Island CP2 Base

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Betrayed and beaten, Sephiroth was unconscious. Director Gendo's were the only words echoing in his mind as timed wasted away in a cell. Before long, a ray of moonlight shining through the solitary window of the cell awoke Sephiroth. When he opened his eyes, he put his hands against the floor and pushed himself up, before falling back into a sitting position. His wounds, sustained in the fight, still stung sorely, though they no longer bled. Sephiroth's wings were still there - a reassuring fact, for they were his pride.

Sephiroth stood up, looking over toward the window and toward the moonlight. Then, he looked around the cell. There was not much in the cell, as to be expected. However, as his eyes scanned his surroundings, Sephiroth saw a woman. Dressed in black leather clothing, with two massive black wings on her back, Sephiroth knew she, too, was one of his own. And she was a fellow prisoner.

Not approaching her, for he did not want to startle her or force her into self defense, Sephiroth simply spoke.

Who are you?

He asked. Whether he was curious about the woman's identity, or simply had nothing better to do imprisoned in a cell, was anyone's guess.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2 Base - @kakashi19283

The young Lunarian warrior was still chained up and left for dirt. It took a few moments for the young man to come back to his senses. But eventually he'd start up an attempt at conversation. The female lunarian still startled, responded in kind to the young man.

"Ah. The name's Cyla. Didn't want to wake you up. Seems like they roughed you up pretty bad."

The other lunarian warrior also introduced her as Cyla and history repeated itself. Was this yet another ploy from the agents to trick Sephiroth into submission? His logical thinking would say no. They were done with him, as evidenced by this chamber he was in. But still the deceit and trickery remained in his bones and had created a sense of doubt that'd take time to heal, or perhaps it'd never fully heal.

"So what's your name? You seem a bit different from our brothers and sisters." Cyla said, almost repeating word for word what the imposter Cyla said to him the last time. However, this time her voice was a bit different. It had more warmth to it. No longer spoken with a cold or disinterest voice. This time it came from someone with a more caring nature. But would Sepiroth pick up on those very minor details?

For now no one else in this dungeon spoke or moved around. The chains were still strong and wouldn't budge that easily. Just how did it come to this, Sephiroth most likely wondered to himself.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth asked the woman her name. The answer was shocking.

Cyla.

Upon hearing the female Lunarian's name, Sephiroth turned around, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists. What a sick joke, he thought. These people really wanted to torture him. First, they attempt to hunt him down like a dog. Then they lead him to meet Cyla, who turns out to be a triple agent, a fake, an impostor, a traitor. Now, they put him in a cell with the real Cyla. With his back now facing Cyla, Sephiroth looked up at the window, the moonlight shining on him. He sighed, before turning back toward Cyla. Sephiroth sat down with his back against the wall. The two sat on opposite sides of the cell. Cyla asked him his name, and Sephiroth answered.

My name is Sephiroth. I ended up here because I got led on by a fake you.

Sephiroth said. Cyla would probably laugh him out of the room. How could he fall for that, right?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2 Base - @kakashi19283

Cyla would look towards Sephiroth with sheer shock. They impersonated her to lure another Lunarian closer? But to achieve what, she wondered? To Sephiroth's surprise the woman did not laugh, quite the opposite in fact. Should he turn to face her again, he'd notice that the young woman had lowered her head so much that it was almost touching the dank ground. She truly felt an enormous amount of shame and felt responsible to the man's current predicament.

"My sincerest apologies, Sephiroth-san. If only I hadn't been so careless a few weeks ago. That director Gendo is a viper, he'll stop at nothing to achieve this goal of his. He, too, managed to create a trap for me to fall into. And when I wasn't deemed worthy, he locked me up in here."

Cyla said and went on to explain how she got here. At this point she'd raise her head slightly now looking the man straight into the eye. And Sephiroth could feel it. A festering memory caused a trigger within Cyla, and she would not allow keeping things as they are right now. Keeping these two locked up here was the worst mistake these agents had ever done. But firstly, she needed Sephiroth on board.

"I know this must be too much to ask of you, Sephiroth-san. But if you had a second chance at things, to set things right. Would you take that chance? Or has history and fate finally managed to hold you, so firmly you've given up on life itself?"

"I do not know how, but I can tell Sephiroth-san. You're strong, but something is holding you back, a fear. A deep-rooted one."

Cyla went on to explain she could feel something from her new partner within this dungeon. It was a hint that she was gifted with a sensory ability, but an untrained one. It was raw and not yet sophisticated.

" I want our brothers and sisters to move on in peace. Will you help me with that?" She finally asked and nearly plead towards this stranger.

A turnaround for Sephiroth. Last time it was she, in the form of another, who had helped her. But now it was his turn to changes things for the better. But would the Lunarian be able to overcome this mental block of his? Why she went to such lengths or was willingly to trust this man before her without ever having seen or met him before was a mystery. Perhaps it was this strange sensory ability of her, or perhaps it was simply she saw this as a sign of fate to change things. Whatever it was, the actual reason was only for Cyla to know.

In the end, it all rested upon one thing and one thing only.

Would Sephiroth accept after everything that had happened to him?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When Cyla realized how her identity had been used to trick Sephiroth, she felt ashamed. She had no need to, for it wasn't her fault. She was a victim in all of this. Sephiroth, however, was not one to be buddy buddy with anyone, nor go out of his way to make them feel better or lift them up. Luckily, Cyla was strong.

She had a great conviction. She did not need kind words from Sephiroth. From the look in her eyes, she was able to pick herself up all on her own. What she needed was not kind words. What she needed was conviction from Sephiroth - conviction that would rival her own. Sephiroth had it. When confronted with the idea to take fate into their own hands and make things right, Sephiroth had no qualms about it. His logic was simple and raw.

Anything is better than sitting and dying in here. I've always challenged my cursed fate, and I will always do so.

Sephiroth said. It was true. The earlier betrayal of the fake Cyla did affect Sephiroth. But not as that snake of a director might have hoped. Sephiroth was not sad, or broken. He was angry. And anger would not push him into giving up. But rather, the opposite. He would claw and gnaw his way out of this cursed predicament. The director might have awakened a sleeping beast.

So, how do we get out of here? You've been sitting here long enough, I'm assuming you've found a way.

Sephiroth said, looking at Cyla with determination in his eyes. Cyla had found her match.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2 @kakashi19283

"Let me handle that." -
A voice suddenly called out to them.

The two Lunarians would most likely move towards the direction of the sound. There the two would stand eye to eye with a weird and excentric looking fellow. Neither of them would most likely recognize the man, but they'd spot a medallion dangling on his hip. A symbol carved on this medallion. This stranger wouldn't wait on either of them to reply, and also ignored them to a certain extent if they objected to his help.

With both his hands now on the bars of this jail door, the stranger would take a deep breath and concentrated. The air around his hands would shift and contort as the same weird phenomenon would happen to the bars. Cyla would simply see the man grabbing the bars and doing nothing. But Sephiroth weirdly saw something else, something he had never seen before in his life so far. This weird display of power was something other wordly. And then it happened. The weird contortion would halt as it had spread throughout almost the entirety of these bars, having been completely enslaved by this stranger's will.

The metal would screech as if conveying its opposition against this stranger's superior will. But it was all for nothing in the end. The screech was accompanied by a most gentle pull, or so it'd seem. With both his hands, this man would pull the bars to opposite sides, manipulating this metal as if it were mere clay. The bars never breaking but simply bend far and wide enough to allow him passage and them too eventually.

"Incredible, such power." Cyla commented.

Strange. Sephiroth would think to himself. As a master of combat himself, Sephiroth could easily tell this man hadn't exerted himself one bit. No inclination of strength or martial art had been used in that display. It was like any ordinary motion, as if he had opened a mere door. He had used something else. A devil fruit? Unknown, as the metal didn't seem to change properties. But he had used something he wasn't aware of, that much was certain.

He'd pass through and delivered two chopping motions with his right hand. One towards the wall to his right and another to the wall towards his left. The chains that hung on the walls shattered and broke down into a million pieces. It'd allow Sephiroth and Cyla to move around and stand up. Now that display was aided by strength and martial arts, that much Sephiroth would be able to tell even if his speed was something out of this realm.

After that, the man would wipe and clean his hands as if he had dirtied himself, patting them dry on his trousers before putting them in his pockets. He'd turn and move out of the cell once more. "I think you can handle the rest. Can't really believe he'd pay that much for simply this, but oh well. A contract is a contract, after all."

"Wait! Who are you?"
"Who I am doesn't matter, lady. But what does matter is that someone is dying to meet you two. So much in fact that he was willing to pay an extraordinary amount of money to bail you out. Even if it took me a while to track you down."

Someone wanted to meet Sephiroth and Cyla? But who? Who on earth would want two outcast Lunarians? Was it a slave-trader? A celestial dragon? No, they wouldn't hire someone simply to bail them out. This person had other intentions. Cyla in the meantime now that she was free to move about could channel her power more and ripped the chains that were holding her without much effort at all. Sephiroth would easily be able to do the same.

"Oh yeah. I forgot. He asked me to give you this. " The stranger said as he'd give the note to Cyla who had moved out of the cell first.
"The Vampirates?" She'd comment in confusion.
"Consider yourself lucky. It's one of the few crews that can challenge a Yonko and possibly overthrow one of them. Their captain fought at the battle of Wano not so long ago. He only paid me to find you and give you this note, like a glorified mail man. "

The stranger would shrug, conveying that he couldn't believe that this was his fate right now.

Finally, luck was on Cyla and Sephiroth's side. With them now out of the prison they had a goal, payback to Gendo and afterwards possible meeting this so-called Captain of the Vampirates. They weren't forced, but simply given the option.

But the real question still remained, just who was this man?

I do hope you don't mind me weaving Gambit a bit into this story. I'd tie in nicely that after this story event, Sephiroth allies himself with the crew.
@Gambit
The same to you, I hope you don't mind. But with the card and your chars personality, I don't think it's too far from a stretch to think he'd do something like this. But if you with for me to alter it or keep it more vague instead of flat out revealing he paid for this. I'm all game for that too. Lemme know if something was done that I shouldn't have. This was something that I came up with in the spur of the moment

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When Cyla and Sephiroth decided to break out, another man entered the scene. His voice came from the outside of the cell. When Sephiroth looked over toward him, he saw a man of blue hair, with his hands already on the bars of the cell. Then, strange things started to occur. The man, seemingly without any effort, started to bend the bars. It did not look like he was using his physical strength to achieve this feat. It could have been a Devil Fruit, however, something else attracted Sephiroth's attention. There was a strange ''energy'' around the blue haired man's hands. It was an energy that Sephiroth had not seen or felt before, but for some reason, he could now feel it. It was faint. But Sephiroth was starting to awaken to the world of Haki.

When the man was done bending the bars, Cyla asked him who he was. The man did not give his name, however, he mentioned that someone had sent him to free them. And apparently, that person had paid good money for the service. Why would anyone pay a great amount of money to save a pair of strangers? The first thing Sephiroth thought about was a slave trader. But, when the blue haired man gave a note to Cyla, that notion changed.

The Silver Vampirates.

They had left the note. Sephiroth knew of them. They were a pirate crew. What would pirates want with him and Cyla? That thought would leave to the back of his mind for now, as they had more pressing matters. Revenge against Director Gendo.

Before the blue haired man could leave, Sephiroth asked the man a question.

Are you a mercenary? If so, give me your Vivre Card. I will need your services in the future.

Sephiroth said.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

Both Sephiroth and Cyla were out of their cell and engaged in conversation with their 'saviour'. The man, however, seemed pressed for time as he was now looking at his wristwatch. When Sephiroth inquired for his services, this stranger would tilt his head before grabbing something from within the pocket of his jacket. "Here." The young man said as he flipped Sephiroth some sort of coin, it had the same symbol on it as the amulet that was on his hip. "You could say that I'm a mercenary, but I'd like to say we're a hunter guild than simply mercs. We don't have vivre cards, but that's the next best thing. Find some place that has underground connections, they'll be able to guide you upon showing that coin. We're not super well known to the general public. Our contracts are more or less linked to the underground, after all." The stranger would say as he now placed both his hands behind his back

"Now then. Behind me is the route towards the exit of this place, but behind you two is the place where you can exact your revenge. What you do from here is up to you. I was only paid to get you out of here. Enjoy your freedom!"

The stranger said as he walked towards the other end of the dungeon, leaving Sephiroth and Cyla to their own devices. Unless Sephiroth had more to inquire about that is.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Surprisingly, despite the situation that Sephiroth and Cyla were in, Sephiroth had the time to think about the future. He would need the mercenary's services in the future. Clearly, Sephiroth had a plan for the years to come. He was a revenger. The man flipped him a coin. They did not hold Vivre Cards, but the man said that the coin would do just as well. The people of the Underworld would know about the coin, and could lead Sephiroth to them at any time in the future. Sephiroth nodded and pocketed the coin. The blue-haired man pointed to the exit from this place, while also pointing to the direction where they could take their revenge.

He then left.

As for Sephiroth, his choice was obvious.

I'm heading over there.

Sephiroth said, pointing to the direction opposite of the exit.

I'm assuming you're coming with?

Sephiroth said, before turning toward the direction and starting to walk. What would await him? Would he get his revenge, or was more torture ahead? Sephiroth was used to it. He could deal with it. Until the day when he gets his revenge on the world. The world that did him so wrong. The world that turned him into something less. He would have his way.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2
"You even have to ask?" Cyla said short and sweet following an affirmative nod.

The stranger had long left this dungeon, leaving both Sephiroth and Cyla to their own devices. And just like he proposed to the opposite side, the two Lunarians went. It was a long and dank path that was filled with the same cells as they were in a few moments ago. Several of them housed only skeletons, and the few living humans that remained in them were defeated guards. Beaten and bruised up like hell, it seemed like there was a hell of a fight here. Perhaps the stranger from earlier? He seemed pretty capable after all. With nothing else to see in this dungeon, the two Lunarians would finally arrive at a staircase that'd lead them up and outside at last.

Light would not pierce their eyes when they arrived outside, not natural light at least. But a few street posts here and there it was night outside and judging by the stars it was past midnight at the very least. One thing that'd grab their immediate attention would be a very tall building, nearly piercing the skies. It stood on its lonesome, surrounded by several smaller buildings that were still in the midsts of construction. Cyla would look up and pierce with her eyes. "He's there, at the very top."

How his Lunarian sister knew that would be a question for Sephiroth at this point in time. But for now he'd have to trust her judgement on the matter. The two if they'd continue to move forward would eventually arrive at the front door of this building, its construction process completely abandoned now. An obvious fact given the time frame of the day. However, between them and the entrance stood two individuals. They were waiting, or it seemed that way at the very least.

"Well well well. Whaddya know. Seems like Kogami was right. They got out after all."

"It is of no concern. We've beaten them again. We can do it once more. The male must still be exhausted after his previous fight. It's been only a day since his defeat."

Before Sephiroth and Cyla stood the agents who started and ended this previous arc. But would the fate of Sephiroth be the same as last time? Only time would tell. But both Tomomi and Shion stood ready. The former drew his gun while the latter rose her right leg upward, bringing her knee to stomach level, anticipating an attack.

A battle was upon them.

Shion
30 x 5 = 150
- STR: 43 (Race: +6) =49
- SPE: 42 (Race: +6) =48

- Movement: 49
- Reaction: 47
- VIT: 42(Race: +6) = 48

- Stamina: 47
- Durability: 49
- Martial Arts: 23(Race: +9) = 32

- Rokushiki 41
- Swan Kenpo: 23

Tomomi
30 x 5 = 150
- STR: 33 (Race: +6) =37
- SPE: 44 Race: +6) =50

- Movement: 50
- Reaction: 50
- VIT: 39 (Race: +6) = 45

- Stamina: 40
- Durability: 50
- Martial Arts: 34 (Race: +9) = 43

- Rokushiki 36
- Gunslinger: 50
Now that the true Cyla is with Sephiroth you can use her during combat encounters. Seeing as Sephiroth has level up quite a bit you can base her level on the normal formula. Depending on the path you take I'll take control over Cyla for a select few story purposes or the 'cutscenes' like in video games. Besides that you can built upon this npc starting now. (y) (y)

Also, for easy access, feel free to post Sephiroth's stats you wish to use here. Be it his most current level or a lower value. I can tweak and adjust with whatever you choose.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'll just go with his recent stats, no point wasting time making up some inbetween ones. xD

Statistics:

63 x 5 = 315

Strength: 52 (Race: +24, MA: +5) = 81

Speed: 56 (MA: +5) = 61 [Movement Speed: 61 | Reaction Speed: 61]

Vitality: 67 (Race: +18) = 85 [Stamina: 85 | Durability: 85]

Martial Arts: 75 (Race: +6) = 81 [Lunarian Arts: 81 | Swordsmanship: 81]

Haki: 65 [Busou-shoku no Haki: 61 | Kenbun-shoku no Haki (awareness): 69]

Cyla's color code: Test

Sephiroth and Cyla left the dungeon. On their way out, they saw skeletons and defeated guards. Quite a scene to behold, without a doubt, but neither of them flinched, nor got distracted. It was quite evident that they were undeterred now. They knew what had to be done. They were on a mission.

Once outside, they saw that it was past midnight. The night sky was filled with stars, and the moon was shining. In the distance, they saw a massive tower piercing the skies themselves. The tower stood out for its sheer size. Cyla pointed toward the top, stating that that was where ''he'' was. How Cyla knew this was a mystery, and something Sephiroth immediately picked up on. He gave her a look without her noticing it. Was he not completely trusting, after everything that had transpired? Either way, for now, Sephiroth did not bring it up, but simply kept his guard up. He would not be tricked again.

The two walked toward the massive building. As they approached it, two familiar faces were in their way. Two of the agents. Lapdogs that worked for ''him''. Agent Shion and agent Tomomi. The two agents spoke, one of them stating that Kogami was right all along - that the two Lunarians would break out. The other agent confidently stated that they would beat the two Lunarians again, if need be. Little did the agents know, this time around, things were different. Sephiroth was unaware of this as well. But something had awakened deep inside him. The betrayal and the beating that he had been subjected to earlier, had awakened the avenger.

Walking forward, Sephiroth clenched his fists. A strong Lunarian fire erupted around his fists. Glaring, Sephiroth spoke as he continued to walk toward the two agents.

I'll handle this quickly. These lapdogs won't stop me.

Sephiroth said, insulting the two agents. Cyla stopped, staying behind for now. Sephiroth's presence was demanding.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

"Seems like the time he spent in the dungeon ate away at his brain?" Tomomi said having now fully drawn his gun.
"Whatever, let's get this over with!" Shion replied with haste.

Not waiting for her partner to reply, the young woman would dash forward towards Sephiroth. With fire balled around his fist the Lunarian would most likely keep a close watch on Shion. What once started as a blurred image would start to change drastically. Time would theoretically slow down before Sephiroth, an awakening within his body. This running motion would start to change at this moment. Going from a blurry like image into a very clear picture, it was as if several Shions were running behind each other. Several iterations of the same human being had started their run, but with only a few seconds behind each other. It was a display of speed but one that turned slower and slower. Eventually, before Shion was even in front of Sephiroth, the woman was running towards him like any ordinary human. A rude awakening and clear shock for the agent, but for now she was none the wiser, Tomomi included.

Shion would arrive within striking distance and launched her leg forward like stabbing a weapon. "Ashigan!"

1. Wall/Tree Level +2(B Rank) = 81-100: 3. Large Building Level

The user kicks with their legs at the speed of a shigan, able to pierce and or attack at jabbing like speeds.
B-Rank 41 Mastery, 41 Strength.

Behind Shion the other agent was preparing his firearm, providing long range support in case Sephiroth dodged her attack.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With neither side wishing to prolong this run-in with further conversation, Sephiroth readied himself, cladding his fists with Lunarian fire, while the female agent took off, running toward him. Sephiroth's eyes narrowed - he had noticed something different in himself. The agent was slow. Movements that before were a challenge to keep track of, were now clear as day. The agent was almost like a civilian running toward Sephiroth. Something was awakening within him. The agent would not be aware of it. Sephiroth would be, though he wouldn't be able to quite put a finger on what was going on.

Regardless, now was not the time to lose himself in his thoughts. He was in the middle of a fight. When the female agent arrived in front of Sephiroth, she shot her right leg forward in the form of a front kick. It was in that moment that Sephiroth acted with speed much greater than the agent's own. Sephiroth turned and stepped forward, essentially sidestepping the kick while taking a step forward in the same motion, closing the distance between himself and the agent.

In that moment, his right fist came down onto the agent with great might. Subconsciously, perhaps due to his rage directed toward the agents, in particular this agent that had fooled him before, Sephiroth imbued his fist with black Busou-shoku no Haki. The punch aimed to ram into the agent and drive her head into the ground with enough strength to create a crater. The fire surrounding his fist would burn the woman as well, on top of the concussive force inflicted by the punch itself.

Andon...!

DPR: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level + C:+1 + COA: +2 = 6. City Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shion's kick was launched, as deadly as ever. Like a bullet from a chamber, the leg flew forward in a piercing motion. But Sephiroth's desire for revenge and combat experienced finally cumulated and began to tear through his limits. His reaction speed was now in a whole other plane of existence. The Lunarian took both Shion and Tomomi by surprise. Only realizing what he had done by the time his own counter was mere moments away from hitting.

Overconfidence quickly turned into terror as a grim reality revealed itself to Shion.

She was totally and utterly outclassed.

A darkened fist broke through Shion's defences with ease, while also blasting her into the pavement below. A quick jab to the face, but executed with such brutality and ferociousness that it had Tomomi completely stunned. "Oi...OI SHION! W-what WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" Tomomi shouted in genuine fear. With his gun held in front of him, he started blasting, but with his hands shaking there was no way in hell that he'd hit Sephiroth. The Lunarian wouldn't even need to react to it like he had done earlier.

Shion remained on the floor having been knocked out with one solid hit, the punch had been imprinted onto her face.

It was time to finally end this chapter. Below Tomomi a glass door stood as an entrance to this building. They'd need a key card, like with the previous tower. But would that be the right message to send to the chief up top?

It was time to announce Sephiroth's return.

@kakashi19283

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth's fist, raging with Lunarian fire and covered with black Busou-shoku no Haki, slammed into Shion's face, driving her head down into the ground with enough force to create a small crater. As Sephiroth stared down at the unconscious female agent, he realized what he had done. He was still a mouse in the world, but in this exchange, he was the strongest there is. He had completely outclassed the female agent. Power was awakening within Sephiroth. He could not name the power. He did not understand it. But it came out on instinct - after all, it was Will.

As Sephiroth was spacing out and thinking about what he had just experienced and felt on his own skin, he heard shots go off. Sephiroth had let his guard down momentarily, but luckily, it did not matter. The other agent had fired a couple of shots, but he was so distraught about Sephiroth's show of power, that his hand shook, and his aim was off. The projectiles that were fired, blitzed past Sephiroth. He straightened up from the hunched posture that his downward punch had left him in, and he looked at the male agent. With a glare in his eyes, Sephiroth spoke - his fist was still raging with Lunarian fire, but now, so was his other fist.

Do you really plan to die for that boss of yours? A man of your age is definitely smarter than that, right?

Sephiroth said, trying to see whether there was any reasoning with the male agent. Sephiroth was taken aback by his own power, so now that he knew that he had the power to kill these agents, he had a tough decision to make. Should he? Should he kill them? Sephiroth wanted to see whether they were truly evil scum that got a kick out of experimenting on Lunarians... or maybe that was all the boss, and the agents simply had no choice but to participate in his dirty work.

As all of that was happening, Cyla was in the background, simply observing. She, took, was shocked by Sephiroth's display of power. With a slight quiver in his voice, Cyla asked a question outloud, but only loud enough for herself to hear.

Is he the one...? Could he really be?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Fear gripped the sole remaining agent. He was used to dealing with villains and scum around his own level of power. But this time it was a glimpse in the realm beyond. The sight of Sephiroth in an entirely new tier of power terrified him to his core. So much so in fact that the man turned around and fled the battlefield entirely. A humiliating scene to say the least. Scurrying away like a caught rat, the agent tried to flee before he'd lose his life, valuing it more over this mission. The automatic door that was behind him wooshed open without resistance, allowing the man passage into the building.

But Tomomi was far too naive that it'd all go so smoothly. Suddenly a loud gunshot could be heard following Tomomi's bodying being launched through the door, shattering it glass and all. The man would land a few meters before Sephiroth's feed with a crash, his eyes completely white revealed that he was either knocked out or killed. The latter being the more suspected one. The stranger who had defeated Tomomi would not reveal themselves and moved back further into the building. Cyla could tell that this presence was moving away from them without uttering a word. The two Lunarians now had a choice of following this strange individual or going straight for the kill. Nothing so far stood in their way from going up through flight alone.

At the top of the tower, however, Gendo looked down through the window from his rooftop office. The results of the battle the two agents had produced visible through his computer screen. The screen glaring onto his window reflected back into his glasses. His Stoic expression still present as ever. He continued looking outside and down, his hands placed behind him at his lower back allowed him to maintain his proper attitude.

Eventually someone would storm into his office, this individual would wheeze and gasp for air. Gendo knew what this messenger would report and didn't even give him a moment of attention, switching immediately to the matter of hands.

"It is nothing to be concerned about, Fuyutsuki. Ready the inquisitors. It's about time one of our projects saw a breakthrough. But let's test him a little more. I need to know for certain."

"Understood, Gendo-san. I'll inform them immediately."

The man known as Fuyutsuki saluted and quickly left the room Gendo would turn around and sit back at his desk. He'd observe the numbers of his screen once more. Pictures of Sephiroth popping up left and right combined with all kinds of statistics and graphs.

"Show me how far your ceiling goes, Sephiroth. Are you the one I've been looking for all these years?"

@kakashi19283

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth was dominant, overwhelming the agent quickly and defeating her with one attack. This sudden increase in Sephiroth's ability came as a shock to the other agent. In disbelief, fear overtook the agent's decisions and he chose to flee. The door into the tall building opened up behind the agent as he turned around and fled. Sephiroth and Cyla were about to pursue, but before they could, a gunshot could be heard from inside the building. The fleeing agent's body came crashing back out and skid all the way to where Sephiroth and Cyla were. With the agent now laying dead in front of their feet, Sephiroth looked at Cyla and nodded.

Let's go.

We need to be quick...!

Cyla said, and the two flapped their wings, flying through the front door in pursuit of the stranger that had killed one of his own. What awaited the two Lunarians inside was anyone's guess, but two things were clear - they were ready for it, and their target was at the top of the building. It was time for revenge.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

Cyla and Sephiroth flew through the front door and into the building. What awaited them inside was something they honestly would not expect. A large, spacious but empty reception desk with a wide entrance stretching beyond it. From there they'd be able to move through various floors, doors and rooms. Above them hung large banners that had the following written on them: Museum, The Valley of the old Gods, a never-before- seen exhibition of the ancient Lunarians!

Each of these banners sporting a name and a date. Referencing to an opening date that happened a few years ago. Just what was this building and why on earth was there a museum in the middle of an uninhabited island in the North Blue? Should they take their eyes off their surroundings, they'd be able to spot a few key things. In the middle, beyond the reception desk, a large waterfall streamed down, showing a black figure moving within it before being launched high up. Presumably to the roof or perhaps beyond it. Who it was they could not tell. Was it the figure who had defeated Tomomi a short few moments ago? Before the waterfall, pieces of art were being shown. Various of trinkets that would be of no value to either Sephiroth nor Cyla, but a few things would catch their eye here.

For starters, the thing Sephiroth would be almost immediately drawn to would be, at last, a sword. Sticking in the stone slab like some commentary to an ancient myth. It was not a sword he'd be familiar with, but for now it'd have to do the trick. But the one thing that'd be of most value, albeit it sentimental was a miniature version of a humanoid creature being crucified, it clearly had remnants of wings but what it was would most likely be beyond the two Lunarians. Below it a plaque was shown with a short description.

A gift from the heavens, our first God - Lillith
To their right up a short set of stairs they'd hear a click as if a door opened up automatically. Above it, a light blinked to life, revealing perhaps their first path towards this exhibition. The first chapter, The Foundation.

With a weapon in hand Sephiroth and Cyla were allowed to skip the exhibition. But perhaps they could learn something here they weren't aware of.

Would revenge make them blind to the ancient history of their own people?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth and Cyla rushed into the building, coming to an abrupt stop once they were inside. In front of them spanned a very large reception area. Sephiroth and Cyla looked around, spotting a number of strange things. The waterfall caught their attention first, for there was a silhouette inside it. But that silhouette shot up the waterfall immediately, leaving Sephiroth and Cyla with a dead end for now. Looking around further, they saw a strangr sword stuck in a slab of stone. As well as a setup of a strange small humanoid creature getting crucifixed. The most disgusting of all was the name of this place. ''Museum, The Valley of the old Gods, a never-before- seen exhibition of the ancient Lunarians!''

Sephiroth grit his teeth. He didn't show it too much, but inside, he was boiling with rage. These people were making a mockery of his race. He would have his revenge.

Don't let it bother you... we knew these people were sick even before we came to this building.

Cyla said, noticing that Sephiroth was angry.

I know...

Sephiroth said, walking up to the sword. He grabbed the hilt of the sword and attempted to pull it out of the slab of stone. If successful, Sephiorth would look at the sword from different angles, as if studying it. He would keep it with him, holding it sheathed in his left hand. At that point, a door was automatically unlocked and a light turned on above the door, signalling that there was where they could go. Sephiroth was tempted to just go into the waterfall and attempt to go up quickly. But he needed to know more. He needed to know the secrets that this place held. Sephiroth walked toward the door.

Cyla... stay close to me.

Sephiroth said, strangely enough exhibiting some worry for his fellow Lunarian? Was it that he was slowly getting attached to his new comrade? Clearly, he didn't want to see any harm befall her.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

Through the door they went with wonder as to what laid in store for them. Behind this door was a hallway with at its end a sharp turn. This would eventually lead to a large room that was set up as an exhibition. Statues, relics and old artefacts and paintings were scattered around this room. Whether all of them were linked to Lunarians was uncertain, there wasn't a lot of information left about their species. So it wouldn't be a stretch to think that most of these objects came from forgery. At the far end of the room, almost in the centre of it, stood a statue. Its arms reaching for the heavens with wings that were clipped. In her hands a lone child, also a statue, rested, oblivious to its surroundings and fate. Upon closer inspection of the statue, they'd spot a single man sitting on a bench in the corner of their eyes. The wall before had obscured him from view. He was a bewildered looking fellow: sporting an unkept beard, neglected hair and a look that announced to the world that he was bored. His arms were laid out over the width of the bench as his head was looking at the ceiling.

"It's a sad tale, innit?"
"Abandoned by yer own people. Can't imagine what that would've felt like."

The man would say before moving to a more civilized way of sitting. His eyes now fully facing the two Lunarians to which he'd raise a single eyebrow in surprise.

"Oh? Hah. Now I understand why the boss is so keen on you. "
The man would say, but not revealing who he was actually referring to.

The man would rub his eyes in what seemed to be a reaction to exhaustion or insomnia. "So. What do you want to do, talk? Brawl? You can choose. I'd prefer to talk if anything." He'd say, letting out a few yawns in between. This was a very strange fellow, and someone completely different from the ordinary agents he faced so far. In the opposite corner, Sephiroth could spy the exit out of this room. But his instincts would tell him that dashing towards it would be a futile attempt.

It was an odd sensation. This man was wide open and didn't even attempt to guard himself. But a mad dash to the exit would be met with resistance, that he could tell as much.

How would they proceed?

Top Bottom