Island Conomi Islands

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: rominmusa
"Men. Have yourselves form up into your respective units around the ship before I come back. I am going to have a chat with a fellow officer. rominmusa feel free to follow me if you wish to do so. You might learn something of value from our little talk but do not interrupt any questions I ask the Commodore."
"Ok sir" romin replied

He was nervous because it was his first battle against a strong pirate crew.

Romin followed the captain and walked to meet commodore ...

After walking alittle romin saw a panda coming with his troops. Cpatain suddenly started to walk towarda him..

Romi followed thathe captian.. the mink was soo tall he was almost twice his size...

"Tell me Commodore Reo. Are you an officer of careful observation? Look at the surrounding settlement and landscape and tell me what potential conclusions you can draw from this action?"
Romin heard captian questioning the mink panda. Romin waited for his reply

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: roogy
Cocoyasi Village, Main Street
The purple-haired woman met with the sheriff of the town, by the police station.

"Genzo! Are you seeing this? Marine ships at port. Whose are they?" she asked.

"I have no idea, Nojiko. Let's just hope they're stronger than all the marines that have tried to free us over the years," said Genzo.

"Well, anything beats having to save up the hundred million berries..." said Nojiko.

"I know, this has been hard on all of us."

Arlong Park, Inside Gates
A marine captain entered through the side gates. Though the marine was human, he resembled a rat.

Arlong looked at the marine and smiled. "Nezumi, do you have an update on the marine ships headed our way?" he asked.

"They have docked at the port of Cocoyasi. These aren't your typical marines. I'd advise you to take caution," said Nezumi.

"Do you have a strategy in mind? I can tell by your face that you're scheming something."

"If you'd let me talk with them, I can act as if I know nothing and find out who they are and what they know."

"Sounds good. A shark that bites off more than it can chew will choke to death. Shahahaha!"

This fish disgusts me, thought Nezumi. Though his money is nice, I don't know if sticking with him is worth it. If the marines can take care of him, I'd rather be on the payroll than in jail. Though having to resume honest marine work seems like it'll be a pain. Maybe I'll just wait for everything to blow over and then retire.

Nezumi headed back to the village in order to greet the marines.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: major lee hung
Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
Helmsman/Timonel Narrative
Helmsman/Timonel Thoughts
"Helmsman/Temonel Dialogue"
"Any other Marine Dialogue"

Cocoyasi Village-Port
Riding the wind, the Danko makes it's way to the port with Don Krieg's massive Colossus in Tow behind it. The ship stops just as it reaches the Island, as a catwalk extends from the Danko's deck and touches down on one of the Docks in Cocoyasi Village's Port next to the other ships of G-169. Young Marines run down the catwalk to the Dock in order to tie the ship down. Many of the Danko's Marines remain on the deck re-furling the sails, and another group of Marines stands on the ships deck handing Rifles to young Marines as they make their way onto the catwalk and onto the dock.

Seeing @Capt_NakedPanda Reo down on the port giving orders, the Danko's Helmsman, a man named Timonel, makes his way down onto the port as he looks out onto the village. Timonel was a young Marine of around average height with no facial hair, wearing a standard Marine uniform, around 18 years old. He looks out onto the port observing the other ships of G-169 readying themselves for the action.

Good..The plan is going off without a hitch..I hope the Rear Admiral isn't having too much trouble with Arlong's men in the Ocean..

He overhears the Mink Commodore Vulpes addressing Commodore Reo:

Tartan Owl said:
"Tell me Commodore Reo @Capt_NakedPanda . Are you an officer of careful observation? Look at the surrounding settlement and landscape and tell me what potential conclusions you can draw from this action?"
As he hears this, Timonel looks out to towards the village to examine it. After a moment, a look of shock shoots across his face as a bead of sweat begins to poor down his temple. Another Marine walks alongside him and catches the shocked look on Timonel's face.

Marine: "Timonel, what's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost?"

Timonel audibly gulps, sweat now running down his temple. "Can't you tell?? The buildings in this village...Every single one of them...they're all upside down!"

The Marine looks out to the village in confusion, before his eyes suddenly widen and his voice speaks with a sudden fear. "Oi oi, you're right...What the hell is going on here??!!"

Timonel speaks with a hint of hopelessness in his voice: "It's got to be the work of the Arlong Pirates. There is no other explanation.."

Timonel legs begin to shake a bit.

What...what kind of monsters are we up against here??

Under the Waves-In the Bay Outside of Cocoyasi Village
From under water, Lee looks up towards the port to see that all of the 169th's Officers had docked their ships at the port, as planned.

Good. But this is way too easy. We're missing something. There's some variable that our Intel hasn't provided us, some missing piece of information that our plan isn't taking into account...Why hasn't Arlong sent his men out to greet us? Why is he simply letting us approach? I don't like this at all... Regardless, I'd better join the Men at the port.

Kicking his legs furiously, Lee darts through the water like the Torpedoes from which his epithet has been derived. Flying through the water at a breakneck speed, Lee waits until he is close enough to the Island before making a sharp turn up and flying out of the water like a jumping Orca.

Lee flies through the air with a stream of water behind him, gazing down upon the village.

It's quiet on the shore too. It doesn't look like anyone has made contact with Arlong or his men yet. There's something very wrong here indeed...

Lee lands on the shore of the village with a thud that sends a plume of dirt flying up into the air around him. The dirt settles as he stands to his full height. Four of his own Marines approach him, carrying his two Anchors and their chains in their arms. Lee's Anchors were so big that each of them required two Marines to carry. The Marines reach him as they hold the Anchor handles out for Lee to grab.

Marine:
"Rear Admiral, sir!!"

Lee didn't respond to them. His intense gaze was fixed outward at the village before them. Lee reaches both hands forward and grabs his Anchors without even looking at his men, strapping them and their chains to his belt. His Marines look a tad confused, but ultimately salute and run off to their other duties.

Lee thinks to himself as he gazes at the village in front of him, his brow clenched in concentration.
This village...It isn't occupied? There are no Fishmen here, just ordinary villagers....

Lee begins to examine the buildings.

Even the buildings don't seem quite....!!

Lee's eyebrows shoot upward.

The buildings are upside down......Did...Did the Pirates do this???!!

Lee looks down to the ground as his fists clench tight.

So then. This is the legacy that will be left behind by the Fishmen on this Island. Born with the strength to change the world, but they'd rather use it to oppress and intimidate...How many sleepless nights have these villagers been put through, all in the name of these Pirates and their quest for vanity...

An all to familiar sensation passes over Lee as chills run up his spine. For a moment, he is only 5 years old. He lays in one of the beds of the orphanage with the covers pulled all the way over his head, in a room surrounded by Orphans in their beds doing the same. The sounds of drunken Pirates laughing and firing their weapons into the air for no reason can be heard from outside the orphanage. Lee holds his pillow close, trembling violently and sweating.

"Sir?"

Lee snaps back to reality and looks to his left to see his Helmsman standing a few feet from him with a concerned look on his face.

Timonel: "Did..did you hear me sir? Someone should probably go talk to those villagers over there. They've been watching us since we've arrived."

Timonel points ahead through the village at a building that looks like a Police Station. Outside the building stood a middle aged man covered in scars, and a slender young woman with purple hair.

Lee addresses Timonel:
"I'll go. Keep setting up here." Lee begins to walk forward before turning back to address Timonel: "Oh, and...start looking into ways for us to get these buildings back upright."

Lee walks through the village as he examines the buildings around him. Though outwardly he had appeared to calm himself just a bit, his insides were still seathing.

You've got my attention, Arlong. Now you've earned my anger. I won't show you even an ounce of leniency.

Lee stops about ten feet away from the two humans in front of the Police station. He addresses them:

"My name is Lee, and my men and I are here to remove Arlong and his Pirates from power. Is there anything we need to know before we make our way towards Arlong Park?"

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: frayz
Narration
“Talking”
‘Thinking’
Style/Technique Names
Emphasis
Flashback
Capt_NakedPanda said:
With these thoughts in mind the Argonaut arrived at the port and started securing the area and unloading the necessary equipment. Reo has also went down from the ship giving orders, but it was obvious that something was on his mind.
Along with the other Marine ships, The Stormhawk docks at Cocoyasi Village and its Captain orders just under half of its men to remain with it. Then, with his bag of Den Den Mushi still in hand and flanked by the 10 best recruits under his command, the man known as Jikei-dan to the people of Richland gets off his ship and begins surveiling the newly-formed crowd of Marines. He knew it was crucial their mission that he meets with the other officers to hand them the Den Dens he made. Frayzah picks a few apples from a nearby tree and starts to eat one as he looks around.

Mmm, that's a nice apple. Maybe I should save some seeds to plant on The Stormhawk?
Anyway I think I see Reo and Vulpes over there.’

Tartan Owl said:
Without waiting for a response, Vulpes made his way towards Commodore Reo, seeing the black and white panda mink giving out orders to his troops. Coming up from behind the mink officer that was a good bit taller than him, Vulpes decided to announce his presence with a question.

"Tell me Commodore Reo . Are you an officer of careful observation? Look at the surrounding settlement and landscape and tell me what potential conclusions you can draw from this action?"
Emperor Cross said:
Arrived at a good distance he saw the Commodore and Vulpes talking. At least Vulpes was. Shaarib didn’t hear what the Fox mink said but could feel the seriousness of the conversation.

He quickly sprinted towards them and barely stopped behind Vulpes. Wanting to ease the situation, he put one of his arm around the shoulder of the Mink and said with a laid back voice :

~ Making confidences without waiting for me ? I’m offended Commodore, I thought that we were more than that... he said with a foxy grin.
rominmusa said:
Romin heard captian questioning the mink panda. Romin waited for his reply
The Vigilante runs through to the other side of the crowd to find out he was right and they were joined by Shaarib and Romin too.

Huh? It looks like they're in middle of something. I'll let them finish before interrupting.’

Continuing his apple, Frayzah waits close by to hand his fellow Marine officers the Den Den Mushi.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: capt_nakedpanda
"Thoughts/Internal conversation"
Narrative/Action
“Out-loud Speech”
*Sound effects*
Underlined text - flashback

Reo was trying to distract his troubled mind by giving orders to his marines to secure the area. However, before he did that he looked around the area and one thing attracted his mind. All the buildings looked upside down. Reo actually knew quite a lot about buildings and structures. They have always fascinated him, especially the extravagant ones, and these they were definitely extravagant.

Looking at buildings and trying to understand what kind of style they are made in, Reo's mind was released from the heavy thoughts.
With one arm across his chest and the other hand holding his chin the panda was trying to understand the idea behind this design.

Reo:
"Hmmm, this looks interesting. What amazing style! I havent seen one before, I wonder who the architect is."

In that moment the commodore heard a voice from behind.

Tartan Owl said:
Without waiting for a response, Vulpes made his way towards Commodore Reo, seeing the black and white panda mink giving out orders to his troops. Coming up from behind the mink officer that was a good bit taller than him, Vulpes decided to announce his presence with a question.

"Tell me Commodore Reo. Are you an officer of careful observation? Look at the surrounding settlement and landscape and tell me what potential conclusions you can draw from this action?"
Without turning around Reo replied with complete honesty.

Reo:
"Hmm, when you ask that way, this village must be pretty rich, since it seems that they managed to hire some expensive architect to make such an extravagant design. Furthermore, its not only one or two houses but its the whole village. That is pretty impressive. This style reminds me of the..."

The panda mink mumbled for few minutes more showing all the knowledge in structures and architecture, reviewing it as a piece of art, before turning towards the direction of the voice while talking.

Reo:
"So what do you think of it, I think its a bit too much."

Finishing the sentence, the marine saw the origin of the voice and he got startled seeing Vulpes. From the sudden surprise, his head separated from his body and the mink made a continues hiccup sound. When his head went up, he saw Rear Admiral Lee in the distance getting out of the water and walking towards some locals. In that moment he remembered that he was supposed to shoot the red flair once they have landed. His detached head went even higher and suddenly got covered in cold sweat.
In an instant, Reo reached the inside of his pocket, took out the flair gun and shot it upwards in the air. Not looking where he was aiming, he accidentally hit his floating head which redirected the smoke signal flying towards Rear Admiral Lee

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: endency
Gruun's heart was starting to beat hard against his chest, it felt almost as if it were trying to burst free. He had no idea how this was going to go down, but he was getting excited. As the ship came close onto shore to moor itself on land Gruun gave his chest a couple hard whacks with a closed fist to calm himself. Gruun then grabbed a hold of the railing and used it to fling himself onto the sandy beach. He landed with a soft ~thud~ displacing a little bit of sand, but not enough to cause anyone any issues. He stood close to a pair of marines that seemed to be conversating about the architecture of the village. Not knowing anything about human housing Gruun tried to listen intently without seeming like he was eavesdropping. He was not too successful at the latter.

Capt_NakedPanda said:
"Hmm, when you ask that way, this village must be pretty rich, since it seems that they managed to hire some expensive architect to make such an extravagant design. Furthermore, its not only one or two houses but its the whole village. That is pretty impressive. This style reminds me of the..." The panda mink mumbled for few minutes more showing all the knowledge in structures and architecture, reviewing it as a piece of art, before turning towards the direction of the voice while talking. "So what do you think of it, I think its a bit too much."
Gruun was even nodding along making was he thought was a decent attempt to be inconspicuous in his eavesdropping even worse. Gruun barely understood a word of what the marine was saying about the houses, but to Gruun they just looked upside down. But what did he know about humans and their housing situations? Suddenly the same marines head left his body giving Gruun a bit of a jump scare as he looked at the mink queerly. He took a couple steps back unsure of what was going on with the marine suddenly shot himself with a flair gun. Gruun raised his hand toward the marine in a gesture to see if he was okay, when he suddenly caught the trajectory of the red flair. It was heading for the Rear Admiral! Gruun was so taken aback by everything that just happend he was at a loss for words. All he managed to get out a yell for Read Admiral Lee, "Rear Admiral!" Gruun called out to get his attention.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: tartan owl
Emperor Cross said:
~ Making confidences without waiting for me ? I’m offended Commodore, I thought that we were more than that... he said with a foxy grin.
Hmmm. An attention seeker? It would be best for me to ignore him. There is no reason for me to waste my time on this bloke right now.
Capt_NakedPanda said:
Without turning around Reo replied with complete honesty.

Reo:
"Hmm, when you ask that way, this village must be pretty rich, since it seems that they managed to hire some expensive architect to make such an extravagant design. Furthermore, its not only one or two houses but its the whole village. That is pretty impressive. This style reminds me of the..."

The panda mink mumbled for few minutes more showing all the knowledge in structures and architecture, reviewing it as a piece of art, before turning towards the direction of the voice while talking.

Reo:
"So what do you think of it, I think its a bit too much."
Vulpes stroked his chin with his left paw as he pondered the observations made by Reo.

Hmmm. Well I came to a rather different conclusion but perhaps a bit of comparison between our observations will be enlightening for the both of us.
Capt_NakedPanda said:
Finishing the sentence, the marine saw the origin of the voice and he got startled seeing Vulpes. From the sudden surprise, his head separated from his body and the mink made a continues hiccup sound.
Vulpes raised his right eyebrow in a questioning manner at Commodore Reo.

"I am uncertain whether to be pleased about myself or disappointed in you at the fact that my presence has this effect on you Commodore."

I seem to recall there is a saying that goes "You are what you eat". The saying appears to hold some truth. Commodore Reo here ate the fruit of a clown and now he is acting like one.
Capt_NakedPanda said:
When his head went up, he saw Rear Admiral Lee in the distance getting out of the water and walking towards some locals. In that moment he remembered that he was supposed to shoot the red flair once they have landed. His detached head went even higher and suddenly got covered in cold sweat.
In an instant, Reo reached the inside of his pocket, took out the flair gun and shot it upwards in the air. Not looking where he was aiming, he accidentally hit his floating head which redirected the smoke signal flying towards Rear Admiral Lee
Vulpes' hand paused mid stroke as he observed the.... Incident that just happened.

Clearly I need to address Reo's apparent lack of confidence before commenting on his observations of his surroundings. It seems his lack of experience is causing him to feel inferior to myself and Lee. This could become a problem in the future if left unchecked.

Vulpes stared at Reo's floating head with a disapproving look. After a few moments he finally addressed the panda mink with a stern tone to his voice.

"Pull yourself together man. If I were a Revolutionary spy, I could have torn your heart from your chest in the amount of time you have spent disassembled like that. Your haki should have easily allowed you to sense who I was."

Sighing deeply, Vulpes pinched the bridge of his nose with his left hand. His voice took a softer tone as he spoke once more.

"Look, I know I am older and more experienced than you but we are still equals. The fact that you are so young yet already you rival me in terms of rank and power proves that you are an incredibly talented individual that possesses great potential. Chances are that you will surpass me sooner or later."

Vulpes lowered the hand pinching his nose and looked Reo in the eye as he addressed him.

"Rear Admiral Lee is this unit's present leadership. He will be setting the foundations of our unit for generations to come and I will be assisting him in this endeavour with my battle experience and knowledge of the Grand Line. You however, are a prime candidate for the future leadership of this unit. You are this unit's investment for the future, I am certain that is why Navy HQ assigned you with us. To learn from us in order to become a reliable leader and strategist."

Smiling at the young mink after saying words of encouragement, Vulpes continued speaking.

"That is why I am going to be keeping a close eye on you Commodore Reo. I hope to continue our conversation about this landscape later because right now I am certain the Rear Admiral will have a few words to say to you."

Vulpes stepped away from Reo. He addressed romin with a grin while comically ignoring Shaarib.

"First lesson of leadership. Always be prepared to admit and learn from your mistakes. This should be good."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cocoyasi Village, Western Entrance
Captain Nezumi arrived at the town's Western Entrance. As he walked through the streets, people muttered amongst themselves and avoided eye contact. Geez, even being a marine I can't avoid being treated like a creep... I can't help the way I look, you know.

Or maybe it's the fact I'm on that dumb fish's payroll that has their panties in a bunch. Or maybe I really am a creep and I'm in denial. No, I know what it is... they're counting on me, the brave marine, to tell his fellow marines that everything here is fine!

As Nezumi walked a slow, formal walk down the street, he began to sweat. I really hope this goes well...

Cocoyasi Village, In front of the police station
Genzo listened to the fishman marine. This marine is a fishman... he says he's here to remove Arlong... but why? And did he say something about turning the buildings upright? That's a different village...

Genzo had several things he wanted to say to Lee, but suddenly a red flare was headed in their direction. He was shocked silent as he pointed to it. He awaited Lee's reaction to the flare, uncertain as to what would happen next.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
NOTE: I am changing my RP formatting:
Narrative
Thoughts
“Dialogue”

Lee stands feet away from the two locals. Just as it seemed that they were about to answer his question, the sound of a Humandrill’s shout broke out through the port:

Endency said:
"Rear Admiral!" Gruun called out to get his attention.
Lee raises an eyebrow as he hears this. The man to whom Lee had asked his question had begun to point towards something behind Lee as the Fishman has begun to hear something hissing behind him, quickly getting louder.

What the-what is that noise?

Just as Lee spins around to meet the source of the noise, a bright Red light strikes him directly between the eyes. Lee closes his eyes and clenches his brow in surprise, as the Red Flare bounces off of his head and flies off into an alleyway between two of the buildings, hissing for few more moments before ultimately fizzling out.

The previously bustling port seemed to almost freeze as the young Marines were all struck with looks of surprise and fear as their eyes stretched out of their skulls and their jaws practically hit the ground in shock. None of them were brave enough to make a single noise.

Lee stands in place facing every Marine of the 169th with his eyes still shut. His fists clench and he bears his jagged Killer Whale teeth as he almost begins to visibly shake, letting out a vaguely audible growl as he does this.

REO YOU INCOMPETENT...USELESS....

At the sight of Lee’s silent range, some younger marines begin tip toeing towards large barrels and buildings that they could hide behind, while others merely slowly back away towards the ship.

Slowly, Lee’s rage seems to fade as he lets out a large exhale. His fists slowly loosen as his clenched brow relaxes.

I can’t cause a scene in front of the locals. We are here to help them, not create a panic.

As his exhale finishes, Lee opens his eyes and speaks to Reo. He speaks with an air of formality that implies that he was choosing his words very, very carefully.

“Thank you, Commodore. After careful examination of our situation, I have determined that your signal declaring the safety of the men of G-169 is, in fact, accurate. We won’t be requiring any further flares for the duration of our mission. Please kindly refrain from firing any more flare guns unless otherwise directed.”

Almost every young Marine who witnessed this all let out humongous sighs of relief, and many seem to wipe sweat from their foreheads. They slowly return to their duties.

As Lee finishes his sentence, he gives Reo a brief angry glare before turning back to face the locals with a relaxed look on his face. Gesturing towards the man who seemed as though he was about to speak before the interruption, Lee speaks as calmly as he can.

“Please, continue.”

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Gruun stared at his superior hand out stretch and wide eyed as the flare struck Lee straight in the face. He let out a short breath of air as he stood on pins and needles ready for the marine to explode in anger. Gruun stood like that for what felt like an eternity. But Lee had other plans. Gruun continued to stare, but now in disbelief as the Rear Admiral continued his conversation almost as if nothing had happend. Gruun took a quick glance around to see if it seemed as if the other marines were seeing the same thing he was. As they began to imerge from their hiding places and getting back to work Gruun started to relax as well. He lowered his hand back to the ground, but stared at Lee uneasily. He took in a deep breath as he realized he had been holding his breath during the whole altercation. Gruun then closed his eyes finally letting himself fully relax.

"Oook." Gruun grunted shaking his head slightly. He walked with the support of his knuckles over to Lee's side so that he could get a better idea of the situation. As Gruun walked closer he stared at Lee and lifted his knuckles off the ground to stand up straight. He got within five feet of Lee and stood just behind and too the left side of him. Close enough to clearly hear the conversation, but far enough that the Rear Admiral would have plenty of space. Without realizing it Gruun had adopted the same standing posture as Lee. It might seem humorous to an onlooker seeing such a large ape like creature stand erect like a human, but Gruun did not mean an offense by it, nor was he trying to be funny. Gruun's humandrill mimicry always seemed to have a habit of picking up people's mannerisms that he was watching without him intending for it to happen.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Major Lee Hung said:
“Thank you, Commodore. After careful examination of our situation, I have determined that your signal declaring the safety of the men of G-169 is, in fact, accurate. We won’t be requiring any further flares for the duration of our mission. Please kindly refrain from firing any more flare guns unless otherwise directed.”

Almost every young Marine who witnessed this all let out humongous sighs of relief, and many seem to wipe sweat from their foreheads. They slowly return to their duties.

As Lee finishes his sentence, he gives Reo a brief angry glare before turning back to face the locals with a relaxed look on his face. Gesturing towards the man who seemed as though he was about to speak before the interruption, Lee speaks as calmly as he can.

“Please, continue.”
Externally, Vulpes looked somewhat bored, his rusty red furred face not betraying any kind of external emotion to his subordinates and comrades. Internally however.....

Rokahahahahahahahahaha. Lee's priceless reaction just made my day. Be careful Reo, the boss might turn you into a rug by the end of today if you keep this up. Gotta hand it to you kid, you sure do liven this unit up. Not that I would let you know tha- Wait who is that?

Endency said:

Gruun stared at his superior hand out stretch and wide eyed as the flare struck Lee straight in the face. He let out a short breath of air as he stood on pins and needles ready for the marine to explode in anger. Gruun stood like that for what felt like an eternity. But Lee had other plans. Gruun continued to stare, but now in disbelief as the Rear Admiral continued his conversation almost as if nothing had happend. Gruun took a quick glance around to see if it seemed as if the other marines were seeing the same thing he was. As they began to imerge from their hiding places and getting back to work Gruun started to relax as well. He lowered his hand back to the ground, but stared at Lee uneasily. He took in a deep breath as he realized he had been holding his breath during the whole altercation. Gruun then closed his eyes finally letting himself fully relax.
Endency said:
"Oook." Gruun grunted shaking his head slightly. He walked with the support of his knuckles over to Lee's side so that he could get a better idea of the situation. As Gruun walked closer he stared at Lee and lifted his knuckles off the ground to stand up straight. He got within five feet of Lee and stood just behind and too the left side of him. Close enough to clearly hear the conversation, but far enough that the Rear Admiral would have plenty of space. Without realizing it Gruun had adopted the same standing posture as Lee. It might seem humorous to an onlooker seeing such a large ape like creature stand erect like a human, but Gruun did not mean an offense by it, nor was he trying to be funny. Gruun's humandrill mimicry always seemed to have a habit of picking up people's mannerisms that he was watching without him intending for it to happen.
We have a Humandrill now? I honestly cannot tell if Headquarters wanted the 169th branch to be a diversity recruitment advertisement or simply a dumping for all the inhuman freaks within the organisation, myself included.

Vulpes stayed where he was, continuing to observe his surroundings with piercing blue eyes.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cocoyasi Village, In front of the police station
Genzo heard Lee ask him to continue. Yes, I suppose that is what I should do... wait, is he really just going to blow off being hit in the face with a flare? What kind of monster is he? Now I wonder what his rank in the marines is. But perhaps it would be wisest to leave such questions for later. I have things to say to this fishman.

"The Arlong Pirates have been here for ten years. If you're going to do something about them you'll need to be sure that you can. They turned the next village over on its head, and could do that to this village at any moment."

Genzo's expression became even more serious and desperate as he thought of the questions he had for Lee.

"Anyway, that's what you need to know. I have questions for you, Lee. First, what is your rank in the marines? Second, do you feel responsible in any way for our suffering? Third, what do you hope to achieve by removing the Arlong Pirates from these islands?"

Cocoyasi Village, The Intersection Between Main Street and West Street
All of this happens around the corner, so none of it could be observed by the marines at the port, though if someone's hearing is great enough, perhaps they may have heard noise in that direction.

Nezumi had fallen asleep while standing up. As he snored, he would mutter phrases without context, such as "true hero" and "justice is served". A small group of marines had gathered around him, wondering what should be done about it.

"Does he usually do this?" asked one marine.

"How did this even happen?" asked another.

"He must have been doing something pretty tiring to fall asleep standing up..." said another.

"Eye-witness accounts say that he was just walking through the street and thinking to himself," said a fourth marine.

"He got tired just from that?" asked a fifth.

Nezumi's body jerked around, and all of the marines fell back in surprise. "Dammit, I knew I should have had my morning coffee," he said.

"This was because you didn't have coffee?" all the marines yelled.

"Hey now, who's the commanding officer here?" asked Nezumi.

"You are, Captain Nezumi sir," the marines chanted.

"Then how about showing me some respect, even if I don't deserve it. Wait, forget that last part - I deserve it regardless."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narrative
Thoughts
"Dialogue"
"Marine Dialogue"

Endency said:
Gruun grunted shaking his head slightly. He walked with the support of his knuckles over to Lee's side so that he could get a better idea of the situation. As Gruun walked closer he stared at Lee and lifted his knuckles off the ground to stand up straight. He got within five feet of Lee and stood just behind and too the left side of him. Close enough to clearly hear the conversation, but far enough that the Rear Admiral would have plenty of space. Without realizing it Gruun had adopted the same standing posture as Lee.
Lee glances towards his back to see that Grunn was standing with the exact same posture as him. As he does this, he recalls one of the days out at Sea when the Danko sailed towards Shell's Town.

The force of the East Blue's winds pushed the Danko through the Ocean. It was a beautiful Sunny day as Sea Gulls flew alongside the sailing Marine ship. The demeanor of the Marines on board was relatively relaxed, as it would be at least another day or so before the Danko made port at Shells Town and met up with the rest of G-169. Lee stands on the bow of the ship looking out to Sea as he overhears a conversation that some young Marines near him are having:

Marine 1: "So it's true, huh? This branch is getting a Humandrill? What is HQ thinking letting a Monkey join the Marines??"

Marine 2: "Oi oi, those Humandrills are pretty useful. I remember hearing stories of another Marine Humandrill a while back..They said he was an amazing fighter who even knew Rokushiki!"

A slight smile crossed Lee's face as he heard this.

Yes, indeed...Will was one of the finest Marines I knew. I wonder where he is now?

Marine 1: "Nah, don't be ridiculous. The thing is an animal. It doesn't even know what it's doing as a Marine. It can't comprehend things like Justice, Peace, Freedom, anything like that..It's just copying other Marines that it sees in action."

Lee's face turns slightly angry as he turns his head towards the Marine who had just said that.

Lee: "Stow that talk, Soldier."

The Marine panicked as he snapped to attention, a bead of sweat running down his face. Lee turns back out to Sea as he speaks.

"Humandrills aren't mindless animals. They learn from the World around them. They grow from the things that they see and observe. If we show him what it means to be a good Marine, if we show him what it means to uphold Justice, that Humandrill will grow to be one of our best. Nonsense like what you are spouting won't get us anywhere as a Unit."

Lee turns to face the young Marine once more.

"Besides...who are we to silence someone else's Justice?"

Gruun is watching me..That means I'll need to be even more careful with how I respond to this situation.

Lee turns back to the scarred man as he speaks.

Mirror D. Roogy said:
"The Arlong Pirates have been here for ten years. If you're going to do something about them you'll need to be sure that you can. They turned the next village over on its head, and could do that to this village at any moment.”

Genzo's expression became even more serious and desperate as he thought of the questions he had for Lee.
Lee listens to the scarred man’s words as he makes it a point breath slowly and calmly. His Fishman blood boiled beneath his skin at his anger with the Arlong Pirates topped off by Reo’s flare incident.

If I go into this hotheaded, it could compromise my judgment. I need to be as calm as possible when I go to Arlong Park. For the first time since I’ve been put in charge of the 169th, it’s not just my own men who’s safety is at risk...these people are civilians, innocents like I was once..the worst thing I can do in a situation like this is allow a lapse in judgment to get others hurt.. I would hold myself personally responsible if this happened under my watch.

"Anyway, that's what you need to know. I have questions for you, Lee. First, what is your rank in the marines? Second, do you feel responsible in any way for our suffering? Third, what do you hope to achieve by removing the Arlong Pirates from these islands?"
Caught a bit off guard by the scarred man’s questions, Lee rubs his chin with his left hand as he raises his left brow and glances back to the bustling port full of Marines behind him.

I should’ve known..he’s no fool. He's lived under the tyranny of these Pirates for years now. I can only tell him what I wish someone would've told me, when I was young..

Lee turns back and faces Genzo, speaking:

"Forgive my thoughtlessness. I am Rear Admiral Lee, leader of the 169th Division, under the direct command of Navy Headquarters Vice Admiral Tsuru. Headquarters has lost contact with 5 Marine Branches that have attempted to deal with Arlong, and for this reason, has sent my men and I to remove him from power. You can rest assured that my men and I will do this. As for your other questions,"

Lee looks down as he speaks.

"Do I feel responsible for your suffering?"

Lee's fist balls up as a look of anger crosses his face.

"I don't just feel responsible for your suffering alone..I feel responsible for all suffering brought about in the name of Pirates."

Lee stops speaking before he goes too far.

This is the promise I have made to myself...I will end this Age of Piracy myself, and I won't sleep for a single moment until I do. Today, Arlong. Tomorrow...

Lee's fist relaxes as his expression returns to its normal, serious demeanor. He exhales once again to calm himself, his blood still pulsing with fury in his veins. He looks up at the scarred man and crosses his arms as he speaks.

"I know what it's like to live under fear of Pirates. And because of this, I know you aren't someone to put his hope in words alone. So all I can ask of you for now is this: Clear the streets. Keep your people safe and your families close. Bar up your windows if you have to. But rest assured, you will all sleep soundly tonight. The Reign of Pirates over East Blue will end with Arlong. This is what we seek to accomplish in removing Arlong. Justice will be served today."

Lee turns away from the scarred man to head back towards the port. He stops in place before he starts walking and glances back at Genzo:

"Thank you for the information you gave. It will go a long way."

Lee faces his Marines and shouts.

"Everyone get ready! All G-169 Officers will make our way towards Arlong Park soon!"

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narration
“Talking”
‘Thinking’
Style/Technique Names
Emphasis

The Vigilante watches the exchange between the two Minks and was starting to get bored of it when suddenly Reo shoots the flare at Lee. The Masked Marine manages to hold back his laughter out of respect for his superior but he'd be lying if he said the sight of the Orca Fishman being hit in the face didn't amuse him, his smirk and wagging tail making this quite clear.

Frayzah: ‘Heh-heh, this panda is more insane than me. I love it.’

But the self proclaimed 'All-New, All-Different Hero of the Marines' knows that business must carry on so he turns to the Marines under his command, one of them was still laughing at Lee. The Vigilante, even though he also thought it was funny, knew this kind of disrespect couldn't be tolerated from such a low ranking subordinate.

Frayzah: “You there, you're the lucky volunteer to give the Rear Admiral and his new friend their Den Den Mushi. Oh and while you're there, I'm ordering an apology for your disrespect to our branch leader.”

The Marine recruit is immediately shaken with fear as Frayzah hands him the 2 Den Den Mushi.

Frayzah: ‘I think he's learnt his lesson for now.’
“Relax Ensign, I was kidding but I won't be if it happens again. Just make sure they get those.”

The young Marine runs off to hand Lee and Gruun the Den Den Mushi from Captain Frayzah.

The Vigilante then turns to another one of his Marines, handing 2 more Den Den to him.

Frayzah: “Make sure Shaarib and Reo get these.”

Again, a Marine Ensign leaves to hand out Den Den Mushi on behalf of The Uncanny Scientist.

The Hooded Swordsman then gathers the rest of his men and walks up to Vulpes and Romin to give them their Den Dens.

Frayzah: ‘I'll do this one personally. I don't think I've actually met these two yet and I've heard some interesting things about Vulpes.’

“So you two must be Romin and Vulpes. I'm Frayzah, just thought I'd properly introduce myself and give you your Den Den Mushi.”

He reaches into the bag he held and pulls out another couple of Den Dens and offers them to his fellow officers.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cocoyasi Village, In front of the Police Station
Genzo heard Lee's words and understood the kind of man he was. He's a marine through and through, he thought. I once knew a woman like that... she was killed standing up to those fishman thugs. Though it appears he's of a much higher station than she was. Perhaps this means we will finally be free from this tyranny. Our ten-year nightmare will finally end! Though, perhaps I should not get my hopes up.

As Genzo continued to think on things, Nojiko spotted Captain Nezumi walking down Main Street towards the group of marines.

In the middle of the street, clearly visible to the newly arrived marines, Captain Nezumi walked with his hands behind his back across Main Street. He stopped dead in his tracks when his eyes absorbed the sight that was in front of him.

F- F- F- F- Fish? he thought, as he saw the fishman marine. But that's not even the half of it! There's all manner of strange creatures! Is this the Marine's Zoo Branch? The 200th? No, remember your sensitivity training... don't call them freaks out loud. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Yeah... these freaks are marines. Apparently. Oh shit, and they all look like they're super strong! There's no way I can side with Arlong if these are the marines I'm dealing with! I'm not going to jail over taking some fish-stick's money!

Calm down Nezumi, and think. This is your opportunity! Your redemption arc starts here! It is time to show the big leagues what you're made of! Yes... it's time to get on their good side. It is, without a doubt, the obvious move here.

"Hello, fellow marines, I am Captain Nezumi. For years I have been far outclassed by the pirates that control this area, and so have been unable to do anything. Even reporting their presence would have seen my branch's defeat. As such, I have cautiously awaited the arrival of someone more suited for the task. If you'll allow me to escort you to Arlong Park, I would advise that we make haste, as staying in this town could make it a target, and put these civilians in harm's way."

Nojiko gave a Nezumi a dirty look. That guy may be a total rat, but he's not as stupid as he looks. "Yeah, if you want to get rid of the pirates, I'd suggest you go to them before they can come to you," she said.

The tangerine farmer is a smart woman, so if she is agreeing with me, I must have got something right. Yes Nezumi, you're really proving your worth now! Just don't blow it and you'll be golden. "Shall we go now?" he asked.

Arlong Park, Inside Gates
"Hey, Arlong," said Hatchan. "We've been sitting here for quite a while. Should we go see what all the fuss is about?"

"Shahahaha! I guess we have been waiting here long enough! Alright, men! It's time to move out."

Arlong began to think to himself as his men cheered. If only we'd found someone who could map out this island. We'd have some semblance of an advantage. Up until now, our superior strength and underwater ability have helped us greatly... but I wonder when that will no longer be enough. Will my pride in my race cost me my life? It cost Fisher Tiger his... no, I can't think about that now. Marines have come to this island, and I have no idea what their intent is. Obviously, if they have come to capture me, I doubt they will succeed.

The Arlong Pirates left their base and began to walk across the winding path.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vulpes observed the various events around with interest, his black tipped ears twitching at the lengthy conversations happening around him. As far as Vulpes was personally concerned, words equalled knowledge, knowledge equalled power and power equalled survival. This was a train of thought that was agreeable to both his logical mind and his animalistic instincts.
Mirror D. Roogy said:
"The Arlong Pirates have been here for ten years. If you're going to do something about them you'll need to be sure that you can. They turned the next village over on its head, and could do that to this village at any moment."
Vulpes took interest in this snippet of valuable information provided by the heavily scarred, middle aged man in police uniform.

Ten years Arlong's crew has been here? I highly suspect that Arlong did not target this island randomly but instead, he specifically chose this archipelago for its sustainable economy and resources. This proves that Arlong is a long term strategist that is more interested in wielding power over others rather than getting rich quick through raiding.
Mirror D. Roogy said:
An interesting set of questions. Now I wonder how the boss will respond?
Major Lee Hung said:
"Forgive my thoughtlessness. I am Rear Admiral Lee, leader of the 169th Division, under the direct command of Navy Headquarters Vice Admiral Tsuru. Headquarters has lost contact with 5 Marine Branches that have attempted to deal with Arlong, and for this reason, has sent my men and I to remove him from power. You can rest assured that my men and I will do this. As for your other questions,"

Lee looks down as he speaks.

"Do I feel responsible for your suffering?"

Lee's fist balls up as a look of anger crosses his face.

"I don't just feel responsible for your suffering alone..I feel responsible for all suffering brought about in the name of Pirates."

Lee stops speaking before he goes too far.

Lee's fist relaxes as his expression returns to its normal, serious demeanor. He exhales once again to calm himself, his blood still pulsing with fury in his veins. He looks up at the scarred man and crosses his arms as he speaks.

"I know what it's like to live under fear of Pirates. And because of this, I know you aren't someone to put his hope in words alone. So all I can ask of you for now is this: Clear the streets. Keep your people safe and your families close. Bar up your windows if you have to. But rest assured, you will all sleep soundly tonight. The Reign of Pirates over East Blue will end with Arlong. This is what we seek to accomplish in removing Arlong. Justice will be served today."

Lee turns away from the scarred man to head back towards the port. He stops in place before he starts walking and glances back at Genzo:

"Thank you for the information you gave. It will go a long way."

Lee faces his Marines and shouts.

"Everyone get ready! All G-169 Officers will make our way towards Arlong Park soon!"
Vulpes raised his right hand to his muzzle, jet black fingertips lightly stroking his white chin thoughtfully.

So is this why you hold the concept of justice so dear to yourself boss? Because you grew up on an island without it? Hmmm, I am no psychiatrist but I should take note of this. Understanding who someone was can go a long way in understanding who they are. On a side note, remember to talk to the chefs and prescribe a diet to the boss that lowers blood pressure.
Frayzah said:
The Hooded Swordsman then gathers the rest of his men and walks up to Vulpes and Romin to give them their Den Dens.

“So you two must be Romin and Vulpes. I'm Frayzah, just thought I'd properly introduce myself and give you your Den Den Mushi.”

He reaches into the bag he held and pulls out another couple of Den Dens and offers them to his fellow officers.
Eyeing the newcomer with a casual air of indifference, Vulpes reaches out and accepts the offered Den Den Mushi.

"Yes, I am Commodore Vulpes."
Mirror D. Roogy said:
In the middle of the street, clearly visible to the newly arrived marines, Captain Nezumi walked with his hands behind his back across Main Street. He stopped dead in his tracks when his eyes absorbed the sight that was in front of him.
Vulpes became uneasy at the sight of this suspicious newcomer, his hackles raised and a snarl threatening to escape his lips.

A Marine? Here? This makes no sense whatsoever. He seems weak but any unknown factor should always be handled with caution.

Mirror D. Roogy said:
"Hello, fellow marines, I am Captain Nezumi. For years I have been far outclassed by the pirates that control this area, and so have been unable to do anything. Even reporting their presence would have seen my branch's defeat. As such, I have cautiously awaited the arrival of someone more suited for the task. If you'll allow me to escort you to Arlong Park, I would advise that we make haste, as staying in this town could make it a target, and put these civilians in harm's way."

Nojiko gave a Nezumi a dirty look.
"Yeah, if you want to get rid of the pirates, I'd suggest you go to them before they can come to you," she said.

"Shall we go now?" he asked.
Vulpes quickly dismissed frayzah in order to deal with the... Unexpected visitor.

"Save your introductions for later, I have a rat to grill."

The fox mink slowly approached Nezumi at a slow pace with his hands behind his back, his Marine jacket and green kilt swaying in the breeze as he came to stand directly in front of the self proclaimed Marine Captain. After a few moments of silence, Vulpes addressed Nezumi with narrowed eyes.

"Captain Nezumi, I find it peculiar that Arlong, a pirate that supposedly despises humans and who has slaughtered countless Marines, would randomly leave your branch unharmed simply because you kept quiet. Given what I have heard about the state of a nearby village from these locals, I would say Arlong had more than enough reason to destroy your entire branch on sight yet you claim to have been here for years?"

Vulpes slowly starts walking circles around Nezumi in a fashion reminiscent of a predator circling it's prey.

"Arlong is not stupid. This little empire of his is proof of his half decent capabilities as a long term strategist. Arlong has no problem wiping out entire Marine branches yet here you stand unharmed. As far as I can logically theorize, Arlong would only tolerate your continued existence if it benefited him somehow, i.e. Your presence assisted him in some way."

Vulpes stops once more in front of his inferior, glaring at Nezumi with venom in his eyes and a sneer on his lips.

"Am I wrong Nezumi? Am I wrong in assuming that at best you are a gutless liability that does nothing but cower when faced with a threat that you signed up to eliminate but are afraid of being defeated by anyway? Am I wrong in assuming that at worst you are a spineless traitor that abandons the civilians that you swore to protect in order to bed with pirates?"

By this point in his speech, Vulpes is baring his teeth at the human in front of him. He learns down to Nezumi's eye level, invading his personal space in the process and activates a small current of electro through his own fur, the element rippling through his thick coat in order to further exaggerate his intimidating appearance.

"At best you are utterly unreliable or at worst you are completely untrustworthy. Either way Nezumi, you are an obstacle and obstacles need to be... Removed."

The threat hung in the air as Vulpes' aggressive side was on full display for all to see.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As Lee finished shouting his order, he was confronted by a nervous looking young Marine about half of his height who approached him cautiously, holding out his hand holding what appeared to be a small snail. As the Marine got close enough to Lee to hand off the snail, he speaks with a slight tinge of nervousness, but with an air of confidence undoubtedly brought about by his time spent in Marine basic training.

Marine: "Rear Admiral Lee, Sir! I am here to deliver your Den Den Mushi to you made by Captain Frayzah!"

Lee reaches out and accepts the Den Den Mushi: "Thank you. Tell Captain Frayzah well done, and that I would like to speak with him after we've apprehended Arlong. Dismissed." The Marine salutes and walks away as Lee turns to his right to tuck his Den Den Mushi away into his belt. As he does this, he freezes in his tracks at the sight approaching him.

Entering the Main Street of the Village was a man who Lee first judged as, without a doubt, the most pathetic looking Marine that Lee had ever laid eyes on. A man of about average height for a human, who looked like the last time he had experienced any sort of strenuous physical activity was during his basic training, who wore a cat hood and whiskers atop his Marine attire. The man walked with his hands behind his back as he approached the village. Lee looks upon him in a state of bewilderment.

And who do we have here? Another Marine? This doesn't make any sense...Arlong has been sinking Navy ships that approach, in fact I saw the remains of those ships on the Sea Floor for myself. The intel we received from HQ told us that no Marines have been able to approach this Island due to Arlong's extremely hostile response to any approaching Government ships...So why is there a Marine who wasn't a part of our infiltration approaching us? How did you land on this Island with no assistance? I can only assume Arlong didn't attack our ships because of the sheer number of them..We may have inadvertently forced him into a panic, but I'll worry about that in a moment...First off, who is this Marine?

As Lee tucks the Den Den Mushi into his belt, not taking his eyes off of the approaching Marine as he does so, the man begins to speak:

Mirror D. Roogy said:
The look on Lee's face was of absolute stupification. Lee turns to face Captain Nezumi, who stood around 15 yards away from him, when the purple haired Girl that stood with the scarred man from earlier spoke:

Mirror D. Roogy said:
Nojiko gave a Nezumi a dirty look. "Yeah, if you want to get rid of the pirates, I'd suggest you go to them before they can come to you," she said.
Lee's left eyebrow raises as he crosses his arms, looking back and forth between the purple haired girl and Nezumi.

So you know this man, do you? His presence here didn't seem to surprise you, like ours did. In fact if I didn't know any better, I'd say the look you gave him points towards him being someone familiar to you. And even worse, the look you gave him wasn't exactly a good one..Nothing about this situation adds up at all. I wonder...

Before Lee trails off in his own thoughts, his attention his caught by Commodore Vulpes who had walked up to Captain Nezumi in the time that Lee considered his response to the situation.

Tartan Owl said:
"Captain Nezumi, I find it peculiar that Arlong, a pirate that supposedly despises humans and who has slaughtered countless Marines, would randomly leave your branch unharmed simply because you kept quiet. Given what I have heard about the state of a nearby village from these locals, I would say Arlong had more than enough reason to destroy your entire branch on sight yet you claim to have been here for years?"

Vulpes slowly starts walking circles around Nezumi in a fashion reminiscent of a predator circling it's prey.

"Arlong is not stupid. This little empire of his is proof of his half decent capabilities as a long term strategist. Arlong has no problem wiping out entire Marine branches yet here you stand unharmed. As far as I can logically theorize, Arlong would only tolerate your continued existence if it benefited him somehow, i.e. Your presence assisted him in some way."

Vulpes stops once more in front of his inferior, glaring at Nezumi with venom in his eyes and a sneer on his lips.

"Am I wrong Nezumi? Am I wrong in assuming that at best you are a gutless liability that does nothing but cower when faced with a threat that you signed up to eliminate but are afraid of being defeated by anyway? Am I wrong in assuming that at worst you are a spineless traitor that abandons the civilians that you swore to protect in order to bed with pirates?"
Lee watches Vulpes circle Nezumi with a look of complete attentiveness. His evaluation of Nezumi was so intimidating that Lee was actually feeling Vulpes out with his Observation Haki, half convinced that he might have to stop Vulpes from literally attacking Nezumi.

However, as Vulples continued his domineering display, Lee found himself uncharacteristically loosening up a bit, a casual smile curling across his face as he rubbed his chin with his left hand. Lee felt the urge to bust out laughing in satisfaction come over him, but resisted it. Vulpes' actions were hitting all of Lee's sweet spots.

If I was a man like Nezumi, I'd be just about shitting myself right now. Vulpes' predatory display is exactly what we need in a situation like this. His analysis of the situation is also spot on. Perhaps I've pre-judged you a bit unfairly...Your file paints you as someone who struggles to control his animal instincts, but that's not the person I'm looking at right now. Right now, I see someone so adept in the art of asserting subtle control, that his actions come off as nothing short of highly calculated and impressively insightful. I am impressed, indeed. But he's right to assess Nezumi as someone potentially corrupt...and Vulpes' actions just might go about forcing a confession, at least, in theory..

Tartan Owl said:
By this point in his speech, Vulpes is baring his teeth at the human in front of him. He learns down to Nezumi's eye level, invading his personal space in the process and activates a small current of electro through his own fur, the element rippling through his thick coat in order to further exaggerate his intimidating appearance.

"At best you are utterly unreliable or at worst you are completely untrustworthy. Either way Nezumi, you are an obstacle and obstacles need to be... Removed."

The threat hung in the air as Vulpes' aggressive side was on full display for all to see.
As Vulpes leans forward bearing fangs and running electro through his fir, Lee audibly snorts in satisfaction, but stops himself before he outright busts out laughing. He brings his left hand to his forehead while looking downwards, attempting to stop anyone who may have heard his snort from catching the smile on his face.

What a riot...Well done indeed, Vulpes. But we don't need him to pass out of fear, he's got information that might help us, after all.

Lee looks back up at Vulpes and Nezumi. His expression was notably less serious and intense as it usually was, and was more casual and lax, with what almost resembled a determined smile on his face. He begins walking towards them as he speaks with an air of uncharacteristic amusement. First, he addresses Vulpes.

"Now now, Vulpes. While I certainly don't disagree with your assessment, there's no need for us to assume the worst of Captain Nezumi just yet. There's a reason Navy HQ sent us to deal with Arlong directly. It's unlikely any branch outside of the Grand Line would've had any legitimate chance of defeating Arlong."

As Lee reaches them, he stands right next to Vulpes and folds his arms, looking down at Nezumi.

"Captain, I am Rear Admiral Lee, the leader of G-169 and the Marines here. Consider me your Commanding Officer for the duration of your time on this Island. Before we head over to Arlong Park and you assist us in capturing Arlong and his men-and make no mistake, you will be assisting us during our mission-let me make sure I understand your current predicament correctly."

With his left hand, Lee raises one finger.

"First off, you've been here for years now, knowing full well of the atrocities committed by Arlong and his men to the people of this Island as well as other Islands in the East Blue, and instead of attempting to do your duty as a Marine and a protector of Justice, you chose to do nothing."

Lee raises a second finger.

"Secondly, on top of the fact that you chose to simply allow Arlong to run his business unopposed on this Island, you also determined that it was unnecessary to even report the situation to Navy HQ in any way, shape, or form, despite having more reliable intel than any other Marine on the planet."

Lee crosses his arms once again. His casual, lax look was now gone and was replaced by his usual intense demeanor.

"Make no mistake, (glancing at Nojiko) we have no intention for remaining in this area for much longer, as giving Arlong the opportunity to reach us here would indeed be unwise, (glancing back at Nezumi) but before we head over to Arlong Park, and you join us in what could very realistically escalate into a battle scenario, is there anything else that you'd like for me to include in my report to Navy Headquarters?"

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vulpes takes the Den Den Mushi from The Vigilante and introduces himself to him.

Vulpes: “Yes, I am Commodore Vulpes.”

But before the masked man could continue with the conversation, it became obvious to him that the Fox Mink's attention was now elsewhere. Suddenly from behind him a Marine dressed like a rat shows up and introduces himself as Captain Nezumi, spewing garbage that Jimmy could only take as lies.

Nezumi: “Hello, fellow marines, I am Captain Nezumi. For years I have been far outclassed by the pirates that control this area, and so have been unable to do anything. Even reporting their presence would have seen my branch's defeat. As such, I have cautiously awaited the arrival of someone more suited for the task. If you'll allow me to escort you to Arlong Park, I would advise that we make haste, as staying in this town could make it a target, and put these civilians in harm's way.”

Frayzah: ‘The only believable things he just said was that he is outclassed and staying here could put the locals in danger. Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been working for Arlong this whole time and now he just wants to save his own ass. But I shouldn't accuse a fellow Marine of a crime without any proof.’

Then the Marine Commodore Vulpes talks to Frayzah again but only to let him that that the conversation was over for now.

Vulpes: “Save your introductions for later, I have a rat to grill.”

Frayzah: ‘A rat to grill? Interesting, seems he has the same suspicions as I do. This should be fun to watch but before I forget.’

“Bet you can't catch!”

He says as he turns to Romin and throws the Den Den Mushi in his direction before turning back to see what the suspicious Marine has to say for himself. But before Nezumi can say anything, he gets an earful from both Vulpes and Lee in manner that could only terrify him.

Frayzah: ‘Heh-heh he's probably pissing himself right now, that's what I call Justice. Now let's see what Captain Ratboy has to say.’

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Frayzah said:
The young Marine runs off to hand Lee and Gruun the Den Den Mushi from Captain Frayzah.
Gruun's attention breaks from the Rear Admiral as he is offered the tiny snail phone. He tilts his head unsure of what he is exactly looking at, but sees Lee take the tiny snail from Frayzah. Still unsure of what was going on Gruun reaches forward to accept the snail and give a deep bow to show his thanks. Lifting back up and raising his hand to his face, Gruun tries to get a closer look at the tiny snail. His eye narrow staring at the snail, as it stairs back blankly. Gruun breaks the staring contest by looking around at what everyone else was doing. No one was eating them, so they probably were not food... Gruun decided to place the snail on his shoulder, where it nestled in comfortably.

Gruun then turned his attention back to Nezumi, the "captain" of the branch located here. Gruun could feel something in his gut that told him to smash this man right here and now. But that was not the marine thing to do. Luckily for Nezumi, and maybe Gruun. Vulpes decided to jump in first. Gruun could not help by smile a toothy grin as Vulpes began to circle his prey. The animosity in the air was almost palpable, Gruuns heckles were starting to raise. He would not act unless told otherwise, but Gruun was ready to pounce as well.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nezumi heard the reactions from the humanoid fox and whale fishman. Having no idea how to react, his mind began to panic. Shit, they think I'm a coward and a traitor. Even though I am, I can't let them know that! What do people even do in this kind of situation? Commit suicide? Holy shit, is that my only option here? I don't know if I can do that... I don't know if I can...

His train of thought stopped as he became light-headed. His heart rate was soaring to dangerous levels. He was having trouble breathing, and even seeing. He clutched his heart as it continued to beat faster. Holy shit, a heart attack? Why now, when no-one trusts me? This might actually kill me. Crap, I'm dying. This isn't how I wanted it to end.

Nezumi fell to the ground clutching his chest and spasming for a few seconds until freezing in place, and then going limp.

Outside of Arlong Park, The Winding Path to Cocoyasi Village
Arlong and his crew were slowly walking towards the village.

"Say Arlong, why are we walking so slowly?" asked Hatchan.

"Because I don't care enough to rush things. If that gives the marines enough time to come to us, then I don't care. It doesn't matter to me where we fight, because I will take them down," said Arlong.

"I hear that," said Chew.

Top Bottom