Comic Books General Comic Book Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
3J ending was subpar >.>
I found 3 jokers ending pretty good as it brings so many stories and a whole new lore and origin of joker. It brings many questions as whats the identity of the joker? Especially since batman knows.

Also the peace between batman and Joe chill and the death of Joe.

Though wished they kept the Comedian and the Criminal both. As the criminal is the most interesting Joker.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As a member of Team Jason. I’m good wiith him. But that whole ending with the paper and the janitor. Or Batsy telling the secret to Alfy...
Why did he need the Mobius Chair then ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As a member of Team Jason. I’m good wiith him. But that whole ending with the paper and the janitor. Or Batsy telling the secret to Alfy...
Why did he need the Mobius Chair then ?
That whole paper and the janitor was a means do we start Jason and Barbara shipping. The janitor walked passed and brushed against it and got rid of it. So we will never get that shipping moving into a batman, red hood or batgirl issue.

Mobius chair was only used for who the joker is which looking back at how long Bruce knew, kinda looks pointless. But it was used to drag the story as who is the joker. So it won't take that long before we get a name.

If anything the 3 jokers was a good story tbf

Just hope they mention bits within the red hood, batgirl and actually batman comics of what occurred. As we ain't getting Joker popping up for a while now.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That whole paper and the janitor was a means do we start Jason and Barbara shipping. The janitor walked passed and brushed against it and got rid of it. So we will never get that shipping moving into a batman, red hood or batgirl issue.

Mobius chair was only used for who the joker is which looking back at how long Bruce knew, kinda looks pointless. But it was used to drag the story as who is the joker. So it won't take that long before we get a name.

If anything the 3 jokers was a good story tbf

Just hope they mention bits within the red hood, batgirl and actually batman comics of what occurred. As we ain't getting Joker popping up for a while now.
Hood is coming back to Gotham so you are going to have interactions between the three of them

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You glossed over Damian Wayne conveniently. :datea:

Jason Todd has gathered a cult-following despite being hated from beginning by the fan-base. Tim Drake literally replaced his ass after the community voted to have Jason killed. They brought him back and told a handful of badass stories with him (INCLUDING A MOVIE, something Grayson doesn't even have).
His character arc is more-or-less complete. He has been in stuff since then, there's just to a lot of need for him. He's Dick Grayson if he dressed like Shadow the Hedgehog bro.
Damian Wayne was one of the main characters for that Lazarus event. Maybe last year or two years ago dunno. While they could have centered it around people that were dipped in that thing. He has a comic with Bruce but shit ain't good. Character ain't evolving, just a blind faith in Bruce/Zur as of now.

Everything cannot be ! Oh ! We made a movie on Red Hood. That movie was fine but where are we with the character ? Where does Jason Todd stand ? What's the plan they have for him ? They can't even say. The webcomic was axed iirc. 😭😭😭

Tim in Batman TS is basically a copy of JT. They did not call that robin Jason because JT dies.

What's the plan for Damian too ? We dunno.

Last big event they promised us Nightwing leading everything. 😭😭

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The character arc ain't complete. Joker is alive. Broski and Batman are still at odds.
We don't even talk about the All-Blades, Talia or the other outlaws.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The character arc ain't complete. Joker is alive. Broski and Batman are still at odds.
You can see EXACTLY how his story plays out for killing the Joker though- You get to see what happens when Batman kills The Joker in like 100 different comics. Jason is intended to be the outcast of the Bat Family.

I guess I'm starting to understand your point (assuming your point is wanting more drastic main timeline changes), but I disagree with it being an issue. The whole magic of these comics in my opinion IS the alternate universes where those drastic changes do happen and are canon to the multiverse.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What I want to say is that most of the time when something big happens, the new author just erases it. Which creates more problems with the characters.

RHATO 25 was Red Hood being beaten to deathfor « killing » Penguin. While RHATO(2016) first issue was about the same thing. But RHATO 27 is them hugging it out line nothing happened.

They keep tiptoeing around characters and all that shit. And nothing changes year in and out while you have great casting tho.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What I want to say is that most of the time when something big happens, the new author just erases it. Which creates more problems with the characters.
Well that's a general issue with retcons and lite-retcons.

you have great casting tho
Yeah, I prefer DC characters; the actual stories told are more-or-less comparable.
Characters and rewritten constantly, it's like commedia dell'arte. Marvel does that quite a bit too, especially with the Avengers. I don't see it as a bad thing.
Runs are enclosed stories and don't always need to carry over. Western superhero comics aren't manga.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Deadpool only recently became a mutant and that required him getting a new body. Deadpool was not a mutant, he was similar to Captain America; his powers were given to him he didn't have them at birth.

He had cancer and got experimented on, so now his cells hyper-replicate essentially and give him an insane healing factor.

@FELI D AEROM

@Emperor Cross
Deadpool was not a mutant. :dogkek: Fake-ass fan.
He got his healing factor from Wolverine, right? So if he got Wolvies X-Gene, any mutant detecting technology would detect him as one, right?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
OG MAR VELLFEMALE VERSION IN MOVIE
I don't care about that character at all, but I thought that the change they made was appropriate for the story they wanted to tell. (They didn't tell it very well, but that's not because Ma Velma was a woman)

If comic purists insist, she could totally have a brother that's the correct gender and the OG Captain Marvel Entertainment, LLC..

Or they can use their "Get out of Plotholes for free" card, and introduce an alternate version from a different timeline/universe/dimension. 🤮

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It does in the movie.
Deadpool isn’t a mutant in the comics, in the movies his powers come from a serum that activates “dormant mutant genes” in his body, meaning he is a mutant exclusively in this continuity. *and after Krakoa.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Deadpool isn’t a mutant in the comics, in the movies his powers come from a serum that activates “dormant mutant genes” in his body, meaning he is a mutant exclusively in this continuity. *and after Krakoa.
Or at least that's what I found when I looked it up- I never watched the Deadpool movies. I don't really watch comic book movies as a rule, at least not live-action ones.

Top Bottom