Comic Books General Comic Book Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You reading any of the other X-books? X-Men is a decent read but the current anthology like style makes it seem like it's not that important but that will probably change since Hickman is writing it himself. I wasn't a big fan of any of the others though after checking out the first issues lol
The main X-Men
The Marauders, Kitty is a badass !
And X-Force
I find the three others not good enough even if you have Apocalypse in one T^T

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I gotta admit that writing 85 issues of Batman is an accomplishment but when they're written by Tom King, reading those very same 85 issues is a much bigger accomplishment. Not even the last issue redeems his run :ROFLMAO:
If you read his run through TPB's its a okay run, that starts off okay and ends on an okay. He made Bane a threat though thats what i gotta give him, but other than that didn't enjoy the whole Bat and the Cat. But thats likely he's given the run on the Batman/Catman run after this.

I hope Tyninan does a good job as that ending was a nice hype for his run.
probably change since Hickman is writing it himself.
Havent read the entire HoX/PoX run yet, but hoping once an Omni or OHC comes out i'll give a good read then

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
but other than that didn't enjoy the whole Bat and the Cat.
Bat and Cat is okay tbh, Tom King just made it unbearable when everything became about her. He barely even sheds a tear for Alfred or Dick but Selina leaves him and it's 30 issues of Emo Batman lol
[automerge]1577053984[/automerge]
Okay, I'm starting to have some luck with non DC/Marvel comics. Valiant's Rai/The Visitor both seem promising, Undiscovered Country is as good as I was hoping and my favourite out of the lot 'Heist, Or How to Steal A Planet' really surprised me since I hadn't even heard of Vault Comics before lol
[automerge]1578035707[/automerge]
@Gintoki I just figured out my local hock (pawn) shop sells comics lol

Got the Ghost Rider 50th issue special for $2.50, the foil cover looks awesome. I'll have to go back and have a better look through them later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh how much i would love to own Disney and WB right now

I wonder when we may see another Amalgam Universe limited series, if we do i hope Alex Ross is on art with Jim Lee.
@Gintoki I just figured out my local hock (pawn) shop sells comics lol

Got the Ghost Rider 50th issue special for $2.50, the foil cover looks awesome. I'll have to go back and have a better look through them later.
awesome news (y)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh how much i would love to own Disney and WB right now

I wonder when we may see another Amalgam Universe limited series, if we do i hope Alex Ross is on art with Jim Lee.
I hope the Secret Crisis reference in Doomsday Clock becomes reality, DC vs Marvel vs Amalgam or something lol

Batman vs Wolverine vs Dark Claw etc

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've kind of been down on comics since Invincible ended. Reread the Boys tie-in material which wasn't that good (except for Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker) and reread a bunch of older Action Comics stuff

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've kind of been down on comics since Invincible ended. Reread the Boys tie-in material which wasn't that good (except for Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker) and reread a bunch of older Action Comics stuff
Invincible always looked okay to me, it's just too many issues for my liking lol

@Emperor Cross did you read Incoming at all?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I’m lost on everything that concern tbh. I
well the main takeaway is that the Kree and Skrull have unified against Earth under the leadership of Hulkling (a hybrid of the two races), usually they're at war with each other with Earth often caught in the middle so it's a big deal that they've joined forces lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Invincible always looked okay to me, it's just too many issues for my liking lol

@Emperor Cross did you read Incoming at all?
I always thought of it as the comic book version of a manga. I'd really like to see a few more superhero books actually do the same thing as Invincible (I know about Savage Dragon, but right after issue 100 it just went from good to his personal erotic fantasy and the same thing goes for that Ant character that was interesting until she got bought by him )
[automerge]1578302229[/automerge]
well the main takeaway is that the Kree and Skrull have unified against Earth under the leadership of Hulkling (a hybrid of the two races), usually they're at war with each other with Earth often caught in the middle so it's a big deal that they've joined forces lol
I can't stand Hulkling since it's a waste of the name Hulkling. The character isn't related to the Hulk at all. He's just Wiccan's alien boyfriend and they never even do anything with that really

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I can't stand Hulkling since it's a waste of the name Hulkling. The character isn't related to the Hulk at all. He's just Wiccan's alien boyfriend and they never even do anything with that really
Yeah I agree. They should've just called him something else lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All Marvel are doing is basing all the strong characters either on Earth, Asgard (or wherever it is) and Krakoa.

iirc Kree and Skrulls should be able to decimate most of the population on earth but nope, we get a shit head called Cap America and Batman wannabie Iron Man to the rescue.

Calling some race "Hulking" is a cop out and then the symbiotes, i would have preferred something way better but even War of the Realms was a huge dud on the head in boredom. Absolute Carnage was a yawn.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All Marvel are doing is basing all the strong characters either on Earth, Asgard (or wherever it is) and Krakoa.

iirc Kree and Skrulls should be able to decimate most of the population on earth but nope, we get a shit head called Cap America and Batman wannabie Iron Man to the rescue.

Calling some race "Hulking" is a cop out and then the symbiotes, i would have preferred something way better but even War of the Realms was a huge dud on the head in boredom. Absolute Carnage was a yawn.
A few of the storylines looked interesting enough imo so I'll probably check some out.

At least they seem to have some kind of plan now without relying on company wide relaunches so much lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A few of the storylines looked interesting enough imo so I'll probably check some out.

At least they seem to have some kind of plan now without relying on company wide relaunches so much lol
Honestly, the Kree probably would've benefited from being a little more powerful or having their own set of superheroes. Pretty sure it'd be a breath of fresh air. I mean... isn't Gladiator basically an expy of Superman? (Ik Sentry, Hyperion and Blue Marvel are... but I'm talking off planet).

Heck, it'd be neat to see the Skrulls have their own heroes besides Super-Skrull. Just say something went weird with their molecular structure so they can't be mimicked by other Skrulls.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Honestly, the Kree probably would've benefited from being a little more powerful or having their own set of superheroes. Pretty sure it'd be a breath of fresh air. I mean... isn't Gladiator basically an expy of Superman? (Ik Sentry, Hyperion and Blue Marvel are... but I'm talking off planet).

Heck, it'd be neat to see the Skrulls have their own heroes besides Super-Skrull. Just say something went weird with their molecular structure so they can't be mimicked by other Skrulls.
I'm not super familiar with the Skrulls or Kree outside of the basics tbh as I've always found it hard to jump into Marvel Comics, Hickman made it pretty easy for the X-Men side of things and I'm using Incoming for the rest lol

I hadn't even heard of Hulkling until I read it. Al Ewing has been getting a lot of praise for his Immortal Hulk run though so it's probably worth giving a shot imo lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I hadn't even heard of Hulkling until I read it. Al Ewing has been getting a lot of praise for his Immortal Hulk run though so it's probably worth giving a shot imo lol
from what i've heard its a good run but some are saying "wtf" and prefer the hickmans run as we all know hickman is the best at what he does.
[automerge]1578329663[/automerge]
Gladiator
The Shi'ar's need Emperor Vulcan and relegate Gladtiaor as his number 2, as after Vulcan got brought back his memories should return too.

I hope this time he murders Blackbolt and the useless Inhumans

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
from what i've heard its a good run but some are saying "wtf" and prefer the hickmans run as we all know hickman is the best at what he does.
[automerge]1578329663[/automerge]

The Shi'ar's need Emperor Vulcan and relegate Gladtiaor as his number 2, as after Vulcan got brought back his memories should return too.

I hope this time he murders Blackbolt and the useless Inhumans
Vulcan is Wolverine’s new best friend

Top Bottom