General General Legends of Runeterra thread!

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Recently LoR opened to the public beta, did anyone play it or make good experiences with it?

I play it daily since public beta release, I love elusive and control/burst decks and I play them myself, I just love that one so much, I think it deserves it's own thread.

What I love the most of the game is that they somehow expand upon the Lore of League of Legends, it gives a great picture on what Runeterra is about.

Last edited:

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Is it better/more interesting that Hearthstone?

Reactions: Rej

Papa Rak

Red Riot
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've played a bit of the tutorial modes and even went one pvp with a custom deck...I'm liking it so far. As Rej said it's great how they expanded on the universe and lore with the help of new cards.

I like it more than Hearthstone but that's maybe just because I'm more familiar with the lore.

another interesting thing with LoR is the attack/defence phase, so you got to plan around what you want to play depending on what phase you are on.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think I will try it out once I managed to recover my account.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
why not make a new account?
If I ever gonna play LoL again I don't wanna miss my Urfwick skin xD
Thats why I try to recover my old account even if it is just for Runterra, looks like someone hacked it and played during season 9...

On top of that my summoners name is Nessos! I don't wanna give it away...

Papa Rak

Red Riot
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If I ever gonna play LoL again I don't wanna miss my Urfwick skin xD
Thats why I try to recover my old account even if it is just for Runterra, looks like someone hacked it and played during season 9...

On top of that my summoners name is Nessos! I don't wanna give it away...
Urfwick :pepeexcited: ngl Warwick has really good skins. only one I think I won't like is Marauder. You can always just have a separate account for Runeterra

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Never played Hearthstone, but for a game that's in open beta it is extremely good and it has potential.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Looks like I have to wait anyway until the app is out or someone get it running on linux :pepethinking:

But I got my Account recovered :datea:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's question of what lore u prefer tbh
But personally i really prefer Legends of Runeterra for many reasons
First of all, it's Canon so anything u see in the Cards & their Description is Canon
Secondly it's balanced, all regions have their own play styles and they all good, and for every deck, there are counter decks
Combining regions is also fun and gives u options for much more ways to play
And the best part is that it's easy to get cards tbh, there is an amazing rewards system and daily missions + weekly free rewards that can be upgraded just by leveling up, so u won't find any players who have overpowered deck that they bought while u struggle with your few free cards (You can even choose which region to get rewards from first)

Hearthstone is better in terms of content ofc but that's only because it's older, Legends of Runeterra is only in Beta and it's already fun, so expect it to be much much better over time

However the first thing that made it stand out from all other card games including Hearthstone is a new turn system
In games like Hearthstone or even Yu-Gi-Oh! there is a major problem that many players hate
Which is, that turn where your opponent gets lucky and destroys you in a single turn and u have no chance to counter even though u had good cards and was waiting for your turn

In Legends of Runeterra, u have always option to counter since turns only decide who attack and who defends, other than that, u can both play cards (one card each so u have always option to counter-play and make a strategy) but ofc there are burst spell cards that can be played without switching turn which can give u an advantage sometimes

Tbh i played daily since Beta started and i can say that in 90% of all games i played, both me & opponent were close to winning and every win feels like a close one & very satisfying, it's really rare to win or lose easily when out of luck, there is always a challenge

And ofc, there are Champion cards that are so cool, powerful cards that give identity to your deck & play style, they level up and can really help u win if used right. There is also expedition mode which is like a tournament to see how far u can go and with every win, your rewards increase, and not only you have a second chance every time u lose but also when you're eliminated, u get to do a second run and u get rewarded based on your best record

I believe Legends of Runeterra is better than Hearthstone in terms of Gameplay, Rewards, Balance, Ease of gaining Cards, Challenge & Story
Lacks a lot in Contents but it's only Beta & it's subjective in terms of Lore & Theme
(I hope everyone who didn't play the game yet, read this post and be encouraged to try it)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Are you guys on NA or EUW? I hate that it's region locked. I even tried to make an euw account but it still locked me to NA :/

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Darn. I would like to play against people with some of the decks I made.

I hit Gold IV so far in Runeterra. I do enjoy it, I find it more balanced than other card games where it's more reliant on RNG. There's been too many games where I'm like ah I should've done this but I didn't because I expect a Deny or some sort of card that would counter me. There is some RNG involved but it's not too heavy compare to Hearthstone imo.

I am finding issues of facing the same deck over and over again but I think that's just how the meta is and how we are limited at the beginning of what we can get. I like the region rewards, pretty interactive. If anyone is on NA, add me Yukari Dawny #NA1

• Sad

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepeking: I just finished my first real serious selfconstructed deck. It is a Lucian Senna Deck with Silverwings and some buffy spells. Quite a mega Aggro Deck just won my first ranked vs a Draven Jinx Discard Aggro Deck :dogkek:
[automerge]1581526581[/automerge]
LSS Aggro Deck (by Rej): CEBAEAIECIMAUAIAAMCASDIRCYMB4JRMAIAQCBA2AEAQANAA

Last edited:

Papa Rak

Red Riot
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hold up, LoR is region-locked?

Why would riot restrict a card game to regions :pepeweird:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Something about NA and EUW chest rewards are based on the timezone/region but its still dumb that I can't challenge my euw friends when I can add them to my friends list and chat with them though.

Aggro decks are my favorite next to elusive zed decks. Want to build a yasuo deck next, holy shit I did one in expedition and its actually super fun to play as. Annoying to play against though.

Top Bottom