Comic Books General Comic Book Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wished DC picked him up and had him write Batman + Detective Comics, they would be the best runs ever since Millar's run.
Apparently his only dream projects after X-Men are at DC so who knows, maybe in a few years lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wolverine Omni 1 getting a reprint so is Silver Age Silver Surfer and Astonishing X Men.

Other than that I need to upload my comic collection someday
[automerge]1568821645[/automerge]
Holy Shit, Hickman and Apocalypse joins the X-Men :eek: :eek:

F Jojo Bizarre Adventure, Berserk, Kingdom and One Piece we need more Hickman
[automerge]1569112469[/automerge]
@Frayz have you read Barrier by Brian K. Vaughan?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So James Tynion IV is the new Batman writer. Probably wouldn't be my first choice but his work is decent so there's potential there for a good book still.
@Frayz have you read Barrier by Brian K. Vaughan
Nah, what's it about?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So James Tynion IV is the new Batman writer. Probably wouldn't be my first choice but his work is decent so there's potential there for a good book still.

Nah, what's it about?
I really don't mind James writing as he did co-write the New 52 with Sneyder. Though glad it's not Bendis.

It's a real good run apparently and a short 5 issue book that is given a limited edition OHC

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Though glad it's not Bendis.
Bendis actually writes Batman pretty well though lol
[automerge]1569169652[/automerge]
It's a real good run apparently and a short 5 issue book that is given a limited edition OHC
I read a description on it, not sure if it's my kind of story though, is it more than just a story about illegal immigration? It does say it's a sci-fi lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Bendis actually writes Batman pretty well though lol
he does but i would prefer someone like Geoff Johns to write him or Sneyder but from what i heard Sneyder wants to take a break and he's writing Year of the Villain.

If it's not either of them then i want someone better than Bendis, dont get me wrong he's good but i dont see him developing the bat any further as i would prefer someone who can write.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
he does but i would prefer someone like Geoff Johns to write him or Sneyder but from what i heard Sneyder wants to take a break and he's writing Year of the Villain.
Bendis isnt my preferred writer for him either but it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world if it were to stop him writing Superman lol. Bendis might be better suited for Green Arrow though in my opinion.

I don't know how much time Johns has these days, given most of his recent stuff keeps coming late and his TV/movie commitments. He could always do more limited series like Three Jokers anyway, same as Snyder honestly but I'd rather see him do other characters after his Justice League run is finished, maybe he can do the rest of the Bat-family some justice lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Bendis isnt my preferred writer for him either but it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world if it were to stop him writing Superman lol. Bendis might be better suited for Green Arrow though in my opinion.

I don't know how much time Johns has these days, given most of his recent stuff keeps coming late and his TV/movie commitments. He could always do more limited series like Three Jokers anyway, same as Snyder honestly but I'd rather see him do other characters after his Justice League run is finished, maybe he can do the rest of the Bat-family some justice lol
The best writer for Batman would either be Johns or Sneyder and make it a long run.

Problem is DC dont have that many good writers after Geoff Johns, as Sneyder would be second if we arent counting Neil Gaiman's Sandman Universe as he's only overlooking it.

Bendis is good but i would prefer if he wrote someone a bit unknown like Sideways, so it will be Miles Morales Ultimate Spidey run for DC and maybe the Terrifics and Brimstone

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The best writer for Batman would either be Johns or Sneyder and make it a long run.

Problem is DC dont have that many good writers after Geoff Johns, as Sneyder would be second if we arent counting Neil Gaiman's Sandman Universe as he's only overlooking it.

Bendis is good but i would prefer if he wrote someone a bit unknown like Sideways, so it will be Miles Morales Ultimate Spidey run for DC and maybe the Terrifics and Brimstone
There'll probably be some other creative shakeups after Doomsday Clock/YotV/Event Leviathan so it'll be interesting to see lol. My only real hope is that King is put on a leash, god imagine if he got full control over the League;

(Hal enters the Hall of Justice)
Hal: I'm finally back from Corps business. Where are the others?

Barry: Bruce still isn't over Selina, Clark won't leave the fortress because he's depressed about his son leaving. Hell, any minute now my past self will show up to murder me and frame the other leaguers.

Hal: Well shit, I picked the wrong day to leave Oa.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There'll probably be some other creative shakeups after Doomsday Clock/YotV/Event Leviathan so it'll be interesting to see lol. My only real hope is that King is put on a leash, god imagine if he got full control over the League;

(Hal enters the Hall of Justice)
Hal: I'm finally back from Corps business. Where are the others?

Barry: Bruce still isn't over Selina, Clark won't leave the fortress because he's depressed about his son leaving. Hell, any minute now my past self will show up to murder me and frame the other leaguers.

Hal: Well shit, I picked the wrong day to leave Oa.
King is a good writer as he's made Bane what he was, but he's done it at a huge cost.

imo it would be better giving Tom King a run on the lesser series like Sideways / Brimstone / Terrifics / Electric Warriors / Dial H for Hero

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
King is a good writer as he's made Bane what he was, but he's done it at a huge cost.

imo it would be better giving Tom King a run on the lesser series like Sideways / Brimstone / Terrifics / Electric Warriors / Dial H for Hero
Bane is like the one exception of his entire run and even he was written badly at times, like I don't think him being naked was necessary in that one arc. I was going to drop it but by that time it was announced he only had like 10+ issues left so I thought I'd see how it ends at least. I'm not going to read anything else written by him though lol
[automerge]1570047350[/automerge]
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10/02/long-read-a-great-big-doomsday-clock-dc-comics-conspiracy-theory/

Holy shit, this is crazy how I missed so many of these connections. Doomsday Clock Firestorm and Heroes in Crisis Wally is the most promising parallel.
[automerge]1570887710[/automerge]
@Gintoki have you heard the DC 5G rumours? It sounds like it'll be really bad. The concept might be good if they chose the right replacements but so far, every single choice sucks.

Like Luke Fox as Batman? No thanks, that cowl should be Dick's or Tim's and Luke could take the mantle of Nightwing or something.

Jon Kent as the new Superman? Before Damian is Batman? What the actual fuck?

Teen Lantern replacing Hal Jordan as Earth's main lantern, will the Guardians be all like “this random kid with zero experience hacked into our battery Hal, you don't need to worry about Earth anymore.” lol

Apparently WW, Flash, Aquaman are getting the same treatment too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Can't wait to start hauling some comics as in Omni's / Complete Collections / Absolutes / Library Editions

@Gintoki have you heard the DC 5G rumours? It sounds like it'll be really bad. The concept might be good if they chose the right replacements but so far, every single choice sucks.
just seen a vid of that though the first 2 Gen's are okay and they using Gen is different and they wanna differentiate to Marvels way of continuity.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
just seen a vid of that though the first 2 Gen's are okay and they using Gen is different and they wanna differentiate to Marvels way of continuity
Yeah the way they've organised all of their continuity into a timeline of four Generations is an interesting idea. It's just that the idea of a fifth gen with company wide replacements that make very little sense just for the sake of it rubs me the wrong way. The rumours say it'll be a 2021 thing after a 2020 crisis though so maybe it will make sense then lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah the way they've organised all of their continuity into a timeline of four Generations is an interesting idea. It's just that the idea of a fifth gen with company wide replacements that make very little sense just for the sake of it rubs me the wrong way. The rumours say it'll be a 2021 thing after a 2020 crisis though so maybe it will make sense then lol
so what do you think the next crisis will be called after "Heroes in Crisis" maybe "Crisis in Heroes"? lol

But yeah i see the only reason they doing another crisis event is to get Bruce off and out of Batman or to play a supportive role as we know he maybe involved in trying to get Alfred back maybe. I hope Thomas Wayne and Catman join him on this.

I hope Batman who Laughs is NOT the villain for the next Crisis event, if anything i would rather see someone different or someone that came over from the Dark Multiverse which threatens the entire Multiverse (which also includes Heaven, Hell and all the other dimensions and realms). Like in Dark Knight Metal we had Dream come to Bat and Supes, i wanna see the biggest team up with the biggest deaths or tragedies too (so say Bruce gets heavily injured so takes time off and misses Alfred so we see a separate side series for him or maybe Thomas Wayne who was a prick to his own son sacrifices his life for him promising Bruce to remove him from Batman and pass the torch on)

I would love to see The Presence even involved, Spectre, Constantine, Swamp Thing and many of these Cosmic guys involved including Darkseid and Anti-Monitor (rebirth) as well as Nekron. If i was to include all these i would also include Lucifer, whoever governs Heaven and the Endless involved.

I want this Crisis to be a full scale war not with 1 person but a team of members (maybe a team of Dark Monitors from the Dark Multiverse) as they sensed the upside down man and perputa (i forgot her name) are down it means they invade the main universe.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
so what do you think the next crisis will be called after "Heroes in Crisis" maybe "Crisis in Heroes"? lol

But yeah i see the only reason they doing another crisis event is to get Bruce off and out of Batman or to play a supportive role as we know he maybe involved in trying to get Alfred back maybe. I hope Thomas Wayne and Catman join him on this.

I hope Batman who Laughs is NOT the villain for the next Crisis event, if anything i would rather see someone different or someone that came over from the Dark Multiverse which threatens the entire Multiverse (which also includes Heaven, Hell and all the other dimensions and realms). Like in Dark Knight Metal we had Dream come to Bat and Supes, i wanna see the biggest team up with the biggest deaths or tragedies too (so say Bruce gets heavily injured so takes time off and misses Alfred so we see a separate side series for him or maybe Thomas Wayne who was a prick to his own son sacrifices his life for him promising Bruce to remove him from Batman and pass the torch on)

I would love to see The Presence even involved, Spectre, Constantine, Swamp Thing and many of these Cosmic guys involved including Darkseid and Anti-Monitor (rebirth) as well as Nekron. If i was to include all these i would also include Lucifer, whoever governs Heaven and the Endless involved.

I want this Crisis to be a full scale war not with 1 person but a team of members (maybe a team of Dark Monitors from the Dark Multiverse) as they sensed the upside down man and perputa (i forgot her name) are down it means they invade the main universe.
Crisis of Infinite Crises lol

Yeah I could see something like that happening, another possibility is those Omniversal judges that Perputa had to answer to before she went rogue.

Maybe the Justice League wins the Doom War but it's too late to keep the judges from wanting to destroy them so basically both sides of the War and even the other players you brought up would have to team up to save the multiverse against them.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
DC is kinda boring for thz moment. Batman Vs his pops blabla
I lost interest in Marvel since they got rid of so many good writers but Immortal Hulk and Hickman's run other than that there's nothing else worth it as i aint a fan of most of their other series.

Top Bottom