Characters and Groups Next Strawhat Nakama

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I feel pretty certain that with Jinbe, the straw hat crew is complete. From this point on with Luffy being recognised as a big shot in the new world, any further additions to the straw hats will be through the grand fleet, where there are many likely candidates like the Kuja pirates. (Assuming they aren't defeated and captured, which Coby is definitely not doing by himself lmao.)

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though, as long as the choice is a solid one. Right now I personally can't think of any characters adding any worth to the straw hat crew that they couldn't just do by joining the grand fleet. Caribou would be a pretty interesting choice in terms of character dynamics, but I still can't see him adding any worth to the crew so I don't see the point.
To be honest, I'm kind of conflicted to whether any more members will be added to the grand fleet.

I mean, the reason we have over 5,600 members is that 5,6 matches Luffy's number in the Goro Awase (Go = 5, Mu = 6; Go Mu = 5,6) so it's more likely we won't get any more... But since the GF members numbers exactly 5,640 people, at best, we'll maybe get 16 more members in, to make 5,656.. but I still find it impossible.

The reason is because those members have a common identity in the fleet, which they all knew each other - they all took part and contributed to Doflamingo's downfall... if anyone else joins the GF now, it just doesn't feel right, imo... it'll be like having a sheep in a herd of cows or something.. :unsure:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
if anyone else joins the GF now, it just doesn't feel right, imo... it'll be like having a sheep in a herd of cows or something..
What about Bellamy?
(Cover Story hinted that he can be seen as the 8th Fleet Commander)
His crew may come back or he may form a new one.

Also the new formed Ideo Pirates, have a high chances to increase number of members.

Last but not least New Giant Pirates. I See the possibility of Eiri joining as 2nd Captain after Elbaf Arc.(Thats actually my headcanon, because he seems to be the Giant who looked like Brogy while Hajrudin looks like Dorry.)
[automerge]1579028652[/automerge]
but in order to become a kunoichi she needs another ninja to teach her... the straw hats dont have that
they may call what nami does "ninjutsu" and they call her a ninja in training or a novice

but Tama needs an expert plus her promise to Ace was to join WHEN she becomes a kunoichi

as for Momo he has a lot to gain from the crew

Swordsmanship from Zoro the future WSS, the trade of his family (reading poneglyphs) from Robin, and leadership from Luffy

IMO it makes more sense for Momo to go with them than Tama
The Robin part led me think that Momo joined. My opinion never changed.

Zoro teaching Momo swordsmanshio was always a weak Bonus (same as Luffy leadership). But since it was confirmed that Zoro indeed started to teach Momo and Zoro gets compared with Oden, it really became a thing.

Last edited:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Momo aint Oden tho, also Momo won't have a "mission" after Wano. Oden had a mission, he was after the truth.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Momo should be the Shogun. No one joins after Jinbe.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Momo aint Oden tho, also Momo won't have a "mission" after Wano. Oden had a mission, he was after the truth.
Yeah and Luffy is not Roger. But that doesn't change the fact that there are multiple reasons for Momo to join Luffys journey.
  • Learning the Ancient Language from Robin. The family secret giving from Shogun to his first born son son. But Oden died before teaching Momo. And Robin is one of the last in OPverse knowing this language.
  • Meeting Vegapunk to learn more about his powers.
  • Reaching Laugh Tale to learn the history of the country he wants to rule.
  • Becoming a great swordsman under Zoro. Zoro perfect Teacher for him, because Zoro gets the Oden treatment (in terms of swordmanship)
Thats why I think Momo and Carrot will join end up being Strawhats version of Oden + Cat Viper/Dogstorm.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah and Luffy is not Roger. But that doesn't change the fact that there are multiple reasons for Momo to join Luffys journey.
  • Learning the Ancient Language from Robin. The family secret giving from Shogun to his first born son son. But Oden died before teaching Momo. And Robin is one of the last in OPverse knowing this language.
  • Becoming a great swordsman under Zoro. Zoro perfect Teacher for him, because Zoro gets the Oden treatment (in terms of swordmanship)
Thats why I think Momo and Carrot will join end up being Strawhats version of Oden + Cat Viper/Dogstorm.
Why can't this happen in a small Wano timeskip? People learn techniques within 1 or 2 weeks (Luffy), so why can't Robin teach it Momo during that time? Or leave a book behind after teaching him the basics.

Also as said Momo doesn't need it, there won't be any mission anymore. He can learn it casually, there is no rush. No rush = no need.
And yes nibba Luffy is Roger :pepeclown:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Why can't this happen in a small Wano timeskip?
Because Oda already spoiled that there won't be another timeskip, he wants to keep Luffy as young as possible.
(The #OnePieceShouldBecomeSeinen community blamed Oda for this decision xD)

People learn techniques within 1 or 2 weeks (Luffy), so why can't Robin teach it Momo during that time?
Doesn't seems like Robin wrote a book about teaching ancient language. And learning a new language in 1-2 weeks almost impossible.
Chances of Robin dying is too high. If Momo want to bring back family tradition he will go with Strawhats.

Also as said Momo doesn't need it, there won't be any mission anymore.
Seems like you mixed up Shandorra with Wano^^ Family tradition is not mission.

And there is still
Btw about Tama, she wants to become Kunichi so she most likely get trained by Shinobu and Raizo. And Luffy is not Ace. So there doesn't exist any promise.
:vonflame:
But maybe Sabo appears at hte end of Wano and Tama becomes a Revo. Ace continues living in Sabo ;)[/QUOTE]

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Btw about Tama, she wants to become Kunichi so she most likely get trained by Shinobu and Raizo. And Luffy is not Ace. So there doesn't exist any promise.
:vonflame:
But maybe Sabo appears at hte end of Wano and Tama becomes a Revo. Ace continues living in Sabo ;)
[/QUOTE]
:pepeclown: fanfiction
Momo won't have a reason to see the outside world, but Tama still has.

We will have a combination of Wano opening the borders and a post-Wano situation where Tama wants to train (chase her dream) and see the outside world.

If EoS war will happen or we will have a war lasting over a decade or so, then we can expect the Wano rearguard comming and yes Tama makes more sense to reappear.

I never said Tama will join as a kid.
I still think that a EoS timeskip situation and a reappearance from Tama will happen.
Tama is a foreshadowed character and part of the corestory relating to Wano/Nakama/Ace
:weirdpeep:
[automerge]1579101373[/automerge]
Because Oda already spoiled that there won't be another timeskip, he wants to keep Luffy as young as possible.
(The #OnePieceShouldBecomeSeinen community blamed Oda for this decision xD)
:weirdpeep: Luffy suddenly being end of 20 is nothing Seinenish
[automerge]1579107471[/automerge]
anyway...
@Nessos :pepemusic:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
lol you had to me till you said carrot

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tama, she has a dream.

It's why I don't like Jinbe at all right now. He's a loyal dude, but all of the strawhats have goals. It's supposed to be a close knit group of tagalongs.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tama, she has a dream.

It's why I don't like Jinbe at all right now. He's a loyal dude, but all of the strawhats have goals. It's supposed to be a close knit group of tagalongs.
But Jinbei has a dream he continues what Fisher Tiger started. Its the same as with Chopper and Hiluluk or Franky and Tom.

Also Carrot fits perfectly with her dream to travel and see the World. Continuing Pedros journey born in time to follow JoyBoy.

Similiar Things can be applied to Momo seeing the outside world to become a great man like his father.

The Problem with Tama is that actually wants to become a great kunuichi and there is actually No better place for it then Wano.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
But Chopper actually wants to be a great doctor and Franky actually has his own unique dream inspired by Tom. Jinbe can literally just join Shirahoshi and Neptune to protect them and better Fishman relations.

Momo can possibly join if he and O-Tama are supposed to be Luffy's Buggy and Shanks. And while it is true that Tama wants to be a great kunoichi, she also has made the promise with Ace that Luffy will keep. So I can see Tama becoming a surveillance character.

I think Momo might magically age up somehow though with the Time Time Fruit. It's possible that his sister ate the fruit if their mom is dead

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
But Jinbei has a dream he continues what Fisher Tiger started. Its the same as with Chopper and Hiluluk or Franky and Tom.

Also Carrot fits perfectly with her dream to travel and see the World. Continuing Pedros journey born in time to follow JoyBoy.

Similiar Things can be applied to Momo seeing the outside world to become a great man like his father.

The Problem with Tama is that actually wants to become a great kunuichi and there is actually No better place for it then Wano.
At this point, i feel if Jinbe returns he'll be like the Oden of the Crew. Someone who joined later on but is still very much a member of the crew.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Srsly, drop off the dream of Perona and that Snow lady to join the crew. Not happening. The first one has no intention of achieving something like the rest of the crew has. The latter is dead!

Only possible options is another fishman and a mink just so it parallels what the pirate king crew has.

Carrot is a yes and she's practically a crew. I mean 2 arcs with them and potential of being with them until SHP return to what they had beeen before..

And if Jimbei is dead, won't mind if a royal merfolk would join them to traverse the seas to accomplish their mom's dream.

• Angry
Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Srsly, drop off the dream of Perona and that Snow lady to join the crew. Not happening. The first one has no intention of achieving something like the rest of the crew has. The latter is dead!

Only possible options is another fishman and a mink just so it parallels what the pirate king crew has.

Carrot is a yes and she's practically a crew. I mean 2 arcs with them and potential of being with them until SHP return to what they had beeen before..

And if Jimbei is dead, won't mind if a royal merfolk would join them to traverse the seas to accomplish their mom's dream.
How about a reformed Arlong?

Top Bottom