Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Pretty awesome chapter. Its been a while since i desperately wanted to know what happens next.
The panel with the 9 scabbards staying in front of Kaido in the last page was crazy.
With the 9 scabbards ready to fight and the moon shining, i think kaido is going to be busy for a while.
And seeing Law i noticed how i completely forgot about his part of the story. The last thing i remember was that he was set free from someone after being captured.
Offtopic: I dont like it how ridiculously perverted ODA has become. Sexualising women wherever it is possible.
Cant take any woman serious in One Piece because they either are almost naked or beyond ugly and fat

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Pretty awesome chapter. Its been a while since i desperately wanted to know what happens next.
The panel with the 9 scabbards staying in front of Kaido in the last page was crazy.
With the 9 scabbards ready to fight and the moon shining, i think kaido is going to be busy for a while.
And seeing Law i noticed how i completely forgot about his part of the story. The last thing i remember was that he was set free from someone after being captured.
Offtopic: I dont like it how ridiculously perverted ODA has become. Sexualising women wherever it is possible.
Cant take any woman serious in One Piece because they either are almost naked or beyond ugly and fat
Yeh.... I have similar beef with his depictions of gender variant people up to this point. So far the only female character of note that doesn’t get put through the fan service wringer is o-Kiku—and I suspect it’s only cuz she doesn’t have tits for oda to go out of his way to display. I mean, it wasn’t even that bad at all this chapter tbh. I was going back and rewatching how much depth and nuance characters like Robin and Nami had at the beginning and even just aside from the changes in proportion (whatever I’m down with bimbofication I guess, fight me) I feel like the amount of time just making fan service jokes with them as the object of those scenarios has just gotten really out of hand. At least Yamato And ulti are having consistently amazing dialogue

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Some Fans are theorizing the guy next to Law is Hawkins, what do you guys think?

Personally i do think he resemble him and we can't be 100% sure it's not him, but i doubt it's him because Beasts Pirates would have mentioned his Name to Queen along with the others
Some have said it could be Heat from the Kid Pirates but honestly his hair isn't as straight as Hawkins. There is actually a yet unnamed character on Law's Crew who has light colored long hair but he's a bit on the large side. Again Hawkins is more likely. If it isn't Hawkins then the only other thing I can think that figure can be is a Samurai who isn't a scabbard.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Some have said it could be Heat from the Kid Pirates but honestly his hair isn't as straight as Hawkins. There is actually a yet unnamed character on Law's Crew who has light colored long hair but he's a bit on the large side. Again Hawkins is more likely. If it isn't Hawkins then the only other thing I can think that figure can be is a Samurai who isn't a scabbard.
After seeing the viz scans, I don’t think it is Hawkins. The right shoulder Very blatantly does not match his costuming. Of course it could just be a wardrobe change

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
-987 (three consecutive descending numbers)
-Jinbe in cover spread... also Chandelier lyrics? :LOL:
-Kaido has a weak spot regarding Oden, I wonder about the other times he was defeated?
-The Scabbards are doing something (though it probably won't have a lasting effect)
-The Scabbards are presumed by Kaido to have Ryuo, and if Hyogoro has it, then it would make sense for them to have it too
-High impact falling 🤣
-In the midst of the Beast Pirates' confusion, the samurai reveal themselves
-Big Mom is so nonchalant about the whole thing
-Ulti finds Yamato
-Luffy calls Ulti 'Headbutt'... Luffy has the best nicknames
-The Beast Pirates finally realise whose side Yamato is on (not theirs)
-Big Mom inserts herself into the situation
-While she's distracted by Luffy, Nami and Carrot escape the Wano homies
-Big Mom is straight-forward about what she wants, as always
-Kaido talks of the Scabbards being still alive, and allying with pirates
-Kin'emon makes a faith-in-Luffy speech :blobinterested:
-Luffy returns Big Mom's honesty with some of his own
-Queen has been a reaction face for how many chapters now? :dogkek:
-Kid and Killer are with the Udon prisoners including Cho
-Zoro is with the samurai
-Law is with a long-haired person (not even going to speculate yet :pikarun:)
-Marco and Perospero are headed in the same direction
-Kaido accepts Luffy's challenge, then transforms into a dragon and flies upwards
-Luffy says he'll catch up later, so we can presume that he won't get into fighting Kaido immediately
-Kaido challenges the Scabbards atop the skull
-Neko points out that they have the minks with them
-Neko begins to transform while pointing out the Full Moon, seems like Sulong is on its way.

Thank you for reading my review of One Piece Chapter 987 (if you chose to do so).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I understand Ryuo is needed to damage Kaido but tbh it's a bit of a let down. I can understand characters like Rayleigh and Oden having it but all the scabbards is a bit to much. I know the scabbards aren't supposed to be fodder but still, Kaido showed no damage from falling of Sky Island or tanking Luffy in gear 4 so i'm not sure about this chapter :confused:

Do look forward to sulong Minks against Kaido however :whistle:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Damn, just realized it’s a break week :blobworried: Can you guys imagine how bad ass sulong army is going to be? Because I can’t. Carrot went sulong for literal minutes, took on an entire fleet and only had to stop cuz she was gonna do herself in before the enemy got a chance

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Damn, just realized it’s a break week :blobworried: Can you guys imagine how bad ass sulong army is going to be? Because I can’t. Carrot went sulong for literal minutes, took on an entire fleet and only had to stop cuz she was gonna do herself in before the enemy got a chance
Sulong Army who are defo few notches higher than Carrot bae is gonna be a stage. She admitted that she hasn't mastered it yet so I am excited to see how it's done by those who are capable, esp the dukes. Damn.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm more curious as to what Beppo's Sulong form will be. Oda is either gonna make it very dumb or very epic.

But yes Neko's Sulong form is gonna be lit.
I want now!!! :feelslaserman:
I almost forgot Bepo is mink :pepethinking:
Bepo sulong form can show off that Law's crew can actually be a formidable fighter
I wanna see the big guy on Law’s crew show off—but more than anything I want penguin hat dude to end up being like a terrifying cold blooded killer or something like that. BEPO IS A POLAR BEAR, his sulong form is going to be heckin’ strong

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm more curious as to what Beppo's Sulong form will be. Oda is either gonna make it very dumb or very epic.

But yes Neko's Sulong form is gonna be lit.
Do we think Bepo can actually do Sulong though? Didn't he leave Zou at a young age?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Do we think Bepo can actually do Sulong though? Didn't he leave Zou at a young age?
If I remember correctly any Mink can go into the Sulong form. The issue is that it takes training to maintain ones senses once in the Sulong form.

If you or anyone else knows more about this I'd like to hear it as it's been a couple years since we last got a Sulong transformation.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If I remember correctly any Mink can go into the Sulong form. The issue is that it takes training to maintain ones senses once in the Sulong form.

If you or anyone else knows more about this I'd like to hear it as it's been a couple years since we last got a Sulong transformation.
I get the vibe that bepo is a martial arts expert—I think it would be badass if he had learned to control sulong already by some other means than growing up on zou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom