still couln´t threaten the rowboats for some time. At this point it came in handy that Do disabled the starboard (right side) anchor, which yanked the massive ship around while it was performing a turn to port around the smaller ship, so it ended up perpendicular to it, facing it with the stern.
-Rilerd and 40 men and 10 adult slaves went out onto the deck to drive morfran back onto the aftercastle
-50 Men stayed below deck with Walter. On the gun deck.
- On Rilerds signal they used all the ships cannons to blow the aftercastle and everyone on it to hell. The detonation charges exploded just before, so the aftercastle is just a loose bunch of planks when the cannonballs arrive so they don´t explode early, destroying the entire ship. The recoil from all cannons firing at the same time deals a massive amount of damage to the ship. Because the aftercastle is higher than the gun deck, all cannons can aim at it at the same time.

Morfran had known there were men in the gun deck through his awareness haki, but he didn´t know what they were doing. As he had been completely focused on Do, this double broadside of cannon fire caught him of guard, and he had just turned around when a cannonball exploded in his face. Some more rounds turned his footing to splinters, making it impossible for him to dodge, and the rest of the explosive rounds ignited in a chain reaction, blowing him off the "King Phillip´s Reckoning" towards Marons ship.

50x Fodder level 10:
Level 10*5=50
Strength=12
Speed=11
Vitality=11
Martial Art=16
Shooting=22
Sword=10

Cannon shot
22 Mastery, street level, +2
DPR- C +1
Wall/Tree level damage. 2 DPR below His Dura. He was blindsided, so no haki.
Times 50. Thats a lotta damage. That plus the small head injury and Rilerds shot (did i even do calcs for that?) is already quite a lot, plus the bit that will follow thats enough.

The afterdeck of the bigger ship was built to house a giant, and thus was quite a lot higher than the main deck, and practically towered over the smaller ship. Morfran and a cloud of debris were raining down onto the smaller vessel.
Morfran was in shock. There was pain everywhere. His whole body was hurting. He had never experienced something like this before. Even back then... AAAARRRRGHHH. Just as he thought back to that day, ice blue pain burned in his spine, where it had been injured by Rob Lucci.
It made all the other pains go away. When he landed on the deck he was barely feeling anything anymore, and that filled him with immense satisfaction. All they had accomplished was cause him some pain. But he had endured way worse pain, their puny attacks just couldn´t compare.
In an ecstatic mood now, he began to slaughter the slaves he could reach on the deck, showering himself in their blood. He was in his heaven here. He slaughtered 10 slaves, then another 10, and more and more, bathing in a river of blood, the blood of hundreds, tousands... millions...

When Morfran was blown of his ship, he was impaled on the mast of Marons ship, right where his old injury was. The top of the mast broke off under his weight, and he landed on the Deck. He managed to kill two slaves before he fell unconscious. His spine was split in two, his legs were paralyzed and the mast had punctured his lungs.
He could not fight anymore.
This ends the combat for this adventure. To be continued.

Epilogue: A wet, red shadow heaved itself onto a small rowboat drifting on the waves.
"Who are you?" it asked. "I´m Albert. Is this your boat?" "Yes."
💀

Top Bottom