Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1016
Title: It's Tama!!

SCAN

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1016 QUICK SUMMARY

- CP0 says that since the Pleasures and Waiters switched their side, the number is now 20,000 warriors in Kaidou's side Vs. 7,000 warriors in samurai's side.
- Nami Vs. Ulti. Nami wins thanks to Zeus.
- Usopp catches Bao Huang and tells Tama she must talk to all the island with Marys.
- Yamato Vs. Kaidou at the end of the chapter.
- Yamato: "I'm going out to the sea with Luffy.
But before that we will kick you out of Wanokuni first!!"
- Kaidou: "Don't think I'm gonna go easy on you, Yamato!!"
- Break next week

Zeus, who's stuck to Clima-Tact , asked Nami to give him a new name.
-The new info is basically that Ulti dodged Nami's attack but thanks to Zeus the attack chased Ulti.
-There seems to be a reason to why Kaidou is in Wano
-Yamato says at the end ' I can't defeat you but I'll fight until Luffy returns'
- The part of Kaidou vs Yamato is 2 pages.
- Besides that and Nami's part, the rest of the chapter is people commenting on how the battle is going.
- The title of the chapter seems to refer to the first sentence that Tama says when speaking to the entire island.
- Zeus asks Nami to give him a new name.
Nami calls him “Wata” (cotton) but Zeus doesn't like it and keeps calling himself Zeus.
- Ulti dodges Nami's attack, but thanks to Zeus, the attack chases Ulti.
- It seems there is a reason why Kaidou is in Wanokuni.
- Yamato says that she cannot defeat Kaidou but will fight him until Luffy returns.
- Chapter is only 15 pages (2 less than normal).
- We don't see Bao Huang's face in this chapter.
- Usopp catches Bao Huang with his "Midori Boshi: Devil" (Green Star: Devil).
- Yamato and Kaidou are on the roof of the dome.
- Kaidou transforms into a dragon to climb up and then uses his hybrid form.
- The final clash is a Haki clash between them.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great spoiler!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CoC Clash between Yamato and Kaidou can't wait to see it :pepemusic:

Zeus ask Nami for a new name, Nami calls him Cotton, Zeus doesn't like it and keeps the Name Zeus. Thats what I call an important talk :pepeban:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With yamato joining our little pirate group starts to look more and more like a yonkou crew.
dont know what to think of namis „power up“
Take zeus aka her weapon away and she is just the same as she first met luffy (atleast strengthwise)
and i honestly hope luffy wont take too much time to get back to kaido.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Take zeus aka her weapon away and she is just the same as she first met luffy
With Usopps invention Nami has become a crazy Glass Canon. This started in Alabasta.
Nmi defeated Miss Doublefinger and Kalifa, also on Thriller Bark she showed what she got. She was improving her abilities every Arc.

During the timeskip she got a huge powerup. Making her able to control the weather a power which is normally a power of the strongest like Kaidou or BM or maybe even Dragon.
Zeus seems to be only a tiny upgrade making Nami able to let her attacks chase her opponents.

And I am still thinking that Nami is actually connected to Uranus.
[automerge]1623268460[/automerge]
:blobcorn: Ayyyy, Yamato confirmed Straw Hat, let's gooooooo! 1 member remaining after that
You forgot Cotton :pepeclown:
Also still believe in Carrot :feelstrashman:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:blobcorn: Ayyyy, Yamato confirmed Straw Hat, let's gooooooo! 1 member remaining after that
I thought Yamato is supposed to be the final member, which is a parallel of how Oden became the final member of the previous Pirate King.

And with Yamato's admiration towards Oden, "his" role will probably be like Oden: writing journals of their journey.

With yamato joining our little pirate group starts to look more and more like a yonkou crew.
Certainly. Now we got a fighter who could 1-shot a Flying 6, even just for a short bit, and even dare to 1v1 Kaido.

Not only that, if we look at SH's final matchups, this arc pretty much establish the whole crew as yonko level:
Luffy vs Kaido
Sanji vs Queen
Jinbe vs Who's Who
Franky vs Sasaki
Nami vs Ulti (despite her being injured)
Robin-Brook vs Black Maria
Zoro will most likely fight King, Usopp against PageOne, and Chopper already showed his worth against Queen (not sure who he will fight after Queen).

Zeus seems to be only a tiny upgrade making Nami able to let her attacks chase her opponents.
That alone is already crazy strong. If she ever unlocks observation haki in the future...Good God.
But I think Zeus is also a boost to her firepower, which is foreshadowed a few chapters ago when Nami said she needed "stronger lightning".

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think this has been the best chapter since 1011. Everything that's happened between that chapter and 1015 I've felt has been just intentionally misleading us. Like oh Ulti got shot through the chest but isn't dead. Kanjuro is not only alive but inflicted a deadly blow to Kiku but I doubt she's dead either. Same goes for Kinemon. Luffy isn't gonna die even though Oda was really selling it as if he were to. Chopper swinging Queen around only for Queen to be like "jk lol but I'm about to get serious now." Through it all I'm just like... yeah sure whatever Oda, just get to the fights and exposition, we know how you operate and we aren't gonna fall for your emotional roller coasters after 20+ years of this. :blobwhatever:

But about chapter 1016 itself I love that Bao Huang is finally gonna play an important if not reluctant role in turning the tide of battle :datea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom