Comic Books General Comic Book Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
M
Rai was the first Valiant comic I've checked out and I thought it was a really good, I'll probably try the new Bloodshot book next since it is supposed to have really strong ties with Rai lol
my reading log and what I gotta read is stretched too far that I may not even have time to finish them all

Hence why I dropped a lot of anime and t.v. shows like demon slayer after episode 1

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
M
my reading log and what I gotta read is stretched too far that I may not even have time to finish them all

Hence why I dropped a lot of anime and t.v. shows like demon slayer after episode 1
That was my problem, at one stage I had like 700+ books on my list hence my decision to mostly try sticking to newer stuff. The last time I caught up on a major long running series was My Hero Academia and I wasn't even that into it by chapter 100 so I just ended up dropping it, I really don't want to get burned like that again :feelsbadman:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That was my problem, at one stage I had like 700+ books on my list hence my decision to mostly try sticking to newer stuff. The last time I caught up on a major long running series was My Hero Academia and I wasn't even that into it by chapter 100 so I just ended up dropping it, I really don't want to get burned like that again :feelsbadman:
i have like over 1,000 series ranging from tv shows, movies, comics, manga/manwha, webtoons, novel (light and graphic) and many more lol

last i caught up to anything was i think Beelzebub and really enjoyed it, though was burned out after that then after watching DBS i haven't watched another anime until late last year when OPM was on netflix lol
[automerge]1579731451[/automerge]
It doesn't change the facts, they never try anything new with him. Nearly every superhero reverts to the status quo eventually but Wolverine has been stuck there since he was created lol

Wolverine, in my mind, is undoubtedly the most badass mutant but also the least interesting.
i agree with you here, its with his forever origins that get some retcons and then a crappy dis service for a buffoon of a character like Cyclops or Deadpool

Even HULK is in the same vein, its like what more can you do and yes read the new run didn't think much about it

Out of the Avengers the only character you could create new stories with but they keep looping stories in repeat is Thor

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
i have like over 1,000 series ranging from tv shows, movies, comics, manga/manwha, webtoons, novel (light and graphic) and many more lol

last i caught up to anything was i think Beelzebub and really enjoyed it, though was burned out after that then after watching DBS i haven't watched another anime until late last year when OPM was on netflix lol
[automerge]1579731451[/automerge]

i agree with you here, its with his forever origins that get some retcons and then a crappy dis service for a buffoon of a character like Cyclops or Deadpool

Even HULK is in the same vein, its like what more can you do and yes read the new run didn't think much about it

Out of the Avengers the only character you could create new stories with but they keep looping stories in repeat is Thor
Yeah I don't even hate any of those characters really but unless it's a groundbreaking story I think they're best suited in team books, events, oneshots and maybe short mini series. Save the solo ongoings for decent runs of new characters or fresh takes of older characters imo

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Apocalypse is the only things that makes me read Excalibur. The man is charismatic as F :pepeking:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If I do read Lucifer, I will not be able to watch the series anymore tho.
A shame Constantine wasn’t in JL Unlimited
The TV show and Comic differ so much its recognisable, to say the least Comic Lucifer deals with the supernatural, different gods of myth and amongst others. Whereas the TV one is more grounded to earth and is more a Detective type of series, which is in the comic too but it differs in what they are doing. Detective differs in terms of TV one deals with murders and comics its more cosmic, godly and mythic ones.
[automerge]1579822844[/automerge]

So many good omni's coming soon
[automerge]1580058197[/automerge]
some awesome reprints coming this year
[automerge]1580738876[/automerge]
I hope to see a DC + Marvel crossover using what was shown in issue of Thor and Sneyder's JL

If they do i hope we get to see a 50 issue maxi series of the greatest crossover ever. Reason i say 50 instead of 5 or 6 or even 12 is simply i want this to be the greatest with the greatest minds meeting other greatest minds. I wanna see Jonathan Hickman + Scott Sneyder or Geoff Johns spear head this in writing with art done by Jim Lee or Alex Ross or Greg Capulo no other artist should be on this run.

Would love the issues to be released either 1 issue a month or 2 issues a month, with over 80 odd pages each book until the final phase maybe at least 100+ pages to wrap up the entire story

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Would love the issues to be released either 1 issue a month or 2 issues a month, with over 80 odd pages each book until the final phase maybe at least 100+ pages to wrap up the entire story
Yeah if they had all of these writers/artists working together then they could probably get away with a weekly tbh. Some of my favourite series were weeklies, especially 52 and Batman (and Robin) Eternal. I was just thinking this recently too, how good another weekly could be lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah if they had all of these writers/artists working together then they could probably get away with a weekly tbh. Some of my favourite series were weeklies, especially 52 and Batman (and Robin) Eternal. I was just thinking this recently too, how good another weekly could be lol
If anything a cross over for a entire year like the 52 series so 1 issue for a week for a whole year with the ending to be then 1 issue per month the following year which can be seen as one shots but they all lead to the ending

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If anything a cross over for a entire year like the 52 series so 1 issue for a week for a whole year with the ending to be then 1 issue per month the following year which can be seen as one shots but they all lead to the ending
My main opinion on the matter is if they do crossover, it should be treated like the biggest event either company has done without needing to suck in every single book of each.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My main opinion on the matter is if they do crossover, it should be treated like the biggest event either company has done without needing to suck in every single book of each.
i agree add it with the best of both companies and make it a once in a lifetime crossover

What would be nice is using all the previous crossovers as a means of a prequel of the final crossover of crossovers.

Make it like a Infinity Crisis of Multi-verse proportions, where even Thanos is even made to look like a bitch even with the Infinity Gauntlet, Deadpool is too and Squirrel Girl to show how serious the crossover event is and its the unlikely team up that saves the day.

Being Batman who Laughs, Booster Gold, Lex Luthor, Ozymandius, Skeletor, Scooby, Swamp Thing or Constantine and Sandman and Joker from DC/HB/Vertigo and from Marvel have it be Dr. Doom and a few others of a team that's never seen working together like imagine Doom and Magneto working together say with Carnage

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Being Batman who Laughs, Booster Gold, Lex Luthor, Ozymandius, Skeletor, Scooby, Swamp Thing or Constantine and Sandman and Joker from DC/HB/Vertigo and from Marvel have it be Dr. Doom and a few others of a team that's never seen working together like imagine Doom and Magneto working together say with Carnage
This would be kind of hilarious if they gave him a huge power up, have him claim the still empty Mobius chair so he can quickly solve mysteries without needing to 'look for clues' anymore lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This would be kind of hilarious if they gave him a huge power up, have him claim the still empty Mobius chair so he can quickly solve mysteries without needing to 'look for clues' anymore lol
they both could do with making the popular 2 characters team up such as: Carnage and Batman who Laughs. Then imagine a Infected Carnage who Laughs and BwL with a Symbiote

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The moment you forget to order the limited edition set of Metabarons and check it's almost unavailable and OoP in a matter of days

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
have him claim the still empty Mobius chair so he can quickly solve mysteries without needing to 'look for clues' anymore lol
Well there goes that idea, the Mobius Chair is no longer empty :ROFLMAO:
[automerge]1582205913[/automerge]
That X-Men/Fantastic4 serve is going to be good goooood !
Finally checked it out and damn it was good.

Never really took much notice of her before tbh but Kitty being the only one willing to actually back whatever Franklin wanted made me respect the hell out of her lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well there goes that idea, the Mobius Chair is no longer empty :ROFLMAO:
[automerge]1582205913[/automerge]

Finally checked it out and damn it was good.

Never really took much notice of her before tbh but Kitty being the only one willing to actually back whatever Franklin wanted made me respect the hell out of her lol
They did something good with her character. But
she’s dead so I don’t know what the next issues are going to be about

The Wolverine #1 is out. I liked his interactions with Jean but my man needs to go back to Ororo T^T

Top Bottom