Characters and Groups Next Strawhat Nakama

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think that the
I think that the cover page is cute (let's read with Franky's voice).

Carrot as you said has a cool design, is popular, female, has a different race, but yeah her true motivations as "i want to trip looking for adventures" is not strong enough motivation for me to sail the whole One Piece World and make Luffy pirate king.

But in Oda's mind all could happen.
At this point her only chance to turn relevant in Wano is for her to be the traitor, or else she will just have a minor role.
In my opinion she won't be a Strawhat though, Carrot is better as a Strawhat fleet captain under Chopper's division.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
At this point her only chance to turn relevant in Wano is for her to be the traitor, or else she will just have a minor role.
In my opinion she won't be a Strawhat though, Carrot is better as a Strawhat fleet captain under Chopper's division.
Anyway, after all what happened to Pedro in Whole Cake and his relation and words for Carrot about strawhat's and the new dawn and all stuff, mmm...i don't know. Was too much batery for nothing. I like Carrot to join personally though.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It seems saying she's dead or she's alive is off topic, so i will just leave it as i think she's alive for now.
Carrot's chances shouldn't be very high because she has no special Lookout ability. As shown with Jinbei, riding a Tsunami, the Helmsman and Lookout need extraordinary capability to fit their position.

Perona lived away from Moria for 2 years now, she can make her own decisions. If her storyline is simply to reunite with Moria, then it's irrelevant for her character, she simply return to where she started and no progression.
Based on your logic, so it's also safe IF I say, "Pedro will join too, because I think he's alive".
Well, I only prioritize the character which still alive, not unknown status like Monet. Tbh, I think Pedro already dead, too.
So, for my logic / assumption, Monet & Pedro is "out of option" for now.

Lookout easier job than helmsman. No need for extraordinary skill.
1. Carrot can jump high
2. She can use binoculars

The only minus point of her is she has only a little experience at sea.

Perona only want meet Moria, atleast for now.

====

sorry I join convo above too.
That cover page is just cover request from reader. No need for investigate further (atleast for me. Maximum only accidentally).
Also, I don't mind if Jinbe become last nakama, or SHP will have 11-13 crews

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think Jinbe alone is more than enough. Carrot or Perona comes closest to having an extesive characterization but still far off. I feel like after Wano, we'll be done on who joins the crew.

Caribou could also be an option seeing that he kept his word by helping Luffy and Samurai in disabling Udon communications and helping with Raizou to retrieve the keys.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After Wano feel like Momonosuke is leaving with the crew while Hyori stay to rebuild and rule
I wonder what could add Momonosuke to the Strawhats crew?
No experience, no strentgh, lack of decision and strong will, lack of usuful abbilities for support and contribute, lack of a dream of his own far away from Oden's will.

The only thing i see from Momo's part is tits comedy with Nami & Robbin :tmm:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
From now on there is no place for weak contenders...
Since there is no much room for starting from pre tsk Usopp level fighter..
They should b capable of holding their own against YC level fighters , and should be atleast Veteran level..

Many haven't noticed yet but their r many who fought with Luffy and went with crew for the short period..
For ex : Pauli , Alabasta princess , Caesar , Law , Carrot , and more will b on thousand sunny for the short period vogue...
In my opinion final crew member will be very special like Toki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I wonder what could add Momonosuke to the Strawhats crew?
No experience, no strentgh, lack of decision and strong will, lack of usuful abbilities for support and contribute, lack of a dream of his own far away from Oden's will.

The only thing i see from Momo's part is tits comedy with Nami & Robbin :tmm:
This will be a long post, so you'll have to bear with me. xD

Tbh, I actually can really see Momonosuke being part of the Straw Hat Crew. I mean, let's face it... after Wano gets cleansed from Orochi, Kaido and the Big Mom pirates, Momonosuke is not ready to become Shogun.. he's only 8 years old, and doesn't have the experience nor the knowledge required to become Shogun.

This is why I believe Momonosuke will emulate his father and leave Wano, becoming one of the SH Pirates...a way to explore and experience the world as it is, and also to answer the question and significance as to why Oden risked so much to open Wano's borders.. maybe even witness the importance of the poneglyphs, and why it had been passed every generation in the Kozuki clan the ability to read this ancient language... maybe also to know what role his ancestors played, in regards to the poneglyphs and the world, which could connect to momo's role as Shogun.

As Oden is now dead, these questions can no longer be answered, and back then, Momo was an immature lad who felt entitled.. But I could see his character develop in Wano to question things like this.. I mean, yeah.. he's 8 years old, but soon, he'll know the responsibility he shoulders.. His role in Udon prison was the stepping stone of his character development.. and as Wano advances, he'll develop more and more.​
I'm willing to bet that he will not even consider himself worthy of Shogun by Wano's end, due to knowing his responsibilities as his develops more in this arc - in other words, he's not ready yet... But his journey with the SH crew would allow him to find answers to all this.. as well as his family's role, and give him the knowledge and experience needed to become Shogun and lead Wano.​

As for his role? An apprentice... I mean, with OP nearing its end, it would fit to have an apprentice in the crew, like Shanks, Marco or Kaido were, no?? But in this case, an apprentice, whose existence plays a big role in Wano, and maybe even the politics of the world in the future, since Wano would open its borders again, and Luffy catalyzing big changes in the world.. This also connects Jinbe's ambition of making fishmen accepted as well.

And his dream is simple... To become Shogun of Wano, but one who knows his responsibilities; one who knows his role - in Wano and also the world - and not an Orochi 2.0, who was a selfish egomaniac; and one who could fulfil the goals his father had, of which he couldn't achieve... and understand the background to what led him to such goals, and I believe this answer is linked with the SH crew, like how Oden's goals were linked to the WB and Roger pirates.

Sorry for the long post. xD

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I believe there will be another timeskip and Tama will join, else I dont see anyone else joining besides Jinbei.
I withdraw everything else I said previously about nakamas with the newest intel, spoilers and pacing.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One of the Numbers ( Little Oars Jr
the 30th or whatever, the runt of the litter )

Some living statue/wooden doll/automaton

Vivi - gets a bird df of some sort, either Pell’s or some other, maybe a dove...gets the Lookout/Crow’s Nest position on the crew ( sorry, Carrot )

Jimbe’s a given

2 Cabin Boys ( one of which is a top tier Celestial Dragon Prince maybe ). These don’t really count tho.

I dunno. 12 ( Zodiac, olympian gods, Titans...) or unlucky number 13 seem like good solid numbers with a lot of symbolic and thematic weight behind them.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really feel like a Kozuki needs to be on the crew. And I think it's Hyori. First of she kinda reminds me of Oden more then Momo. I also feel like she is hiding her true strength and I think Oda hinted at this. As a 6 year old she was throwing drop kicks at Momo and a few people have stated that she was very brash. Recently she slapped Orochi and he really felt it. So what I'm saying is that she is hiding her true strength and that she will follow in Odens foot steps to travel the New World and reach Raftel. While Momo stays in Wano becomes Shogun and opens the borders of Wano with the 9 red Scabbards which was Odens other dream.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really feel like a Kozuki needs to be on the crew. And I think it's Hyori. First of she kinda reminds me of Oden more then Momo. I also feel like she is hiding her true strength and I think Oda hinted at this. As a 6 year old she was throwing drop kicks at Momo and a few people have stated that she was very brash. Recently she slapped Orochi and he really felt it. So what I'm saying is that she is hiding her true strength and that she will follow in Odens foot steps to travel the New World and reach Raftel. While Momo stays in Wano becomes Shogun and opens the borders of Wano with the 9 red Scabbards which was Odens other dream.
Robin is in Oden's place.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I dont like carrot annoying as hell. I wont be surprised if sh ejoin.
I think luffy wanted magical 10 crew members in chapter1.

Jinbei will be last member before they journey to laugh tale.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I just read Zou arc again, and I was shocked to realize that not only was I right about Momo, but he is even more developed than I thought!! :eek: Even as early as Zou, he wanted to know the Kozuki clan's history, and their role throughout the centuries.

I'm not sure if this cements Momonosuke as a nakama.. to me, it's 50-50 right now... but I want to highlight that Momo and Oden are linked not only in family, but also through the knowledge of history. Now, bear with me here.

Oden - if I recall right - decided to open the borders of the Wano country during his time with Roger, and I believe what made him do so was right after he learned the true history of the world. Similarly, Momo here, desires to know the history of the Kozuki family and their roles... This would allow Momo to understand his father more and with that understanding, he will be able to accomplish what his father couldn't when Momo becomes Shogun.

Tbh, I'm not sure going with the SH crew in order to understand the true history of the Kozuki family is necessary to aid Momo in his road as Shogun, when he already has the VOAT necessary to talk to a 1,000 y.o elephant who has witnessed what the Kozuki family did throughout those 1,000 years. :unsure:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With Jimbe and the newest Intel I'd say no one. I think at the star Luffy said he wanted 10? Well Jimbe makes 10 total and if the Intel is right I'd say no one else after.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's Jinbe, then we have a timeskip, and Momo joins the Strawhats when he's a super powerful young adult like Oden.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I feel pretty certain that with Jinbe, the straw hat crew is complete. From this point on with Luffy being recognised as a big shot in the new world, any further additions to the straw hats will be through the grand fleet, where there are many likely candidates like the Kuja pirates. (Assuming they aren't defeated and captured, which Coby is definitely not doing by himself lmao.)

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though, as long as the choice is a solid one. Right now I personally can't think of any characters adding any worth to the straw hat crew that they couldn't just do by joining the grand fleet. Caribou would be a pretty interesting choice in terms of character dynamics, but I still can't see him adding any worth to the crew so I don't see the point.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Besides Carrot also Momo also has great chances to join. Carrot can Join as LO and Momo as Cabin Boy.

I know many hate Momo, but him oining the crew perfectly fits plotwise.
  • He would follow the path of his dad
  • Zoro already started to train him
  • Robin is the only one able to Teach him the old language
  • And to learn more about his Powers He needs to meet Vegapunk to learn more about hisnpowers
On top of this both Carrot and Momo fit very well in the MFMM and Chinese Zodiac pattern theory I listed

MFMM(including traits)
M Zoro, Chopper, Jinbei (serious)
F Nami, Robin, Carrot (female)
M Usopp, Franky, Momo (troublemaker)
M Sanji, Brook, ??? (pervs)

Chinese Zodiacs
  1. Rat - ???
  2. Ox - Franky
  3. Tiger - Zoro
  4. Rabbit - Carrot
  5. Dragon - Momo
  6. Snake - Usopp
  7. Horse - Brook
  8. Goat - Sanji
  9. Monkey - Luffy
  10. Rooster - Robin
  11. Dog - Chopper
  12. Pig - Jinbei
  13. Cat - Nami
So the final Strawhat Nakama has to be a pervy male Devil Fruit user who represents the rat of the Chinese Zodiac. And the name of his Devil Fruit will be a combination of 8 and 9.
oh cool! I do think it makes sense for Luffy to have a cabin boy since Roger did. Tho I don’t like Momo personally :p

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:weirdpeep:
Considering Momo will waifu up Toko and they will be a new royal family in Wano, and considering the fact that we will get another TS at EoS, I most likely think that Tama will become nakama as a Kunoichi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:weirdpeep:
Considering Momo will waifu up Toko and they will be a new royal family in Wano, and considering the fact that we will get another TS at EoS, I most likely think that Tama will become nakama as a Kunoichi
but in order to become a kunoichi she needs another ninja to teach her... the straw hats dont have that
they may call what nami does "ninjutsu" and they call her a ninja in training or a novice

but Tama needs an expert plus her promise to Ace was to join WHEN she becomes a kunoichi

as for Momo he has a lot to gain from the crew

Swordsmanship from Zoro the future WSS, the trade of his family (reading poneglyphs) from Robin, and leadership from Luffy

IMO it makes more sense for Momo to go with them than Tama

Top Bottom