Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think that if you want you can read that Luffy is doing exactly what you want him to do. He seems to clearly take the lead and is doing the most damage. Just because Zoro attacks Kaido with an attack that he is succesfully able to dodge. Luffy is doing fine, no need to belittle him like he is being crushed. Zoro being able to use an attack that can take Kaido's head off is not only a testiment of his strength but also justified because of who'm he wants to surpass. I am sure that Mihawk is stronger than Kaido or Oden and both Luffy and Zoro will get way stronger within this fight. Luffy hasn't even started yet, he hasn't used his g4 form he invented to counter Kaido(and it fits against Big Mom's sice/fighting style as well), he hasn't used his "implosion flowing" haki that Shanks/Rayleigh mastered when Kaido eventually goes into his hybrid form and Big Mom shows more of her devil fruit. Zoro hasn't even mastered Enma yet and will turn it into a black blade within this fight, proving he has full control over it and that alone, could make him be close to Mihawks level. And for Luffy its even a bit more crazy, because he is not even showing what he has got and will additionally improve dramatically in other ways as well. So no need to get worked up over some growing pains along the way.
Stop right there. Mihawk stronger than Kaido and Oden? Get back on earth. I'm not even gonna read the rest.
[automerge]1612140505[/automerge]
As for me, I'm happy Oda finally confirmed what I've been saying for 6 whole years. Zoro came out of the TS way stronger than anyone. Miles away from Luffy. Oda did everything in his power to restrain him and not disturb the shonen balance that's why his only serious fight will be with the 4ko alongside Luffy so that it's left open to discuss. I guess we got closure for the vs Z debate. Now it's going to be L vs Z

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best not to get caught up in arbitrary prerequisites to these characters achieving their stated dreams and goals.....Zoro HAS to do this, Luffy has to accomplish that...They really don't. And they're not going to, in my humble opinion. Strap yourself in, because the Strawhats are going to be cheated out of a lot of their objectives, at least as it relates to the exact manner they envisioned achieving them.

And that's fine. Because dreams can evolve, change, and/or be fulfilled in other ways. That will ultimately prove to be the point: a dream doesn't simply die just because it doesn't pan out in the exact way one imagined it. To think otherwise is to engage in shortsighted, petty hubris, the sort which Fate/the Universe in OP is certain to fuck with. And therein lies a lot of the drama...and the lessons inherent to the OP philosophy.

That's not to say everyone still can't have and eat their cake in some way. Zoro will have his shining moment against Kaido to prove his worth...it just probably won't be by means of landing the critical hit in the battle or whatever. There's many, many ways these characters can rack up feats and recognition that don't center on any one restrictive path of two dimensional, worn out Shonen tropes.

For instance, I'm telling you: this arc started with a seppuku ritual, the overall Wano story's going to come full circle and end that way too, albeit with Zoro now playing the role of the merciful second. Bank on it.

Few other spoiler warnings:

Zoro isn't getting his cherished climactic duel w/ Mihawk.

Enma is going to break by the end of this battle or soon enough.

Luffy isn't defeating Kaido, Big Mom, Shanks, or perhaps not even Blackbeard in the end in 1-on-1 battles....so far as the latter is concerned, at least not in the exact way Luffy or the fans may've conceived. Let's just say there's going to be a lot of mitigating circumstances to go around in the final battle....because these are pirates after all, and what're pirates known for but cheating the rules.

But again, don't fret too much, cuz Oda will assuredly craft the story in a way that these characters will nonetheless achieve all their dreams, albeit in ways which play on interpretation...sorta how prophecies can unfold in ways that defy expectations, depending on how the particulars take shape.

This is no doubt sure to cause a shitshow amongst the fandom, and will no doubt lead to a lot of upset and anguished readers. Well, that too is the point: again, Oda has a lot to say on the subject of inflexible modes of thinking, and the fandom's bad habits for one will fall squarely within his intended truth bombings. They can wizen up, learn their lessons, and deal....or they won't. And Oda won't shift course regardless, because he's not sacrificing the core philosophy at the heart of OP over readers' inability to accept that say Sanji can exploit loopholes in his vow against hitting woman, or that Zoro can become the WSS without fighting Mihawk, yadda yadda yadda...

Mark my words, Oda is going to be subverting a lot of the standard shonen cliches. OP is not fated to become another Naruto, Fairy Tail, or any other cookie cutter modern day shonen battle manga. By all means, stick with tried and true assumptions, but don't have a cow when Oda ultimately shatters expectations and yelling out "APRIL FOOLS" again...and again....and again....Keep an open mind, that's all I'm saying.

And if I'm wrong, well, fuck me then lol. Gotta be able to laugh at yourself when one is made a fool of by reality and truth. Therein lies wisdom.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best not to get caught up in arbitrary prerequisites to these characters achieving their stated dreams and goals.....Zoro HAS to do this, Luffy has to accomplish that...They really don't. And they're not going to, in my humble opinion. Strap yourself in, because the Strawhats are going to be cheated out of a lot of their objectives, at least as it relates to the exact manner they envisioned achieving them.

And that's fine. Because dreams can evolve, change, and/or be fulfilled in other ways. That will ultimately prove to be the point: a dream doesn't simply die just because it doesn't pan out in the exact way one imagined it. To think otherwise is to engage in shortsighted, petty hubris, the sort which Fate/the Universe in OP is certain to fuck with. And therein lies a lot of the drama...and the lessons inherent to the OP philosophy.

That's not to say everyone still can't have and eat their cake in some way. Zoro will have his shining moment against Kaido to prove his worth...it just probably won't be by means of landing the critical hit in the battle or whatever. There's many, many ways these characters can rack up feats and recognition that don't center on any one restrictive path of two dimensional, worn out Shonen tropes.

For instance, I'm telling you: this arc started with a seppuku ritual, the overall Wano story's going to come full circle and end that way too, albeit with Zoro now playing the role of the merciful second. Bank on it.

Few other spoiler warnings:

Zoro isn't getting his cherished climactic duel w/ Mihawk.

Enma is going to break by the end of this battle or soon enough.

Luffy isn't defeating Kaido, Big Mom, Shanks, or perhaps not even Blackbeard in the end in 1-on-1 battles....so far as the latter is concerned, at least not in the exact way Luffy or the fans may've conceived. Let's just say there's going to be a lot of mitigating circumstances to go around in the final battle....because these are pirates after all, and what're pirates known for but cheating the rules.

But again, don't fret too much, cuz Oda will assuredly craft the story in a way that these characters will nonetheless achieve all their dreams, albeit in ways which play on interpretation...sorta how prophecies can unfold in ways that defy expectations, depending on how the particulars take shape.

This is no doubt sure to cause a shitshow amongst the fandom, and will no doubt lead to a lot of upset and anguished readers. Well, that too is the point: again, Oda has a lot to say on the subject of inflexible modes of thinking, and the fandom's bad habits for one will fall squarely within his intended truth bombings. They can wizen up, learn their lessons, and deal....or they won't. And Oda won't shift course regardless, because he's not sacrificing the core philosophy at the heart of OP over readers' inability to accept that say Sanji can exploit loopholes in his vow against hitting woman, or that Zoro can become the WSS without fighting Mihawk, yadda yadda yadda...

Mark my words, Oda is going to be subverting a lot of the standard shonen cliches. OP is not fated to become another Naruto, Fairy Tail, or any other cookie cutter modern day shonen battle manga. By all means, stick with tried and true assumptions, but don't have a cow when Oda ultimately shatters expectations and yelling out "APRIL FOOLS" again...and again....and again....Keep an open mind, that's all I'm saying.

And if I'm wrong, well, fuck me then lol. Gotta be able to laugh at yourself when one is made a fool of by reality and truth. Therein lies wisdom.
Zoro won't fight Mihawk
Enma breaking is possible but that would mean Zoro ain't strong enough and at this point it's not happening. Black blades are the next stop no more new sword.
PK = getting on Raftel so Luffy won't beat 4ko and all alone.
As for Zoro I'm not worried because his dream is strength based so I can enjoy the power scaling Muhahaha

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I understand ur point but ursus got Oars Jr and not only did Zoro tank Oars like everyone but he took all of Luffys pain exhaustion from the shadow using Gears and damage from EL to TB and still managed to keep his consciousness he slept after that. KKG power is decent but it's not that OP. Current Zoro would be fine after that. Ok maybe fine is stretching it
That's what i said before, he took Luffy's pain just from Thriller Bark fights and look how his condition is while Luffy was barely bleeding...

As for King Kong Gun, i personally thought, if it was Zoro who fights with Dofla and he was the one who attacked by God Thread:Sixteen Holy Assassin's Bullets, i doubt that he can even tank it, let it alone King Kong Gun...

Luffy is already as serious as he will get, so don't expect Luffy to become stronger just by changing his attitude, especially when his going all out against Kaido while Zoro still hasn't used his strongest move ASURA yet.

Emma's attack that Zoro used in this chapter is already stronger than KING KONG GUN, now imagine ASURA with Enma. I'm sure Luffy will get another power up (gear 5th maybe) but that power up will just elevate Luffy to Zoro's level but unlike Zoro Luffy will have new drawbacks from new gear.

When Zoro fans were saying that Zoro is stronger than Luffy and that he came out of time-skip stronger than Luffy I laughed at them, but look at it now... Oda has given in to Zoro fans, Zoro will probably continue to be at the very least as strong as Luffy and some times even stronger to help him defeat the Emperors because pathetic Luffy is only big at talks but doesn't have the strength to back his words up.
Luffy never really serious before he got beaten...u should know that, that's why Zoro tell him to get serious after defeated by Caesar....

About those attack, Luffy's KKG would destroy the entire skull.....

And about Enma, you should understand what Kawamatsu said here....it was because of Enma, Oden soul reside in it, Zoro could never pull those kind of attack with only Wado Ichimonji with just Kuina soul, so it's the sword itself who help Zoro become this strong....if Zoro relied this much to Enma, can u really call Zoro is strong without Enma ??

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That's what i said before, he took Luffy's pain just from Thriller Bark fights and look how his condition is while Luffy was barely bleeding...

As for King Kong Gun, i personally thought, if it was Zoro who fights with Dofla and he was the one who attacked by God Thread:Sixteen Holy Assassin's Bullets, i doubt that he can even tank it, let it alone King Kong Gun...
He would have cut it clear and clean

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Enma breaking is possible but that would mean Zoro ain't strong enough and at this point it's not happening. Black blades are the next stop no more new sword.
Here's the thing: swords ( like people ) can be reforged; they may be exactly the same in every single minute way, but in the ways that matter....

And who says Zoro's going to keep Enma in the end, eh?

Variety is the spice of life, as they say, and it falls alongside flexibility, adaptation, as being key strengths in the Taoist's point of view. Going with that, I fully expect Zoro's going to be cycling through a shitload of different swords...and "swords" ....as the story progresses. Cuz he's fated to walk a similar path as Mushashi Miyamoto imo, and eventually wield a fucking wooden oar or stick or whatever, turning THAT into a permanently black blade, from scratch....a sword all his own, fueled by his own will. And along the way he'll be developing a new sword style known as Mugentoryuu or however it'd be spelled in Japanese....ie Infinite Sword Style -- the ability to improvise and wield anything as a weapon, even turning it permanently black if he chooses to one day do so.

My theory: Mihawk's Yoru started out as a wooden cross sharpened into the shape of a sword. It was all but telegraphed by that one tree we glimpsed in that kingdom he occupied, the stump carved into the shape of a cross. That's right, Count Dracula the WSS wields a fucking wooden stake as his blade.

I'm pretty sure what we're going to see is Zoro ( and all the Strawhats ) fucking up so badly they realize they need to start over again, part of which entails going back to basics. In Zoro's case, that means going back to using a wooden training sword....and learning how to fuel it with his will alone.

Doesn't mean he won't wield any other proper swords...just means we shouldn't pin his ability to eventually turn a blade black on any one sword. Again, if anything, I'm betting he'll want to do so on his own terms, by his own will, in at least one case anyways. Obviously, Inherited Will is also a big thing, so working in tandem with the established "wills" and "legacies" of sentient Cursed Swords is also a def development set in stone....but Zoro's well known for wielding multiple swords at once, so there's room for various possibilities.

That's not even mentioning Zoro eventually learning how to wield a white sword, or turning a blade black and white...heh.

Interesting times are ahead. Fans of Zoro, Luffy, etc. actually have a lot to look forward to, to be honest. They just need to be wary of falling into the various traps -- literally YEARS in the making -- that Oda's been meticulously laying out all this time, even by at times actively stoking and fomenting many of the fandom's pet peeves following the time-skip. Don't be led astray by the prospects offered by black blades and special haki and other such "game-changing" upgrades; these aren't the sure bets people think they are. In fact, fervent belief in as much is precisely what's going to lead to the heroes' downfall soon enough.

The writing's certainly on the wall in Zoro's case. I keep saying it: Enma is going to fuck him over badly. And that's on Zoro for entering a fight against two fucking Yonko without achieving anything close to mastery over Enma, haki-related swordsmanship, or what have you.

Part of the problem lies in this errant belief that the story's running on some kinda accelerated tight schedule. Spoiler, guys: One Piece is not ending in 4 years or whatever it is now...much like how the Wano arc will prob "officially" end after the good guys are defeated, the story will yet continue to unfold....just under a different title.

Think about it: if you're Oda, and you're dealing with probably the most passionate, obstinate theory community in all of manga, how better to fuck with fans' ability to predict your moves than by proposing some artificial, very finite timeline that'll undoubtedly lead to overly quick assumptions...and thereby also elegantly playing into the many themes being showcased throughout the story, and especially in the core Wano narrative as it stands.

Check it, guys, some of the more prominent themes thus far center around deceit, misconceptions, sleight of hand....games. That's what Oda's been doing all this time so far as it relates to his and the work's relationship with the fans and theory community: you could say he's treating it as one big, long-term poker game. Think about what means so far as how Oda plans to bust predictions and spring surprises on people. Don't get too fixated on the "obvious" bread crumb trails he's been planting, or you'll find yourself face to face with a bunch of Joker cards.

Just my take, as always.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm pretty sure what we're going to see is Zoro ( and all the Strawhats ) fucking up so badly they realize they need to start over again, part of which entails going back to basics. In Zoro's case, that means going back to using a wooden training sword....and learning how to fuel it with his will alone.
I see this as needing another time skip, but the problem is there is soooo much happening outside of Wano and things moving so quickly I don't think a timeskip can happen. So going back to relearn won't be able to happen until after reaching Laughtale...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I see this as needing another time skip, but the problem is there is soooo much happening outside of Wano and things moving so quickly I don't think a timeskip can happen. So going back to relearn won't be able to happen until after reaching Laughtale...
It's probably neither here nor there, but the way I see the forthcoming story taking shape in the coming year....there may be a short timeskip of say maybe a month or so, but the Strawhats will by and large be learning as they go....and let's just say extreme circumstances and hardships following their upcoming defeat will force them to undergo crash training courses from hell. Trials by fire and all that.

That and overall events will soon begin to coalesce both in Wano and...other locations... before ultimately converging back onto Wano proper. We're talking straight up major Final War/Rocks-related happenings, e.g. the Destruction of Fishman Island going down relatively soon. This probably isn't the best place to elaborate, but here's the basic narrative framework I see forming over the next 2 years:

- Strawhats are captured and tortured, shitty times all around. They'll face defeat numerous times throughout this time, w/ Luffy in particular getting beat down multiple times by Kaido.

- Heroes will escape and make one last heroic go of it....and lose again. This is their Sisyphian Ordeal.

- Strawhats, plot, setting will all begin to fragment, diverge, and spread out into other locales...for Wano's story is deeply tied to that of several other nations such as Fishman Island, Kano, and others. Kano itself will be another major arc-within-an-arc soon to come.

- However, what we're going to see unfold is a Journey to the West and Back Again type deal; the characters and story will ultimately converge and wind their way back to Wano once again, essentially resolving wrapping up several plot threads and mini-arc finales all in one glorious, epic brush stroke.

Long story short, the war against Big Mom and Kaido will be put temp on hold as the Strawhats are obligated to seek out help, power up on the go, and face even more new enemies popping up as the Rocks threats really starts ramping up once Shiki formally makes his epic reappearance :V. But ultimately, it'll all weave together, ensuring Oda can check off dozens upon dozens of plot beats in the most timely and efficient manner possible.

So get ready for World War Rocks. Wano thus far was just a prelude to a mega-arc which is still very much centered around Wano and will conclude therein, but even this still only really encompasses about I dunno one third or half of the long-awaited "Final War" we've all been expecting in our minds. Following this will undoubtedly be Ragnarok going down in Elbaf once the WG and Blackbeard turn their sights on Shanks and the Giants in Stage 2 of the Final Conflict. Once Laughtale is over and done with, all that'll remain is Im and Blackbeard's final reckoning...and the complete fragmentation of the world at large.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's probably neither here nor there, but the way I see the forthcoming story taking shape in the coming year....there may be a short timeskip of say maybe a month or so, but the Strawhats will by and large be learning as they go....and let's just say extreme circumstances and hardships following their upcoming defeat will force them to undergo crash training courses from hell. Trials by fire and all that.

That and overall events will soon begin to coalesce both in Wano and...other locations... before ultimately converging back onto Wano proper. We're talking straight up major Final War/Rocks-related happenings, e.g. the Destruction of Fishman Island going down relatively soon. This probably isn't the best place to elaborate, but here's the basic narrative framework I see forming over the next 2 years:

- Strawhats are captured and tortured, shitty times all around. They'll face defeat numerous times throughout this time, w/ Luffy in particular getting beat down multiple times by Kaido.

- Heroes will escape and make one last heroic go of it....and lose again. This is their Sisyphian Ordeal.

- Strawhats, plot, setting will all begin to fragment, diverge, and spread out into other locales...for Wano's story is deeply tied to that of several other nations such as Fishman Island, Kano, and others. Kano itself will be another major arc-within-an-arc soon to come.

- However, what we're going to see unfold is a Journey to the West and Back Again type deal; the characters and story will ultimately converge and wind their way back to Wano once again, essentially resolving wrapping up several plot threads and mini-arc finales all in one glorious, epic brush stroke.

Long story short, the war against Big Mom and Kaido will be put temp on hold as the Strawhats are obligated to seek out help, power up on the go, and face even more new enemies popping up as the Rocks threats really starts ramping up once Shiki formally makes his epic reappearance :V. But ultimately, it'll all weave together, ensuring Oda can check off dozens upon dozens of plot beats in the most timely and efficient manner possible.

So get ready for World War Rocks. Wano thus far was just a prelude to a mega-arc which is still very much centered around Wano and will conclude therein, but even this still only really encompasses about I dunno one third or half of the long-awaited "Final War" we've all been expecting in our minds. Following this will undoubtedly be Ragnarok going down in Elbaf once the WG and Blackbeard turn their sights on Shanks and the Giants in Stage 2 of the Final Conflict. Once Laughtale is over and done with, all that'll remain is Im and Blackbeard's final reckoning...and the complete fragmentation of the world at large.
That seems a lot more story than what's been said the last couple years 😅
Though if we're stuck with Wano Wars for the next 5 years even I will get bored. :chuu:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hard to. Only if the thread dodge :dogkek:
He can missed attacking a gigantic dragon, why he cant miss Dofla's attack ?

Btw let it alone God Thread, i even doubt Zoro can cut Spider Web without Enma 🤣

Owh yeah, if a gigantic dragon who doesnt have a FS can dodge Zoro's attack, i wonder if Zoro can land a single hit to the Master of Dodging Katakuri 😆

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That seems a lot more story than what's been said the last couple years 😅
Though if we're stuck with Wano Wars for the next 5 years even I will get bored. :chuu:
Eh. Admittedly seems like a lot of wild conjecture, but it's what I'm confident everything's leading to. There's a lot more to it to support my rationale, but that's a whole thesis and a half that would be best suited posted elsewhere. I've clogged up this thread enough as is.

So far as the setting is concerned, it wouldn't even be entirely centering around Wano per se. More like Wano, Kano, Fishman Island, and various other locales here and there over the course of the next two or so years. Wano was just the first stop/opening act to what I foresee being more or less a 3 Act mega arc involving several other nations that will form what we'll call a coalition of sorts under the resurgent Rocks Pirates banner....with many incidentally representing several real world nations w/ a bone to pick w/ Japan, historically speaking.

What's more, a great many just happen to be/having been Communist countries, adding another important layer to the social commentary/philosophical side of things; let's just say Shiki's grand plan includes but is not limited to engineering a certain Cultural/Global Revolution to rail against the WG and the current status quo. This is the ( Red ) Dawn that many were anticipating...just nowhere close to what binary-minded readers were expecting, of course. Such are the pitfalls of black/white modes of thought. Ruh oh.

Aside from that, for better or worse, this is Oda's home country we're talking about, so it's going to receive a lot of focus, as is the overall Asian sphere in general. In a way, could say it also plays into the idea of being careful what one wishes for. So many of us were so desperate and anxious for Whole Cake Island to end so we could dive straight into Wano....well, we got what we wanted, and we're still not set to leave just yet lol. Remember how some readers posited how WB and Oden's less than enthusiastic reactions to the idea of returning to Wano were Oda's cheeky nods to readers complaints over how boring Wano was early on? I don't think that's too far off from the truth. Let's just say I firmly believe Oda's got some very ambitious plans in mind when it comes to the manipulation of his readers' perceptions, and just how easily they can be swayed in either direction. But again, that's another long topic of discussion in itself.

Setting aside, I wouldn't worry too much about the span of this hypothetical mega-arc either; let's just say that by benefit of the Rocks members' collective abilities and a certain Ancient Weapon called Uranus, time and distance will be drastically cut short by bringing a lot of various islands/nations together in most literal fashion, eventually bridging all these and Wano together to conclude their joint stories all at once, all the while relaying a huge chunk of the truth behind the history of the OP world as we go along.

You could look at it as modern day continent pulling....or a repeat of the God Valley incident en masse, with entire islands and countries being uprooted and vanishing all over the place; entire countries literally being moved around like chess pieces : \/

I'll end by saying this too just to further allay an worries about Wano overextending its welcome as a setting, while also issuing a few other predictions: following the failure of the Onigashima Raid, Luffy, Kid, and perhaps even the Strawhats will at various points be jumping around to many of those islands encountered by the other Supernova, WB, Oden, and Roger throughout their journeys. In Luffy and possibly Kid's case, this'll come about due to Kaido taking a keen interest in these upstarts, personally seeing to continuing attempts at their "indoctrination" in the form of constant challenges that one might even see as a twisted form of "training," taking them on a tour of all these various islands to both torment and toughen them up as he proceeds to repeatedly beat them down and leave them to die/survive and drag themselves back to their feet to try try again.

As others have speculated elsewhere, can't help but agree that at least one of these locations, Kaido's favorite Winter Island, is in all likelihood the reportedly missing God Valley. That should peak a lot of peoples' interest.

A few last insane, context-free predictions:

Not God Valley....it's God Vali/Vaali.

And the island in question is actually a ginormous sea turtle with an artificial shell/city/mausoleum constructed on its back. This is where the deceased members of the Rocks were buried...and incidentally where Moriah probably dug up their bodies, along with that of Oars.....or should I say "Oars," because it's a case of Moriah being confused and instead finding instead the corpse of Oars' brother Anchor....which incidentally was Shanks and Co's nickname for Luffy allll the way back in chapter 1.

You might ask where I'm getting all this this shit. Well, let's just say for now it involves the famous temple of Angkor Wat in Cambodia, its associated Turtle God Kurma ( Karma? ), Norse god Vali, the Monkey King Vali from the Hindu Ramayana, the man I fully believe Kaido looked up to when he was but a Rocks apprentice, Ginbu ( blatant reference to Genbu ), the various World Turtle myths, and a crapload of other stuff.

Bonus: check out the concept art for the giant island turtle from Strongworld. Anything there seem awfully familiar?

https://i.ibb.co/7J79DbR/Maou-Game.png

P.S. know how I mentioned Enma would shatter possibly during this fight? That'll prob come about as a result of Zoro swinging Enma way too hard down upon Kaido's back, only for the blade to break once Kaido manifests a shell of his own; that's right, bitches, Kaido -- one reading of which nets you way of the shell -- really is fucking Bowser, if Bowser were combined w/ Mario

Like many of the other top Beas Pirate brass, Kaido here is part Fishman, albeit from a unique branch: dude hails from the Sea Turtle bloodline. By the time the fighting winds down, they'll all have revealed their own Trump Cards in the form of possessing Derringer-like Fishmman racial attributes and other such Aces up their sleeves.

so, are you not intrigued yet by what Wano has to offer? >: \/ >:\/ >:\/ !!!!!!!

....yeah, anyway, time to put together a proper theory thread so people can actually understand what I'm ranting and raving about. I won't go on any more tangents here, I swears!

*shifty eyes*

Last edited:

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
so, are you not intrigued yet by what Wano has to offer? >: \/ >:\/ >:\/ !!!!!!!
😅 I just want to see the Strawhats all together and have a their victory party already. I don't want a depressing 2 years worth of One Piece, loss after loss, training, blah blah blah. :LOL:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hunker down with a nice blanket and some depression/comfort snacks :T. The next few months at least are going to be rather rough. But I'll say no more :X

On the bright side, when all's said and done, I promise you, there will be much cause to celebrate and laughter to go around once Wano truly comes to to an end. A lot of somber, bittersweet aspects to be sure, but the sheer feelz, joy, and above all mass partying that'll ensue will shine all the greater after the good guys finally emerge from the depths of hell and their long Night of the Soul to once again embrace the light...and the dark. It's gonna be a Thriller/Yokai Watch kinda jam party that I'll predict will coincide with say....Summer's end/Halloween.

....and then EOS villainous asshole Blackbeard will go ahead and fuck it all up for the Strawhats by the end of Roadstar/Laughtale or thereabouts :catlaugh:

But hey, it's always darkest before the dawn, no? :whistle:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
whenever i read other discussion about zoro are stronger than luffy feels weird to me. no matter how strong the enemy attacks are if luffy can dodge there's no use.. the ability who is OP in this yonko saga is future sight and luffy mastered that broken ability.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I didn't see this turn of events. Appearently, most people don't believe that the Supernovas will defeat the Yonko's in this war. Seems like I have to break something to you guys and not the other way around :dogkek::dogkek:
Well, I called before even the Oden's flashback that Luffy is ready to surpass Kaido because he has mastered all known shades of haki(yes, all of them). Not gonna go into an autistic haki discussion rn(even though I would love to, but I learned nobody will get it who already doesn't get haki. Most people are already bound not to get it through the anime alone. I was a victim, too :pepehands::pepehands:) but there is absolutely no reason why Luffy shouldn't be able to defeat Kaido. Kaido, Big Mom and Luffy are the ones we know are holding back. Kid must have learned a trick but the rest seems to be doing there best. Luffy can use all the haki that Zoro is using and hence why he got the Enma in the first place. To give him a "special boost" by mastering a sword only Oden could master, which in turn would make him what level? Maybe the Oden level that is able to defeat Kaido, even surpassing him and create a black blade out of Enma? Which would mean Zoro will end up stronger than Kaido by necessity if he blackens Enma. There are too many plot points and circumstances around the arc that are just set up for this progression, I like a plot twist like every other guy but don't got ahead of yourself when there is no reason to. I get it, when there is actually no chance of victory or it would be good for the story if the fight is delayed or ends differently but at this point you clearly see, they can mortily wound them from the beginning of the fight. What else would they need to come into this fight so you would say they can beat them rn? I think the answer is nothing, so no reason to expect all the possible plot twists when its not good for the story. We will get plot twists, but they will be different than we think. Probably haki related, true origins, flashbacks, the road poneglyph that is left up, and more.

Though, I feel the need to defend Mihawk>Kaido because its as certain as things can get in OP. Mihawk is the only character portrayed as Shanks' equal and Shanks is #1, pretty self-explanatory. Don't think you find a single instance, outside of Mihawk trying to test his power against WB(that was blocked by somebody else, so no conclusion) that Mihawk would have any problem fighting anybody at any time. He is literally floating alone on the sea, on a 1 man boat. Like what else do you need to know? :pepelaugh::pepelaugh::pepelaugh::pepelaugh::pepelaugh::pepelaugh:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He can missed attacking a gigantic dragon, why he cant miss Dofla's attack ?

Btw let it alone God Thread, i even doubt Zoro can cut Spider Web without Enma 🤣

Owh yeah, if a gigantic dragon who doesnt have a FS can dodge Zoro's attack, i wonder if Zoro can land a single hit to the Master of Dodging Katakuri 😆
Well said Dragon dodged tho. God thread might too
[automerge]1612206157[/automerge]
Master of Dodging Katakuri
He better dodge or he get one shot

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think that if you want you can read that Luffy is doing exactly what you want him to do. He seems to clearly take the lead and is doing the most damage. Just because Zoro attacks Kaido with an attack that he is succesfully able to dodge. Luffy is doing fine, no need to belittle him like he is being crushed. Zoro being able to use an attack that can take Kaido's head off is not only a testiment of his strength but also justified because of who'm he wants to surpass. I am sure that Mihawk is stronger than Kaido or Oden and both Luffy and Zoro will get way stronger within this fight. Luffy hasn't even started yet, he hasn't used his g4 form he invented to counter Kaido(and it fits against Big Mom's sice/fighting style as well), he hasn't used his "implosion flowing" haki that Shanks/Rayleigh mastered when Kaido eventually goes into his hybrid form and Big Mom shows more of her devil fruit. Zoro hasn't even mastered Enma yet and will turn it into a black blade within this fight, proving he has full control over it and that alone, could make him be close to Mihawks level. And for Luffy its even a bit more crazy, because he is not even showing what he has got and will additionally improve dramatically in other ways as well. So no need to get worked up over some growing pains along the way.
The reason why no one has a problem with Zoro having some licks in with Enma is because it's still freakn early in the fight and you're talking like it's 8th and final round. You're thinking that Zoro's part is going to lead to the finishing blow, but we don't even know how this fight will unfold. King and Queen are basically just being delayed by Marco, maybe they will break away and make their way up to the top. Maybe after the floating island reaches it's destination half the young gen guys will be flung away and have to make their way back. Maybe Big Mom starts using her sword more. All we know at this point is that they need to get hits in on Kaido and Big Mom, however they can do it.

Also your comparison to Luffy helping in a fight with Zoro doesn't work. That was always going to be a one on one fight.
We know Luffy needs his crew to take on 2 Yonko, we always knew this was going to be a group effort. (Roger couldn't have become pirate king without the help of his crew as well.)
You guys don't realize how important Enma is in this arc, how important it is in defeating Kaido. Let me remind you about that...

If you remember Kaido's smile army was multi–arc running plot, and people were wondering, how strowhats are going deal with that!?
But as soon as Wano arc started, in first few chapters, Oda (whiteout any shame) introduces a solution to that problem...

And with that, the multi–arc running plot was thrown away, but smile army wasn't the only plot that was thrown away.

Kaido's tough body/scales was long running plot too, and Oda solved that problem the way he did with the smile army.

When Kaido was first introduced, in his introduction it said that "he had challenged both the Emperors and the Navy multiple times...

...and no one was able to truly wound Kaido. Yes, you can damage Kaido with advanced haki but that isn't enough to wound Kaido the necessary amount damage to defeat him. The only one who was able to pull that off was none other than Oden, and Oden did it because of Enma. Enma is the reason Kaido can be defeated and Oda has been very and unapologetically clear about it.

Kaido himself says "that he would allow them to kill him but they aren't Oden and there will never be a monster samurai like him again" which is obviously about Zoro defeating Kaido. I wanna point out that I don't believe in so called "ZKK" I think that's ridiculous, but, Zoro is indeed going to defeat Kaido.

Oda yet again points out Zoro in this panel about no one being able to defeat Kaido, no Luffy but Zoro, and I wonder why... 🤔
Even one piece magazine is pushing it...

Zoro is leading the battle for the PK throne, not Luffy or Kid or Law, but Zoro... of all people Oda chose Zoro.

Also your comparison to Luffy helping in a fight with Zoro doesn't work. That was always going to be a one on one fight.
We know Luffy needs his crew to take on 2 Yonko, we always knew this was going to be a group effort. (Roger couldn't have become pirate king without the help of his crew as well.)
yes, exactly! Zoro should help Luffy by defeating King, leading the war as his right hand man. Why is it so bad to fight king? Is king too weak for Zoro?
[automerge]1612267051[/automerge]
Btw... the spillers for 1003 are already out, can someone open the spiller thread please?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Chapter 1003 spoiler is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom