Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 988
Title: I've Kept You Waiting

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 988 QUICK SUMMARY

Jack, No 7, and BP army arrived to assist Kaido against the scabbards-sulongs.
Sanji rescued Momo, but he had to tank King's attack afterwards.
Big Mom unleashed a big slash that intimidated the samurais, because now they have to fight 2 Kaidos.
Big Mom then chased Nami who was trying to run off with Zeus.
She took Zeus back and was about to attack Nami, but Franky ran over her face with his bike, and Brook cut Zeus in half. Epic entrance.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepemusic: so Big Mom Amnesia 2.0 comming after that smash in her head

Tbh the ghetto scans were soso, this is one of those chapters you gotta read twice or thrice to understand properly

Also I love Sanji pulling the hero moment again, he indeed is a hero namely Stealth Black ma nibba

Brook and Franky being plot devices of doom to probably trigger Big Mom Amnesia 2.0

Lets gooooooooooooooo

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wonder if we'll actually get a Sanji vs King fight or if Sanji is simply going to try escape which is probably the wiser decision, from this portrayal so far I just can't see Sanji tango with King in a straight up one-on-one. Even Page One recovered easily after being destroyed by Sanji so I still think King is out of Sanji's league for the time being.

Marco vs King is going to be the real thing, I'll be shocked if that fight doesn't go down at some point.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
First, fucking love how my old boy Sanji has finally emerged from the "L" department again. LOLOLOL! He may not be portrayed as someone who can deal with a YC1 just yet but I love how brave he is in pulling that one off for the fanbase. Thank you GOda. Demo, if he manages to tank that attack which is acknowledged by Luffy himself to be a sturdy smackdown, then props to his suit and himself, too. If he does, then I can see a Round 2. But looking at him when the beak connected to his stomach, it seems that he's prepared and confident that it wouldn't penetrate enough to demolish him. Why he posed as confident is a question mark. Maybe he is just bluffing or he discovered something between WCI and Wano that is yet to unravel.

Franky finally got his scene and this time around, it clearly shows that there may be a plot device to unleash Big Mom Amnesia. Most of the fans hate that BM is being portrayed as such but that's the way it is. If Oda doesn't tweak BM level down to Meme, then certainly, there will have a serious problem in resolving Wano. At least I believe that Amnesia 2.0 will not last long but nonetheless, it will buy them time to lure her out of the way and against Kaido's men.

Brook has just made a beautiful and killer entrance and this time, he was able to finally hurt a top homie in Zeus. Before his dealt damage wasn't that serious but this time is different. I am placing a big stake that Brook has finally realized his COA OR might as well, has finally decided to use it on the enemy.

Fucking Queen is just as comical as ever. I love how he throws his reaction in every single event. From learning that they have been invaded to Marco and Pero being together and down to sensing that Momo is being uncuffed. LOL

And lastly, I love how Oda introduced another number in the scene, that only means that Sulong Mink Army is a real deal. Zoo Battle as its finest is coming.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
so...what's the title about or maybe who ?
Raizo ? Minks ? Jack ? Sanji ? or Franky & Brook ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
so...what's the title about or maybe who ?
Raizo ? Minks ? Jack ? Sanji ? or Franky & Brook ?
I think the minks are referring to Jack. It's revenge time.
[automerge]1598030746[/automerge]
Momo could also be referring to his savior.
Nami could also be referring to Franky arriving to save them.
And Kaido could be referring to the scabbards to finally have a war against him.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ok wait. The version I read was kinda blurry... was it Nami that called Franky Big Bro?

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
King is too much for Sanji, seeing as Sanji and King have the same flame kicking technique. I don't see this being the end of Sanji's involvement with King. I see King vs Marco and maybe Sanji inclusion too.

Brook and Franky to the rescue though hope this doesn't mean Amnesia 2.0 or if it does it. I hope it doesn't last as long as 1.0.

We get a new number, hope we see the others and the Toppi Robbo / Flying 6 come and go every chapter.

Though i wanna see full appearance of these Sulong forms more than Vinsmoke Sanji

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think people should reread Luffy Vs Katakuri before trolling Sanji for getting overpowered by King. King's zoan form is big , his head size is as long as Sanji. So in my opinion it's pretty dangerous and destructive df .
In my opinion Sanji played his role pretty well...hope that he will come back with the counter attack in the next chapter..
Glad to see Franky in the action...about Big Mom...well I have give up on Oda about her portrayal..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think people should reread Luffy Vs Katakuri before trolling Sanji for getting overpowered by King. King's zoan form is big , his head size is as long as Sanji. So in my opinion it's pretty dangerous and destructive df .
In my opinion Sanji played his role pretty well...hope that he will come back with the counter attack in the next chapter..
Glad to see Franky in the action...about Big Mom...well I have give up on Oda about her portrayal..
Yeah I assume that attack from King is basically like getting run over by a jet plane lmao

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah I assume that attack from King is basically like getting run over by a jet plane lmao
Yep...he doesn't need sword to kill someone...with such head on attack probability of killing his opponent is much higher..
[automerge]1598167179[/automerge]
Just noticed that Jack's scar is completely heal , another hint about Kaido's regeneration ability ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
about Big Mom...well I have give up on Oda about her portrayal..
I think Oda has intentionally established weaknesses for both BM and Kaido so they are more "beatable".
BM has her amnesia and Mother Caramel's picture.
Kaido has his permanent wound from Oden.

Kaido seriously reminds me of Smaug from The Hobbit.
Smaug was said to have invicible scales, but he had that 1 vulnerable spot, where the scale came off after he got struck by the legendary black arrow a long time ago. And guess what? He died exactly because he got shot by the same arrow on that weak spot in the future.

Luffy & co will definitely discover and exploit Kaido's wound to beat him.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Shottie dont be mean to king you big meanie:madgirl:
You were the one comparing him to a jet plane first :LOL: which made sense because he's a pterodactyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom