Characters and Groups Next Strawhat Nakama

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Welp, now that we saw just how fucking young Shanks and Buggy board the PK crew, we may speculate that it's just natural for people to think that both Tama and Momo can be 11th and 12th SH. It doesn't matter now if Tama will have much participation or not. Her dream was to sail the sea with Ace and now Luffy is doing it for her. As for Momo, welp, he can here the VOAT, what more can u ask for from him? My lady Hiyori will rule Wano whilst he is away. But I still do have my hopes in Carrot.. We still don't have a Mink!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Welp, now that we saw just how fucking young Shanks and Buggy board the PK crew, we may speculate that it's just natural for people to think that both Tama and Momo can be 11th and 12th SH. It doesn't matter now if Tama will have much participation or not. Her dream was to sail the sea with Ace and now Luffy is doing it for her. As for Momo, welp, he can here the VOAT, what more can u ask for from him? My lady Hiyori will rule Wano whilst he is away. But I still do have my hopes in Carrot.. We still don't have a Mink!
Idk... Carrot might be "the traitor" everyone is talking about.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Made an update for MFMM pattern which leads to everyone who joins in the New World represents a nation which was originally in the possesion of a Poneglyph.
  • A fishman -> Jinbei
  • A Mink -> ???
  • A Citizen of Wano -> ???
  • A Giant of Elbaf (Tottoland RP = Elbaf RP) -> ???
If the final member have to be a Gentleman like Sanji and Brook this may lead to

What do you think?
(full theory)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
For me it's Vivi imo.

Nobody in Wano cuts it for me. The scabbards are super cool, but Oda needs to hint at one of them being more important than others at some point, and he isn't doing it. They are the crew that once lost their captain to Kaido, whoever is going to join the SHs needs to show more hope and potential than the rest. Never mind the other issue is that they overlap too much with Zoro. And they also waited years to see their country rebuilt they might actually want to live in a prosper Wano for a change.

The most interesting one of them is Kawamatsu, but on top of already being a swordsman he also overlaps with Jimbei too much. Meh.

Only hope for them is if Denjiro turns out to be much more interesting. Assuming he's not just Zoro's master.

Carrot had hope in WCI but then she disappeared. She isn't joining if Oda doesn't think she's important in the arc she is supposed to join.

I was in Team Momo a few weeks ago but after the recent flashback it feels extremely important that the next shogun actually be there for his people, not go in another selfish adventure. So he stays.

Tama doesn't have that restriction and she has a cooler power but being a little kid is such a deal breaker. It's easy to point at Roger's crew when this is not Roger's story we are following, we are following the SHs and I need to actually believe they can knock down some marines when needed because it will be needed. Granted her hax power could win some fights but all strawhats actually have basic fighting skills and moves that can always be used, her hax will become very limited once we are out of the Zoan Saga.

After Wano ends it's hard to introduce and develop someone to be a SH considering the crew's main fight before becoming yonkou already happened. Like, whoever joins next doesn't feel like they were really part of it.

But Vivi fixes that problem because she was part of the SHs history. She is a SH in every way. And if Imu decides to arrest or try to kill her or invade her kingdom she might have no choice but to stay with the SHs for an indefinite time. At least until the manga ends. Then maybe if the crew still exists after that she will leave them again so this is a bit of cheating, but she was a member of the crew that made Luffy PK and part of the 11 pirates who fought the 11 Blackbeards, so that works for me. This plot also gives her a dream: she needs to save her island from the WG, or create a new world order where her and other kingdoms can be free. And this ties well with the plot of the SHs eventually taking down the WG.

Main issue is that we have no indication she has enough strength, but this is an easier gap to fill than for Momo or Tama. Vivi was a Baroque Works numbered agent when we first met her. She can fight, probably better than Nami or Usopp could at the same point of the story. She needs a boost to at least get to Nami/Usopp's new world level but in those two years she could have done some training, or maybe eaten a DF. It can be solved.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Srsly, drop off the dream of Perona and that Snow lady to join the crew. Not happening. The first one has no intention of achieving something like the rest of the crew has. The latter is dead!

Only possible options is another fishman and a mink just so it parallels what the pirate king crew has.

Carrot is a yes and she's practically a crew. I mean 2 arcs with them and potential of being with them until SHP return to what they had beeen before..

And if Jimbei is dead, won't mind if a royal merfolk would join them to traverse the seas to accomplish their mom's dream.
The best theory on OJ 2k19 says otherwise :pepeking:

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Made an update for MFMM pattern which leads to everyone who joins in the New World represents a nation which was originally in the possesion of a Poneglyph.
  • A fishman -> Jinbei
  • A Mink -> ???
  • A Citizen of Wano -> ???
  • A Giant of Elbaf (Tottoland RP = Elbaf RP) -> ???
If the final member have to be a Gentleman like Sanji and Brook this may lead to

What do you think?
(full theory)
I think that 4 non-humans makes the most sense for the last 4 nakama though I do like the country idea you have. Maybe we will get a non-human from wano.

Romance Dawn - 4 humans
Grand Line - 4 "humans" (devil fruit human, cyborg, human w devil fruit, human w devil fruit)
New World - 4 non-humans

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is a thread to discuss and share wishes, speculations and theories about the next Strawhat Nakama.

Here I am going to list famous Strawhat pattern theories
Grandline Nakamas followed the famous MFMM pattern
M Zoro, Chopper
F Nami, Robin
M Usopp, Franky
M Sanji, Brook

Thats why many expect also the NW Nakamas will follow these patterns.
(This theory was actually Upgrades multiple times)
Currently there are 4 Devil Fruit user among the Strawhats. The names of their 4 Devil Fruits are actually combinations of 2 numbers.
  • Gomu - 5/6
  • Hito - 1/10
  • Hana - 2/7
  • Yomi - 4/3
Thats why many expect a Devil Fruit user will join, And that the Name His Devil Fruit is a combination of 8 and 9.
-> Yako Yako no Mi or Koya Koya no Mi
The Chinese Zodiac consist of 12 animals by adding the legend of the Legend there are actually 13. Right now there can be assigned one of these 13 animals to the Strawhats. Thats why many expect new Nakamas can be assigned to the remaining animals.
  1. Rat - ???
  2. Ox - Franky
  3. Tiger - Zoro
  4. Rabbit - ???
  5. Dragon - ???
  6. Snake - Usopp
  7. Horse - Brook
  8. Goat - Sanji
  9. Monkey - Luffy
  10. Rooster - Robin
  11. Dog - Chopper
  12. Pig - Jinbei
  13. Cat - Nami
AB Brook
CD Chopper
EF Franky
GH ???
IJ Jinbei
KL Luffy
MN Nami
OP ???
QR Robin
ST Sanji
UV Usopp
WX ???
YZ Zoro
If you know more Strawhat pattern theories feel free to tag me I will add them.
Yako means fox maybe some kind of person who change into some kind of fox like animal 🤔

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Could lead to Gyukimaru, but a Fox Zoan would actually end up being an Inu Inu no Mi:pepethinking:
Maybe a rare one like 9 tails 🤔
[automerge]1581938515[/automerge]
Or else koya which means house, which have no use as a part of nakama

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Maybe a rare one like 9 tails 🤔
[automerge]1581938515[/automerge]
Or else koya which means house, which have no use as a part of nakama
The nine tails is also an Inu Inu no Mi :weirdpeep:

Hous House fruit could be quiet useful. Think about Bege Fortress fruit or the fruit of Blamenco :pepethinking:
Besides that I remember many talks in OJ about future crewmembers jobs. One that got mentioned quite often was Jailkeeper, a House House fruit would fit perfectly or not?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The nine tails is also an Inu Inu no Mi :weirdpeep:

Hous House fruit could be quiet useful. Think about Bege Fortress fruit or the fruit of Blamenco :pepethinking:
Besides that I remember many talks in OJ about future crewmembers jobs. One that got mentioned quite often was Jailkeeper, a House House fruit would fit perfectly or not?

Maybe.. but it maybe. Since luffy made a low level df this op, don't know what will happen🤔😑

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Maybe.. but it maybe. Since luffy made a low level df this op, don't know what will happen🤔😑
To be honest Oda was not the first who Made Rubber overpowered, just think about Reed Richards :D

But House House fruit can become almost everything. Look at Robins Flower Flower fruit :weirdpeep:
[automerge]1581944635[/automerge]
Thinking about it not a single Devil Fruit of the Strawhats sounds like being a strong one. I mean we have Luffy with the Rubber Paramecia, Robin with the Flower Paramecia and Chopper with the Human Zoan :catshy:

This way House could fit perfectly too :weirdpeep:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well this is a wildcard but when Sabo regained his memories, Koala asked if he was leaving. Then Sabo said that if Luffy is in trouble he'd be there to protect him. So now this could be foreshadowing. If you think about it, Sabo deeply regrets not being able to protect Ace and Sabo did say he wanted to be pirate originally. Not a revolutionary. Plus Sabo said that he's inherited Ace's will basically, I believe. Luffy called the Mera Mera basically an embodiment of Ace. Ace is Roger's son, Whitebeard wanted to make him King (to follow Roger's will) and Ace wanted to make Whitebeard King. Luffy wants to be King and maybe following Ace's will, Sabo will push to make Luffy King. Plus Sabo is missing all of sudden.

Then when you consider that Blackbeard is making some serious moves and Oda has shown that individually that Luffy is SEVERELY undermatched against the other Yonko. Both in power and crew strength.
If you rank the Strawhats to the Yonko's (including Whitebeard and Roger) or supposed top 6 it may look something like this:
Luffy-Roger- Whitebeard-Big Mom-Kaido-Shanks-Blackbeard
Zoro-Rayleigh-Marco-Katakuri-King-Beckmann-Shiryu
Sanji-Scopper-Ace-Smoothie-Queen-Lucky Roo-Augur-Oden (just for somewhere to put him both for roger and Whitebeard)
Jinbe-Roger Pirate (Oden I guess)-Jozu-Cracker (Probably lower)-Jack-Yasopp-Burgess

This is the dropoff here
Franky-Roger Pirate-Thatch-Perospero-Apoo-Red Hair Pirate-Lafitte
Brook-Roger Pirate-Vista-Oven-Drake-Red Hair Pirate-Pizarro
Robin-Roger Pirate-Blamenco-Daifuku-Hawkins-Red Hair Pirate-Devon

Weak Trio-3 Roger Pirates-Rakuyo-Compote/Tamago/Pekoms-3 of the Flying 6-3 Red Hair Pirates-Vasco/Sanjuan Wolf/Doc Q
The weak trio would be severely outclassed. And that Mid Trio as well would be no match for the bottom 3 in these crews as well as more. This is just crew to crew with no allies.

Luffy would need all the help he can get once you get past the quartet. A Quintet of Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Sabo and Jinbe would provide that. How he would fit into the power balance is an issue but it would even itself out eventually.

It sounds ridiculous but Oda is full of surprises. Maybe that could be the fates Oda is alluding to.
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Sabo
Jinbe
Hancock
Franky
Brook
Robin
Chopper
Usopp
Nami
Vivi

13 crew members. Of course I'm basing this on a by end of series for the top 6. Oda may just not have time to really fully develop all the weaker characters. I'm sure if Oda didn't plan to end One Piece for another 15 years instead, then he'd have all the time to slowly develop characters to match power levels. But look at Wano, he needed to throw so many allies in with the strawhats to match a yonko crew that it only makes sense that he has to including stronger characters in the crew. And he may deal with them like he is Jinbe. It looks like Jinbe may be too overpowered based on the Big Mom fight, so he keeps Jinbe out of play for a bit. It would be cool to have Sabo and Hancock as official members.

Of course I'm never right about these things but it would be cool

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well this is a wildcard but when Sabo regained his memories, Koala asked if he was leaving. Then Sabo said that if Luffy is in trouble he'd be there to protect him. So now this could be foreshadowing. If you think about it, Sabo deeply regrets not being able to protect Ace and Sabo did say he wanted to be pirate originally. Not a revolutionary. Plus Sabo said that he's inherited Ace's will basically, I believe. Luffy called the Mera Mera basically an embodiment of Ace. Ace is Roger's son, Whitebeard wanted to make him King (to follow Roger's will) and Ace wanted to make Whitebeard King. Luffy wants to be King and maybe following Ace's will, Sabo will push to make Luffy King. Plus Sabo is missing all of sudden.

Then when you consider that Blackbeard is making some serious moves and Oda has shown that individually that Luffy is SEVERELY undermatched against the other Yonko. Both in power and crew strength.
If you rank the Strawhats to the Yonko's (including Whitebeard and Roger) or supposed top 6 it may look something like this:
Luffy-Roger- Whitebeard-Big Mom-Kaido-Shanks-Blackbeard
Zoro-Rayleigh-Marco-Katakuri-King-Beckmann-Shiryu
Sanji-Scopper-Ace-Smoothie-Queen-Lucky Roo-Augur-Oden (just for somewhere to put him both for roger and Whitebeard)
Jinbe-Roger Pirate (Oden I guess)-Jozu-Cracker (Probably lower)-Jack-Yasopp-Burgess

This is the dropoff here
Franky-Roger Pirate-Thatch-Perospero-Apoo-Red Hair Pirate-Lafitte
Brook-Roger Pirate-Vista-Oven-Drake-Red Hair Pirate-Pizarro
Robin-Roger Pirate-Blamenco-Daifuku-Hawkins-Red Hair Pirate-Devon

Weak Trio-3 Roger Pirates-Rakuyo-Compote/Tamago/Pekoms-3 of the Flying 6-3 Red Hair Pirates-Vasco/Sanjuan Wolf/Doc Q
The weak trio would be severely outclassed. And that Mid Trio as well would be no match for the bottom 3 in these crews as well as more. This is just crew to crew with no allies.

Luffy would need all the help he can get once you get past the quartet. A Quintet of Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Sabo and Jinbe would provide that. How he would fit into the power balance is an issue but it would even itself out eventually.

It sounds ridiculous but Oda is full of surprises. Maybe that could be the fates Oda is alluding to.
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Sabo
Jinbe
Hancock
Franky
Brook
Robin
Chopper
Usopp
Nami
Vivi

Of course I'm basing this on a by end of series for this top 6
I don't think so.

Luffy success roger
Sabo success dragon and
Koby success garp

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Coby May success Sengoku :pepethinking:
koby's character doesn't match sengoku fujitora fits better here

so I think either he'll success tsuru or z

or maybe koby'll be a new type

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
koby's character doesn't match sengoku fujitora fits better here

so I think either he'll success tsuru or z

or maybe koby'll be a new type
Na koby have soo much similarities to garp like friendly to pirates etc...

Top Bottom