Manga Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While it is true that Araki hyped up Italy, it doesn't mean it'll be THE setting for Part 9. If P9 is to end JoJo, it will most likely encompass a large part of the series, and it can't all be constrained by the setting of Italy. Considering Araki's statement says he didn't consider Italy before for Part 9, it's likely Italy's role in Part 9 might serve as an arc or multiple arcs at most, but not the setting for the whole part. That being said, Part 9 is going to be fucking amazing cause it's JoJo at the end of the day.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You got a point Chris. I'd love for Giorno, Josuke, Jotaro, and Jolyne to return in part 9. Also twins! Please let the main characters be twins!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I wonder how this whole verse think works.
[automerge]1572704389[/automerge]
I have a theory!

Dio will be in part 9

Last edited:

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
More news from Araki's Q&A panels, October 30th/31st:

- The Part 9 question that we all read above, first of all
- he visited this convention's location 10 years before, to visit the hometown of one of his favourite fashion designers, Puccini
- Araki recognised a cosplayer, he saw them on TV
- He doesn't like how his editor sometimes puts unnecessary ~んだ in dialogue, ~んだ means "-nda", and it's basically adding ~ to a sentence. Which is why probably in Part 8, everyone talks like thiiiiiis~~
- his favourite Part 4 character is Shigechi LMAO
- Araki has in mind how to start the series and vaguely knows how to end it, though what's in between is still a mystery to him as well, basically he's writing chapter by chapter
- Araki said he doesn't think he's like Rohan, more like he'd like to be like him
- Araki said he thinks Diavolo got the right death but even Japanese fans think he was too harsh killing him forever LMFAO
- he said Zeppelis are the right hand men of JoJos and sacrifices/deaths are necessary for a story sometimes but he gives them the right deaths by helping the Joestars
- he describes JoJo as a jazz concert, you know how it'll start but you have no idea what comes next
- someone asked him what Stand he would have and he said he loves weather and would like to control it and give people happy weather, so an ability like that. I guess that means Weather Report.
- his favourite horror movie is Child's Play
- publishing JoJo in Shonen Jump was problematic and he couldn't deliver 19-page chapters every week so he often times had to cut things short. Now that he is in the monthly Ultra Jump, he can write 45-page chapters with no problems and tell the entire story he wants in every chapter.
- if he could change one thing about JoJo it would be... some typos he made during serialization. LMFAO
- Araki was asked about fashion in his series. He says that school outfits are his favourite, so he always tries to add them in JoJo some way or another, but with adjustments, like Giorno's ladybugs on his school outfit.
- he said he once read a manga about a guy fighting in the desert wearing a school uniform. And it made him cry. So he wanted to include that in his series and I guess that's Jotaro LMAO
- Araki said when making a design, he prioritizes whether it'd be COMFORTABLE for the character to wear. This is loaded as fuck LMFAO
- when he first started planning JoJo, Araki wanted to go with a name people would easily remember. So he decided to use J and J as the starting letters for his main character's name. That's where JoJo all started.
- someone asked him why Part 5 is in Italy, Araki basically said "cause I love it lmao"
- he loves Italian food, especially squid ink pasta cause it's black spaghetti, and asked the audience to recommend him dishes he should eat. The audience gave him a bunch of food recommendations, he then was like "ok now how do you cook that shit" and the audience basically instructed him how to cook each dish, he thanked his audience. This man is a legend
- he considers Napoli a perfect setting for JoJo
- he bases a lot of poses on statues
- he asked the audience why he notices a lot of people reading books on random pairs of stairs around Italy, and then where they read manga. When he realized a lot of people read manga at home, he said "continue reading manga, but read outside every once in a while"
- he visited Costa Smeralda in Italy and found it to be a very mysterious place so he just HAD to make it a setting, and boy what a place to have King Crimson VS Metallica
- he says he doesn't write manga for a demographic, but for "people", he wants EVERYONE to be able to enjoy JoJo
- Araki said The World, and therefore DIO, can breathe in stopped time despite it being impossible for a normal person. How? That's why ZA WARUDO has gas tanks in its back! To breathe in stopped time! LORE!
- someone asked Araki if Melone is from Firenze, cause everyone there speaks with a dialect saying "DI MOLTO". Araki was like "really? LMAO I had no idea, I just wrote that catchphrase for him"
- someone asked him to say I REFUSE/DAGA KOTOWARU in Italian. He did, in an adorable Japanese/Italian accent.
- Araki revealed Bucciaratti's tattoos are not tattoos but in fact part of his clothing. Bitch what the fuck
- he was asked to draw Giorno and Bucciaratti and he did. But he also drew Mista because Araki says "Giorno and Mista just go together" and described him as "Giorno's second", as in right-hand man. That sucks because 2 x 2 = 4 so Mista can never catch a fucking break
- he revealed Annasui from Part 6 was originally female, but male characters were very popular at the time so he turned him into a guy
- Araki's favourite villain is DIO

The special volume of Part 8 and the drawings/messages inside:

Photo from the convention:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Please tell me why Araki still looks like a man in his late 30s when he's about to be 60 yrs old.
[automerge]1572705875[/automerge]

- he visited this convention's location 10 years before, to visit the hometown of one of his favourite fashion designers, Puccini
- He doesn't like how his editor sometimes puts unnecessary ~んだ in dialogue, ~んだ means "-nda", and it's basically adding ~ to a sentence. Which is why probably in Part 8, everyone talks like thiiiiiis~~
- Araki has in mind how to start the series and vaguely knows how to end it, though what's in between is still a mystery to him as well, basically he's writing chapter by chapter
- Araki said he doesn't think he's like Rohan, more like he'd like to be like him
- Araki said he thinks Diavolo got the right death but even Japanese fans think he was too harsh killing him forever LMFAO
- he said Zeppelis are the right hand men of JoJos and sacrifices/deaths are necessary for a story sometimes but he gives them the right deaths by helping the Joestars
- he describes JoJo as a jazz concert, you know how it'll start but you have no idea what comes next
- someone asked him what Stand he would have and he said he loves weather and would like to control it and give people happy weather, so an ability like that. I guess that means Weather Report.
- publishing JoJo in Shonen Jump was problematic and he couldn't deliver 19-page chapters every week so he often times had to cut things short. Now that he is in the monthly Ultra Jump, he can write 45-page chapters with no problems and tell the entire story he wants in every chapter.
- if he could change one thing about JoJo it would be... some typos he made during serialization. LMFAO
- Araki was asked about fashion in his series. He says that school outfits are his favourite, so he always tries to add them in JoJo some way or another, but with adjustments, like Giorno's ladybugs on his school outfit.
- he said he once read a manga about a guy fighting in the desert wearing a school uniform. And it made him cry. So he wanted to include that in his series and I guess that's Jotaro LMAO
- Araki said when making a design, he prioritizes whether it'd be COMFORTABLE for the character to wear. This is loaded as fuck LMFAO
- when he first started planning JoJo, Araki wanted to go with a name people would easily remember. So he decided to use J and J as the starting letters for his main character's name. That's where JoJo all started.
- someone asked him why Part 5 is in Italy, Araki basically said "cause I love it lmao"
- he loves Italian food, especially squid ink pasta cause it's black spaghetti, and asked the audience to recommend him dishes he should eat. The audience gave him a bunch of food recommendations, he then was like "ok now how do you cook that shit" and the audience basically instructed him how to cook each dish, he thanked his audience. This man is a legend
- he asked the audience why he notices a lot of people reading books on random pairs of stairs around Italy, and then where they read manga. When he realized a lot of people read manga at home, he said "continue reading manga, but read outside every once in a while"
- he visited Costa Smeralda in Italy and found it to be a very mysterious place so he just HAD to make it a setting, and boy what a place to have King Crimson VS Metallica
- he says he doesn't write manga for a demographic, but for "people", he wants EVERYONE to be able to enjoy JoJo
- Araki said The World, and therefore DIO, can breathe in stopped time despite it being impossible for a normal person. How? That's why ZA WARUDO has gas tanks in its back! To breathe in stopped time! LORE!
- someone asked Araki if Melone is from Firenze, cause everyone there speaks with a dialect saying "DI MOLTO". Araki was like "really? LMAO I had no idea, I just wrote that catchphrase for him"
- someone asked him to say I REFUSE/DAGA KOTOWARU in Italian. He did, in an adorable Japanese/Italian accent.
- Araki revealed Bucciaratti's tattoos are not tattoos but in fact part of his clothing. Bitch what the fuck
- he was asked to draw Giorno and Bucciaratti and he did. But he also drew Mista because Araki says "Giorno and Mista just go together" and described him as "Giorno's second", as in right-hand man. That sucks because 2 x 2 = 4 so Mista can never catch a fucking break
- he revealed Annasui from Part 6 was originally female, but male characters were very popular at the time so he turned him into a guy

Do you pics of the drawings of Giorno, Mista, and Bucciarati?

Last edited:

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh shit, the drawings:

They're not seen up close, cause the staff said not to take pictures in the venue

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Arigato!

Let me eat and I will read this
[automerge]1572711503[/automerge]
WTF Shigechi is his favorite character??? Why do i feel like this is a trolll hahahaa.

I want to try black squid spaghetti one of these days. Also OMG WE ARE ALIKE!! I LOVE ITALIAN FOOD!!!

Zeppelin as the right hand of Jojo's hell yeah!!! Yooooo Mistaa is one of usssssss!!!!!

I am going to start reading a Manga in one of the Monuments over here now!!!!

So Araki official confirmed Bucciarati as a former male stripper? My life is sort of complete till part 7 comes out.

Sexy drawing by the way.

Last edited:

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
WTF Shigechi is his favorite character??? Why do i feel like this is a trolll hahahaa.
It's serious, he loves him. This though may be a bit of a lie or something. Cause he said many many times before Josuke is his favourite character in the series and he considers him more of a friend than a character. And that if he could, he would like to go back to Part 4 and make more arcs.

I am going to start reading a Manga in one of the Monuments over here now!!!!
GOING TO MONUMENTS TO READ JOJO

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Guys I spoiled myself a bit so just confirm this to me porfavor,

W
hile pt 7 and 8 are in a different universe, is it true that it's because of pt 6 ending and it's final villain that somehow managed to fuck up the current universe?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's serious, he loves him. This though may be a bit of a lie or something. Cause he said many many times before Josuke is his favourite character in the series and he considers him more of a friend than a character. And that if he could, he would like to go back to Part 4 and make more arcs.
Oh yeah i did remember him saying this about Josuke. Lol the thing is i wasnt expecting him to say Shigechi based on how he send him off xD.

OMGG I would loved to see more arcs in part 4. Man i fucking love Morioh town. I wish i could be in jojo so i could go to Tonio restaurant.

GOING TO MONUMENTS TO READ JOJO
OMG I AM BUYING JOJO VOLUMES FOR THIS

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh yeah i did remember him saying this about Josuke. Lol the thing is i wasnt expecting him to say Shigechi based on how he send him off xD.

OMGG I would loved to see more arcs in part 4. Man i fucking love Morioh town. I wish i could be in jojo so i could go to Tonio restaurant.

OMG I AM BUYING JOJO VOLUMES FOR THIS
Tonio is fucking awesome!! :yay:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Waindo Oh my bad i didnt see what was on on your spoiler box to now. To answer your question yes.

Man it sucks you got spoiled :pepehands:
I didn't so much. Just connected a few dots. I'll be done with part 6 in a week or so.

Top Bottom