Chapter Discussion One Piece 1001: The decisive Battle of Monsters on Onigashima

Rate the Chapter

• Awesome

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Average

• Meh

• Poor

• Awful

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1001
Title: The decisive Battle of Monsters on Onigashima

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
Onepiecechapters com

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1001 QUICK SUMMARY
Luffy's punch hurt Kaido. Law gets ruffled being ordered around. Kid, Law, and Luffy play a game "first to flinch loses!" in which Law and Kid think it's a stupid game but gets a bit crispy anyway because they didn't want to flinch 1st and lose to Luffy. Zoro and Killer have a heart to heart with some violence threatened. Kaido says "Bring it!"

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Godly panel. It gives off the perfect "final boss" vibe. Chills!!! :pepeexcited:

Looks like Zoro is still not in full control of Enma yet.
But that is a foreshadowing for what will happen next: he will deal the final blow against Kaido's dragon form with Enma's full power.

And it feels like Zoro doesn't have any clue that Luffy's ryuo is basically the same as the technique he learned against Mr 1.
I wonder if we'll get a short dialog between them.
Then Zoro figures out the best way to damage Kaido is by using the same technique alongside Enma's full power.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That last panel is just awesome.
I actually like it more than the ch 1000 cliffhanger and that's saying something.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Has anyone noticed how blackbeard isnt among those people that could fight him?
I mean kaidou thinks about them but obviously doesnt consider Blackbeard as someone who can fight him. Quite interesting given the fact that he is one of the 4 emperors. Still believe that he will be killed by blackbeard after his defeat against Luffy.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I mean kaidou thinks about them but obviously doesnt consider Blackbeard as someone who can fight him. Quite interesting given the fact that he is one of the 4 emperors. Still believe that he will be killed by blackbeard after his defeat against Luffy.
I think because those are the people who actually had a fight against him. So it's safe to assume that BB never and will never have a chance to face him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If you put it that way, then not even Big Mom was drawn on that panel. But we all know BM is fully capable of fighting Kaido.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If you put it that way, then not even Big Mom was drawn on that panel. But we all know BM is fully capable of fighting Kaido.
Can we be sure that Big Mom ever learned to use destructive CoA?

Right now I come up with the conclusion neither BM nor Kaidou learned this kind of Haki. With both of them being uber tanky powerhorses with overpowered DF (but without destructive CoA).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Right now I come up with the conclusion neither BM nor Kaidou learned this kind of Haki. With both of them being uber tanky powerhorses with overpowered DF (but without destructive CoA).
with them being the top pirates of the current era and even people like sentomaru and the boa sisters being able to use it, i highly doubt that BM and kaido doesn't have advanced haki. This chapter also pretty much confirms that kaido is not just a mindless tank with no technique since he speed blitzed luffy, showing that he's a complete fighter.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I just hope that when they animate this Kaido actually speed blitzes Luffy, instead of having another one of those nausea inducing wind up scenes only for it to turn into a stupid power struggle.
-Removed due to off topicness: A long rant about how awful some Naotoshi Shida scenes look in the anime-

Overall this Chapter was the most I´ve laughed in a while. Those three ugly faces, and them eyeing each other :dogkek: _hypejoy:.
And Kaido and Big Mom are just like Buggy-sama. They want Luffys treasure. Maybe one of them takes his straw hat? Big Mom already has a hat so probably Kaido.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
with them being the top pirates of the current era and even people like sentomaru and the boa sisters being able to use it, i highly doubt that BM and kaido doesn't have advanced haki. This chapter also pretty much confirms that kaido is not just a mindless tank with no technique since he speed blitzed luffy, showing that he's a complete fighter.
Thats why I call them uber tanky powerhorses.

And you are wrong. Neither Boa Sisters nor Sentomaru were able to use it.
Hyo said:
Boa Sisters and Sentomaru only able to use the right same goes for Hyo who reached Luffy using advance CoA.

So far we have only 7 confirmed characters who are/were able to use that kind of Haki.
  1. Rayleigh (shown in Sabaody)
  2. Luffy
  3. Shanks (Manage to hurt Kaido)
  4. Roger (Manage to hurt Kaido)
  5. WB (Manage to hurt Kaido)
  6. Oden (Manage to hurt Kaido)
  7. Xebec (Manage to hurt Kaido)
And yeah there a few characters we can discuss about.

Like its obvious that Garp and Sengoku have it, cause Roger saw them as worthy opponents and thus Shiki should have/had it too.

Mihawk should also have it cause otherwise he wouldn't be able to cut as much as Oden, would be strange for current WSS to not be able to cut as much as Oden.

Then there is Teach. Teach should have because of the way Shanks is hyping him. (Not shown as Silhouette cause he never faced Kaidou).

Kaidou and Big Mom could have it, but I wouldn't be suprise if they won't. Both of them are Natural Born Monsters: Super fast, super strong and super robust since birth. Besides that each of them has one of the most powerful DFs. For me they are strong enough even without this kind of Haki. And there are hints that they don't have it. Kaidou always refered this haki as "Odens Haki", would he do this if he could use it on his own? And why didn't BM appear as Silhouette behind Luffy (even Xebec die, it had nothing to do with being a good one). And the we can compare the clash between BM and Kaidou with the clash between Roger and WB(for the latter one will refers to the WB Shanks clash, but that happened pre TS before haki was visualisized).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
i think the shilouette doesnt mean anything, i mean there are no Marines there like Garp, Sengoku, or Admirals...

it just showed who Kaidou feared or respected as rival at the current moment/situation, thats why there are no Marines, and no Big Mom either, coz she is a partner at the current moments...

by the way, this chapter was way way better than chapter 1000 !!!!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda should stop doing things like that. Because of the silhouette I saw too much bullshit online. >.>

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not Oda's fault fandom can't handle themselves. But don't worry, he's already undertaken several steps to teach some lessons to the more mongoloid members of the One Piece community. In a few short months, a lot of people are going to be left feeling very foolish about some of the more thick-headed nonsense they're been engaging in. With any luck, it'll teach a great many about the value of being a lil more open-minded.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Yeah, I've been thinking about that possibility.

Not every yonko has actually mastered advanced armament or observation haki (but Shanks probably has both).
But that doesn't mean Shanks is above BM-Kaido.
It's actually Shanks's mastery of haki that puts him on par with the natural-born monsters that Kaido-BM are (tanky AF, can effortlessly murder people, OP DF).

And with Luffy's current growth, he will eventually surpass them all.
He's not "tanky" in traditional sense, but his rubber body armed with haki can take quite a lot of damage.
He's also crazy fast.
He can hit very hard 1v1.
He can also cause massive destruction.
He can clean up weaklings quickly with conqueror's haki.
He has advanced CoA and CoO.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy best not get too carried away with his fancy new upgrade. Not only will it not be enough, he's def not the only one who's familiar with the technique. Pretty sure we'll be seeing quite many characters appearing who may not be Yonko-class per se, but more than capable of going toe to toe with Luffy for pure Armament Haki mastery.

Sentomaru and Lucci for starters. In fact, it'll probably be revealed as not being altogether that different from the elemental manipulation of the Fishmen, Minks, humans, and more to come. It really all just boils down to manipulating one's external environment with haki. It's just that many haven't quite grasped how all-encompassing this ability is.

Here's a prediction: we'll come to learn that Giants have their own special "racial" ability -- Earth molding. Which could spell trouble for Luffy if say some Earth Benders ( obligatory Avatar shout-out ) decide to go about unleashing attacks targeting the more earthy bits in the human body, e.g. the iron in the blood, carbon, phosphorous...and Kaido and Big Mom both do possess their own respective links to giants. They may not be entirely aware of what it is they're doing, but I think there's a good chance they or someone below them in power will be issuing Luffy a rude awakening. This was always meant to end with the Strawhats and allies paying for their hubris.

It's actually Shanks's mastery of haki that puts him on par with the natural-born monsters that Kaido-BM are (tanky AF, can effortlessly murder people, OP DF).
Pretty much what I believe, only it goes much deeper than what many might think. I think everyone in Shanks' crew is skilled in haki to the point they can basically replicate DF abilities, if not counter others completely through elemental manipulation. For instance, there's a very particular reason Kizaru was wary of crossing Benn Beckmann. Dude's a natural Light Bender.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah, I've been thinking about that possibility.

Not every yonko has actually mastered advanced armament or observation haki (but Shanks probably has both).
But that doesn't mean Shanks is above BM-Kaido.
It's actually Shanks's mastery of haki that puts him on par with the natural-born monsters that Kaido-BM are
(tanky AF, can effortlessly murder people, OP DF).

And with Luffy's current growth, he will eventually surpass them all.
He's not "tanky" in traditional sense, but his rubber body armed with haki can take quite a lot of damage.
He's also crazy fast.
He can hit very hard 1v1.
He can also cause massive destruction.
He can clean up weaklings quickly with conqueror's haki.
He has advanced CoA and CoO.
Thats exactly what I am thinking. That would also mean Kaidou and Big Mom could fught each other endlessly with them not really being able to hurt each other :blobthinkhappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom