One Piece My Personal Grand Unified One Piece Theory

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is just a long list of all my out-there ideas about where the story could go in the Final Saga.

Islands

Egghead

Don’t have too many ideas at the moment for Egghead. Some possibilities I wanted to mention are that Kizaru and Luffy could fight each other, and at least one Vegapunk will die (if there is an intent to set a new tone for the final saga, otherwise they might all survive). Also we could get more Sorbet Kingdom lore, though not too sure what that would entail.

Elbaf

Kid is headed for Elbaf. Though I didn’t vocalise this online, I was one of likely several people who did theorise as much. I think at the very least, this will be an arc where we learn the reality of Kid’s motives and personality (which at this point is very much up to interpretation). I think there could be a method to Kid’s madness but am not too sure and could see him either being a straight up villain or a sort of rival/anti-hero. Does also depend on the actions he takes.

I also predict that this arc will be a turning point for Usopp’s character. Either he fully becomes the brave warrior of the sea here, or at the very least, earns the perception well and truly.

As for what else we could see, obviously learning more about the giants and the actual island. But yeah, again, a part of the story where my ideas don’t really push outside of the obvious. But that’s about to change as we continue…

Hachinosu

This is the arc that I believe could follow Elbaf. It’s not set in stone, but I think that if a fight between Luffy and Blackbeard were to happen, that it would happen on Blackbeard’s home turf. And here’s where I can get into some of the groundwork being laid in the story right now that leads me to believe that if this arc were to happen, we could see some really interesting stuff.

So first of all, Garp is heading to fight Blackbeard. Law is fighting Blackbeard. Pudding is there. Coby is there. A lot of players with connections to the Straw Hats. I feel that the capture and/or killing of some or all of these players may be a motivating factor for Luffy. But who will die and who will be saved? Well, my guesses probably aren’t much different from other One Piece fans out there: Garp will die, Law, Coby, and Pudding will need to be saved.

But this isn’t the end of my ideas for Hachinosu, as here is where things veer into wilder territories. Now I don’t tend to read or watch a lot of other people’s theories so I don’t know how much of these ideas I can claim as original, but even so, I did come up with them independently.

Ready? Okay, here goes: After Luffy saves Blackbeard’s captives, the latter issues a Davy Back challenge. Now, the only logic here is that Hachinosu is the origin of the Davy Back Fight, and also that bringing that idea back into the story at some point feels inevitable.

Of course, this course of events might not happen, but here’s my idea: the first round is a duel between Usopp and Van Augur. Usopp wins, and the crew takes Kuzan. The second round is some other pirate game. Blackbeard’s crew cheats and wins. But instead of taking Kuzan back, they take Nico Robin. Then the third is a fight between Luffy and Blackbeard. Luffy wins and gets Robin back. Not sure what happens next with regards to Kuzan, Coby, Law - possible that they separate, but also possible that they accompany the crew for the next arc…

Laugh Tale

This is an arc where I have a number of ideas that are just kind of out there, and some that are grounded. So, to start off the grounded part: I believe that there could be some wild currents in the seas surrounding Laugh Tale, that will require a mix of Jimbei’s and Nami’s skills to steer the ship through, and possibly require some or all of the Sunny’s special functions.

And that’s the most reasonable part. Now here is where I talk about Cross Guild. Buggy. Mihawk. Crocodile. These characters have been recurring since the beginning of the story, and now they seem to be set up to be a part of its final saga. But what part is that? Well, in my estimation, the Monster Trio will fight this Cross Guild trio. Luffy will fight Buggy for the title of Pirate King. Zoro will fight Mihawk to be the Greatest Swordsman. And Mr. Prince will get to show Crocodile that he’s more than just a distraction.

But it’s not just that these three fights will happen: I also have an idea regarding the Luffy and Buggy fight specifically. It may seem like an easy victory, and at first it might even be that, but my idea is that Buggy could awaken his fruit in this fight: and as it happens, his fruit is also a secret mythical zoan.

Now the fight between awakened Luffy and awakened Buggy is more evenly matched, being the most wacky fight in One Piece yet. And seeing as this fight may be concurrent with Zoro and Sanji’s fights, we will be treated to a stark contrast and the wings fight super seriously and the captain is just having fun with it.

And in the end… the Straw Hats win. They get to Laugh Tale, perhaps with various guests in tow (Coby and Law seem plausible to me, at the least), and learn of the true history. They claim the One Piece. Luffy is the Pirate King. But news of Luffy and Buggy’s fight spreads… Buggy is declared: the Pirate God! Anyway, the relevations of the true history become the catalyst for the final war.

Marie Geoise

Luffy and his allies gather to take on the world government. I did neglect to mention so far, and so will talk more about it later, but I believe that at some point Vivi will join the Straw Hats again, as their official diplomat. She will be the one organising the various factions and vouching for Luffy’s capabilities. In any case, this war will likely involve every major character up until this point that is still capable of fighting. It will change the world in a major way, and likely make it possible for Luffy to achieve his true dream (whatever that might be).

Mysteries

Joy Boy

I have previously theorised about Joy Boy, and while I don’t know how much of that theory I stand by, I think that the full picture will be painted on Laugh Tale. That’s all I will say for now.

Will of D

Now, something about Luffy’s new Gear 5 attacks has me thinking about something. It’s just a bit of food for thought, but the word ‘Don’ comes up multiple times in the series. It’s an onomatopeia used in moments of great emphasis, Tom the shipwright would say “Do it with a don”, and it’s now part of Luffy’s attacks. I wonder if the D. could end up standing for ‘Don’. I don’t know but that’s my current idea and thinking regarding this. The answer will likely be given by the end of Laugh Tale.

Shanks

Not sure where, but a reunion with Shanks is bound to happen at some point in the story. It could happen as early as Elbaf, with his presence perhaps beign a contributing factor in deciding whether Kid will be an enemy of Luffy or not. It could happen in Hachinosu, possibly further complicating that arc, and potentially changing up the Davy Back fight dynamics (Luffy vs. Shanks? Shanks vs. Blackbeard? Luffy and Shanks vs. Blackbeard?) It could happen in Laugh Tale. How would his relationship to Buggy factor in there? Would Buggy and Shanks ultimately learn the full history as well? And lastly, Shanks could fight in the final war. A lot of people seem to think Shanks will die at some point, but given he has the potential to be part of pretty much every arc, I’m not sure if he will or not. In any case, I think Luffy may try to give Shanks the hat back, but Shanks will refuse to take it, or something to that effect.

Vivi

As mentioned earlier, I believe Vivi will rejoin the crew at some point. It could happen as early as Egghead, or as late as Hachinosu, but I believe that she will be with the crew on Laugh Tale and that she will be instrumental in the final war.

So, this was a bit of a lengthy post, but after a year of not sharing my ideas and being right about some things and wrong about others, I wanted to get a lot of my current thoughts out there. As always, my intention with my theories is not necessarily to be right, but to fill in the blanks for myself, and at the appropriate moment, when the story has unfolded as the author intended it, see if I was correct in my estimation or way off. It is a fun exercise in creativity, and helps keep my interest in this series as a weekly reader.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Totally agree with the Usopp part! It was one of the first theories I had written in the OJ theory section!
Usopp OJ-Theory
My guess Usopp defeating Loki and end up becoming the new King of the Giants!

Kidd moving to Elbaf is interisting and may create a huge twist! Elbaf might be the Arc deciding Kids role in the story! Either Kidd become a real ally or He becomes the villain!
But there is also the possibility Kidd becoming nothing but a hypetool for the strongest army in the OPverse... RIP Kidd fandom...

Also we might get an interisting flashback about Big Mom and the Giants :pepethinking:

And there is more for Elbaf!!!
Egghead set up Elbaf also as a Robin character arc! Saul and the books of Ohara are in Elbaf!

We might learn about the origin of the Giant Strawhat and thus also more about JoyBoy!

My personal favourite for speculation for Elbaf is that we get an new Noland story! I think Elbaf is as fantastic and mysterious as Skypia and Tontatta and thus suited for another story of Noland the Liar!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hachinosu
I agree with Garp dying in order to save Pudding, Law, Coby and Helmeppo.... In a way like WB sacrifice himself during Marineford War... Kuzan might join Garp as well...

Since Garp faced Xebec in the pat this could also become the first time we learn about the connection between Xebec and Teach. This would give this match up more depth!

I highly doubt Strawhats move to Hachinosu. I Bet this Arc becomes like Levely and thus the story will be told in small breaks of the main story.

Top Bottom