Island CP2 Base

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Gabriel and Sephiorth were airborne, staring each other down at point blank range. Cyla was down on the ground, hearing Sephiroth's answer. A home. A life of peace. Cyla wanted that as well - in fact, that was the only thing she had ever wanted. However, Gabriel was not buying it. They would never be able to have peace. They would always be hunted down like dogs. The bounties on everyone's heads were a clear sign of that. However, there was a way out. There were four individuals in this world that had enormous bounties on their heads. And yet, they were not hunted down. Their bounties, in fact, were so enormous, that they garnered respect - and becasue of that, they were the most free men and women on the seas. The Yonkou.

I don't care about bounties. I will make them fear me to the point where they will leave me alone.

Sephiroth said with a glare in his eyes. That was when Gabriel grit his teeth and propelled himself away. Garnering and amassing an enormous amount of fire in his hand, Gabriel was getting ready to finish this fight. Sephiroth got ready as well, sheathing his sword and holding the scabbard in his left hand. A powerful fire started to swirl around the scabbard like a vortex. The two were ready.

Like that, but around the scabbard.

Come and get m-

Before Sephiroth could finish his sentence, Gabriel hurled his hand forward while Sephiroth flapped his wings, rocketing toward Gabriel. However, much to Sephiorth's surprise, Gabriel changed the trajectory of his attack, hurling it down toward Cyla. Gabriel roared, shouting that Sephiroth's bound with Cyla was shallow. Cyla's facial expression suddenly changed as fire erupted around her.

Do you take me for some damsel in distress?

Cyla said, her eyes turning coldblooded and filled with anger. Gabriel made it look like he expected Sephiroth to save Cyla. But she needed no such thing. Crouching down, the muscles on Cyla's legs suddenly bulged as she summoned all of her raw, Lunarian strength. Flapping her black wings and pushing off of the ground, Cyla erupted upward. She started to spin, before wrapping her own wings around her. With the wings cladding her and the fire surrounding her, Cyla transformed into a fire ball that collided with Gabriel's attack. Gabriel, likely caught off guard by the fact that Sephiroth did not need to go save Cyla, would find Sephiroth blitzing past him. Sephiroth had initiated his movement right when Gabriel had attacked Cyla, and so when Gabriel's and Cyla's attacks clashed, Sephiroth was upon Gabriel. Grabbing the hilt of the sheathed sword, Sephiroth swung it open with all of his strength.

Ignition Vortex...!

The vortex of fire surrounding the scabbard would be pulled along with the swing of the sword, unleashing an enormously powerful fire slash, clad with black Busou-shoku no Haki. The slash was going staight for Gabriel's neck. Little did Gabriel know - Sephiroth was using the blunt edge of his sword. He aimed to knock Gabriel out.

In the aftermath, Cyla would be seen back on the ground, laying on the cold snow. The snow was evaporating around her. Burn marks were seen on her body. She was breathing heavily. But, she had survived.

Cyla's DPR: DPR: 61-80: 2. Small Building Level + A:+3 = 5. Town Level

Gabriel's is 4 higher.

Cyla's durability: 61-80: 4. City Block Level

DPR equal to durability: normal damage

Sephiroth's DPR: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level + A:+3 + COA: +2 = 8. Island Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

The two warriors had delivered their parting words. All that's left was to finish the battle as only one would be the victor of this clash of ideologies. Gabriel stood tall and had gambled on sacrifice to get where he was. Sephiroth on the other hand would show Gabriel a different path one that'd lead to the same destination but disregarding the pain it'd cause. Gabriel deemed him a liar and was hell bent on proving that to his Lunarian comrade. With anger, sorrow and conviction he launched a beam of concentrated fire straight towards Cyla, trying to make Sephiroth see the errors in his way of thinking.

Reality, however, played a more cruel card for the Inquisitor.

His fire shot past Sephiroth who had launched himself at the very same time. The pale Lunarian disregarded this attack and continued straight towards his opponent, sheath and blade in one hand each. Cyla in the meantime erupted with fire, surrounding herself with it. Before she'd push herself forward as well, aiming to clash with Gabriel's attack head on. The two fighting for supremacy gave Sephiroth the window to strike at his opponent.

Ignition Vortex...!
Sephiroth shouted as his blade flew towards the Inquisitors neck, Gabriel could do nothing else but look on to the incoming strike. Even switching to a different Kata would be too slow to defend him in time. His eyes would widen and then everything crashed into him all at once.

Fire
Speed
Haki
Power and lastly
Regret.

The blow would send him backwards flying and crashing into the snow, lifting several chunks through the contact with the ground.

"Uraaagh!" Gabriel shouted out in pain, both physical and mental.

In the aftermath the inquisitor laid on his back and tried to pull him back to his feet. His body trembled while ignoring his orders to stand up. He was still alive but holding it together only barely. His rage was the only thing keeping him conscious until now. Even seeing that Cyla was still standing and relatively unharmed frustrated him to no end.

"It...cannot...end like this...." Gabriel spoke, nearly gargling on the blood in his mouth.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The blunt edge of Sephiroth's sword, raging with fire, Haki and the determination to carve a path for himself, ripped into Gabriel's neck. Had Sephiroth used the sharp edge of his sword, he would have decapitated Gabriel on the spot - but killing his fellow Lunarian was not Sephiroth's goal. Gabriel was sent flying and came crashing into the ground, literally slammed out of the sky by Sephiroth. Moments after, Sephiroth landed on the ground, his knee hitting the snow. His legs were tired. Gabriel was laying on his back in the snow, still breathing, still conscious, still cursing his fate. Little did he know, his fate had something different in mind for him. Sephiroth, taking a few deep breaths and sheathing his sword, worked on recollecting himself. He knew he had one more fight in front of him on this day. Looking at Cyla, he saw the burn marks on her. She was exhausted. She could still go on, it seemed by the look in his eyes - but there was a more important role for her. Sephiroth walked up to Cyla, speaking, not loud enough for Gabriel, whose ears were likely ringing, to hear.

Are you ok?

Sephiroth asked. Cyla nodded.

I'm fine. I'll have time to rest later.

Cyla said, clenching her fists. She was ready to go. But, Sephiroth stopped her.

I will go alone. I have a favor to ask.

Sephiroth said. Cyla looked at him surprised.

What is it?

She said, wondering what Sephiroth needed at a time like this.

Stay with him. I want to come back for him later. But only after I've brought this organization down.

Sephiroth said. Cyla's eyes widened in surprise as she attempted to interject.

What do you mea-...!

I'll explain later. Can I count on you?

Sephiroth said, the look in his eyes brimming with confidence and determination. He finally saw a path forward.

Tsch... fine.

Cyla accepted reluctantly and Sephiroth thanked her.

Thank you, Cyla. I will be right back.

Sephiroth said. Flapping his wings, Sephiroth took off. It was time for the final battle. And Sephiroth wouldn't fool around. He intended to finish this quickly.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

The battle between the last Inquisitor and Sephiroth had been won. Gabriel laid on his back, barely conscious as he took in his surroundings. After struggling a bit to try and stand up he at last gave up that effort. Now having calmed down his arms lay open out in the snow and looked onto the leaving Sephiroth.

" I was wrong but also correct...Hmmm" Gabriel spoke softly, contemplating about something.

At high speed Sephiroth took off as he made height he'd notice that the top of this ceiling had a loose compartment, creating an artificial sky/ceiling. Once he had taken care of that lose compartment by either, taking it off or using brute force he'd eventually make his way towards his last destination. Gendo Ikari's office.

There the boss of it all sat down behind his massive desk in an equally massive chair. Besides him a single, perhaps the last standing agent and or Inquisitor. Sephiroth if he took a good look at the man would recognize him from somewhere. He gave a slight resemblance to the Cipher Pol officer that started this journey, the man known as Kogami. But he looked completely different since last time. Just what happened to him?

Gendo in the meantime still with his hands before his face looked on and finally spoke towards the single Lunarian who managed to push through to the end.

"It appears my initial assessment was correct after all. You did rise to the occasion. Prisoner 7855. I suspect you have questions? If not we can start the final battle any time you want." Gendo spoke, awaiting the end with peace of mind.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth flapped his wings and took off, raising to a higher altitude to scan the area and spot a way to proceed. At some point, he noticed the loose compartment on the ceiling. Flying up to it, he stopped right in front of it, inspecting it momentarily before hurling a punch toward it, knocking it out of its place. He flapped his wings again, disappearing from the snowy area. Cyla, by that time, had walked up to Gabriel and sat down next to him. Looking up at the ceiling, she sighed, speaking.

He's got so much energy...

Cyla said of Sephiroth, before falling backward into a laying position, now laying in the snow just a good meter or so away from Gabriel. The cold snow soothed her burns. It felt good.

He's very interesting though. There's a weird air around him. He's like... a King.

Cyla said.

Flying upward, Sephiroth eventually made it to where he needed to go. The last floor. And on it, Gendo's office. The man sat behind his table across the office, his usual glaring glasses shining through the relative darkness of the room. The agent from before was there as well. Sephiroth recognized him, though he looked different. His aura, mostly. Gendo spoke, stating that his assessment had been correct and that he had expected Sephiroth tor each him. Gendo gave Sephiroth two options - talk, or get right down to business and fight. Sephiroth unsheathed his sword, holding it in his right hand.

That's up to you. Do you have something interesting to tell me? I've already made up my mind... and what my goal is.

Sephiroth said, resolute.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

Gendo would lower his arms and placed his hands on his desk all before leaning into his chair. His look never wavered as he inspected Sephiroth from top to bottom before casting a smirk. " No, not really. I see that the Jenova Project has been finished. The destroyer of this world is ready. All that is needed is one final push." Gendo said as he spun in his chair and aimed a remote towards a nearby wall, starting a projection. It mirrored the movements of the 3 people present. They were being recorded. The screen afterwards would split, shrinking the recording of the office before showing 3 different transmissions to the side. Each dark and grey, trying to obscure those that were watching Sephiroth and Gendo.

"This better be different than the last time Gendo...." - A voice spoke from the projection screen, the large den den mushi to the side echoing their voices.
"This better be good. We're waiting on the outcome of both The Wedding and the Pirate Festival. The outcome of those two will change the world." The second voice spoke, frustrating on having to watch this instead of monitoring the other events, it looked like he was writing something down on a notepad.

"What is the meaning of this, Ikari" The third and last voice said, speaking with a hint of familiarity.

Gendo Ikari then spun in his chair once again, returning his gaze upon Sephiroth and stood up from his chair.

"Welcome, denizens of the Underworld. Today I shall unveil to you the completion of Project Jenova. Through trials and tribulations my champion is ready. A full bread Lunarian, capable to challenge the world and heaven." Gendo said, causing curses and voices of disbelief to echo throughout the office. Those from the underworld did not like this at all.

"Project Jenova?! Is this where our funding has gone towards? This was supposed to be a formula to create super human soldiers?! What's the meaning of this Gendo????"

"That was but a side project, we accomplished that years before your funding arrived. That money went to years of research and the quest to find...The One."

"It appears this will be worthwhile after all."

"You are aware of what you're doing, Ikari?"

"Naturally I am aware, this is the end of our natural order. Humanity is rotten to its core, our gods have abandoned us. So I've turned to their children, they shall cleanse us and this world."
Gendo said as he folded open his arms as if trying to open him up for an embrace. But in reality he was excited to no belief. "Feast your eyes on the man who shall be our Harbringer...." Gendo shouted before pointing at Sephiroth.

"Sephiroth! Child of Lilith, and reaper of human kind!"

Gendo Ikari afterwards turned to manical laughter. Sephiroth's existence was now known to the wide world. There was no stopping this kind of information from spreading to the world. The fellow in the mask afterwards stood up and gave a glance to Kogami. The dark haired man returned his gaze. " Kill this Lunarian, Agent. See it as your promotion exam for Aegis. Succeed and you shall join our ranks."

"Acknowledged."

Kogami said as he dashed forward with speed equal to Sephiroth's. This man had made an equal amount of progress to the Lunarian. Both were of equal physical ability. The situation has gone fubar. How would the Lunarian respond? And would he be able to keep his cool.

60 x 5 = 300

Strength: 64 (Race: +12, MA: +5) = 81

Speed: 49 (Race: +12,MA: +5) = 66 [Movement Speed: 61 | Reaction Speed: 71]

Vitality: 73 (Race: +12) = 85 [Stamina: 85 | Durability: 85]

Martial Arts: 63 (Race: +18) = 81 [Life Return: 81 | Rokushiki: 81]

Haki: 51 [Busou-shoku no Haki: 61 | Kenbun-shoku no Haki (Precognition): 41]

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth, with sword in hand, observed as Gendo spoke. It seemed that they had company. Three strange individuals, or rather their projections, were here to watch Sephiroth. Gendo revealed his plan. He had raised Sephiroth to become the harbringer of destruction. And now it was time to see the results. Sephiroth frowned, visibly annoyed that he was these people's plaything, still. But, that would change soon.

Soon, he would defeat the agent. Kill Gendo. And destroy the projections, sending a message to those of the Underworld. Those three things would transpire in a matter of minutes - Sephiroth was firm in his intentions. Then, he would return to the snowy plain, where he would speak to Cyla and Gabriel. It was destiny. Sephiroth widened his stance, observing the agent's approach. These were not Sephiroth's last words to Gendo, but they would definitely be words that Gendo would forever remember.

Don't regret this later.

Sephiroth said. Pushing off of the ground, he charged toward the agent. A line of fire ran down the length of the sword, trailing behind Sephiroth. Then, as he was in range, Sephiroth swung the sword vertically downward, unleashing a fiery slash.

Ignition Cut...!

DPR: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level + A:+3 + COA: +1 = 7. Mountain Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

The two warriors dashed off from their respective locations and met somewhere in the middle of this large office space. Sephiroth rose his weapon upwards, fire and haki trailing the motion of the blade. Kogami focused his eyes and relaxed his body as he spun on his left foot, twisting his body so that by the time the weapon came down his back was parallel to it. It'd allow for a smooth dodge while continuing his forward movement. By the end of his spin Kogami would stand more to the left of Sephiroth than how he initially approached. Now with the blade down, heading to the ground, his opponent drew in and moved up his right hand with only its index extended.

That single finger would carry enough power to stab a person to death. This variation, however, applied that same force multiple times. Aimed at Sephiroth's side with the intent of riddling his left flank with holes.

"Shigan: Oren"

DPR: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level + B:+2 + COA: +1 = 6. City Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth's sword, fire trailing, was raised up into the air. Once in range, he swung it vertically downward, aiming to slash through the agent. The agent, however, was able to keep up. Spinning on his foot, he sidestepped Sephiroth's slash and ended up more on Sephiroth's left. With his arm cocked backward, the agent unleashed a counterattack. If Sephiroth wanted to avoid, block or parry, he would have to act quickly. He would have to end his swing prematurely and hope that he could make it on time. However, Sephiroth did none of that. Instead, his swing continued downward as the agent's Shigan barrage approached. Invisible Busou-shoku no Haki suddenly ran down the length of Sephiroth's sword as the tip of the blade collided with the ground.

From the point of contact, a powerful blast of fire was unleashed in all directions. Busou-shoku no Haki enhanced the blast of fire, increasing its power and concussive force.

Ignition Mine...!

The blast of fire intended to blow the agent away, as well as burn him in the process. Once the blast cleared, Sephiroth was seen with blood trailing down his left arm. The wounds were not deep, and the arm was usable - but it was clear that the agent had managed to reach Sephiroth just in time to deal some damage.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

Kogami had evaded the sword slash and continued his movement into a flurry of shigan stabs. However, from the corner of his eye he could see that Sephiroth had no plans of stopping his movement. The sword would come down to the ground like a hammer, unleashing all its gathered force into a massive slam like attack. Within the agent's body his bones would create a harder outer shell, allowing him to cushion a large portion of the force. Invisible haki would also coat most of his body, raising one hell of a defence.
81-100: 5. Town Level +1 = 101-119: 6. City Level
DPR 1 higher than dura: quite effective
The slam would hit and blasted the agent away from Sephiroth's location, fire cling to his body as if it were an adhesive while the side of his body received numerous bruises. Kogami would frown at how easily his guard was shattered by that attack. Seemed like the trials had indeed crafted one hell of a warrior. The agent after a flip and a spin would land on the ground a couple of meters away from Sephiroth, still at his flank. The fire that stuck to him after some time vanished revealing no burn marks whatsoever. Only the concussive force from the Lunarian had managed to wound him quite a bit. With his ever stoic expression the Agent would observe Sephiroth again and spoke cold and softly.

" Seems like you've improved a bit since our last fight. The result, however, will still be the same. "
" You're toying around too much Agent. He cannot be allowed out of this mess."
" Understood."

Kogami said and widened his stance, haki flew towards his right leg and shifted it dark. Sephiroth who had seen it numerous times would know what came next. A wide horizontal blue slash flew straight at Sephiroth. Behind the edges of the slash dark energy dragged behind, indicating that it had been infused with haki.

"Rankyaku!"
81-100: 3. Large Building Level +3(A) +2(Coa) = 8. Island Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The tip of Sephiroth's sword collided with the ground, unleashing a powerful fire blast in all directions. This aimed to interrupt the agent's own attack, as well as blow him away and burn him. In the aftermath of Sephiroth's attack, it was clear that some of those intentions were accomplished, while others were not. Sephiroth did manage to interrupt the agent's attack, but only partially. He did manage to blow the agent away, as well as inflict some bruises on his hardened body. However, one thing that failed fully, was burning the agent. Sephiroth's eyebrows furrowed - this surprised him. An immunity to fire was the one thing he did not expect a human to have. Did this agent have a secret? Was he an ability user? Or was he experimented on and modified? What kind of scientific modifications could make a human immune to fire? Given this organization's obsession with Lunarians, Sephiroth started to suspect something. Could it be?

Regardless, he did not have too much time to think. He shifted sideways to face the agent, who received an order to stop messing around. Black Busou-shoku no Haki flowed down the length of the agent's leg, and the same started to occur with Sephiroth's sword. When the agent swung his leg, unleashing a flying slash, Sephiroth swung his sword, unleashing a fiery flying slash.

The two attacks, enhanced with black Busou-shoku no Haki, would collide, unleashing strong air currents across the room, blowing paperwork and other things about.

Ignition Wave...!

DPR: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level + A:+3 + COA: +2 = 8. Island Level

The air and fire collided with their Hakis, the two attacks equal in power. As both attacks faded, Sephiroth charged through the remnants of the clash, rushing the agent. Once in front of him, Sephiroth hurled his sword forward in the form of a stab, aiming to pierce the agent's chest. Black Busou-shoku no Haki clad the sword and fire whirled around it, enhancing the power of the attack.

Ignition Pierce...!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

The Rankyaku flew towards Sephiroth with power to cut through stone and perhaps even metal. Kogami could see, however, that his opponent was skilled enough to parry his slice with a swing of his own. The blade swung down firing an air projectile of its own. The two would crash into each other sending out the remaining energy throughout the area, windows and glass burst out of their seams. They were unable to absorb this much power. Through lingering smoke and fire Sephiroth dashed through, weapon parallel to his body, aiming for a powerful stab. The blade turning red from the heat it carried. Kogami prepared and slid his left foot backwards, he could deal with the Lunarian's movement speed. But the swiftness of his attacks was a different matter, like a rubber band it was always flicked towards him. He needed speed to parry this strike.

"Ashigan!"
81-100: 3. Large Building Level +2(B) +2(haki) = 7. Mountain Level

Leftover DPR: 41-60: 1. Wall/Tree Level
DPR 2 or more below dura: Not very effective
Kogami's left leg equally snapped forward to meet Sephiroth's attack in the middle striking one another with the result being yet another release of incredible energy. This time walls would crack while dust fell between these cracks on the ceiling. Their battle was doing a lot of structural damage. While their clash seemed equal at a first glance, but Sephiroth's weapon had pierced through the sole of his shoe. Drawing a minor amount of blood. Kogami pulled back his left leg and used geppo with his right to propel him around Sephiroth's right flank. He'd push so that he'd go around him and away. While the agent flew his hair grew longer in less than the blink of an eye, it'd form a second set of arms that mimicked his own stance. Both his hands were ready to flick something towards Sephiroth, invisible haki coating the hands.

"Shishi Tobu Shigan."

81-100: 3. Large Building Level +3(A) +1(haki) = 7. Mountain Level
The hands would release a flurry of air pellets towards Sephiroth, aimed to overwhelm him with the amount of attacks. After his attacks released his hair would revert to its original shape and length before he'd land on the ground. His back facing Gendo but slightly to the side of it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth's black Busou-shoku no Haki clad, fire tempered sword collided with the agent's equally reinforced kick. More powerful air currents and even a shockwave were created in this clash, causing some of the windows in the office to shatter. It was becoming clear that these two men had ascended to the point where they could cause serious collateral damage to their surroundings. After a few moments of the clash, the agent pulled his leg back and then initiated a series of Geppous, moving to Sephiroth's right flank.

There, the agent's hair suddenly grew out, forming into two hair arms and fists. The hair arms released a flurry of stabs, which fired pellets of air toward Sephiroth. Sephiroth's black wings wrapped around him, creating a defensive barrier. Black Busou-shoku no Haki clad the wings, enhancing them to the point where Sephiroth's defensive technique became incredibly difficult to penetrate.

Agent's DPR: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level + A:+3 + COA: +1 = 7. Mountain Level

Sephiroth's Durability: 81-100: 5. Town Level + COA: +2 = 7. Mountain Level

As the air pellets bombarded Sephiroth's wings, a number of black feathers were ripped out, flying about and falling to the ground. Some blood splattered on the ground as well, but Sephiroth's defense stood firm. Then, suddenly, he unflapped his wings. Raising his left arm toward the agent, Sephiroth created a large amount of fire, forming it into a large fire dragon. Swinging his arm, Sephiroth hurled the large fire dragon toward the agent, aiming to engulf him, as well as his boss, who was behind him. An armor of black Busou-shoku no Haki clad the fire dragon, enhancing its power, as well as giving it great concussive force.

Karyudon...!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

Sephiroth's wings would cling around him, creating a tough outer shell. But the bombardment from Kogami succeeded to push through this defence to some degree. Blood painted the floor as feathers lulled to the ground. But the Lunarian didn't leave it at that and pushed through almost immediately. His left arm rose, erupting him with fire and heat which he'd shape into a dragon a few moments later.

"He truly is a Lunarian. Incredible. Morgans is going to have a field day with this."

The dragon was formed and coated with an incredible amount of haki. And then finally thrown towards the Agent who widened his eyes in quite the shock. He'd move up his arms in a cross position and flexed every muscle in his body.

"Tekkai!"

81-100: 5. Town Level +1 = 101-119: 6. City Level
DPR 1 higher than dura: quite effective
The dragon would engulf Kogami and blasted him backwards. Gendo by a miracle had managed to dodge the attack by leaping to the side. Kogami on the other hand would be blasted through the glass window behind the main desk. There outside the agent would hit the ground on the helipad.

"Seems like your agent is losing this bout."
"He hasn't used...that yet. He's holding back."

Sephiroth if he'd follow the agent to the outside would find that the man had sustained quite the damage from that last attack. He'd drag himself to his feet. His suit in tatters, bruises on his body while blood trailed down from the corner of his mouth. And finally a minor burn mark on his arms and neck. It'd seem whatever resistance this man had had a certain limit. But one thing, despite his wounds, that he didn't do was gasp for air or anything. Should Sephiroth stand nearby or at the entrance from the window Kogami would speak.

" Having fought Gabriel should've made a mark on your physical abilities. Don't you dare slow down on me, Devil Child."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth's fire dragon slammed into the agent, dragging him across the office with great strength, before smashing him through the window. The agent was blown out of the office and to the helipad. Sephiroth flapped his wings, pushing off of the ground and flying out through the broken window, landing on the helipad as well. He knew that the agent was strong, and one attack wouldn't have been enough to finish him off. As such, Sephiroth was in hot pursuit. When he landed outside, he saw the agent getting back up. Multiple bruises, a burn mark, and even blood trailing from his mouth, showed that the agent had sustained considerable damage. However, he got back up and he stood, ready. The agent was not done yet. In fact, he taunted Sephiroth not to slow down - after all, a tough fight against Gabriel was behind him. A strong breeze blew through the helipad. They were on a high altitude. Drops of rain started to fall. For now, it was barely anything - but over the span of the next minute, the rain will intensify. A storm was coming.

For now, with the rain still barely present, Sephiroth took a deep breath, recollecting himself.

I don't know why a strong person like you is following these people. Humans are strange beings. Always bound by chains of hierarchy and manipulation from those at the top.

Sephiroth said. He was a free man. Always hunted, but still free.

With the fire still cladding the blade of his sword and swirling around it, Sephiroth widened his stance. He pushed off of the ground, dashing toward the agent - fast approaching.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2

The two fighters had moved their clash to the outside. At the very top of the tower the wind howled as even rain started to trickle to the earth. Kogami looked up when he noticed rain started to fall. Sephiroth would speak to him at this very moment and the man would close his eyes, dragging him into a state of thought. A few moments would pass before he'd move his head back and opened his eyes towards the Lunarian.

" Our world needs order. Those that aim to destroy that frail balance are a threat far beyond the Yonko. And you're the very epitome of that threat. " Kogami would say while loosening the tie around his neck and eventually getting rid of his suit jacket and under shirt. Now with a bare upper chest Sephiroth would notice various wounds that were sewed shut combined with injection marks. Kogami was one of those superhumans they mention a few moments ago. It did indeed explain his remarkable jump in ability. But there was no indication that he had turned into a Lunarian or had acquired their DNA.

"Yonko, Warlords, Admirals. Perhaps not all of them realize it but they keep our world in balance. It is why the revolutionaries are the most dangerous threat our world has. For they want to change our entire order. And just like you, they want for chaos. Which is something I simply cannot allow."

Kogami would say before moving his right hand, with its thumb extended, and moved it towards the centre of his chest.

"Seimei Kikan Ogi: Shinma."

What followed next would be the sound of a heart pounding louder and louder. Like an engine gearing up. Sephiroth would also notice that Kogami's skin became extremely vascular. Every line and gateway of his blood vessels became instantly clear through his skin. The skin itself turned bright red, steam radiating from his body. His hair would shoot up as if under static electricity. Air would flow outwards, sending out pressure all at once. The Lunarian, with his mantra, would feel it. This was a stark increase in power.

"I have seen a glimpse of a world without order. I will stake my life on preventing that."

"Finally." A voice spoke from the office.
Life Return Secret technique: Divine Demon
Divine Demon involves overclocking the heart's cardiovascular output to rapidly boost their metabolic rate. The result increases their velocity, acceleration, torque and, consequently, their damage output. Because of its effects, it is usually used as a trump card.

While using Divine Demon, the user's heartbeat grows loud enough to be heard from a distance, their body becomes extremely vascular, with their blood vessels becoming noticeably visible on the surface of their skin and also causing the user's skin to become red, the user's hair begins to float and flare in the air (similar to static hair), the user also maintains a feral smile across their face. The technique also causes a shift in personality to where they can eventually become a mindless berserker. The technique has three "stages" that determine the level of power gained

Runs for 5 turns. Turn one activates next post.

Turn 1 = First Gear
Turn 2 and 3 = Second Gear
Turn 3, 4,5 = Third Gear aka Full Throttle

Each gear gives +5 in physical stats.

After turn 5 the body activates an emergency stop = -15 points in all physical abilities. On top of already sustained damage during Divine Demon.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth questioned the agent's very purpose of living, asking him why he was so content being used as a pawn in someone else's game. A follower to someone above him. The agent closed his eyes momentarily, before giving his answer, the rain, very slowly, intensifiying. Balance. The world needed it. And the Yonkou, Shichibukai and Marines provided it. Those on the outside, such as the Revolutionaries, or Sephiroth himself, as categorized by the agent, were a threat to that balance. Sephiroth grit his teeth, in disbelief of the agent's thoughts. It was incredible how misunderstood the races were among one another, each following their own set of beliefs, unwilling of change. Tightening the grip on his sword, Sephiroth spoke, angrily.

Tsch... preposterous... A man that just wants to live in seclusion, somewhere up in the sky. And yet, he is seen as a threat that needs to be eliminated. Brainwashed monkey.

Sephiroth said, his last words starkly angry. He would not lose any more time here. There was no convincing the agent, in Sephiroth's mind. The agent tapped the center of his chest with his thumb, and suddenly, he underwent a transformation. What followed next would be the sound of a heart pounding louder and louder. Sephiroth would also notice that the agent's skin became extremely vascular. Every line and gateway of his blood vessels became instantly clear through his skin. The skin itself turned bright red, steam radiating from his body. His hair would shoot up as if under static electricity. The agent was a living weapon.

Sephiroth, already charging toward the agent, stepped it up a notch. Flapping his wings mid-charge, Sephiroth accelerated, closing the distance nigh instantly. Once in front of the agent, Sephiroth hurled his free left arm forward, Ignition burning, clad with invisible Busou-shoku no Haki. Sephiroth unleashed a powerful fire punch, aiming to slam it into the agent's body. On contact, fire would erupt.

Ignition Fist...!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2
Turn one of Divine Demon

Tsch... preposterous... A man that just wants to live in seclusion, somewhere up in the sky. And yet, he is seen as a threat that needs to be eliminated. Brainwashed monkey.
"You're more naive than I thought if you honestly believe that. If that was truly your wish you'd have left this facility when you escaped. But instead you fought Shion and Totomi. And even pushed through in search of revenge. It's what Gendo wants you to be. A herald to the apocalypse of our world."

Kogami said, revealing that he was the one to have ended his former colleague. Perhaps out of order or own free will. Only the agent himself knew. Time for idle was over as Sephiroth hurled himself forward. A punch out of rage was aimed towards the Agent. Kogami, however, sported a wicked grin. Something that was quite out of character for the usually stoic agent. His body relaxed as he twisted his upper body, moving it parallel to the arm that punched and out of the way from whichever hand wielded the sword.

"Kami-e"
First gear

Reaction Speed: 71+5 +16(kamie)
= 92

In truth, Kogami would dodge so that, in the end, the Lunarian's shoulder would move besides him. Kogami wanted to prevent him dodging into a sword strike or a parry from Sephiroth's other arm. Moving towards the shoulder of the punching arm, gave him a sense of certainty. There were other factors for defence, of course. But a direct physical confrontation at this point seemed highly unlikely. At least from the agent's perspective. While the agent's punch continued and whiffed air Kogami at that point went for a quick and powerful counter with his left hand. From Sephiroth's side a punch with the strength of a boulder was launched, straight at his face. Whipped out with the speed of a shigan.

"Jugon!"

81-100: 3. Large Building Level +2(B) +2(haki) = 7. Mountain Level
The picture isn't a one to one representation of our current positioning. Depending on whatever hand Sephiroth used to punch, Kogami is standing to the side of the outstretched arm. So he isn't ducking below it like in the image. Figured to clarify it that. It's just to illustrate the counter.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sephiroth had pushed off of the ground and flapped his wings, accelerating toward Kogami with great speed. Once in range, the sword still in his right hand and clad with black Busou-shoku no Haki and Lunarian fire, remained passive, while Sephiroth's other hand, his left, came forward in the form of a powerful punch, raging with Ignition. Kogami utilized yet another one of his strange martial arts techniques, increasing the flexibility of his body and using that to avoid Sephiroth's punch, while simultaneously moving to Sephiroth's left, to the outside of his punching arm. From there, Kogami countered with a powerful punch toward Sephiroth's face, using his left hand. Sephiroth hurled his head forward, meeting the punch head on with a gritty headbutt, imbued with black Busou-shoku no Haki.

Agent's DPR: 81-100: 3. Large Building Level + B:+2 + COA: +2 = 7. Mountain Level

Sephiroth's Durability: 81-100: 5. Town Level + COA: +2 = 7. Mountain Level

Blood ran down Sephiroth's forehead as he himself went on the counterattack. Pivoting on his left foot, Sephiroth spun toward Kogami, who was on his left, and elevated his right leg into a powerful spinning knee strike, aimed straight for Kogami's exposed stomach. Black Busou-shoku no Haki clad the knee, and Ignition fire enhanced it, unleashing a powerful flaming kick that aimed to blow Kogami away.

Ignition Kick...!

As the two men exchanged blows, the rain started to pick up more and more. It was still not a squall, but soon, it would be.

81-100: 3. Large Building Level + A:+3 + COA: +2 = 8. Island Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CP2
Turn Two of Divine Demon

Second Gear

The counter flew and Sephiroth clashed against it with what was perhaps his only card to play in this situation. A headbutt flew towards the incoming punch, trying to mitigate the damage as much as possible. Haki would shield his head to the best of its abilities. The punch would hit and perhaps force the Lunarian's head back with a snap, but that would not deter the man from retaliating. With a quick spin on his foot Sephiroth would spin and try to force a powerful knee strike towards Kogami's abdomen. The agent would sport another wicked grin once more.

"Tekkai!"
85 Base durability +5(first gear) +5 (second gear) = 95 +16

101-119: 6. City Level + 2(haki) = 8. Island Level
DPR equal to dura: normal damage

The kick would hit its target, digging deep into Kogami's flesh who'd be pushed back. But not as much as Sephiroth would've wished to happen. Even he at that moment could notice the changes this form brought for the agent. His body was a lot harder to hit than it was previously when he had used this attack. Even the result of his attack wasn't as destructive as his previous attempt to break through this tekkai ability. A large bruise was on the agent's stomach but besides that he didn't seem to have received significant damage.

Still Kogami was launched for perhaps a meter or two into the air, using that momentum to flip and land on his feet once more. A skid for a meter would finally bring him to a stop. There the man would pull his back straight and widened both his hands, finger nails shifting into claws through his mastery over life return. His head would move towards the sky as rain continued to trickle down.

"This form...I feel so...alive! Damn that stormblessed, he's a genius! But also a fool for making this a forbidden move."

Kogami said obviously in a state similar to being high from a drug. A grim side effect from using divine demon. Kogami then would lower his back and leaned slightly forward, preparing himself for an attack.

"Soru!"
71(+10 from G1&2) +16
Movement speed, one tier higher than usual.

And then Kogami simply vanished with speed that was perhaps the fastest that Sephiroth had experienced up until now. The man was nearly blurring due to the acceleration he was flying at. Like a snap Kogami would be in front of his opponent with his arms already in the middle of their forward movement. Both hands were together aiming to pierce Sephiroth's chest with all ten of his fingers, now sharpened to the claws of an animal. Both his hands coated black with haki as well.

"Jusshigan!"

In the event of a parry Sephiroth would note that Kogami was getting stronger in the physical strength department as well. Did this form have a ceiling?

81-100: 3. Large Building Level +3(A) +2(Haki) = 8. Island Level

Top Bottom