Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
But Zoro shouldn't be Luffy's Sauke, Zoro is Luffy's right hand man-his follower, Zoro shouldn't overshadow Luffy or his direct rivals, it doesn't make sense.
No you misunderstand me its like yin and yang .

Basically strawhats need light and dark , Zoro is the dark the yang of the crew . Thats why Rayleigh is called Dark king he takes over when Roger is out of scope.

Zoro shines in similar way but i have to stomach this feeling he will surpass Dark king in End of series timeline.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
No you misunderstand me its like yin and yang .

Basically strawhats need light and dark , Zoro is the dark the yang of the crew . Thats why Rayleigh is called Dark king he takes over when Roger is out of scope.

Zoro shines in similar way but i have to stomach this feeling he will surpass Dark king in End of series timeline.
Still, it doesn't mean that Zoro should be over Luffy's rivals. What's the point of Kid or Law then?

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Still, it doesn't mean that Zoro should be over Luffy's rivals. What's the point of Kid or Law then?
Zoro accepts Luffy as his captain and will never duel him.

Kidd will be major obstacle tbh how oda grows him out from here either it will be piss or hype.

At some point kidd will challenge Shanks in storyline so he must yrow stronger from here or meh i will drop him like Law .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
At some point kidd will challenge Shanks in storyline so he must yrow stronger from here or meh i will drop him like Law .
The fact that Oda didn't do anything for Law shows that he will not do anything for kid as well. Yes Oda hyped kid, but Kid will not do anything important in the fight itself but rather he will do something important after the fight, like for example killing Kaido for what he had done to killer as a revenge.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hmm G4 abilities are pretty still time limited . I hate the thing about it is Zoro is actually portrayed better than luffy in last chapter.

No wonder Zoro fap are all over the place in Brago's server. Oda needs to stop downplaying luffy with his G4 abilities why did he even add time limit in first place ?
Oh you're on Brago server?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So, anybody else notice that scorpion hanging out with Reiju was lifted from Strong World?

Here's a teaser: I'm fairly certain many/all these "fan submissions" are really just friends and acquaintances through which Oda's roundabout funneling his own ideas back at himself. Why the elaborate ruse? Several reasons actually. But that's deserving of a proper write-up. It's coming soon, I swears.

But yeah, the Shiki teases and countdown ticks onward.
[automerge]1612713139[/automerge]
The fact that Oda didn't do anything for Law shows that he will not do anything for kid as well. Yes Oda hyped kid, but Kid will not do anything important in the fight itself but rather he will do something important after the fight, like for example killing Kaido for what he had done to killer as a revenge.
I wouldn't worry too much. The real drama will follow in the battle's aftermath and what comes next.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Love this chapter! Ya'll have to check out my theory on the CP-0 agent!

I call him "Mr. Go" for now. Very entertaining and quirky character. Tho all I cared really about for the future is the Hybrid form of Kaido. It's been teased too much that his full "fish form" is too vulnurable. Both Linlin and Kaido look really blood thirsty and I love it! It's just madness!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I saw somebody else point it out over on Reddit: when juxtaposed against Big Mom, Kaido's hybrid form is really large/tall as fuck.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So, anybody else notice that scorpion hanging out with Reiju was lifted from Strong World?

Here's a teaser: I'm fairly certain many/all these "fan submissions" are really just friends and acquaintances through which Oda's roundabout funneling his own ideas back at himself. Why the elaborate ruse? Several reasons actually. But that's deserving of a proper write-up. It's coming soon, I swears.

I wouldn't worry too much. The real drama will follow in the battle's aftermath and what comes next.
Oh you mean Noda Skywalker , he is not fan btw he is English editor working for Viz i think its Greg ? I am not sure ?

Which scorpion are you referring is from strong world need context on Shiki ? We know Shiki has funny business with underworld its entirely possible he knows Germa .
[automerge]1612719092[/automerge]

I agree but Law is no longer threat to Luffy's race to PK because he no longer has ambitions . Thats why i think Kidd and luffy will likely be Admiral level when this arc ends .

We know Kidd has CoC so he is worth to run this race against luffy .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

A while ago we also got some throwbacks to thriller bark. We had a coverpage with the risky brothers squirrels, and the next one was blackbeard brushing his teeth with a hippo that looks suspiciously like Gentleman Hippo:

I think Moria accepted Blackbeards offer to join his crew.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What if BB recruit Mihawk that will be cold twist. I am pretty sure weevil and Mihawk were top guys in his mind.

Weevil purely due to Rock's nostalgia due to connection with bakkins.

Mihawk is like antique to your squad. Migawk joining will reinforce Zorovs Mihawk debate relevant again.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Did I miss a page :pepehmm:

@Srundenx I have to admit this chapter let IT really look like Zoro only being able to Scratch Kaidou via Enma.
I still don't think it is Enmas power, but that Zoro only being to release this power while using Enma.
I've noticed this since Zoro got Enma. Then we got Kawamatsu flashback, he said "When samurai dies, their soul reside within their sword, so that's make samurai who uses that sword become stronger", that's indicating Enma has Oden's soul in it.

Then we got chapter 1001, when Zoro cut Kaidou with Onigiri, he said that he needs to release more of Enma's power. It was Zoro himself who said this. Then we know the rest.

By those proof above, i conclude that Enma is a very strong sword, from my point of view, if it become Kokuto, it could be stronger than Yoru, beside Oden's soul, it's ability to release more of your Ryuo/Busho outside your original ability is so overpowered. It's different from Sushui which a great sword we knew about it, but didn't have an ability like Enma.

That's why i said all of those things about Zoro in the last thread. I concerned about him being to dependant to Enma.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've noticed this since Zoro got Enma. Then we got Kawamatsu flashback, he said "When samurai dies, their soul reside within their sword, so that's make samurai who uses that sword become stronger", that's indicating Enma has Oden's soul in it.

Then we got chapter 1001, when Zoro cut Kaidou with Onigiri, he said that he needs to release more of Enma's power. It was Zoro himself who said this. Then we know the rest.

By those proof above, i conclude that Enma is a very strong sword, from my point of view, if it become Kokuto, it could be stronger than Yoru, beside Oden's soul, it's ability to release more of your Ryuo/Busho outside your original ability is so overpowered. It's different from Sushui which a great sword we knew about it, but didn't have an ability like Enma.

That's why i said all of those things about Zoro in the last thread. I concerned about him being to dependant to Enma.
Well its obvious he is not taking Enma after wano , if you guys forget his true goal is to obtain Nidai kitetsu .

Mostly likely he might also retain Ryuma's sword back and return the Enma back to Tengu for momonusuke to take over.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well its obvious he is not taking Enma after wano , if you guys forget his true goal is to obtain Nidai kitetsu .

Mostly likely he might also retain Ryuma's sword back and return the Enma back to Tengu for momonusuke to take over.
Nidai almost obvious would replace Sandai, if something happen like a sword break, that would be Sandai.

Zoro get Shusui back is possible if he can prove his ability in this arc, and return Enma to Momo/Tengu, but for me, there is also possible that Enma will be kept by Zoro.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nidai almost obvious would replace Sandai, if something happen like a sword break, that would be Sandai.

Zoro get Shusui back is possible if he can prove his ability in this arc, and return Enma to Momo/Tengu, but for me, there is also possible that Enma will be kept by Zoro.
Ya to me what you said made sense i had feeling Zoro has not tapped into full potential of Shusui . Granted Ryuma was strongest swordsman ever lived.

Oda has not touched into lore of sword canon wise Shusui should be deault most op sword to ever exist right ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ya to me what you said made sense i had feeling Zoro has not tapped into full potential of Shusui . Granted Ryuma was strongest swordsman ever lived.

Oda has not touched into lore of sword canon wise Shusui should be deault most op sword to ever exist right ?
We know he was a legend because of his tale about saving Wano by defeating a dragon, but we can't be sure about his power. The only info we knew so far is he was able to upgrade Shusui's level.

With that fact, Shusui probably just a Grade sword from the beginning, but with Ryuma's Soul within it, and after his thousand of battles, it was upgraded to Skillful Grade. Then again, its depend on the user itself. Mihawk would definitely amazing with Shusui, but of course Mihawk would definitely unbeatable with Enma.

For me, Enma is the best sword right now, it just because of its ability to unleash the user's Ryuo outside the user's original ability.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh you mean Noda Skywalker , he is not fan btw he is English editor working for Viz i think its Greg ? I am not sure ?
Ha, cheers, very good to know.

Confirms what I think Oda's been playing at: on one level, the author, the work, and the readers are all connected and informing one another in a way that speaks to the dynamics, literal and figurative, of quantum mechanics; the flow of ideas is affecting each in turn, imagination becoming reality, with various ( often contradictory ) possibilities existing side-by side. For instance, Oda isn't exactly lying ( or telling the full truth ) by declaring these to be fan-submissions, even though there's plenty of underlying, understated context here. This is just one of many colorful means by which Oda will explore the oft-ethereal nature of truth, fate, and other major topics that demonstrating how basically everything in the OP universe can be open to interpretation, as all possibilities are potentially valid in some way, shape, or form.

Anything truly is possible, nothing truly is impossible...but exceptions exist to every rule, even this one. Rofl :blobhappy::catlaugh::sarcasticshottie:👹:blobthinkhappy::pepega::heeho:

By the same token, a great many fans will be pleasantly surprised to see Oda validating several popular, long-running theories they may've given up on in light of some reveal or another that presumably debunked their assertions. Not so fast, said Oda. Don't give up so easily...you may not have been 100% right in trying to predict what I was planning....but you weren't 100% wrong either, so chin up.

Here's a prediction: Queen being a "sea scorpion," as per a very popular theory from a while back, will ultimately prove true, albeit not something manifested through his devil fruit but rather his soon-to-be-revealed Fishman heritage; fucker's a crustacean-type, perhaps literally that of an ancient Sea Scorpion bloodline. In fact, perhaps all the Calamities/Tobi Roppo possesses some ancient/special Fishman heritage beyond the norm, ie hybrid sea creatures such as the Fighting Fish and what not....lots of surprising reveals to come, I'm sure.

Anyway, back tot he main topic here, these supposed fan-submitted chapter covers aren't just fun window-dressing. They truly do provide hints at certain things to come. Case in point: Reiju interacting with a creature from Strongworld.
👹 :blobhappy::blobthinkhappy::heeho::sarcasticshottie:

In addition, Reiju set against a desert, cactus-laden background...like the kind you'd see in Oda's one-shot Cowboy manga Wanted!...is another glimpse into One Piece's relative upcoming future. Just as the Italians managed to simulate the American Wild West setting in the cinematic spaghetti western genre, we're going to see something similar when Oda introduces us to the Wild, Wild West...of China/Kano's Gobi Desert equivalent, home to the northern "Horse People" who plagued ancient China for generations....in the world of One Piece, that means we'll be seeing American-style Cowboys and potentially literal Horse People ( ie centaurs and...others ) popping up in upcoming Kano arc/mini-arc ( my theory, anyways ).

Look at it as Oda tying together two cultures that share many elements in common, for realworld northern China/Mongolia truly did/does possess populations of its very own "Cow" and "Horse" people, albeit not the traditional gunfighters and what all one might associate with the American West. Here's where Oda gets up to his usual funny tricks and combines the two, thereby also throwing in references to Wanted!, and even....Billy the Kidd. Or should I say Eustace the Kidd?

Another prediction: by the time the Kidd pirates reach Kano, Kidd will have eaten a SMILE -- a show of solidarity w/ Killer in the wake of some shitty developments to come -- granting him a pair of funny lil baby goat ( ie kid ) horns. Eustace the Kid/Kidd/however people wanna spell it indeed.

Bonus teaser: remember that spider crab we saw giving Jinbe a haircut from another of the recent cover fan submission pages?

We're going to see a certain somebody possessing Spider Crab blood or some analogous approximation also doubling as a "barber" of sorts; a femme fatale with a knack for "emasculating" men by chopping off their precious locks, similar to Kiku's metaphorical castration of Urashima...and a pronounced allusions towards Delilah's infamous ( and literal ) act of enfeebling Biblical strongman Samson.

Looking at you, Black Maria.

Also, Nami/Robin/Kiku fans are going to be hating, HATING Oda very soon. Not only does Black Maria not discriminate against shaming men with her brand of haircuts, she and others won't be satisfied with chopping off hair, let's put it that way. For one thing, ever wonder what would happen if Robin had one of her dupe hands cut off?

Also, RIP Nami's left boob...Zoro's arm...Sanji's leg ( and life )...Zoro and Sanji's right/left eye...Franky's heart...Brooke's afro...Usopp's nose...Luffy's arms/legs/20/20vision/everything...Chopper's horn(s)....Jinbe's entire body....Call me crazy, but....hell is coming for the Strawhats. Don't worry tho, the One Piece version of senzu beans, albeit much slower-acting, are on the way. The Strawhats have yet to meet plenty of new friends who specialize in prosthetics and miracle healing.

One of which is this guy...

Pardon, I ramble like a madman.

Which scorpion are you referring is from strong world need context on Shiki ? We know Shiki has funny business with underworld its entirely possible he knows Germa .
That twin-stinger scorpion is one of the Younger Black Bros.

Shiki is making his glorious return as a major villain very soon imo. He is the lurking legend Oda was referring to, in certain ways much more dangerous than even Kaido and Big Mom, considering he's not only keen on reviving the Rocks but mounting a global revolution in his bid for power that'll basically start off a World War in OP...an even more nightmarish scenario that goes beyond the threat of two former Rock Yonko joining up. Blackbeard will also be getting in on the fun, as are a number of familiar names and faces.

Shiki returning to the fold would also highlight another major development that plays into very important themes going forward: he won't be the only anime/movie-centric ( generally, manga one-shots aside ) character who'll be making a redbut/official canon appearance. Everything and everybody counts, including guys like Z. Patrick Redfield, and a host of others.

I agree but Law is no longer threat to Luffy's race to PK because he no longer has ambitions . Thats why i think Kidd and luffy will likely be Admiral level when this arc ends .
Pretty much. Though I would say Law is destined to become an independent Admiral or sorts, enforcing Admirality Law on the high open seas; the one who balances the scales between all parties involved. As a man who rides around in a sub, whose totem is an aquatic mammal, who's deeply tied to both pirates and navy alike, he's always had a foot in another world....including that of the worlds of the living and the dead.

And while he poses no real threat to Luffy's ambitions, I do think his and Kidd's upcoming betrayals ( imo, and kinda sorta a desperate gamble/ruse on Law's part ) will teach Luffy some valuable lessons about how overly trusting and reckless he can be. Law's may hurt more on a personal level...Kidd's will hurt on a very visceral, physical sense, setting off a blood feud between the two ( and Zoro and Killer...shit's not over by a longshot ).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1003 Review:
-Noda Skywalker cover request, good to see a regular requester :ROFLMAO:
-The effects of Luffy's punches are given quite a few panels to shine, ya love ta see it
-Luffy is haki'd out... given that Gear 4 had been used earlier without completely wearing Luffy out, I think there might be something more to it... maybe a stamina thing where quick uses are fine, but extensive uses are not
-Kid seems to recognise Luffy's capabilities, musing to himself before Big Mom goes on for another attack
-Kid and Killer resolve to attack Kaido, Law attacks Big Mom
-Kaido creates a Dragon Twister, Zoro is annoyed by this, prepares to defend himself and Luffy with his own Dragon Twister
-Zoro cuts Kaido, to Killer's, Big Mom's, and Kaido's surprise
-Kaido continues to act like a force of nature, though Kid, Law, Zoro, and Killer continue to show they know how to dodge
-Samurai and Beast Pirates are surprised by the ferocity of the battle on the rooftop
-A business partner of Orochi's laments over the party turning into a battlefield
-Four panels into the next page, it becomes clear that this is CP-0, talks of the events that preceded this war
-5,400 down to 5,000... 30,000 down to 27,000. If the numbers were to continue to decline at this pace, the samurai and pirates could win with 1,400 left standing. Don't think it will be that simple though
-We get a brief glimpse of the Heart Pirates, it's always good to know that Bepo is still around, doing Bepo things
-It is interesting that the first thought of the CP-0 member speaking is that Kaido's officers will do most of the legwork in this battle. Particularly because I think it is entirely possible for matchups to go either way.
-Franky and Sasaki are still fighting, Sanji is probably still running, it's not clear what exactly Nami, Usopp, Tama, and Ulti are doing, Jinbe is fighting, Yamato, Shinobu, and Momo are shown briefly (another vague panel)
-Monocle guy seems to find this war entertaining, and useful to the interests of CP-0/the World Government
-Kaido becomes the Hybrid-o, and the chapter ends! :dogkek:

Very action heavy chapter once again, though definitely gearing toward a shift in focus, perhaps upcoming chapters will have more of a mix between the rooftop battle, and other battles, or cut away from the rooftop entirely. CP-0 casually observing was an interesting development, and I do wonder what it means for the future of this arc.

This was more or less my review of One Piece Chapter 1003, thank you for reading if you chose to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom