Comic Books General Comic Book Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I only read X-men
other than Lee's early X-Men, Grant Morrisons X-Men and Chris Claremonts other X-Men since were garbage until Hickman came along

Not forgetting Remenders run on Uncanny X-Force

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
DC is kinda boring for thz moment. Batman Vs his pops blabla
Please don't judge the entire DCU on Tom King's Batman run, arguably the worst Batman run in history lol

Morrison's doing good stuff with Green Lantern, Snyder is killing it with one of the greatest Justice League runs ever. Bendis is doing okay with Superman/Leviathan/Young Justice, not the best run but still better than most of Marvel's stuff right now. I could go on.
I lost interest in Marvel since they got rid of so many good writers but Immortal Hulk and Hickman's run other than that there's nothing else worth it as i aint a fan of most of their other series.
Only thing Marvel has going for them is X-Men, I also think Avengers is decent but nothing to brag about. A lot of people hype up Immortal Hulk too but I think it's a massive snooze-fest tbh lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hickman is killing it at Marvel though Jason Aaron messed up with War of the Realms though had a good lead up to that the event itself was garbage.

Everyone else at Marvel other than Ewing are not really known or not really good writers
[automerge]1571705479[/automerge]
DC going full dark next week with:

Basketful of Heads #1 by Joe Hill
Tales of the Dark Universe #2

Also

The Last God #1 by Phillip Johnson
Sandman Presents Hellblazer #1
[automerge]1572338321[/automerge]
@Frayz

Have you read Fables?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Absolute got announced for 2020 and Absolute Swamp Thing Vol 2 by Alan Moore too
I mostly just look out for new stuff now but there usually isn't many much good stuff outside of DC and Marvel lol, Undiscovered Country by Snyder and Soule looks pretty good though

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I mostly just look out for new stuff now but there usually isn't many much good stuff outside of DC and Marvel lol, Undiscovered Country by Snyder and Soule looks pretty good though

Invincibles from Image
Spawn
Transformers IDW
TMNT IDW
Black Hammer Universe by Jeff Lemire
Valiant Universe including Blood Shot and X-O Manowar
Hellboy and the Mike Magnola's Universe
Fear Agent
Power Rangers Year 1 and 2
Locke and Key
Wicked and the Divine
DIE DIE DIE
Killed or Be Killed

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Invincibles from Image
Spawn
Transformers IDW
TMNT IDW
Black Hammer Universe by Jeff Lemire
Valiant Universe including Blood Shot and X-O Manowar
Hellboy and the Mike Magnola's Universe
Fear Agent
Power Rangers Year 1 and 2
Locke and Key
Wicked and the Divine
DIE DIE DIE
Killed or Be Killed
Yeah, those look good but Ionger series feel like a chore to catch up on these days lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah, those look good but Ionger series feel like a chore to catch up on these days lol
worse problem is if the book is OOP then its a utter nightmare.

Eg: Fear Agent Library Editions are long OOP + even the Spawn Origins Deluxe Editions

Though despite saying that they are a pretty fun read compared to modern now comic runs

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Though despite saying that they are a pretty fun read compared to modern now comic runs
Yeah most of the time, the only thing I'm reading outside of Marvel and DC atm is Hit-Girl lol

Out of the ones you mentioned though, I'll probably check out DIE³ and the new volume of Transformers since they both don't have a too many chapters. I'm familiar enough with Power Rangers and TMNT that I think I could probably just jump into their current arcs.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah most of the time, the only thing I'm reading outside of Marvel and DC atm is Hit-Girl lol

Out of the ones you mentioned though, I'll probably check out DIE³ and the new volume of Transformers since they both don't have a too many chapters. I'm familiar enough with Power Rangers and TMNT that I think I could probably just jump into their current arcs.
HitGirl is that Frank Millar run right?
I miss Sin City lol, i should have brought that Big Damn Sin City Omni a while back now its OOP

Though yeah Invincible you could read as there will be a new animation of it soon on Amazon to compete with the new Devil May Cry animation on Netflix.

I may try to get myself into Umagi Yojimbo as its something i may enjoy as its like One Piece though Zoro as the main character lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Millar wrote first arc of it but it's Kevin Smith writing the current story
oh right, i was never that interested in that run tbf.
Good concept when you read it but i dunno it wasn't my cup of tea.

btw they are releasing Frank Millar's entire Dark Knight run as a Absolute.
[automerge]1572687915[/automerge]
@Frayz you collect via Issues / Run / Custom / HC or TBP or its many variations?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Frayz you collect via Issues / Run / Custom / HC or TBP or its many variations?
I don't really collect them at all but I do have a few odd issues. I mostly just read them online because there's literally no comic shops where I live and I cbf traveling to the city just for comics lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't really collect them at all but I do have a few odd issues. I mostly just read them online because there's literally no comic shops where I live and I cbf traveling to the city just for comics lol
An option would be you could purchase it via TPB route, if your in the states via Instocktrades or Worldwide check Wordery or Bookdepositary as they always have price reductions and etc on them

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
An option would be you could purchase it via TPB route, if your in the states via Instocktrades or Worldwide check Wordery or Bookdepositary as they always have price reductions and etc on them
Yeah that makes way more sense for me tbh, I'd probably have to pay that much for just a couple of issues anyway considering that it's nearly $20 travel and a single issue costs almost $10 :ROFLMAO:
[automerge]1572698204[/automerge]
I've been thinking about this 5G and it could be decent if they execute it right and don't replace heroes, just add them lol

For example there should be a semi-retired Bruce because of his happiness with Selina or whatever but oversees, Dick in the League, Luke Fox in Gotham etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah that makes way more sense for me tbh, I'd probably have to pay that much for just a couple of issues anyway considering that it's nearly $20 travel and a single issue costs almost $10 :ROFLMAO:
[automerge]1572698204[/automerge]
I've been thinking about this 5G and it could be decent if they execute it right and don't replace heroes, just add them lol

For example there should be a semi-retired Bruce because of his happiness with Selina or whatever but oversees, Dick in the League, Luke Fox in Gotham etc
problem is OOP volumes or runs
[automerge]1572698683[/automerge]

5G wise at least its better than Marvel by doing it by force except the 1-2 like X-23

Top Bottom