Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 996
Title: The Island of the Strongest

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece, onepiecechapters

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 996 QUICK SUMMARY
Tama succeeded in rescuing Nami and Usopp. Hihimaru also showed up to hold PageOne and Ulti back.
Sasaki and Yamato were about to clash, before Franky and Hacha showed up.
Hacha's attack destroyed the floor, allowing Yamato to escape with Shinobu and Momo to the underground.
Yamato then one-shot Hacha with a mid-air strike, and left Franky to fight Sasaki.
Law found a poneglyph, but it wasn't the red one.
At the rooftop, Kaido is slowly taking out the Scabbards. No one has died yet.
Kid, Killer, BM, Luffy, Sanji, Jinbe are going to the rooftop.
At the end of the chapter, Sanji was shocked after he heard a laugh that's similar to Ivankov's from the third floor.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Law and Robin moment had me like :sexyflirt:

Great chapter, we got Law looking for Red Poneglyphs, Kidd powering up, and Franky about to fight Sasaki.
Same, Law caught me offguard. I like how Oda highlights that he wants to take a new route with Law. Its not new, but its new that Oda refreshes that topic with Law.

Ayyy Franky vs Sasaki has to be a real fight. If not then I will be mad. Hope we get some Water Seven stuff there.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My guess for Yamato is that she has the Kirin/Quilin fruit. Would totally fit the current theme.

Tama said she came with an enemy ship I am expecting that these werre the BMP (but I am hoping for Bakkin and Weevil).

Both can be build up for chapter 1k.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Same, Law caught me offguard. I like how Oda highlights that he wants to take a new route with Law. Its not new, but its new that Oda refreshes that topic with Law.

Ayyy Franky vs Sasaki has to be a real fight. If not then I will be mad. Hope we get some Water Seven stuff there.
I agree, Law pulling stuff like that is not something new but at least it emphasizes that the search for Poneglyphs and the meaning of D are still in the top 3 of the most important pieces of the story; and Oda choosing Law who has a brief knowledge of it is a good idea. I mean, no other player could have done it other than him at this point in the alliance. I also love the short flashback of Law and Robin's interaction. We don't get to see two smart and mature people talking anymore. Even BM who is an old hag still acts like a child and just wants to fucking "Let's kill each other Old Friend."

Water Seven stuff is something I also die seeing tbh. It's been ages since we actually see most of our main men bleed to death and still get the W. I also expect Franosuke to reveal some of the other stuff that he might have learned during the TS. I expect some sort of Haki tbh.
but I am hoping for Bakkin and Weevil
How about some ships from the Grand Fleet?
[automerge]1605884201[/automerge]
I mean, what's the point of building up the stories (via cover story) of all the members of the fleet and forgot about them.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
She said enemy ship.
Also with Tama Help Strawhat Mink alliance going to outnumber the enemy forces super fast.
Tama doesn't know anything about the BMP or Weevil it was most likely a Beast Pirates ship

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tama doesn't know anything about the BMP or Weevil it was most likely a Beast Pirates ship
If that's the case, she could be the mysterious shadow hiding behind Robin & Jinbe at Onigashima's entrance.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also I liked JoyBoys Ivankov theory and wish for it to be partially true, especially with the Tama/Revolutionary idea of the theory.
But it seemed like too wyld and too based on the fan translations. So it seems Ivankov ain't appearing, or Oda twists it as wyld as possible.

I think I dropped some nice mini theories in a discor chat yesterday, lemme pick em up:

Sasaki vs Franky:
I think Franky will be barely outpowered, but due to Sasaki's past in Water Seven, Sasaki might switch sides on the final sight. And maybe he will help Franky. Anyway if the Sasaki speculations are true, then we might get a deeper fight here stretched over tens of chapters.
This is the next Franky fight after Senor Pink,
maybe Franky will even win and turn over Sasaki.

Also in a verse where Kaido is an actual dragon with the ability to transform into a human, we know such things are possible with Gyukimaru or how this guy was called: Can we speculate that the egg on Roger's ship might have to do something with that? Like was that actually Yamato?
So if Yamato was in the egg uhm, then Kaido's wife must have entrusted the egg to Roger and at some point Kaido took it back,
if the age of Yamato does add up with the eggs disappearance on Roger's ship, then this is a possible route.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I like Ragnar's idea of Yamato being a Sabretooth Tiger Zoan too

edit: or just a Tiger Zoan lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Late with the review again, but still gonna do it anyway. :D

One Piece Chapter 996 Review:
-Blackbeard? Brushing his teeth? HUH? Alright...
-Continues on from last chapter, following Tama, Nami, and Usopp
-Yamato fighting, Shinobu insists they take Momo and run, gets refused
-Sasaki is insulted, hm? Then okay, let's see you fight...
-Sasaki begins drawing an interesting looking sword, and Yamato's teeth become jagged... things are about to get interesting
-BELAY THAT! Er, I mean, look, there's Franky (I've heard speculation that Sasaki is Kokoro's son... if this is the matchup it ought to be interesting)
-Yamato sees Franky for the first time, and as he is in his mecha, he looks like he does on his wanted poster
-Hacha attacks
-Yamato, Shinobu, and Momo use this chance to escape. Franky trusts Yamato as soon as Luffy is mentioned.
-Hacha is taken out by one of Yamato's attacks
-Seeing Law again, and getting a new motivation for him: to learn the meaning of his middle initial
-Seeing Kid again, he's gathering metal and making his way up to the rooftop
-Kaido appears to be winning against the scabbards
-Big Mom flies through the scene outside the skull dome, with the goal of getting to Kaido
-Luffy, Sanji, and Jinbe continuing their journey up

Good chapter, updated us on a lot of characters that hadn't been seen for a while. The chapters appear to be transitioning from setup to buildup... things are happening seemingly in service of reaching particular conclusions, whatever they may be. Personally I'm just along for the ride at this point, ever-interested to see where things go next.

This was more or less my review of One Piece Chapter 996, thank you for reading if you chose to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom